Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) Empty
PostSubject: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:33 am

Lone walked along the shore of the beach, just thinking on how things with his mother changed as he grew older. He knew he had to find his mother again...but she would be gone to another country to fight in the military, so he thought that dream was pointless. Reaching into his pockets of his jacket he brought out a small wind-up bronze dragonfly. He cranked it up and sat down watching it fly in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 am

I softly danced along the beach closing my eyes and letting myself sway to the music. I let the music carry me. I let the waves wash over to my feet and felt the light fall wind roll into my face blowing my hair behind me. I thought of my father for thefirst tome in months. I wondered where he was. I never saw signs of him putting up, Have You Seen this Girl ads. I spun once and started to sway while walking backwards slowly moving my mouth to the lyrics of the song. While my eyes were closed and I was quickly moving my feet backwards, I stepped into another person our backs knocking together. I whipped around. "Oh gods, Sorry!" I bit my lip. I had been hoping I was alone on the beach. I hted it when people saw me. I took out my headphones and turned off my ipod, stuffing it into my pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:21 am

Usually the beach was empty but today it wasn't. I shrugged then walked along the shore. The cold water touched my toes and made me shiver. I started humming a song I had heard a nymph singing.
The song reminded me of my dad, and how he used to sing me to sleep everynight. Usually Athena liked smart guys, or so I assume. All my siblings had smart fathers. Either they were buisness men, sciencetist, someone who worked for NASA or something other that inquired a lot of intelligence.
My dad was a guy who worked at Wal Mart.
I sat down on the sand not to far away from the people.
I wish I had friends... but then again dad always said the only friends that would stay with you is yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:43 am

"Whoa, Um...it's okay" He said, being slightly startled by the appearance of this girl. She looked like..a nymph? He didn't really know any nymphs so he had nothing to go on to know if she was. He scratched the back of his head and looked around, noticing a girl not to far away either. He didn't know the beach would get people here today but he shrugged lightly and looked back to the girl who bumped into him. "So, Hello I guess...sorry not used to talking to people yet..."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:51 am

"Yeah, that was mostly my fault," I said. "No need to apologize, that was all my fault." I noticed the small machanical dragon fly flying around the guy. "So you're new here?" I saw the other girl walking along.Se was now sitting in the sand. I smiled to her lightly then looked back to the guy awaiting his answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:00 pm

He nodded and let the dragon fly land on his index finger and looked at her "Yeah. I'm Lone, Son of Hephaestus". He took out a small screwdriver and tightened some screws i the dragonfly and whirred it up again and let it fly around and towards the forest
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:11 pm

He said his name was Lone and was a son of Hephaestus. Thatexplained his tinkering with the bronze dragin fly. "I'm Del," I told him letting my eyes wander back to him and away from the bug. "Daughter of Terpsichore. Who is the Muse of Dance." I ran my fingers through my long blonde hair. I really hope he didn't see me dancing around like a weirdo. That would have been embarassing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:16 pm

He smiled lightly and looked out at the ocean "Well nice to meet you Del...I guess we both were in our own little worlds and we didn't know anyone else was on the beach yet today." He reached into his pockets and fiddled with some nuts and bolts, putting them together and disassembling them as if by habit and he looked at her "So, one of the Nine Muses' daughters huh? That's cool."
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:18 pm

I should stop being unsociable. I got up and walked over to the two. I smiled.
"Hi, my names Adella."
They seemed nice. And the one girl looked like a Muse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:21 pm

He looked over at the girl who had been sitting in the sand and smiled "Hey, I'm Lone" He still fiddled with the nuts and bolts and brought out some gears and made a small motorized car, then disassembled it and started making something different, himself not noticing this at all as it was just how he kept his hands busy at all times.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:23 pm

He said we were in our own little words at that one moment. I smiled when he said being adaufhter of a Muse was cool. I guess it was. I wa about to reply, when the girl came up and introduced herself as Adella. "Hey," I said. "I'm Del. What brigs you guys down here anyway?"
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:25 pm

"The Athena cabin wouldn't stop talking about Albert Einstein... It was getting boring," I answered smiling. I usually didn't meet a lot fo welcoming campers. I ran my hand through my hair, absent mindly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:28 pm

He grinned lightly and shrugged "I just came down here to think, the forges were getting kinda loud seeing a lot of people come in and out. So I thought it might be good to come down here for a bit and relax." His absent minded hands constructed a small centaur on his palm. When he set it down the centaur ran up and down with its arms waving like it lost its favorite bow and he looked at it and smiled
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:32 pm

I looked at the centaur in amazement. "Wow... that must take some skill." I smiled then looked at the waves. I turned to Del.
"Who's your godly parent? The way you were dancing is way to good to be Apollo or something."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:33 pm

"You're really good at that," I tolf Lone. "It's cool," I laughed lightly as the centaurs arms flared around. I bit my lip lightly. "Terpischore, actually." I told Adella. "She's the Muse of Dance."
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 pm

I smiled. "I thought that it might be a Muse. Muses are my favorite... after my mom of course." I turned to Lone. "Could you make a mechanical owl? that would be awesome!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:39 pm

He smiled and picked the centaur up and quickly fashioned a tiny bow and arrows and handed it to the centaur, who took it greedily and ran around as soon as it saw a fly land next to it trying to take it down. He looked at them "Yeah I was just telling Del it must be cool to be the daughter of a Muse, and it must be kinda fun being a daughter of Athena... Kinda better then being me, with my hands constantly wanting to build things it's crazy..."

He looked at Adelle "Sure I could, how big would you want the owl?"
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:43 pm

"What are you talking about Lone?" I asked. "What you can do is an art! It's awesome. I could never do that and I'm positive Adella can't. Its awesome, and a lot more sueful then dancing." I bit my lop again afraid I had said the wrong thing. "Ph and the owl thing sounds cool."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:46 pm

He smiled and nodded slightly "Thanks Del, but it gets kinda weird when you can wake up and realize your hands have built a small army on your bunk from the scraps in your pockets..." He grinned lightly remember when that happened and he woke up with tiny regiments of soldiers running across his bunk in a miniature war with each other
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:48 pm

"I have the brains to do it but it takes a special talent. It's a gift," I smiled. "About the owl... hmm... would around the regular size me too big?"
I was excited. Maybe thses people could actually be my friends...
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:53 pm

I laughed lightly. "That's kind of funny," I said to Lone. This was actually something I was enjoying. They seemed to be also, and Adella especially seemed extatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:56 pm

He grinned and nodded "yeah it was kind of funny, and Adelle I can make that for you for sure." He reached into his pack that was on his side and brought out certain pieces of metalwork, both silver and bronze and he winked at them and set to work, his hands moving in extremely quick motions. Within a few minutes he turned back to them, and on his arm was a silver/bronze owl, who looked at them with an automatons curiosity and flapped its wings lightly. He looked at Adelle "This work?"
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:00 pm

i gasped. "Oh my gosh! That's amazing!" I exclaimed looking ar the owl. I was amazed. I didn't meet a lot of Hephaetus kids. So, when I did it was very cool. I grinned. "Thanks sooo much."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:06 pm

He nodded and let the owl fly to her and lend on her shoulder "Yeah, It's one of my better ones, it's no problem." He smiled, looking at them both. He could have finally made some friends here, this first year was going to be better than he hoped for.
Back to top Go down
*Piper*

*Piper*

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:10 pm

I looked at the owl and smiled. "This ought to get the Athena cabin talking of something else other than Albert Einstein."
I looked at them both then smiled to myself.
"You guys wanna go swimming?" I asked. I dug my toes into the sand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)   Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking on the shore...Bored out of my mind (open)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next