Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] Empty
PostSubject: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:10 am

Alden Miller
    Alden pushed open the door to the shop, a tiny grin on his face. Normally, he was indifferent and not humored. Today was oddly different though. It had been like any other day, of course. He had woken up twenty times, shifted until forced to wake up, thrown on clothes, and trudged out the door. The morning light shone through the windows, which was flecked with dust and tiny cracks. "Does anyone even come in here?" With his question unanswered, he moved on, walking lazily.

Coming to a halt, he eyed a nearby necklace. The pendant was a thick, black-painted raven. With it's odd yet non-disputable aesthetic appeal, he was reminded of somebody. That somebody was Elle Brummit. She was someone he had met only shortly, yet still stuck around in his mind. Maybe it was because she was so much like him. She was a loner for the most part, and was so often isolated. It's not like they were friends, though. Returning to reality, he pulled the necklace from it's hanger.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:18 pm

This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] El
This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] Elle-2

So you run and you run to
catch up with the sun but it's sinking,
Racing around to
come up behind you again.

This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] Decoration-1
I'm coming, hold on," Elle snapped as she heard a voice call from the inside of the camp store. Working at the camp store was pretty easy. All she really did was sit in the back and watch the pathetically small television the workers had left back here. Elle rose from the plastic chair and strolled to the swinging door that lead to the front.
Elle stopped as she spotted Alden, blinking a moment. She leaned on the counter on the palm of her hands, watching as he examined the necklace. "That's my favorite in here...I was thinking about buying it but I don't really make any money here so I'm rpetty much broke," she said, arching an eyebrow. Alden was the one person that she didn't particularly mind conversing with. Maybe because he was like her in many ways? She wasn't sure...
Elle stepped out from behind the counter and hooked her thumbs in the belt loops of her jeans. "So what are you doing here anyway?" she inquired. Although she didn't know Alden all that well, they were more acquaintances than anything, the son of Moros didn't seem like the shopping type. Usually the only reason people would come in here was if they were new or to get the air conditioning, however, it's fall so it's not blazing hot and Alden wasn't new. So, after all of this contemplation, the question of why he was here still rang in her head.

The sun is the same in a
relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Alden Miller
    Hearing the sudden call, he dropped the necklace. The cold metal chain rung out through the store, causing Alden to scramble down and pick it up. Standing up once more, he watched as someone emerged from the back. Familiarization struck instantly, as he saw the one he was just thinking about. "Oh, hey..." he began, as she explained that she had taken a liking to the necklace. "I don't really know, actually. Something just seemed to pull me here." Glancing at the necklace, then back to Elle, Alden smiled slightly. "I could, er..buy this for you, if you wanted." He turned his head away, shyly. "You know, just a gift."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Racing around to

Elle slowly nodded her head. She then walked back behind the counter and fiddled with the placement of the items for sale. She quickly hid the wrapper to the Reese's Cup she had stolen, hoping that Alden didn't notice. Elle wasn't particularly good at conversation. In fact, her social skills were seriously lacking. When the boy offered to buy her the necklace she looked up from her busy work with a stunned expression. "...You would buy me that necklace? No...you hardly know me... Besides I'm not much for gifts, I never know what to do.." she mumbled as she continued to arrange and rearrange the knickknacks, candy bars and t-shirts around the store. After she had arranged everything at least twice, Elle grabbed the feather duster and started cleaning the shelves and counters. When she was tired of the silence Elle glanced over her shoulder at Alden a moment. "So..." her voice trailed off and she turned away and continued to dust. "How are you? I haven't talked to you for a while.." she pointed out. Elle hadn't talked to anyone for a while. Last week was the anniversary of Lindsey's death and she had shut herself in isolation like she did every year. And soon Kelsey's death would be around again and she would disappear. However, she tried not to think about that. Crying in front of someone wouldn't cure the awkwardness.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:29 pm

This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] Alden
                                  Nametag by Angel. ©

When she explained about her problem with gifts, he listened intently. Alden nodded quickly, in halfhearted agreement. "Oh, yeah, yeah, of course..." Shifting awkwardly, he watched as Elle continued her busywork, unsure of what to do. His eyes trailed over to a dusty window, which was covered in scratches and small chips in the glass. Through the opaque opening he watched a few other campers, who trotted through camp happily. Frowning, he pondered if he would ever be that social; being able to walk through camp, and greet others casually. However, the son of Moros knew that he couldn't, and never would be able to do that. When she spoke, he jumped slightly, being pulled from his daydream. Seeing her glance at him for a moment, his cheeks were dyed red momentarily, wondering if she had seen him space out. When she asked him about he was, he searched for a reply. "Er, I'm...normal, I guess. Nothing to complain about..." Seeing the quick mask of sadness on her face, he frowned, and opened his mouth. Closing it quickly, he remembered that people never liked it when brought to attention.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 am

