Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] Empty
PostSubject: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Samuel Anders had two modes. While in combat, he was a berserker, treating dummies like monsters as he lashed out with immense speed and ferocity. When he was not in battle or sparring, he was a lot quieter, but not in a shy manner. Samuel was the dangerous, brooding lone gunslinger in the corner sizing up everyone he saw. And this was exactly what he was doing now, standing at the edge of the courtyard in a dusty black trench coat, dark pants and combat boots. He registered the presence of everyone that came and went, studying them with his dark brown eyes. Some seemed intimidated by his glance. Or maybe his being a son of Hades made them uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

Location : The labyrinth of my imagination... Wanna take a look?

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Lysander exited the Apollo cabin, lifting his arms to their fullest extent to stretch. He'd been claimed by his father a few days earlier and it felt great to know he belonged somewhere. Not that he hadn't liked being the Hermes Cabin. The kids there were fun. He just got irritated with the crowd. Apollo's cabin wasn't much better. It was the second largest cabin in the camp. His father was a bit of a manwhore, he'd discovered. Or maybe the proper term was godwhore? Either way, he'd gotten around. That was for certain.

Lysander was in his hooded military jacket, finding it very fitting to wear for combat training. He'd been in military school for three years after all. His jeans were loose so he could run easier. His mom had made sure to pack only his comfortable clothing which he was actually thankful for. His bow was strung and hung on his shoulder while a quiver of arrows was strapped to his torso. Being a son of Apollo, he was naturally talented at archery.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Samuel's eyes settled on Lysander. The guy was wearing a combat jacket and a bow and arrows in plain view. But that wasn't the only indicator he was an experienced fighter. His stance, the way he moved resembled Samuel's own posture and gait.
Someone who knows what he's doing in a fight, the son of Hades thought.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:13 am

Lysander still had the posture and walk of a soldier. It wasn't a habit easily broken just like any other habit. His body was always straight and he walked almost as if in a march. If he hadn't come out of the Apollo Cabin, some people might have sworn he was a son of Ares, which quite frankly would insult him. He disliked their attitudes and temperaments. And even though he'd attended a military academy, he hated the idea of war. He was still an obvious liberal artist.

Passing by Samuel, he gave the young man a simple "Hey." Lysander was on his way to the archery range. It almost reminded him of going to the shooting range. As much as he hated war, he had enjoyed the feeling of a rifle in his hand. There was something about it that made him feel powerful.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 am

Samuel nodded back. After a few moments, he decided to follow Lysander.
Guy looks like he's going to spar, or shoot. I should be doing that too. So he set off behind the Apollo boy, not close enough to make him feel threatened, but not far enough to lose him. Years of parkour and living on the streets had taught Samuel how to do these things.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Lysander pulled an arrow from his quiver without looking. He ruffled the feather on the end of it before placing the arrow between his fingers. He began to twirl it like a drumstick. It was a way to keep his fingers busy. Like any other half-blood, he had ADHD and was always prepared for battle for that reason. Staying still for the campers had to have been a talent and one hard to come by.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Samuel took several brisk strides and was soon at Lysander's side.
"Arrow's not bad. Can you use it?" he asked. The guy seemed skilled, Samuel's interest was to find out how skilled.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:18 am

Lysander stopped twirling immediately. He looked over at Samuel, shocked to find him there. But Lysander was not a shy person, so talking was a strong suit especially when someone else initiated the conversation. He began moving the arrow between his fingers again with ease.
"Child of Apollo. My father's favorite weapon. Natural skill," he answered with an arrogant smile. Lysander received his egotistical attitude from his father. He hadn't met the god to find that out, yet. "What about you? Whose kid are you?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:00 am

Skill plus ego. Very typical, Samuel thought as he answered. "Hades. Haven't found a reason to mess with dead souls, yet. And personally, I'm wondering why the camp doesn't crank out more guns with celestial bronze rounds like these." He briefly opened his trench coat to reveal his shoulder holsters, each carrying a modified Beretta 92 pistol.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:49 am

The first thought that came to mind was the bullet that hung around Lysander's neck. He glanced down at the charm, a reminder of the attempt to take his life so he would never arrive here, never learn who he was. He looked at the boys, hearing the ruffle of his coat and noted the two guns. He could easily identify them as Beretta 92 pistols, but they were obviously modified for celestial bronze bullets. He smiled.

