Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Home, perhaps?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:36 am

So this was it, Tara thought to herself. This was the place where she supposedly belonged, where all her other half-siblings were, where she would learn to survive. This was the place that she would learn to call her new home. Tara couldn't help sighing to herself. Despite the constant moving of schools because of her father, Tara never really found her place with the crowd. She never really had any close friends, but perhaps this was the place she would make some. However, Tara seriously doubted that. Sometimes it was just better to have low expectations, rather than being disappointed later on. With these oh-so encouraging thoughts, Tara took another step into her new "home." She nonchalantly looked up into the sky without much thought, and yelped when she saw something gray floating above her head. She couldn't see that well, but she could vaguely make out some shape of sort.
Panicking a little, Tara looked around, searching for someone that would know what was going on and would be able to help her. She heard light footsteps coming from her right, and Tara whirled around to face the person.
"What's going on?" Tara asked, even before she got a proper look at the person now next to her.
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:11 am

"Well, I would say it's a owl, floating above your head." Mitch told the girl. He was standing by Thalia's Pine, doing that dramatic cross-arms-looking-at-person-leaning-against-something thing. "Here, we call that a 'claiming'."

"I'm Mitch, Son of Aphrodite, and-" he looked at the owl "- I would say you are something or rather, Daughter of Athena. Super Smart Brain Child, you are." the New Zealander said.

Spreading his arms out wide, the twelve year-old continued, "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood! I'm going to assume by the fact ya got an owl over your head and your walking in what would look like to everyone else the middle of nowhere, you're a half-blood! Welcome to the wonderful world of killing your family with swords and fighting things that want to kill you every Sunday! Well, actually, it's almost everyday! Hooray!"
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:42 am

"An owl? Claiming?" Tara dumbly repeated after the person, whom she now got a closer look of. He was definitely younger than Tara, maybe twelver or thirteen.

"Daughter of Athena," Tara repeated after the boy again, this time more to herself than anything. She didn't know what to make of this news yet. Tara never was really interested into Greek myths and stories--she barely even knew most of the Greek Gods. However, her knowledge was enough to tell her that the Goddess Athena was the Goddess of warfare and wisdom.

"I'm Tara. Tara Wood. Um, is this...claiming thing ever incorrect?" Tara asked nervously. She considered herself anything but wise, and she never got into a physical fight once in her life. Surely this was a simple mistake that would all be sorted out.

Tara gulped uneasily when the boy named Mitch continued on with his speech about killing your family and fighting deathly things. She chuckled a little, just in case if he was joking. Tara didn't want to look a wimp as soon as she stepped into the camp grounds. However, she couldn't stop her body of doing it's usual fidgeting of twisting a bracelet around her wrist. It was a habit that Tara never got around to fixing.
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:41 pm

"Well, perhaps if the God's mixed their children up with other children... Nah, I don't think so. So Tara, ya don't seem to know much about the Gods, so what brings ya here? Instinct? Strawberries?"

Mitch remembered when he first found out the Greek God's were real. He hadn't freaked out too much, but he was on a rollercoaster at the time. The rollercoaster excitement kind of beat the words he could barely hear excitement.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:10 pm

"I...I followed a friend," Tara replied uncertainly. She was getting a tad bit worried now. Perhaps it wasn't the best of ideas to follow a random guy with certain goat body parts to a un-heard of so-called camp. This boy wasn't exactly promoting the idea of coming here either. At least he seemed nice enough.
Tara had gotten the basic outline of what was going on, but didn't know too many details. She still couldn't believe the part of being a half-god--demigod, in other words. To be honest, all the other parts made sense. Tara always knew that she was different--she just didn't expect anything this...extreme.
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:46 am

"A friend." Mitch repeated. "I don't see. Ya say you followed this friend here, yet I see nobody... They had to leave? They got nommed?"

Mitch could see the girl doing what looked like freaking out on the inside. Normally the new arrivals would freak out with a lot of exterior actions. Though, it wad true they were often being chased by evil things. Evil being stuff wanting to eat them.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:56 pm

"Uh, I don't--I don't know," Tara said, now realizing that her so-called friend was now gone. "He just pointed me here and...,"Tara started to look around, but didn't see any familiar faces. She had been so caught up with this whole camp business, that she felt like she was forgetting everything recently.
Tara knew that this would be dangerous for her to being so clumsy and forgetting anything, and that she should really concentrate on everything. After all, she had heard more than enough stories about life at camp, and the rough training.
"What do you mean get nommed?!" Tara asked the boy suddenly, trying not to sound panicked--which she totally was. Her voice rose up at least an octave, her eyes flaring up with worry.
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:16 am

"Oh... Erm... Sorry... Ah... Nommed is being... Eaten... Ahh... Well. I say, isn't a lovely day today? Don't you just love apples? I do like apples."

Good work, Mitch. Very smart. Your a freaking genius, Mitch thought, his earth-brown eyes examining the ground.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Tara felt her eyes widening as the boy stammered out a definition of the word "nommed." She had hoped that it was one of the many jokes this boy seemed to give out. But if it was a joke, it was a very cruel one at that.
"Apples?" Tara repeated, her voice still in that panicked high-range. "Apples?! You tell me about how my only friend here got cooked and eaten alive, and you're talking about apples?!"
Tara couldn't believe what was happening. Perhaps this was a camp for the mentally disturbed people, rather than demigods. That would explain a lot of what was going on in her life lately.
Back to top Go down
MultiProdiogious

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:06 am

Cole stumbled past the barrier, with a horde of monsters and other freaks following him. He collapsed, rolling down the hill, he landed right on a girls foot, the last thing he saw before blacking out, was a Girl staring down at him worridly, and then, the world went dark
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:31 am

OOC: MultiProdiogious, I'm no admin or mod or anything, but your character hasn't seemed to be accepted yet, meaning you can't be RPing IC here yet. So I'm just going to post normally, as if you never posted, until I know your char has been accepted, and, if that happens, I will edit my post. Thanks :)

And, to Shimmy (Can I call you Shimmy? Please?), I'm sorry this post is short, but I've been having trouble posting the last few days.