Racing around to

Elle sprayed a bit of Windex on the glass of the windows, attempting to clean them. However, due to the age of the water spots and mysterious stains, they remained just as dirty. When Alden spoke she turned back to him and gave a soft smile. She made her way back to the counter and put the cleaning supplies inside the cabinets before she spoke. "Well that's good, sometimes those normal, boring times are the things that you'd rather have than too much excitement or sadness.." she pointed out. Elle crossed her arms and leaned them against the glass counter of the display case. Inside were various candy bars and snacks that were often the things that the Hermes campers, and herself, often stole. She reached into the case, unlocking the back and removing two Hershey's bars. She offered one to Alden with an arched eyebrow. "Want one?" she inquired. Without waiting for his reply, she set the candy bar down on the counter where he could pick it up and opened up her own. She broke off a small square, glancing back up at Alden before she spoke again. "It's actually a relief that you came by. I was bored back there watching that old, hunk of junk TV that I thought I was starting to lose brain cells," she pointed out before she plopped the piece of chocolate into her mouth.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Nametag by Angel. ©

Alden watched as Elle attempted to clean the rugged windows, chuckling lightly at her failed efforts. He listened as she spoke, nodding. For a moment he wondered what she had meant by the words; something personal, perhaps. He decided it was best to leave the subject untouched. When offered a candy bar, he happily obliged, pulling it from the counter. His mouth ached for a moment, yearning for the sweet seductive tang that came from the cocoa. Tearing the wrapper apart, Alden pulled a small block of chocolate from the bar, and took it into his mouth. Letting the candy melt in his mouth, he smiled gratefully at Elle, glad to relieve the absent hunger that had taken over a small part of his stomach. As she continued, he grinned, and nodded. "It seems we're on equal terms. I felt my IQ dropping when I was doing absolutely nothing."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:51 am

Racing around to

Elle nodded her head and plopped another square of chocolate into her mouth. "If you feel that way then don't work at the Camp Store. I don't even want to work here," she noted. Elle brushed some of her black hair from her face before she continued. "This place just gives me something to do so that I don't nap or train because that brings..." Elle shook her head, averting her gaze. It was quite obvious she wanted to get this burden of her power off of her chest, but who really cares? A girl with constant nightmares anytime she closes her eyes? Yeah...that was something to share with an acquaintance. Elle sighed, turning back to Alden. "So what about you? What do you do for entertainment around this place?" she asked, placing another piece of chocolate on her tongue.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:07 pm

This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] Aldenev-2
                                  Nametag by Angel. ©

Chuckling at her first words, he nodded in agreement. When she drifted off with her sentence, he frowned. Something had bothered her, obviously, and Alden wanted to know what it was. Of course, he wouldn't pester her about it, but he knew that one shouldn't be left with secrets; troublesome secrets. Pulling another piece of chocolate from the bar, he lifted it to his mouth, but had to force himself to eat it. Noticing that she had stopped speaking, he turned his gaze towards her, smiling lightly. "I do the normal stuff. Walk, breath, look, sleep, etc." Glancing out the window again, he sighed, and looked at her once more. His pale eyes were curious, and slightly concerned at the same time. "Brings what exactly...?" he questioned, referring to her earlier statement.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Racing around to

Elle's gaze turned to Alden and she frowned. She was hesitant to spill her secret, though she wondered what it would feel like having someone know about her past. With a sign, she decided to indulge the boy. She folded her arms and leaned against the counter. "I'm a daughter of Epiales, the spirit of nightmares. While I can control nightmares, I'm also plagued with them. Anytime I sleep they come and haunt me. It was worse when I was younger... Then I was living on the streets. I almost went mad back then because I didn't know how to control those damn nightmares. I still can't control them completely, but I've get the worst parts out of them. Those parts...they're not made up, which is what makes them so scary," she mumbled. As she spoke, Elle never lifted her gaze from her hands. How would it sound to someone when she admitted that she was afraid to go to sleep? With a sigh, Elle forced herself to look at Alden, but a blush quickly spread across her face and she looked away. "I've had some bad things happen to me in the past...and those things, they tend to revisit me everytime I go to sleep. It's gotten better with training, but they're always there in the back of my mind, waiting until I close my eyes.." she added, staring out the dusty window. She suddenly no longer hand interest in chocolate, so she just left the half eaten andy bar sitting there as she continued to move her gaze all around the room, anywhere but Alden that is.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Nametag by Angel. ©

