Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] Empty
PostSubject: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:35 am

Jimmy James Lance, Son of Apollo, happily bounded over to the Demeter cabin. He wanted to share something with his friend, Abel. He'd just learnt to tie his shoes Sure, it was a little later than some kids, but the six year-old had had an abused mother that he only saw a few hours a day. he didn't really get time to teach stuff to her child.

"Abel!" called J.J. through the open doorway excitedly, "Abel, where aaaaaare yooooooou?"

As he finished his calling with a singsong voice, a teenager walked up to him from the depths of the Cabin looking slightly awkward. "Erm..." she said, "Kid, Abel died. Sorry..." and walked away, still looking awkward, and leaving Jimmy standing in doorway.

"... Died?" he whispered, his expression one of pure sadness. "No. No!" he finished with a yell, before running into the Cabin Courtyard. He let himself fall, face down, onto the ground. Mickey, his pet mouse, was, as always, on his shoulder. But he was in his newly constructed shoulder-cage, so wasn't hurt in any way. The inside was highly padded, and was built in a special way so, no matter what, Mickey would be sitting parallel to the ground. It was pretty handy.

J.J. sobbed into the warm stone that was the ground for a few minutes, before feeling he needed a change and sat hugging his knees.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:23 am

Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] 678208-bigthumbnail

bubby belen
daughter of iris

Bubby Jean Belen was in cabin two, known as the minor god's cabin, when she decided on being productive. Last night, she had felt like having all the time in the world in her little hands, as she painted her heart out. But of course, she can't see any of the pictures, or see the great cause of admiration the elder campers gave her. As well as any, she could be an artist, as that's what she planned on, but unlike most, she's different. She's blind. But it didn't matter. She was her, no one else. And that made a toothy grin creep into her girlish feature, and made her look less lonely than she was.

And so, in the morning, rather than play around, irritating other kids, or making surely colorful pictures, she planned on actually going outside. Alone. With a shirt, too big for her small frame, and a pair of pants, Bubby walked out into the morning sun, greeted by the soft sun rays on her skin.
"Good morning!" she yelled out into the sky. Some actually turn around, smile at the kid, not knowning she doesn't see their grins, and walk away. But hey, atleast she made some happy.

Knowing where things are, usually, by hearing the sound bounce off things, she didn't expect the next thing that happened. She tripped.
"Ouch!" she exclaimed, falling down to the, luckily, soft and grassy ground."Sorry, I didn't see- Are you crying?" She asked her, getting up on all fours and brushing the long curly blond hair out of her face. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She said, comming close and for a weird but unawkward, half kneeling hug. Sorry, why was she sorry? But it was the first thing that came into her mind. So yeah, that's how her day started. An inside voice, behind her head whispered softly, was this the start of a friend? Well, we'll find out soon. Find out soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:02 am

J.J. continued to sob dramatically into his knees, when he felt someone fall on him. With a soft "Ooph" he looked up to see a girl - obviously the one who had tripped over him - notice he was crying, say sorry repeatedly, and hug him (which he was grateful for). A hug always had a way of making things feel a little better.

"A... Abe-Abel... he died!" the six year-old sobbed, saying the 'died' part in disbelief.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:53 am

bubby belen
daughter of iris

Who the hell was Abel, Bubby haven't gotten the time to ask. For now, she was too busy comforting this other kid in her arms to bug her. ”Oh, I'm sorry. ” Bubby repeated. But she wasn't looking forward for a whole afternoon with just a single repeated word said over and over again, would she? No. Squaring her petite shoulders, Bubby was determined to not let this poor kid take all of the sadness in the world in his equally small hands. ”I'm sure, wherever he is, he's happy. And I'm sure, he doesn't want you to be too.” Bubby explained with a forced, yet convincing smile. Even for a 7 year old. She knew, deaths weren't easy.

And yet, deep inside, she knew nothing of being easy. Even living your life is harder than it looks.
”Shh. It's okay. You have me! I'm gonna be your friend too!” She announced in the girly coo of hers. Past the grey filled morning, she was determined to make it colorful. Like her paintings!
[/font][/font]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:57 am

"Your... gonna be my friend?" The word 'friend' struck J.J. like a tonne of bricks. He couldn't help but let a grin stretch across his tear-covered face. Jimmy Lance was made to grin, it seemed.