IC:

"Erm... Well... Never said it happened. He or she might be alive and well, right now, skipping around. And stuff. Erm... I'm sorry for saying something like that..."

Mitch was usually good at talking to people. He was a social butterfly. But now he was acting more like a social Huhu Grub.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 am

Multi, Zelly is right. You can not roleplay until your character has been accepted. (Which I believe I stated before.) Do not continue to roleplay, or, I state again, there will be consequences.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Tara took in a deep breath, and told herself to calm down. Mitch was probably right--not about the nomming part. Hopefully.
Even so, if Mitch was trying to make Tara feel better, he was failing to do so.
Tara sighed, and tried to clear her head of everything. This Mitch boy made this camp out as sort of to-the-death training place; if that was true, then Tara definitely did not belong here.
"Tell me, Mitch," Tara said smiling, to let the boy know she was only joking. "Is this how you treat all your newcomers?"

Of course you can call me Shimmy--it's one of my nicknames, in fact. Oh goodness, what a coincidence, yes? ;)
Well anyways, don't worry about late or short post. Everyone has those moments... including me and you. Hopefully we'll overcome this writer's block and lack of time together!;D
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 am

"Uh... Yeah, kinda. Expect for this guy who fainted. Fainting is bad. He was being chased by a Monster. Not nice. Son of Athena, I think. One of your half-brothers."

OOC: Really sorry for the short post!
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:08 pm

"Fainted?" Tara repeated doubtfully. Then again, she had heard many stories about Campers getting attacked by ferocious animals. Perhaps fainting wasn't such a bad thing after all, compared to all the other things that could happen.
Tara sighed, and said to Mitch, "Do you think we can go somewhere? I'm pretty tired after today." And tired she was. After finally making it to this Camp, she was welcomed by a boy who talked about this camp as some deathly training place.

no problem, don't worry about it. :)
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:10 pm

"Heh. Yeah. I could show you your Cabin, and then you could ask someone for a full tour in the morning?" Mitch asked, "Or tour now with... Erm... Me, now. Or find someone else to tour camp with, now. Take your pick!"
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm

"Sounds good," Tara said earnestly. She may be dead afraid of this place, but that wouldn't stop her from at least taking a look around this place. Having a Cabin meant she would have Cabin mates, and hopefuly Tara would be able to find people her age that she could relate to. Surely she couldn't be the only new person around here.

Uh sorry, but I sort of already went to Cabin of Athena and went around and all that... whoops haha.
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:45 pm

OOC: It's alright. We can finish this thread and PRETEND :D
IC:

"Erm... Ah... What sounds good? Tiki Tour'n with me or visiting your cabin?" Mitch asked, confused. Tara had just said 'Sounds Good' without saying what sounded good.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Sounds great ;D

"Uh," Tara said uncertainly, not exactly sure what she wanted. This boy continued to scare her, not doing much to ease her nerves, but then again she didn't know anyone here. It would be nice to have at least one familiar face near her. "Tiki Touring with you it is," Tara said with a half-hearted grin. She could only hope that the boy would have enough sense to stop talking about getting nommed and fainting.
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:44 am

"Alrighty then!" Mitch said, clapping his hands together, "Got any belongings ya want to drop? Cuz normally I do the Cabin last. In my tours, I mean. But we can drop off your stuff and do the Cabin first. Heh, last time I did that in one of my tours... The person got bored with me. Decided to finish the tour with a cabin mate instead."

OOC: I'll make a tour thread soon. Just tell me where :D. If you want, of course.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:52 am

"I don't have that much stuff," Tara admitted, gesturing to the lone backpack slung across her shoulders. "I think I'll be better off carrying it around... just in case."
To Tara, this backpack was the only thing left to remind her of home, and she didn't want to lose that. She would keep it close to her as much as she could manage, and during the tour was no exception.
"I have no idea how someone could get bored with you," Tara said sincerely, only half-joking. Mitch may not be the most reassuring person alive, but he certainly wasn't the most dull one either.

Alrighty then :D I look forward to it. Why don't we start off at the lake or beach or something? Or maybe the arena. I don't really care, where. :)
Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:20 pm

OOC: I'm just going to make it at the Cabin Courtyard, as it's sort of central. Erm... But I'm not sure I'll be able to do it now, with me going away and stuff. So I'll make the thread, and let someone else to the touring. That okay?
IC:
"Well that's good, because there's so much to show you! The Cabins, the Lake, the Forest, each little fungi on the ground! I do love the fungulis borealis! It's ever so wonderfully exciting! Got ya stuff? Got ya limbs? Let's go!"

Mitch gestured for her to hop over the boundary line - she was still a few metres in front.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Oh, then we don't have to do the actual thread haha. I mean, if you can't do it, we can just rp together some other time--I look forward to it:D

For the first time, Mitch managed to get Tara actually enthusiastic and excited for something. The camp may turn out to be some odd serial killing training camp, but at least it had a lake and forest. Perhaps things won't be so bad around here after all.
"Sounds great," Tara said with a grin, and eagerly followed him deeper into the camp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home, perhaps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home, perhaps?   Home, perhaps? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home, perhaps?
Page 1 of 1