Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .

Go down 
+12
dean
maddie ☹
Ally(:
Skye
Evasive
Angel
Crispy Bacon
jessica
Glaceon
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan
tethys
Ninja Poet
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  Empty
PostSubject: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:35 am

I have two suggestions on the topic of Cabin Leaders.

1]] Previous cabin leaders should not be able to run. For example, Dean was the Hephaestatus Cabin Leader, so this time, he shouldn't be able to run for the Hephaestatus cabin, although he could run for another one like Hera or Apollo. This would allow for a more fair selection of Cabin Leaders - as some have been saying, people are choosing the old cabin leaders again, and this is unfair for the other people who want to become one.

2]] There should be Senior and Junior cabin leaders, like there are in the books. Whoever comes first in the votes gets to be senior, and whoever comes second gets to be junior. That way, if something happens to the Senior Leader, like he goes on a quest or something, the Junior one steps up.

Just my ten pence.

-- Ninja
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:57 am

There aren't junior and senior cabin leaders. I already went through this a while ago. I believe when they mentioned this in the books, they were referring to senior cabin leaders as ones who had been at camp or cabin leader a longer period of time. :p This was only mentioned in TLH, I think, so it was just the wording on a page or two that confused people.
I don't think we need another Cabin Leader for each cabin, but that's just my opinion.
I'm not sure about the first one. Previous cabin leaders earned their spot as cabin leader, and they should be able to try again if they want. Although if we don't allow they to run again, it gives other people a chance because, like you said, people might just vote for the old cabin leader...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:59 am

I personally like both ideas. I will say though if former cabin leaders wish to run so badly then I say that there should at least be a limit on how many times people can run. The president of the US is only allowed two four-year terms. I think we should do a similar thing. Like one person can run for cabin leader 2 one-year terms and that's it. I rather not have the exact same lineup every year otherwise it'll be unfair because many new people will not have a shot at all. As for Senior and Junior, I like it plus it's technically been done before on here. (I remember Hale and Katie running Apollo together.) The only thing is that at that point there may be a little TOO many green names running around but I kind of don't mind. Just the cabin leader dinner and other CL only events may end up being packed with a whole bunch of people unless seniors and juniors were given separate events.
Back to top Go down
Glaceon

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah I have FOUR VOTES, and the only other person with votes is the one that CURRENTLY leads the cabin. They've got 17. People just ignore the new faces. I had some good ideas, I made an ACTUAL poster for fun. Colby just gets nominated by some random person and then gets all the votes.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:59 pm

tεthys wrote:
There aren't junior and senior cabin leaders. I already went through this a while ago. I believe when they mentioned this in the books, they were referring to senior cabin leaders as ones who had been at camp or cabin leader a longer period of time. :p This was only mentioned in TLH, I think, so it was just the wording on a page or two that confused people.
I don't think we need another Cabin Leader for each cabin, but that's just my opinion.
I'm not sure about the first one. Previous cabin leaders earned their spot as cabin leader, and they should be able to try again if they want. Although if we don't allow they to run again, it gives other people a chance because, like you said, people might just vote for the old cabin leader...

Yes there are junior and senior cabin leaders. Have you even read the books? I mean just reread a scene where there's a CL leader and you'll see that there are two representatives from each cabin (Except the Big Three cabins of course). Read uhhh, I think there's a scene in the third or the fourth one.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:57 pm

That's too many cabin leaders, in my opinion. There's around 16 cabin leaders, so having both senior and junior cabin counsellors would make 32. That's pretty crazy. Being a cabin leader's supposed to be somewhat of a privilege, so having the majority of the members be green is a little too much and it decreases the value of being a cabin leader.

I also don't think we should ban cabin leaders from running for their cabins again, because that's not fair to them. o-o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 pm

I will dismiss the second idea due to sheer size. I refuse to let the first idea die though. It may not be fair to bar them from running again, but it's even more unfair to the new members if the old members always get the cabins so long as they stick around. That is why I feel that maybe Roo's suggestion should be revised so that cabin leaders CAN run again but only for a LIMITED amount of times. I know if I was cabin leader I would like having my name green, but hopefully I would remember what it was like to be yellow and feel bad about having every election have me winning the same position over and over. This isn't mentioning members' reactions when they see themselves losing to the same person 3 times in a row for 3 years. Anyone ever see those member of the month awards on other RP sites? It's like having the same person constantly win every month. There are awesome people out there, but no person is or should be awesome enough to be member of the month every month over all the other potential candidates.
Back to top Go down
Glaceon

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:35 pm

I agree so many times soemone should punch me in the face for agreeingness. I think that if Colby wins again this year then they should NOT be able to run again next year. Or the old cabin leaders run one year, then don't run, then can run again.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:05 pm

