Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

change of scene (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shim.shady

change of scene (open) Empty
PostSubject: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:09 am

Being a child of Khione, Bram naturally hated any sort of heat. Then why was he by the sunny lake, he had no idea. Bram had been taking his usual stroll through the woods, when he thought he would enjoy a change of scene. Coming to the lake had seemed to be a perfect idea then, before he actually came here.
Bram sighed and leaned against a tree behind him. He was in the tree's shade, but it was still hot. He thought about lowering the temperature around him, but then quickly decided against it. It wouldn't be worth the energy it would require.
Bram eventually dozed off a little, feeling drowsy in the heat. The last coherent thought he remembered having was to take a dip in the lake later on.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Mia Baker ][ Daughter of Apollo ][ 17

Spoiler:

I was walking through the forest, when I came upon a kid leaning against a tree. I was curious as to whether or not he was alive. He looked... frozen. I picked up a stick, and poked it at his head. "...Hellooo...?," I said. I felt his pulse, and he was alive. "Well then..." I muttered, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I turned away, and sat at the shore line of the Lake. Beautiful, and the sun was just perfect for a child of Apollo.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:17 am

Bram was awake when the girl had felt his pulse. He was awake from the moment she had came up to him and made any noise of sort. He was tempted to open his eyes like a normal person would, but Bram didn't. He didn't know if he would like this girl or not--some people could be just plain annoying.
However, Bram was surprised when the girl just turned away from him and sat down facing the Lake. He had expected her to keep on poking and prodding her, eventually causing Bram to snap and open his eyes.
However, the girl's lack of interest in him made Bram curious. "The Lake is beautiful," Bram smoothly said, acting as if he hadn't been pretending to be asleep when the girl first approached him.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:24 am

"It is," I replied. I shook my head and tried to hold back a laugh. "Oh, and I knew you were awake, smart boy," I said with a smile. I kicked off my shoes, and put my feet in the water. This kid was kind of cute, but I wouldn't admit that. I focused on the soothing current of the water, and how cool the temperature was. A little too cold. I focused, and made the water slightly warmer. I felt woozy, but it worked. I smiled at my newly found talent, and put my chin on my hands.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:32 am

"I'm sure you did," Bram said, rolling his eyes.
Bram stood up and plopped back down right next to the girl, him too, imitating her by taking off his shoes and putting them into the lake water. He expected the water to be cold, feeling good on his feet on this hot sweltering day. However, much to his surprise, the water was warmer than he expected. Bram frowned, and made the water a bit cooler, forgetting about the girl next to him.
"Oh," Bram said suddenly. "I'm Bram, Son of Khione."
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:50 pm

"Pulses are different during sleep mode," I muttered. He sat down, and a minute later I noticed the water go cold. I frowned, at how cold it got. I did that for nothing, I thought. "I'm Mia, daughter of Apollo," I said while making the water go warmer. I put my hand out, at the son of the Snow goddess. It was weird, considering I was the daughter of the Sun god.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:15 pm

"I'm sure," Bram teased, and let out a barking laugh.
Bram frowned when the water grew warmer again, and this time he turned accusingly to the girl. "Stop doing that," he complained. Bram had always disliked anything warm, and he had been looking forward to sinking his sweaty feet into the cold, welcoming lake water.

"Well, nice to meet you Mia." Bram shook the girl's hand, and jumped a little by how warm it was. Huh. This girl was a daughter of Apollo after all, maybe it was normal.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:12 pm

"Well, sorry if I prefer the warmth," I muttered as I let him change it back. "And it's nice to meet you too," I added. His hand was cold, but I didn't react. I expected that much from a child of Khione. "So, what are you doing out here on this hot day?," I asked. If he was being stubborn about the WARM water, why was he out in the HOT weather? Some people truly amazed me with their actions.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:41 pm

"Nothing to be sorry for," Bram said with a chuckle.
"And even snow needs to melt sometime, you know," Bram said with a smile. The girl sounded impatient, almost as if she was accusing him for disliking the warmth. As it happened to be, sometimes Bram actually liked the warmth; just not that often. He loved the Spring, the slight breeze and sun always shining, with flowers blooming from left to right. However, Summer just crossed the line--enough was enough.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:47 pm