Another reason for it striking J.J. as particularly... [His writer doesn't know what word to use, so...] awesome. He'd never had any friends his own age - he'd never even had a friend since John the Satyr found him.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:31 am

bubby belen
daughter of iris

Bubby Jane Belen smiled, her feeling elated as she knew she had made someone happy. And you know what? She was the first one to make contact! Yes! It was like mission impossible acomplished for her. Bubby nodded in response to J.J.'s question. Bubby, a happy 7-year-old lifted her small pinky in front of her face. She sat up behind, leaning her full small weight on her folded legs. She straightened up and cocked her head to the side. "First, you have to pinky swear." Bubby said, lifting the pinky between them in such presicion((Spelling?)) that you'd actually think of her as normal. "C'mon. It's easy. You just interlock mine with yours!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:36 pm

OOC: You got it right - thank Google Chrome spell check! :D
IC:

"Pinky... pinky swear?" J.J. had never heard of a 'pinky swear' before. But, with the girl's help, he understood it, and intertwined his pinky with hers. A huge grin lit up his tear-covered face, "What's your name?" he asked.

"Do you like animals?" he added curiously. He had learnt it was best to ask people if they liked animals before he showed them Mickey, after an experience of making an Ares kid scream and run away upon seeing him.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:52 am

bubby belen
daughter of iris

Bubby sighed in relief."Uh-huh. I used to do that...with the neighbor kids! But- Bubby stopped and looked like she missed them dearly."They didn't want to come, or that's what the man said. He said this was a place for kids, like me! But no matter! I got friends now!" Bubby grinned with realization. She was happy! And she had friends!”LIKE YOU!”

Giggling, Bubby smiled at him. "Well, I'm Bubby B. Daughter of the- Squinting as if to remember who really her mom is. She had a hard time with her name, refusing the 'o' and making it always a 'u'. So, her godly parent wasn't really much of a priority either."the rainbow!" She remembered how they told her the name, and all she could remember was that word. But, who cares? She was still 7."How about you? Do you like rainbows too?" Bubby asked, many questions popping into her mind fast. Yes, a normal day, for normally ADHD kid named Bubby. "Animals? I l-love them! She said, throwing her arms in the air, and it landed perfectly besides her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:05 pm

J.J. looked at Bubby curiously. She seemed like... Like him. Hyper. Making Bubby, to J.J., one of the many awesome people at Camp Half-Blood. He shared Bubby's grin with her.

"My Daddy his Apollo, and he is the God of the Sun and Music and stuff, and I really wanna meet him! And... I guess I like rainbows... What are they?" asked J.J., having never seen one, "Are they cool? They must be 'cos everything is here is!"
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 am

See the flower I’m holding? See? See?
You could look at it with for so long….

…and don’t notice how lucky you are for that.
For me, I’m just an organ short, but we still could marvel at it together!

»»||bubby||belen||««
daughter of Iris

Bubby bet they were, even if she couldn't appreciate them as many do. She kept on telling herself so many times how much she's not missing a lot, thinking if she convinced herself too much, she could eventually lie easily to herself. But Bubby didn't want to disappoint her new friend. He just, after all, cried his hear tout. She just got him happy! What more could she ask for? “Rainbows...their the result of rain, as I hear.” Bubby said to him. She wanted him to experience what she could not. And, even if it took her by surprise how he couldn't have known what a rainbow is, bubby remained hyped up- for his's sake. “Yeah! I bet we could-” Bubby caught herself for a second. Then, realization dawned to her. “Hey! You forgot to tell me your name, friend!” [/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:54 pm

"Oh!" J.J. giggled. "I'm J.J.!" he said, before realising something. How could he be happy when he just found out another friend was dead? He fell silent. What should he do? Be sad, or have fun? Having fun was by far the most tempting... But J.J. didn't know what to do...

He frowned, gazing at the Cabins.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:34 am

»»||bubby||belen||««
daughter of Iris

“J.J!” Bubby exclaimed. Finally! This was wonderful. It was a bliss to her tiny heart to know her friend's name. Cooped up in her little dark world, she could only have survived if it weren't because of her friends. As she bounced of the though that she had J.J. now, she only noticed his silence then. Was something wrong? Did she do it? Oh no, not good. She could feel herself loosing her grip on her new friend. “J.J.! What's wrong? You hurt? Buddy?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:16 am

"No... But... will Daddy tell me off if I'm happy after Abel died? 'cos normally people are really sad and wear black and stuff..." J.J. looked dramatically and pleadingly through tear-filled eyes at Bubby. It was times like these he wished his Mother was still around... she'd know what to do... and he wished he'd be able to talk to his father - perhaps even if was just once - and get a grateful of advice. One of his parents was dead, and one was unreachable and unable to die. Who could give Jimmy Lance advice? Hugs? Dinner?
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 am

