Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ] Empty
PostSubject: Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]   Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ] I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:38 pm

finlay roberts
the toleration

A small boy, only fourteen, marched around the lake. His bare feet made odd stomping noises on the newly wet ground. It had only stopped raining, and the boy, Finlay Roberts, took the perfect opportunity for a walk. On top of his head was a clear, round bowl. It's sides were transparent, and the water inside was up to the brim. A small, indifferent goldfish rattled around inside, looking unconcerned. "Come on, Posh." The boy's voice was small, and a strange smile was plastered on his lips.

He stopped abruptly, a small amount of water sloshing out of the fishbowl and on to the damp ground. Finlay leaned over the edge of the lake, and stared back at his reflection. Extending the bowl out, he tipped it over, and the small fish slid out. It made a slight plop in the lake, and for the slightest amount of time stayed under. Once it submerged, however, it stared back at him. It's face was one of surprise, only slightly apparent on the small fish. After it's miniscule mind had settled though, it began swimming around.

Finlay smiled. Posh had always loved the lake, and to make the goldfish happy was his one true desire. It was a special fish, after all. His mother had given his father the fish before she had left to return to her true habitat. Keep it safe... Her voice echoed in his head, and his lips curled in a sudden frown. Finlay hated thinking about his mother. She was so kind, so helpful...but alas, she was a god, and gods couldn't stay with children.

Plopping down on the soggy grass, he huffed. Oddly enough, he had no urge to swim. He glanced around, yet spotted no one. Reaching into his pocket, he removed a small heart locket. Not a soul had ever known of this possession. It was a secret; one that he never planned for anyone to know. Pressing his finger against a small button, it flipped open. He gazed at the picture: a family portrait of him, his sister, his father, and his mother. Her face was blurred, however, and he couldn't realize why. Of course, he never thought about it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]   Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ] I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:08 am

yeah, you better back off - you should know better than to order me around

Valora Lennox
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."

"Did you just call that goldfish 'Posh?'" Valora asked, eyes laughing in amusement. She smiled at the boy and ran a hand through her hair. He looked as if he were a few years younger than her - she could see it in his eyes - and she didn't really mind, she had always enjoyed speaking to younger people. They were so innocent, so free, so untainted. Their opinions weren't coloured by anybody else's, they were their own people.

She straightened up. "Hm, yes, quite." She said in a British accent, adjusting a make-believe hat and leaning on a cane. "Not that I'm making fun of your goldfish's name, by the way - it's a very nice one." She added placatingly, raising her hands as a gesture of peace. "I'm Valora, by the way, Valora Lennox."

(( Loooool, sorry it's short. xD ))

and you dare to call me unwomanly? you can bet that I will never make you a damn sandwich
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]   Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ] I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:39 am

finlay roberts
the toleration

Finlay hid the locket hastily, his face showing surprised. His face turned a light color of pink from nearly toppling over into the lake in his rush to stand. "Oh, thanks..." he said, quietly, his heart still jumping. He glanced at the fish before continuing. "I'm sorry, you surprised me. I'm Finlay Roberts." Smiling, he sighed in relief as the thumping in his chest returned to it's normal pace. How embarrassing would that be, getting a heart attack from a simple fright?

Sliding the small silver necklace in to his pocket from behind his back, Finlay nodded to her. "Lennox...? Sounds familiar." He finished the sentence with a long, drawn-out word. "Oh well, I guess it just does. Anyway, you can call me Finn if you want to. Most people hate to say the actual word..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]   Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ] I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:53 am

Valora Lennox
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."

Looked as if he had been in a hurry to hide something from her, Valora raised an eyebrow at this but didn't say anything about it. If he didn't want her to know, she wouldn't ask. People could keep whatever they wanted to themselves, they were their things to share - it wasn't any of her business to go poking into what they didn't want others to know. "Ah, sorry about that. I just heard you call something posh and naturally, I wanted to investigate." She explained, grinning at him.

"Uh, sounds familiar?" She said questioningly, adding an awkward kind of laugh in at the end there. "Well, Lennox is a pretty common surname so there's no doubt that there's at least 5 other people at camp with the same last name." She said, brushing back her hair. Squinting a little into the distance, she watched as a few other campers splashed into the lake before returning her focus to Finn. "Sounds good, Finn. You can call me Val if you want, I guess, but most people just call me Valora."

and you dare to call me unwomanly? you can bet that I will never make you a damn sandwich
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]   Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ] I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 4:32 pm

finlay roberts
the toleration

"No, no, I think I'll call you Lora." He laughed slightly, and shot a glance at the small orange fish that was doing somersaults in the air. "Show-off," he muttered, and looked back to Valora. "Anyway, I'm just kidding, really. I'll simply call you Valora." Finlay fiddled with his hands for a moment, unsure of what to do. Looking up, he smiled slightly. "That cloud looks like a rhinoceros." He pointed upwards, and chuckled at the odd formation of particles. "Anyway, I called him Posh because my dad used to say that he acted ridiculous. Pish posh, he called it..."

"Enough about me, though, who's your god parent?" He smiled at her, waiting for a reply. Shifting his weight over to his left leg, he stared at the other side of the lake, and watched a few kids socialize and talk with others. Sitting down the fishbowl he was still clutching in his left hand, he looked towards Valora once more. "Mine it Leucothea," he added, and looked away sheepishly. It wasn't as if she was a well-known god, and most people had no idea who she was.

"She's a goddess who helps out sailors in need," he explained, and continued to look around uncomfortably. Finlay was all too much used to the sudden awkwardness that came when he told who his immortal parent was. Glances were always shot towards him, as if asking the same thing everyone else did. Who is she? I've never heard of her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]   Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ] I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Valora Lennox

Shaking her head, Valora laughed. "I don't think I would have ever spoken to you if you called me Lora." She told him, grinning. Electric blue eyes trailing to the cloud that Fin had pointed at, Valora chewed on her thumb nail and stared at the cloud before looking back at Fin. "Well, would you look at that, it actually does." She said, slightly awed.

Shifting her weight from her left foot to her right, she knitted her eyebrows together and focused on the ground for a moment. ".. My god parent?" She repeated in a thoughtful and quizzical way, chewing on her inner cheek. Valora tended to avoid telling people about her father out of habit. It wasn't that she was hiding it or that she was ashamed or anything, it was just that if she told them that first, they tended to judge her before even speaking to her. Honestly! It was the most unfair thing!

Realizing that she hadn't answered him yet, she snapped back into it and apologized. "Sorry, got lost in thought. Anyways, my dad's known as Ares. Don't worry, I won't beat you up or anything." She said, the last sentences light but hinting bitter undertones. She brightened up immediately however and laughed.

"That's nice of her! You're lucky you have a mom like her. Some of the gods can be pretty..." She searched through her head for a word to describe what she was thinking. "Unpleasant." She finished.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]   Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two of a kind... [ LIKE, PRIVATE, YO! ]
Page 1 of 1