If a cabin leader is doing a good job then they should be able to run again, if they're not they won't win and the person that people think would be the best cabin leader will win. How's that unfair? I mean, if someone's been cabin leader the entire time then maybe it's time to give someone else a shot, especially if they aren't doing a good job. But the point of the cabin leader is to elect the person that the site believes will lead the cabin the BEST, not give everyone a chance to be cabin leader. That may sound bad, and I don't mean it to, but if the same person is the best cabin leader the first time and the second time, then, for the good of the site, shouldn't they be cabin leader? Cabin leader elections are to fairly pick the person best for the site, not give everyone a chance to feel important. Because the point is, every person on this site is important. Everyone gives their opinions on site matters, whether they be a member, admin, mod or cabin leader. Everyone is equally important to the site and the way it runs. So I'm not for either idea. If a cabin leader is doing a good job they should be allowed to run as many times as they like.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm not concerned about good guys rerunning, I'm moreso concerned about favoritism constantly bringing in people who aren't one of those people that Angel is mentioning. But if most people are against putting limits, I'm just going to throw my hands up and say okay then. This is a democracy after all. Majority vote wins. I hope this is not coming off rude because I am certainly not trying to be rude. I'm just kind of going with the flow at this point. Not every idea is going to be the best idea.
Back to top Go down
Evasive

Evasive

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:44 pm

I agree with both. Considering the fact that most people are just going to get to be CL over and over and over agian, whilst the others are coming in second or third place. The second, yes. Then if the other one leaves, we don't have to have another election and we can just elect the next person in line for it. Both ideas are great.

funny gifs
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:44 pm

I think I understand what you are trying to say here Rhyme.

However, I do have to agree with Angel. If a person has previously done a good job, and they are more than credible, then I don't see why they can't run again. You do have some very good points about terms.

I think terms would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:18 am

8 of the old cabin leaders won for THE SAME CABIN THAT THEY WERE CL FOR BEFORE. That's over half. I do think it is a little unfair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 am

Because we can't seem to agree, I suggest we just do terms. We won't have any limits to the amount of times people can run due to the number of folks against such, but if somebody's going to be a cabin leader for a long time it will be due to people voting for them repeatedly. If I notice there's less and less new cabin leaders coming in with each election though, then I will probably bring up the idea of limited runs again.
Back to top Go down
Ally(:

Ally(:

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 am

I do agree with the first idea, however, as people said before, it should be limited. Like 2 one year terms.
The second idea...as everyone else has said there would be to many green names. Maybe we could just remember or write it down who got second place? Then if the charrie had to do something important away from camp or had to be inactive, then the second place person should step up, then change the name to green, but at first when the other CL is still there, the 2nd place persons still yellow. Was that too confusing? o_e
Back to top Go down
http://Www.maximumridechildren.forumotion.com
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:08 am

Yeah, I thin it should be a 2-year thing. Kinda, in a way, like president elections xD They can run for two term thingies but not again (but, you guys won't get a 4-year thing :p). So, I think everyone who has won their second time today/yesterday shouldn't be able to win for that CABIN next election, but for any other.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:46 am

I agree with Moo's terms and they are very reasonable, of course, I have an easy say winning for my Cabin again but I could've lost, the character Axl Rose was getting a lot of votes as well, he got 11 whereas I got 16 so people do vote fairly they just don't pick new faces because they would like to get to know the others first. I had to work hard to get to know everyone the first time I became a CL. I had luckily been a member for quite some time so people knew me and I was more likely to get voted for. I was against Sun-Spawn the first time and I won by just one vote.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:37 am

I like this idea. So after two terms, they can't run again? Or just can't run for whatever cabin they previously had? Like, I'm the current co-cabin leader of Hera. Let's pretend this is my second year of being co-CL. I would be able to run again but as any other cabin leader? Or I wouldn't be able to run again at all?
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:38 am

Say this was your second year of being Hera CL, then you wouldn't be able to run for HERA again, but could run for another cabin, e.g. Apollo or Aphrodite. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Ah, sounds good.

I think if, say person A served for 2 terms, and then person B served for 2 terms, person A, if still active, should be able to run again for their desired cabin, including the one they had previously run 2 years ago.

Because come on, they've been a dedicated member for 4 years so they totally deserve at least a chance.

And also I don't think it would matter much because I can only imagine that a small handful of members would stay here for 4 years.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:48 pm

I think this is a great idea! It lets more people have a turn, and then more people after them. And it's actually quite a fair way as well.
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
Ryan McHale

Ryan McHale

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:20 pm

I want to get elected after i'm claimed and i guess we should run for 2 years or maybe 3.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm

It takes more than just wanting to get elected to get elected. You have to earn the respect and love of the people electing you by being involved and helping out. Majority votes, so be good to the population. I'd suggest going and introducing yourself in the chat box, for starters. We're a friendly bunch--come say hi and hang around for a while. ;P
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 am

Honestly, I think the cabin leader elections are basically a bunch of popularity contests, and as long as you're well known around here, you're going to get votes. Doesn't matter which cabin you're in. But as long as they run for any cabin around here, then they'll get votes. That's my point of view. Though I think there should be a rule about being active. You have to be active or else they'll have another election for that cabin or something. Because we have 4 inactive cabin leaders already.
Back to top Go down
Ryan McHale

Ryan McHale

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:49 am

Oh okay thanks for the help notch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .    On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the topic of Cabin Leaders. . .
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next