Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] Empty
PostSubject: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 am

Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] Tumblr_lhyyrrdIit1qbqbj4o1_500
amberlynjadewynters

Amberlyn bounces on her toes, attempting to reach a branch, only inches above her. Cursing her small stature, she flings her arm upwards again. Feeling the rough texture of bark against her palm, she instantly closes her hand. For a moment everything is silent, before the crunching of weight being lifted from dead leaves fills the air, and Amberlyn lifts herself up. Managing to get her legs up on the twisted branch, she sits awkwardly. "I really need to get taller," she comments absently. Gazing at the bloodied skin on her palm, she frowns. Maybe she shouldn't have attempted this anyway... It was simply a ridiculous stunt to prove to herself that she had gotten taller. If she fell she could seriously hurt herself. She could break a limb, get a concussion, gods know what could happen. Amberlyn had always been a determined person though, and now wasn't the time to get shaky.

Despite her worries, she stands, especially hesitant this time, and reaches upwards. Her fingers skim the next branch up, and she decides on a whim to jump. This time, however, Amberlyn isn't so lucky. Instead, her hand bends backwards, and she squeals in pain. Losing her balance, she begins to slide, and grabs at air. Unfortunately for her, she is wearing a pair of sandals, and they don't often come with grips. Tumbling from the tree, she lets out another high-pitched scream before slamming into the ground. Groaning, she gazes up at the leaves, and curses herself. Was it really necessary for her to test herself? Was she that idiotic? What was done was done though, and there was no changing that. Lifting her hands, she examines them, making sure there was no harm done. "I hate trees."

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] Tumblr_lmlqfkZKqq1qh8px0o1_500
C A L E B || [marshall] || R O S S;; God and Keeper of Time.

Caleb heaved a sigh as he strolled lazily through the forest. He wove in and out of trees, attempting to make some sort of pattern. He let his hands slip into the pocket of his jeans. Caleb, squinting through the sun. 'Gods...how can one person be this bored?' he thought, letting out a groan of irritation at his lack of exciting activity.
It was at that moment that Caleb heard the scream. Once. And then again not long after. He frowned, silently wondering what could have made the scream. It sounded like a girl...or a very frilly guy. Caleb started towards the noise, hoping to investigate.
Caleb could hear a voice, although what they were saying was unclear to him. Caleb continued forward as he spotted a girl sitting on the ground. She looked quite frustrated, to say the least. Caleb leaned against a tree, jumping back as bit as he saw a spider scurrying across the bark. He cringed, brushing himself off. "Umm....You okay? You look like you took a bit of a nasty fall, there," he noted, offering a hand to help her up. Caleb was always a gentlemen of sorts, that's how he was raised. Caleb studied the girl curiously. She was cute...actually she was very attractive now that he looked at her. Caleb shook the thought away and cleared his throat awkwardly. 'Why am I never good at first meeting people?' he thought. Caleb had never been one to communicate well around pretty girls. He always seemed to say something wrong...

Last edited by Angel on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] Tumblr_lhyyrrdIit1qbqbj4o1_500
amberlynjadewynters

Amberlyn gazes at the boy, slightly befuddled at first. After the shock settles though, she nods. "Oh...yeah, I'm fine." Gripping his hand, she pulls herself to her feet. Brushing herself off, Amberlyn looks back at the boy, taking in his appearance. He looked a tad bit goofy, with his fiery hair, and his larger figure. Of course, he was obviously taller then her; she had to tilt her head back just to see his eyes, which were a pale green color. Despite the fact that he did seem like a very awkward individual, he had a sense of warmth which Amberlyn took a liking to instantly. Tucking a strand of dark hair behind her ear, she glances around, examining the surrounding area. "Er...thanks." She bites at her lower lip awkwardly, and has to contain the uprising blush.

She can't let herself get too girly, however. Love isn't something that exists for Amberlyn. It simply doesn't. She pushes the thoughts out of her mind, and returns to the confrontation at hand. "I'm Amberlyn," she says, introducing herself after a small pause. "It's nice to meet you." She puts on a sweet smile, and intertwines her hands behind her back. "And you are?"

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] Tumblr_lmlqfkZKqq1qh8px0o1_500
C A L E B || [marshall] || R O S S;; Chronos God and Keeper of Time.

