Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)

Go down 
+2
Turtle
Sirius_Raven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sirius_Raven

Sirius_Raven

Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) Empty
PostSubject: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 am

Half-Blood

Name: Argus Derrick

God Parent: Thanatos, God of Death

Claimed: No

Mortal Family: Ellana Derrick

Years in Camp: 8

Brief History: Argus lived in a small town in Southern Georgia. He was home schooled by his mother Ellana due to complications from ADHD. Mysterious visions and apparitions of the long dead constantly plagued Argus, driving him into a deep depression. Thinking that Argus' father died in a boating accident, she has no idea these apparitions are real and caused by the divine blood that runs through her son's veins. She sees only one option and tries to lock Argus away where none can find her. The Son of Thanatos begs his dead friends to help him escape his prison. They agree, but a terrible deal is struck. For there help, Argus must sacrifice his mortal soul to the dead. Not understanding at eight years old, he agrees.

The results are catastrophic. Being the son of the god of the dead, the dead had no power over him. They were not able to take his soul as planned. Confused and angry, they fed off his own rage. His mother suffered as their target as they ripped her soul from her body. Argus watched in horror as she died.

Hades, the King of the Underworld, felt the massive disturbance and followed it to its source. Upon finding the son of Thanatos, he admonished and berated the child. He banned him from the Underworld and forbade him the release of death. As a last punishment, he locked the memory of his mother dying and the pain of the souls being destroyed within Argus' mind, where they could torture the boy in an eternal, relentless horror any time he tried to summon the power of the dead.

When he came to Camp Half Blood, it was completely by divine mercy. Persephone, Queen of the Underworld, having pity on him and hid him from Hades. She wiped away his memory of having used the power of the dead in hopes that he would never again discover it and be saved from torture. She left him at Thalia's tree where he was found by the Ares cabin. He now resides in the Hermes cabin as unclaimed half-blood of no extraordinary abilities.

Personality: He is dark but not sullen. It is clear that he is troubled by the fact his father will not claim him. He cannot remember his mother dying and other large portions of his past, and the constant worry of them has driven him slightly mad. While regarded as eccentric, most people are attracted to his ability to talk about any subject and make it sound interesting. He enjoys the night and the cold; most of of his time his spent in places where such conditions are prevalent. Because of this, he does not have the opportunity to make many friends and has become reclusive despite his natural charisma. This does not bother him as he finds solace in his loneliness. He often wonders throughout the night due to a natural insomnia. At these times he has been known to encounter several nature spirits and even a few aspects of minor gods. Slowly, these encounters have brought him more and more into the eye of other campers. He is slowly warming to the idea of working with others; though, overcoming hubris is a painful and long process

Physical Appearance: 5'11 about 165 with light muscles mass. Brown hair with dark green eyes and tan skin due to T'ai Chi and Swimming. Everything one would not expect the son of death to look like.

Fatal Flaw: Pride. He believes he must do everything alone.

Pets: None

Talents: He is not particularly outstanding in anything though he is mildly good at public speaking. He can use the sword and axe proficiently. He has mild talents at blacksmithing. He enjoys swimming and T'ai Chi. There are other dormant, forgotten abilities that he could call on, but the con sequences are dire as they would unleash Hades' curse on him. While he does not know this, Persephone's blessing protects him through mediocrity.

Weapon: A simple celestial bronze sword he forged himself.

Year-round or Summer: Year-round

Other: None

Last edited by Sirius_Raven on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Raven

Sirius_Raven

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:22 am

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:23 am

I'm not a mod, but I'm still more than slightly iffy about some of this. First of, he has had a LOT of interaction with the Olympians for one who (A) is unclaimed, (B), hasn't gone on a [major] quest, & (C) is the son of a minor god. He's as child of Thanatos with a Hades' kid's powers, (Most other Thanatos kids can communicate with the dead, but to the extent of my knowledge, none can actually bend them to their will.) and even if that type of ability was within reason for a Thanatos kid, expending that much energy at 8, or any other age without a ton of training, should have killed him. Finally, and this only bother me a little, but I still feel it's worth mentioning, "everything you wouldn't expect a son of death to look/act like" is the theme I used to make my Thanatos character- just a few days ago. I don't really have too much of a problem with it, but I thought I'd let you know. OK, to recap, my advice: tone down his powers & interactions with Olympians bye a LOT [better if you eliminate the latter outright]. His powers are borderline sueish for a child of a minor god, and there's a reason only qualified people with 500+ posts can have Big 3 kids. Also, there is a forge at the camp. It wasn't addressed much in the books, mostly because we didn't have a Hephaestus main character until TLO, but it's open to everybody. Forging your own sword is in no way a "rare privilege."
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Raven

Sirius_Raven

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:35 am

Edited. Thanks for advice.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 am

Welcome. Sorry to slam on you like that. Still pretty iffy on the whole Hades' Curse thing, but that should be left for the mods.
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Raven

Sirius_Raven

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:27 am

Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
RainbowVeins

RainbowVeins

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 am

Nice first character, mate! Once you're approved, perhaps we can roleplay sometime! x
Back to top Go down
Sirius_Raven

Sirius_Raven

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:24 am

I look forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks for helping out, Tortuga!

Interesting character, he's accepted!
Back to top Go down
RainbowVeins

RainbowVeins

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Congrats! x
Back to top Go down
Ally(:

Ally(:

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:49 am

...Can cabin leaders accept things or is it just for mods...? I don't want to sound stupid but...It's my first day as a cabin leader.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.maximumridechildren.forumotion.com
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:52 am

Good question, Ally. ^^ No, cabin leader cannot accept characters. There's been debate about it for quite a while but they are still only allowed to be in charge of their cabin.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Ally(:

Ally(:

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:52 am

Alright, thanks Angel!(:
Back to top Go down
http://Www.maximumridechildren.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)   Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sirius_Raven's Character (1st Character. Needs Accepting)
Page 1 of 1