Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SpySkater

SpySkater

Location : The labyrinth of my imagination... Wanna take a look?

Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:44 pm

"Well then, that's when you pull out the big guns," Lysander said with a smile. "But bullets do pierce better. I guess it depends on if you wanna go for the kill or keep the enemy around for questioning."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Samuel considered this. Bullets were very deadly-even arm and leg shots sometimes left debilitating or fatal flesh trauma.
"Perhaps. But in any case, we need to start issuing guns to anybody here over 15."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:21 pm

"Are we including fifteen year-olds or only those older than them? I'm not sure I'd trust those kids with a gun. I don't care if that's how old they were when they went to war in the first World War," Lysander said. He remembered what he'd been like as a preteen with a gun in his hand. It'd all been fun and games to him. It hadn't seemed like a dangerous weapon then.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:11 pm

"And there lies the second fundamental problem with this whole camp," Samuel said. "Discipline. You're completely right-most of the guys here are just kids. Some of them are irresponsible and cocky, and too many of them live and die with their social statuses. But even if we could whip the attitude out of 'em, get 'em to be more mature, it won't change the fact that they are just kids and will never be as ready for bloodshed as trained soldiers. Granted, there are a few who are at least competent, but enough to win a war?" He let that hang in the air.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:56 pm

"They seem to be doing well with a blade and arrow," Lysander said with a shrug, giving the younger kids some credit. He was one of the older kids in camp he had noticed. He was turning fifteen in a few months, but most kids were brought to Camp Half-Blood at young ages. Their mortal parents had passed them off out of love after being advised by their god parents. Lysander's mother had waited fifteen years, not wanting to lose her precious kids who were permanent reminders of her love of Apollo.

But could a war be fought by a group of preteens and a few teenagers? Some of the cabin leaders were even younger than him, not even thirteen yet. Could they handle being commanders on a battlefield? Lysander was trained for such things.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 pm

"The first keyword is seem to. Just because you can spar or shoot targets doesn't mean you can handle real combat," Samuel said rather harshly. "The second keyword is blade and arrow. Like I said, that may not be enough, especially against the larger monsters. Quite frankly, we need more like you--guys that have come from disciplined, mature settings and have received military training."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:57 pm

"I doubt you'll find many here. Most of the kids grew up here. But yo, if we started training them correctly, taught them discipline, what to expect in combat, stuff like that, we could prepare them. I mean, Chiron never said we couldn't. It's not a camp rule," Lysander suggested. Lysander, as much as he'd hated military school, had been one of the top cadets, known for his obedience, rigidity, and accuracy. He was a fierce fighter and soldier.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 am

"My thoughts exactly," said Samuel. "But I think we should pitch it to Chiron and camp administration first. The process will be a lot more effective and well-rounded if we had their support. On the other hand, if we didn't ask, some people might whine to 'em, saying we're no fun and being too rough. They may not listen to us, but they ought to listen to Chiron."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:01 am

Lysander groaned and shrugged. He liked the idea of proving himself as a leader. Taking the initiative. Sure, telling Chiron would be taking the initiative, but certainly not in the same way.
"I guess. But having kids whine would certainly weed out the bad apples, the ones who can't take the heat."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:28 am

"What if they're not whining because they can't take the heat?" Samuel asked. "What if they just don't want to? I know there are a group of people here who can turn into deadly fighters and valuable soldiers, but they're too lazy, ignorant or preoccupied to do so. And when they slack off, they'll provide a bad example for everyone else. Who do you think is more popular to the campers--a new son of Apollo and a Hades guy or their friends? We need administrative support, if only to make sure we can keep enough people in the training regimen."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 pm

"Good point. New guy and son of Hades does not sound very respectable, nor reputable." He sighed. He hated admitting that what he wanted wasn't necessarily right. It was always a blow to his ego and, as a son of Apollo, that wasn't good. "Fine, we tell Chiron. But we may need more than the two of us to convince him. We'll need more campers who are already willing. We definitely need Hephaestus kids in order to build and provide the guns. You can't train if you're ill-equipped."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

"Don't worry about that," Samuel said. "I know a few guys around here who can help that cause. Brandon Mathias, son of Ares, comes from a military family and he knows his way around guns and discipline. Chris Talbot, your half-brother, is a great shot and trains with a bolt-action hunting rifle as much as his bow. Then there's Magnus Starkweather, son of Zeus. His mom is the Secretary of Defense, and chairman of a private military company, so he's practically a rich Navy SEAL. All of these guys would sure as hell support this cause--I'll bet Magnus and Brandon would come up with something on their own if we didn't."
Back to top Go down
Autumncat18

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 pm

"Whoa, these aren't like any buildings I've seen before." The voice seemed to come out of nowhere, like the wind carried it. A young girl, around 13 was walking around. She didn't seem like a camper there, since she wasn't wearing an orange t-shirt. Instead, her t-shirt was blue, torn and dirty, the same as her tan pants. She was barefoot, and her brown hair was mangled and matted, making it hard to see her face. She stopped, crossed her arms and huffed angrily. "I better find what I'm lookin' for here."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Lysander paused, although he'd been about to reply to Samuel, looking at the girl. He cocked his head to the left, noting her dirty, ragged clothing. She didn't seem like a camper around here. Well, unless she'd just climbed the rock wall. That would be understandable.
"Looking for something, kid?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2