"Guess that makes sense," I said with a smile. I laid back, and enjoyed the sun on my face. The warmth gave me goose bumps. I loved the sun. Closing my eyes, I breathed deeply, and smiled. That's when I took off my shirt, to reveal a tank top. I walked in the water, and laid on my back there. The fact the sun reflected off of water made it even better.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Bram smiled at Mia again, a bit surprised when she leaned back into the grass, the sun shining into her face. She looked so peaceful and relaxed at the moment, that Bram sat completely still, not wanting to interrupt her moment.
Then just as suddenly, Mia stood back up again, peeled off her shirt and in her tank top, promptly walked into the water. She got onto her back again, and Bram saw her wear the same peaceful expression she had on before. Bram hesitated, not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:33 pm

"Not coming in?," I asked with a smile. I concentrated on letting my body go loose, and letting go. I put my hair in a messy ponytail, and smiled. The day was perfect. I tried my best to make the sun get a few extra rays on me, but it didn't work. I frowned, and tried again. This time, it got a little warmer around me. I suddenly became very sleepy, and yawned.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Bram, now encouraged by Mia's words, followed her into the lake. But before he did, he too peeled off his shirt like Mia had. Except he didn't have a tank top on, of course.
As Bram drew near where Mia was floating in the water, he noticed it was getting warmer as he grew near her. "You're doing it again," Bram complained, but smiling, not really minding the warmth of the water anymore.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:46 pm

"Yes, I am," I said enjoying the warmth. I peeked an eye open, and noticed him smiling. I smiled too, and slightly laughed. I went underwater, and came back up. I was finally soaking. I laid back in the water, looking at Bram. I went back to closing my eyes, before he could look my way.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Bram shook his head a little at the odd girl. She seemed so at ease; so calm in the water. Bram saw her duck underwater, disappearing from his sight. He felt silly worrying a little--the girl could probably swim like a fish. After a while, Bram finally spotted Mia again, a little bit off to the distance. Her eyes were closed again, which was weird. He could've sworn that he felt someone's eyes on him just a couple seconds ago. Perhaps that was just a mistake on Bram's part.
"Do you come here often?" Bram asked Mia suddenly. That thought had all of a sudden popped into Bram's mind, and Bram was never any good at surpressing his curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm

"Nope," I said calmly. I noticed how quiet it was, and did something completely in character. I splashed some water at Bram. I smiled, and looked away. I was acting like a kid again. W-W-Wait. Was I... flirting? No, of course not. I was just being a dork... right? I blushed a little at the thought of flirting. I was never into having my life surrounded by boys. At least that I could remember.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:09 am

Bram gaped at Mia, now soaking wet. He could feel his brown now wet hair falling down to his eyes. Bram grinned evilly, and approached Mia slowly. "Oh, you're going to regret that," he said in a sing-songy voice.
He grinned as Mia blushed a little, though Bram wasn't exactly sure why. She was the one who splashed him in the first place.

hello there:) I took a look at Mia's character sheet, and it seems like Mia's 17? W e l l , Bram is only 14, and I think he's a tad bit too young for Mia. I wasn't sure if you knew of this already, so I'm just saying!
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:49 pm

OOC: Yes, I am fully aware of that. But, since you have never RP'ed with Mia, you don't know how she usually acts. She acts like a kid. But, the only reason she was splashing the water was because she thought it would annoy Bram. For the record, she didn't know how he would react. Because, most people would get mad at her. So yes, I am aware.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:24 pm

okay, just making sure:)
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:33 pm

OOC: And yeah, I don't see a big age difference. Mia just turned 17 like last week. xD WOW THREE YEARS! Big difference...

"Ah crap," I muttered. I went back under, trying to hold back a laugh. I wasn't sure why I was able to be underwater for so long, but I just was able to. I came up to the surface, smiling like crazy. I was on the verge of laughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: change of scene (open)   change of scene (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

change of scene (open)
Page 1 of 1