Caleb ran his fingers through his medium length, bright red hair. He gave a goofy grin as she introduced herself. "I'm Caleb. It's a pleasure to meet ya," he said in a goofy tone. Caleb examined her a moment. She was short. And that was saying something compared to him, since he wasn't exactly the tallest guy at camp. There was an interesting aspect about her that he just couldn't put his finger on. Like some sort of mystery he could sense was there but just couldn't figure out.
Caleb rubbed the back of his neck, letting out a long breath. "So um...mind indulging me and telling me what exactly you were trying to accomplish?" he asked. Caleb pointed up to the tree as he spoke. Caleb often talked with his hands. He would use his facial expressions and hand gestures to add both humor and entertainment to a simple conversation. As Caleb waited for her response, he absentmindedly reached up to the tree. He easily grabbed a hold of the branch, gently pulling himself up off the ground a bit. He let himself swing back and forth, dangling from the branch before he dropped to the ground with a dull thud. He examined his palms as he released his grip from the tree. They were dirty with a few scraps, but nothing serious. He brushed the bits of bark and dirt from his hands with a few swift movements. He then turned his attention back to Amberlyn, attempting to not get distracted again.

Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:13 pm

(DUDE, IT'S FRIGGIN HARRY POTTER)
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 am

amberlynjadewynters

Amberlyn watches with a bit of jealousy as he reaches the branch so easily. "Trying to accomplish? Nothing, nothing at all. I was only, er..." She stares at the bark intensely for a moment, unsure of what to tell him. "Well, I was climbing. What else do people do on trees?" She raises an eyebrow, and waits for his answer. Rocking back and forth on her heels for a moment, she can't help but look back up at the tree, imagining about her own growth spurt. She would be able to do so many things; she could climb trees without falling, she could reach the top shelf, etc.

[ Short post alert! Sorry for the tininess, but I have no muse right now. It'll be longer next time. ]

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:32 am

C A L E B || [marshall] || R O S S;; Chronos God and Keeper of Time.

Caleb followed her gaze a moment to the tree. It was a bit tall for her... 'Maybe she should try one with a lower branch?' he thought. Caleb's gaze flickered back to Amberlyn and then returned to the tree. 'Why this tree?' he thought. Glancing around, he saw there were plenty of other trees nearby that had lower branched that she could reach. "Well...would you like some help? I could give you a boost up so it's easier," he offered. Caleb still wasn't sure why she had chosen that particular tree. It was even a bit difficult for him to reach the lowest branch. However, he decided that was a topic for another time.
Turning back to Amberlyn, Caleb smiled. "If you're able to make it to the top of the tree, make sure you try it at sunrise...that's the best time. Trust me," he stated. Caleb shut his eyes, remembering the time he had taken his sister to the top of a large oak tree in the city park at sunrise. "At sunrise everything is pure. It's all bathed in this golden light that makes everything look like a piece of art. At first, as the sun begins go peak over the horizon, everything is quiet. Everything is still. But then, birds begin to chirp, as if to welcome the new day. It's a beautiful thing to behold...especially at the top of a tall tree.." he explained. When Caleb realized he had rambled on like that, his eyes snapped open and his face turned a deep shade of scarlet. "I mean...it's pretty my little sister used to love it.." Caleb said, shrugging dismissevly. It was obvious he was attempting to cover up his embarrassing moment.

Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:39 pm

amberlynjadewynters

Amberlyn listens, and can't help but laugh as he finishes. In reality, she had never imagined that type of description from him, and therefore has a rather shocked expression on her face. At first, she is at a loss for words, but forces herself to shake it off. "Er...yeah, I'll keep that in mind." A minuscule smile is planted on her lips, and she opens her mouth once more to speak again. "So what are you doing here? I mean, like...in the forest." Amberlyn continues to bite her lower lip, unsure of what to do. That had always been a problem with her. She never knew what to do with herself while she waited for someone to reply. She had always just been playing with her hands awkwardly, or dragging her feet on the ground. "Like I said, I was just climbing. I've always loved the forest. It's so quiet, and peaceful, and stuff. And the animals and things never bother you. Plus the nymphs are here, so you're never really alone..."

She glances up at him, and her face is now dyed a light red color. She realized that she had rambled on about something stupid, and is now trying to keep her embarrassment inside. "Sorry about that," she says, though the apology is only a whisper, barely even audible to anyone else. As usual, she begins dragging her right foot through some dead leaves, leaving a slight crunching sound in it's wake.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]   Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken dreams and broken branches... [ private; STEPHY ]
Page 1 of 1