"Sweet. They should think about it. Those creatures are getting smarter. Or whatever's leading them is." He pulled the charm from under his shoot, showing off the celestial bronze bullet that had struck his shoulder and left a scar. "Got hit with this in May. Shot from a normal military-designated rifle. Didn't know what it was at first."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Samuel studied the round for a second. "Looks like a 5.56 millimetre round. You're right, it could come from any number of rifle models. The last thing we need is for the camp to get all oldschool and conservative when it comes to weapons, only to find some of our enemies are actually using guns."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Lysander chuckled.
"Yeah. I think these hurt more than normal bullets, too. Definitely more damage. I mean, they're supposed to kill monsters. And sure, half of us aren't biologically human, but what about the other half that is? The half that's mortal? We can barely take a normal bullet, let alone one regulated for monsters." He brought the arrow down by his hip, but kept twirling.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Samuel grunted. "It's called a bulletproof vest. Another thing the camp could use. Lighter than bronze plates, but they'll stop blades and arrows cold no matter what. And they'll protect against bullets to some extent."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 pm

"Too bad we don't wear those in military school. Coulda helped me out. I still don't know who shot me." Lysander paused. He knew it was a long shot to find the person, the creature. There were so many species out there now that he was knowledgeable of the reality of Greek myth. "I'm going to find who did it." Lysander could be a very vengeful person if the action was big enough.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 pm

"Good luck with that, you'll need it," Samuel said. "You won't exactly be able to track bullet casings or fingerprints in this case. But in any case, this might be something to tell Chiron and administration. An enemy of demigods that uses firearms? This is important."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Lysander looked at Samuel. This was a personal vendetta to him. He wanted to handle this himself. Take on whatever creature had tried to take him out and then kill the one who had tried to kill his sister while she was in Paris. And it had all happened on one day, meaning it was a planned hit. He wasn't sure he wanted to tell administrators.
"I'll think about it."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:14 pm

"Do that," Samuel said, although he could sense reluctance in Lysander's voice. "But it would be in your best interest to inform Chiron. He might be able to find out something about this."
And if you won't, I will. I'll not let your ego withhold valuable intel from the camp.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 pm

I truged out of the Hecate cabin.I was pissed and felt like shooting something.As I headed toward the shooting range I loaded my shotgun with a round of celestial bronze bullets that would explode on impact.I had made them myself with magic.I was in the mood to make some damage.I could still hear my sisters annoying voice.'Magicians dont need guns.'.It had tacken five of my siblings to stop me from attacking her.I smiled a develish smile as I remembered the black eye I gave her.Oh well.Back to the bacement.I was so consumed in my own thoughts I bumped into someone.I recognized him.He was samuel from the Hades cabin."Sorry."I said.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Lysander looked at Samuel and nodded, but he was still utterly reluctant. He was truly his father's son, highly egotistical. Hearing someone apologize, he glanced behind Samuel. He noticed the girl who had bumped into him. He didn't recognize her, but he was still pretty new to the camp. He didn't respond, though, feeling this was Samuel's situation to handle how he pleased. It would be rude to interrupt.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Samuel glanced at Minerva. "Just keep your head up," he said simply. His attention was still many on Lysander. If he were to place bets, the son of Apollo would not tell Chiron. Samuel resolved to do so in a few days.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:05 pm

"But I agree with you on updating our weaponry. It might give us the upper hand. Whoever shot me with the gun probably just shot it, because it was a military school. It was the closest thing and most natural weapon. They probably did some research on me to make the bullet."
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:22 pm

"Will do."I walked around him."Some of us have tacken the weapon updating into our own hands."I said overhearing their conversation.I charged my shotgun and continued to head for the shooting range.I had to get out of here before I turned someone into a cat.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:55 pm

"Well, glad to see there are more than five people here who have started modernizing," Samuel said. "Man, if you went to military school you should have an assault rifle in your hands. Not a bow."
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:56 pm

"I don't mind a bow. I'm just as accurate and lethal," he said, pulling the bow from his shoulder and pulling back the horsehair drawstring. "Bows and arrows are much stealthier. Guns can do heavier damage. Lead poisoning and all."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:33 pm

"It's called a silencer, and it silences guns," Samuel countered. "Besides, range, ammunition capacity and stopping power are a little more important than stealth during most combat situations we encounter. That is, when the monster's already seen you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]   Standing Here [Spyskater, also open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standing Here [Spyskater, also open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next