As she explained her story to him, Alden stared blank. "Elle..." he began, frowning at her. "I'm, er...I'm so sorry." Scratching the back of his neck, he sighed. "I'm sorry," he repeated. "I know that I can't help you with the nightmares; I'm just a lowly son of Moros. But, I er...I guess I can be here for you." Alden shifted awkwardly, unsure as of what to do. Frowning again, he felt a pang of pity for the girl. Knowing that whenever she closed her eyes, she would be attacked with terrors, never having a peaceful night of rest. He knew that "I'm sorry for you," wasn't what she wanted to hear though. Clearing his throat, he sat the rest of his chocolate on the counter as well, and glanced at Elle, waiting for her next words.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Racing around to

Elle shook her head, absentmindedly drumming her fingers on the glass of the counter. "No, it's not your fault. I don't want pity, really. I've lived like this for years, I'm honestly used to it by now," she replied. When he offered his friendship her eyes widened and she shook her head vigorously. "N-No...I..." her voice trailed off and she cleared her throat. "You know, I don't really think we should be anything more than just those awkward two people that say hi when they walk past each other," she said. Her expression and voice suddenly became cold and unfeeling, as they normally were around others. After a moment she looked down, clenching her fists. "Look...it's just...it's for your own good. Can you just trust me on that?" her voice was softer now, kinder... And it cracked a bit as she spoke. Elle looked up at Alden, revealing the sad glisten in her eyes. 'I can't get close to him...it'd be dangerous...' she thought, biting her lower lip. Usually she had never had to worry about out right rejecting friendship because people never offered it, so this was a new pain for her and was harder than simply being mean.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Nametag by Angel. ©

Alden examined her as she spoke; her wavering voice, the sorrow in her eyes. "No," he began, now wondering if he was talking out of his own desire, or for what he thought was good for her, "I can't..." Staring through the glass of the window, he frowned, and moved so that he faced Elle directly. "Why?" He decided to narrow his question. "Why can't we be more than that? What are you so afraid of?" A small crack shot through his voice near the end of his questions, before he retreated backwards a bit. Being a son of Moros, he couldn't help but have a sixth sense. Normally, the weight of doom weighed on his shoulders, haunting him. Now, however, it was gone. "Elle, listen." He stared intently at her, grasping her wrists. "I can tell, trust me. This wasn't meant to fail...it just wasn't..."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Racing around to

Elle's jaw tightened and she glared at Alden. "Everyone I get close to, everyone I care about dies. All of them," she said in a stern voice. "Kelsey and Lindsey, the only two people that have ever attempted to be my friends, both died. First Lindsey from leukemia and then Kelsey when she killed herself," tears tugged at her eyes now, but she would not let them spill onto her cheeks. Elle averted her gaze, taking a sudden interest in her different colored converse. "Everyone I ever get close to dies. I'm the only common aspect in those situations, so it has to be me.." her voice trailed off and she sighed. "I'm meant to be alone, Alden. I can't just thrust my misfortune upon people. I can't let them die and I can't be hurt like that again," she finished in a barely audible tone. "Please just believe me...it's for your own good," she added, looking up at him with a desperation in her bright green eyes. They glistened with the tears that she kept held in. Elle didn't cry in front of people, and she would never allow herself to.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Nametag by Angel. ©

Alden flinched at her glare, feeling as if he had lashed out at her for some reason. Seeing her eyes well up with tears, he let his mouth hang open in disgrace. Somehow, someway, this had been his fault. "Elle," he began, but was interrupted when she spoke again. Everyone I get close to dies... The words haunted him. Once she finished, he slackened his grip on her arms, and frowned. "I'm willing to risk that," he said, his voice eerie with desperation. "I won't die," he pleaded, his eyes longing. "I want this, Elle, I want to be able to comfort somebody, to reassure them..." Again, he grasped her wrists, this time with a vice-grip. "Don't tell me this isn't what you want, Elle." This time his voice was oddly forceful, as if shoving something into her head. Realizing what he was doing, he pulled back, releasing her arms in fear that he had hurt her. "No, no..." Alden stared at her in horror. "I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Racing around to

