Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .

Go down 
+12
dean
maddie ☹
Ally(:
Skye
Evasive
Angel
Crispy Bacon
jessica
Glaceon
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan
tethys
Ninja Poet
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:21 am

I would have to agree that it tends to be a popularity contest, but the popular people tend to be the smart, capable, responsible bunch. I have no problem with the current bunch with the exception of those who are inactive. Those who are active tend to do their job well, imo.
Back to top Go down
Ryan McHale

Ryan McHale

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 am

So what we should elect based on popularity and smart.I think based on leadership and smart ones.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm not saying we should elect on popularity. I'm saying there is a general relation between the popular people and the capable people.

The people with the most friends here generally tend to be active(before the election anyhow), intelligent, capable rpers who are qualified for at least a chance at the job. I'd say they posess leadership skills, but it's difficult to show leadership skills as a member, since there's not much to lead. This is basically the first chance you get to show leadership skills of any kind, so yeah.

I'd also say the people chosen for CLs are responsible but pffft I'm totally not, rofl.

Anyhow, there will be favoritism in every election, online and offline. It's unavoidable. But you don't haveto choose your friend. The votes are anonymous so you can and should be voting in who you think will be best for the job. It just so happens that people tend to think their friends [/i]are the most qaulified.

But that's not even the problem at hand. The problem is that people continue to get re-elected, and I can see how there is a bias against newcomers and that's not really fair. So we're deciding if there should be a term limit, and how long it should be. I think people are spot on with two year terms, an election being held each year where they'll have to defend their spot.

Although, I think that if the cabin leaders disappear for months without prior warning, then they should maybe be booted from their position and a smaller election for just the inactive cabin leader's cabins should hold place. This way there will always or at least mostly be active leaders. :'D
Back to top Go down
Ryan McHale

Ryan McHale

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

I don't have many friends but i get about 10 posts a day so i am really active matter of fact i had 20 posts twice.And i once had 30 that's the highest.I agree that leaders should get elected.They should get booted but they should at least give a fair warning so we could have a second person step up and be leader.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 pm

I'll be brutally honest here...you may post a lot but you've just recently joined, and you haven't really talked to a lot of people or established a name for yourself yet. I'd try doing that before signing up for elections. D; Feel free to run, of course, but if you happen to lose, don't be overly disappointed. Spend the next two months meeting people and expressing your interest for the forum via questions and suggestions. And always keep the members in mind. /pets
Back to top Go down
Ryan McHale

Ryan McHale

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks i hope you vote for me one day when i got enough friends and you will be my first friend.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Prove to me that you're the most capable, and you've got my vote. C:
Back to top Go down
Ryan McHale

Ryan McHale

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Alright thanks notch.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:55 am

I normally vote for the grammar nazi, because grammar nazis support each other. Rofl no. It all depends on what cabin you're running for, kid. If you hapen to be against a staff member/previous cabin leader, they've already gotten the advantage, sadly. Unfair, I know. But if you try really hard, be a grammar freak when it comes to your own posts, challenge yourself, and just.. Try, then I'm sure that you'll be a cabin leader someday. Drop by the chtbox, make friends, roleplay, gradually make your posts longer, people will notice that, and when time comes in early September when everyone's voting, then they'll remember who you are.

Remember to spend mot of your time actually roleplaying if you want to polish on your writing skills. Don't be a chat hog or nobody will notice you. I wasn't the most literate person when joining, mostly because English wasn't my best subject. Just chose the people who are comfortable with your plots and stuff. Chose people that you feel comfortable around. If you don't feel lile roleplaying with that person, then just politely say no. Try and be as mature as you can. Try and think from another side of the argument, and don't even try and take sides. 

People will start to notice you and they'll appreciate the fact that you've tried to help the community, then they will vote. And most importantly, don't break any rules. Even if you have, just keep the rule in mind next time. Try reviewing the rules. I had a bit trouble remembering the rules, but I kept on reminding myself while I posted. 

It's always the attitude you have towards things. Be honest, be literate, keep up with events, role play, and you'll be a CL in a few months. :3 Also, if you have any trouble with anything, you can always sign up for a mentor. If you're one of those people who just feel guilty for not trying the most you can, or if you compare yourself to others a lot, then go an stalk Charlie Bacon's posts. Or Sniggle's posts. Then there are Crispy, Colby, Skye, Angel, Nico, Pink, and Selene's posts. They're amazing and will inspire you to thrive in roleplaying. I felt bad after seeing Sniggle and Charlie's posts. I literally went through last year's English tutor work, and whee, I'm more literate that I would've ever been. 

Now for part two xD

I believe that we should have a mini election for inactive CL's and members should speak up about their concerns. Yes, you members reading this. You guys are horribly important. Unf. Don't be afraid to PM me. I'll always be happy to suggest different ideas and present concerns. The deletion of the reputation system? A member brought up the concern, he Pmed me, a few other members suggested the removal of the system, and now people feel better about themselves. That literally took me 3 minutes. Max. 

I also believe that you can only run as CL for two cabins. Because there are people who also want to run, and we want to include as many people as we can. Intentions are also very important, and I hope that none of you guys are signing up for the colour, and if you are, then you may want to re-think your decision. Cabin Leadership may help when you want to show leadership and organisation skills in an application on this site and on others. 

My point is, I talk too much xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2