»»||bubby||belen||««
daughter of Iris

Bubby frowned. She never thought of that. “Well, does that mean we should be sad too?” Bubby asked J.J., not grasping the concept of mourning. “Cause you know, we could visit him in the graveyard- or we could we could- Ahhh!” Catching her off guard, a large mammal pounced on her. Bubby fell on her back, on the grassy ground as her only blanket beneathe the hard and rocky ground. “Max! Sit. Siiiiiiit!” Bubby said, yelling in a happy tone. how did Max find her? A giant, or at least compareed to her, golden retriever was sitting next to the kids. It's tail wagged in it's own hyper way, and the tongue dangled out of it's mouth. bubby was happy- for a start- but she remembered she was to be serious. “Oh yeah. Abel. Well, I think we should...give him flowers! When I'm gone, I'd want some flowers too! So I can smell it when I come back!” bubby said, not saying how the whole idea of death was so simple and shallow for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:02 am

"Flowers? YEAH! But... what type? And where'd we get 'em from...?" asked Jimmy. He looked around, and for the first time noticed something. There were flowers everywhere at Camp. Feeling silly, J.J. laughed.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:38 am

»»||bubby||belen||««
daughter of Iris

Bubby blinked back, as Max licked her face. His breath smelled like he just ate someone's taco or something. “Uh, something...white? I love white! I love'd to see white! They say it's very..pure!” Bubby said.

She wondered where they'd grab some flowers, and wondered again if J.J. even knew wheere to start looking. Most likely, they'd be needing guidance, or something.
“But where do flowers grow? In the...fields?” Bubby offered. She didn't know, but flowers grew everywhere she can't see it. “In the cabin? 4 was it?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:36 pm

"Cabin... four? That's Abel's cabin... But, I 'spose... they would have flowers." J.J. said, with the last few words turning into a mumble. "White flowers would be be good. And yellow. 'cos the sun is yellow and Daddy is the boss of the sun and I like yellow! Yellow makes me happy when I'm sad."

"Like now."
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 8:08 am

»»||bubby||belen||««
daughter of Iris

Bubby didn't know if she was still allowed to smile. Well, she didn't even want to frown too. Her face was masked with indifference, as she listen to J.J.'s thoughts. “Well, if it's that bad, I could go there on my own...”

Bubby offered. She scratched the back of Max's left ear. Max, in return barked happily in his big, doggy way. “I know another people- he's really nice!” Bubby offered. “And I could get you the yellow flowers!” Bubby tried to cheer him on. And then, she got an idea. “I could even get one for you too!”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:10 am

"Nah uh!" J.J. said, "I gotta go too! And we can get rainbow flowers for Abel and yellow ones for us and everyone else we see! Then EVERYONE can be happy! And the big adult in charge people!"

He said all this with a wide grin - he felt good.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:06 am

»»||bubby||belen||««
daughter of Iris

Bunby smiled, showing two front teeth. She was happy J.J. Thought the same as she. They needed to be happy. “Olay, so Demeter cabin is cabin....6?” Bubby asked.b she wasn't really much of a listener, especially to the important details like cabin number. Max barked enthusiastically, as she wondered about. Maybe he has seen a rabbit or something. “Go boy!” She ushered the dog away, knowing it wants to run around. Bubby then turnedto J.J. As she stood up to her small feet. She brushed off the dirt that covered her jeans, knowing they're there, but couldn't see them, she smiled at J.J. And asked. “Are we going now? I love to smell the flowers!” [/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:38 am

"It's over... There," J.J. replied, pointing to the grassy Demeter Cabin, "I dunno what number it is though. And, yeah, let's go now!"

And he stood up, beginning to hum, We're going on a Lion Hunt and we're not scared... and so on but with slightly different lyrics.

We're going on a flower hunt and we're not scared,
We're going on a flower hunt and we're not scared!

He stopped. He needed obstacles for the rest of the lines to be made. So, he and his new friend would have to start walking.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:36 am

»»||bubby||belen||««
daughter of Iris

Bubby couldn't see where he was pointing. Did she forget to tell him aain? Her eye brows dropped down in aggravating concentration. But even her gifts can't hold the proper spot where the cabin 4 sat. Bubby tapped J.J.'s back.  “Yeah, I can't see where you're pointing.” She mentioned to J.J., as she heard his footfalls on the green grass. Or what she knows as green. “I'm blind.” She said the same way she might have told him she needed to go to the bathroom. Bubby smiled at him, she didn't want their 'quest to cabin 4' becancelled for that. “You can, you can lead the way! I'd be happy to- to follow!”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:23 pm

"You're... blind? But that means you can't see!" J.J. cried, "That's bad! But... I know!"

He simply grabbed his friends hand, beaming, "This way you can't get lost! Now let's go get some flowers!"

OCC: Sorry 'bout that terrible post... :\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]   Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some knowledge ain't so good... [Death]
Page 1 of 1