Elle attempted to swallow her fear, but found that is was just a ball welling up in her throat. Elle studied Alden as he spoke. He was determined to stay her friend. 'But why?' she thought, biting on the inside of her lower lip. 'Why would anyone actually want to be around me or even make such an effort to do so?' she asked herself. When Alden took a strong grip on her wrists she flinched a bit at the sternness in his voice and the tightness of his hands on her arms, but other than that thought nothing of it. However, she was bewildered when he suddenly looked horrified. She blinked, trying to figure out what on earth he could be apologizing for. "Hey, why are you sorry?" she asked. Elle placed her hands on his shoulders, hesitating a moment before she let their weight rest on them. Comforting people was never one of Elle's strong suits. Despite this, she tried her best. "You didn't do anything wrong. Really, you were being nicer than anyone has been for a long time.." she said in a quiet voice. Weren't you supposed to sound soothing when comforting someone?
Elle let her hands drop to her sides a moment before a determined look flashed across her face. She grasped Alden's hand in her own and started towards the back room. "Come on, if we're going to be friends and support each other we should each know what the other has been through," she said. Elle released Alden's hand after a moment, finding that her palms were suddenly sweaty. She pushed the door to the back room open and plopped down in one of the folding chairs. The room was small and dusty. There was a round wooden table and a mini fridge that was taped shut with silver strips of duct tape. Dust particles hung lazily in the air and the small tube TV that Elle had mentioned earlier sat on a plastic lawn table from the 90's. Elle pointed to the other chair for Alden to sit in. "Come on...it's story time," she said, offering a small, hesitant smile.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Nametag by Angel. ©

Alden flinched at her words, obviously stung. "No, Elle, I-listen, it's just..." He was cut off though, as she grasped his hand and began pulling him. They went past the counter, and into the back room. "Friends, huh?" he asked in a small voice. Not exactly what he had been hoping for, but at least he had gotten somewhere; past the awkward, "hi" stage. Clearing his throat, he took a seat, and frowned, watching her. "Well..." He shifted, scratching the back of his neck.

"When I was ten, my mother married again. My step-father was abusive, and psychotic." He cleared his throat again, unsure of how to continue. "Well, I'm assuming that you can infer what happened. Anyways, a bit after my fourteenth birthday, he skipped out into the street, pissed off some guys, and got himself killed." Describing his history to her, he suddenly felt a small self-hatred. Why did he pity himself so much, when his past was not nearly as tragic as hers. "I'm sorry," he apologized again, frowning. "It's not as bad as yours, I know. It's stupid to feel sorry for myself, really." Leaning back, Alden smiled slightly, trying to eliminate past feelings. "Anything else I need to know about you?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Racing around to

Elle listened as Alden spoke. She studied his facial expressions as he went, attempting to depict each flash of emotion that hastily made its way across his face before disappearing again. Elle frowned. She swatted him on the arm for his comment. "Just because something may not be as "bad" doesn't mean it's not bad for them. Everyone has their reasons for who they are. You can't judge your past with anyone else's...that's just stupid," she pointed out, crossing her arms. It was obvious this was her way of comforting him and she just wasn't very good at it.
When she was asked about her past, Elle winced. She knew she had to tell him, it was just hard. 'Just act like it's nothing...like always..' she thought with a sigh.
"My mother was in and out of jail for drug abuse and crap like that. My step-dad...well he was just a gem. He was very abusive, physically, emotionally and..." Elle's voice trailed off and she averted her gaze from Alden. "And sexually... One of my teachers, one day, saw one of my bruises and reported it to child services. I was put in an orphanage. I still went to school, and that's when I became friends with Kelsey and Lindsey and..well...I told you about them. In the orphanage I was that older kid that watched all the young kids get adopted. I had meeting after meeting and nothing. So I ran away. Afte 157 adoption meetings and no one wanting you it gets tough. I lived in alley ways and random homes and shelters for a while and then I came here. Pretty simple..." she said, attempting to dismissively shrug her shoulders. After a moment, Elle turned her bright green eyes to Alden. "I've never told anyone all of that before..." she mumbled, glancing between him and her shoes.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Nametag by Angel. ©

Alden listened to her tale, his mouth opened slightly. "Elle, I'm so sorry." A tiny urging grew in him; a longing to comfort her, hold her, perhaps. He forced himself back into reality, smiling a bit. "Well, er...listen. There's something I've been wanting to tell you..." He had to do it now, or else, he knew, he never would. "I-" he was interrupted, though, as his chair collapsed, caving in on itself. Crying out for a moment, he struggled, and forced himself up. Glancing at the broken remains of the chair, Alden blushed slightly. "Er...oops, sorry." Leaning against the wall, he coughed, and stared at the television, forgetting what he had been saying. "Um..."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Racing around to

Elle jumped up from her seat at the sound for it quickly snapped her out of her flashbacks. She turned to Alden and saw him sprawled on the floor. She couldn't help but snicker. "Are you alright?" she asked, obviously trying to suppress a laugh. Elle picked up the broken chair, tossing it into a nearby cardboard box. "It's fine, I hated those chairs anyway," she replied. Elle hooked her thumbs in the loops of her jeans, turning back to Alden. "So what were you saying? Oh that's right.." Elle paused, shaking her head. "It's not your fault, Alden. It's what made me...me I guess. Whether that's good or bad, I'm not sure," she noted, shrugging her shoulders. Elle sighed, glancing at the small, dusty room. "How about we get out of here?" she suggested with a shrug of her shoulders.

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:07 pm

Nametag by Angel. ©

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," he answered her first question, laughing lightly. It's not your fault... He knew that it wasn't, yet he felt oddly guilty. "No, it's good. Trust me," he said, as she finished the sentence. When she recommended leaving, he shrugged. "Sure, whatever you'd like to do." Frowning, he glanced down, and brushed himself off. A good layer of dust had found its way onto his clothes from the fall, which he protested. "Actually, yeah, let's get out of here." He crinkled his nose, the back of his throat growing itchy. Happily accepting her offer now, he exited the room, and slowly drifted towards the remainder of his chocolate bar, though it too had become home to dust. Furrowing his brow, he tossed it into a nearby trash-bin. Grinning, he turned towards Elle. "So, apparently you don't work too much around here, huh?" He chuckled teasingly, and waited for her reply.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Racing around to

Elle cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink at the accusation. She crossed her arms and pursed her lips. "I resent that" she said. Although she tried to keep her harsh glare, she began to crack a grin. Laughing lightly, Elle pulled another two candy bars out of the counter. She handed one to Alden and kept the other for herself. "I would suggest the beach or the lake, but during the day everyone goes there to suck face," she pointed out, wrinkling her nose. She didn't mind couples, but when they didn't keep their lovey-dovey crap private she found them annoying. Then it hit her and she grinned. Elle spun around to face Alden with an excited glint in her eyes. "I've got it! I'll take you to my favorite spot in the forest. But you have to promise not to share it, you'll be the only other person other than myself that would know about it," she explained. Elle laced her fingers in Alden's and gave a sheepish smile before she started towards the forest. Friends held hands...didn't they? 'Friends are friendly...holding hands is friendly. Friends hold hands. Just because couples do it too doesn't mean anything,' she thought, trying to convince herself of the display of affection and friendship that she had given by taking Alden's hand. Elle wasn't a very gentle or friendly person, so these steps to something completely out of her comfort zone were a big deal, especially to her. Despite this, the daughter of Epiales tried to minimize the changes in herself since she had met Alden. 'I just haven't had a friend in a while...I was happy around Kelsey and Lindsey too...' she thought, biting at her lip as she tried to decide if holding her new friend's hand was going too "far".

The sun is the same in a
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:10 am

Nametag by Angel. ©

Taking the chocolate, he grinned, stuck it into his pocket. When she finished speaking, and grinned as well, he raised an eyebrow. "Idea, perhaps?" When she told him that she'd show him her favorite spot in the forest, he smiled. "Okay then, let's─" he stopped speaking when she took his hand, however, causing his face to turn a bright red, which contrasted with the otherwise pale white. They started moving, and he couldn't help but keep his eyes glued to their hands, which were laced together. He knew that she must have been contemplating her decision to hold hands, though he was deeply ecstatic. Despite how he wanted to write it off, as some kind of first-time friend crap, he knew that inside he was falling for her. This isn't supposed to happen, he told himself. I can't. I won't. I'll never. Alden repeated this mentally, as if they were the rules he stuck by. While doing this, he forced himself to do something that nearly pulled the indifferent look from his face. He untangled his hand from hers, but continued following.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]   This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This place is so neglected, it's sad... [ private - Stephy ]
Page 1 of 1