Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] Empty
PostSubject: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Carly stepped onto the cool, white sand of the beach. It was a bit cold out, but it didn't bother her much. She removed her shoes, enjoying the feeling of sand between her toes. She took one small step back before she bolted forward, plummeting into the water with a large splash. She watched the water fly up into the air, spraying in all different directions. She grinned, spinning around and letting her arms fly beside her with a sigh of contentment. She fell back into the water with another splash. She dove under, easily breathing as she usually did. It was always simple for Carly to swim...she never got wet and she could breath under water and not feel the pressure of deep depths. She resurfaced, still remaining completely dry.
Carly smiled proudly and floated on her back. She was in her normal clothes. A plain, gray fitted t-shirt and dark blue skinny jeans. She stared up at the sky happily, watching as the clouds lazily creeped across the blue sky.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Felix Haywood

"No. No, no, no, no, no. This cannot be happening to me." Felix murmured to himself, pacing through the sand, his voice breaking as he fought to keep the hysteria from colouring his tone. Who'd had thought that you'd be able to lose your camp necklace? Didn't this place have all types of campers who could perform magical voodoo so you wouldn't be able to lose the darn thing? And yet, Mr. Haywood there had managed to lose his.

Mussing his spiky, blue-black hair, he swiveled and looked around him with narrowed eyes. It wasn't in the sand around him - unless it had managed to go under - so that meant it had ended up the water. Ah, he was fighting to not despair right then. The water. How would he find it if it had ended up in the water? Clenching his fists, he spotted some girl swimming in the water and having a ball all by herself and he swallowed before approaching her. "Hi there," He said, clearing his throat when his voice cracked again. "Wouldja' mind helping me out with something?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Carly lifted her head, tilting her head. "Depends? What is it you need?" she asked curiously. Carly examined the boy curiously. He seemed nervous. But why? It was obvious Carly was anxious to find out the answer, she had always been the curious type. Carly rose to her feet, running her fingers through her still dry hair with a friendly smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:27 pm

"I... er, misplaced something." He said, laughing in a distressed way. "My camp necklace, actually. Would you mind helping me find it? It's fine if you don't want to, you're allowed to say no. I suspect that it's in the water, so some more hands would be much appreciated." Felix added, making some hand gestures as he spoke to express myself more clearly. He doubted they would really help though, they would probably just be distracting - but he couldn't really help it.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Carly held up a single, index finger. "Hold on..." she said simply. She shut her eyes, focusing intently. She walked slowly towards a nearby rock and reached into the sand. She pulled out a penny, tossing it aside. "Nope," she said. She then shut her eyes again, heading slowly towards another sense she could feel. She stuck her head under the water, rummaging through the rocks and pebbles. She came out of the water with the missing necklace and a triumphant grin. "Found it," she said proudly. "Must have washed into the water and settled under rocks and pebbles when the waves washed on the beach," she explained.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Tipping his head and watching as she walked around a little bit, Felix made a thoughtful face which quickly transformed into a wide grin when she came up with his necklace. "It's a Saturnalia miracle!" He said like a goofball, laughing and taking the necklace from her hands. "'Cept it's not really Saturnalia, but details, details. Anyhow, thank you! Is there anything I can do for you in exchange, Miss Miracle?" He asked, wondering slightly how she did such a thing but brushing off the thought. Wasn't really surprising in a place like this.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Carly thought for a moment. "You can tell me your name. I like knowing names," she said with a smile. Carly sat on a nearby rock, swinging her feet in the cool water. "And you could give me something else to find. I love finding stuff...I'm like a bloodhound without baggy skin," she explained with a small, amused laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Chuckled, Felix beamed back. "Right then, Felix Haywood, son of Demeter. Uh, go look away for a second." He said, shuffling through his pockets and finding nothing. Chewing on his lower lip, he thought for a moment before picking up the penny she had found earlier and flinging it into the water. "Alright. You have to find that penny." He said, laughing as this sort of reminded him of playing fetch with a dog or something.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Carly nodded her head with a smile. "I'm Carly, Daughter of Thaumas," she replied. She then closed her eyes for a moment before she waded farther out into the water. She dove under for a few moments, glancing around the murky water. She found the penny easily, she was looking for something better then a penny now. She smiled and swam down farther, digging through the sand like a dog looking for a bone.
Carly knew there was something here. But what was it? She continued to dig wildly and rather spastically. She pulled out a long, bronze sword. She examined it curiously with a perplexed look. Figuring out what things were had always been her father's job. She rose to the surface, swimming back towards Felix. "Here's your penny. And I found a sword...don't know who's it was though.." she explained, still staring at the old looking, worn weapon.

ooc:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:32 pm

She stayed under for a while, he kind of wondered if she drowned or something, but it didn't seem likely. She had been dry when she emerged from the water as well so she must have been like a child of Poseidon. When she came up, she was holding two things though. Raising an eyebrow and making a face at the sword, Felix wrinkled his nose before shaking his head and taking his penny from her. "I don't know what it is, sorry. Looks pretty old though, I'm kind of sorry that I don't know much about Greek mythology. That's pretty important in a camp like this one." He said, examining the sword in Carly's hands.

(( Enter Pink? Or not just yet? xD

Ragh, I'm sorry I'm not giving you much to work with. D8 ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Arynn came trudging, rather angrily, along the shore. She had come to cool off some steam which was caused by no specific reason at all. Trying to make sense of what was going on with her delusional mind, she kicked a mound of sand away from the waters. The grains flew a meter high before settling into the ground again- making it look even more uneven. You see, Arynn here wasn't really in her right mind. Everyone in camp knew she was a bit of a looney. A lunatic with quite a temper to match. No one knew of her past, because no one really seemed to care.

Heaving a deep breath and letting out a low moan, she pulled her green sweater tighter around her before proceeding to take calmer steps. The gusts of wind blew the unbraided strands of her hair, mainly her bangs, in different directions-- something that really annoyed Arynn. Well, there was obviously nothing to do so she decided to walk around aimlessly. After a few paces, she spotted two figures that looked like they were having an extremely serious conversation. It wasn't her nature to butt in, so she dismissed the sight. However, she couldn't help but take a double glance at what one of the campers- obviously a female- was holding. Even from afar, Arynn could tell it was a sword. It gleamed slightly even from this distance. What was she doing with that, at a beach among all places? Curiously, she approached the two and stopped just a few paces away from the girl.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am

Carly examined the sword curiously. "It seems to be old, very old judging by the unpolished and in cleaned metal that was used to make it. Look at all these dents and bumps in it, and the rust that runs along the blade. Why...this could go back to Greece itself! It's magnificent," she breathed excitedly. Her deep blue haze flickered upward as she heard the sounds of someone approaching. She saw a girl looking at her curiously. Carly gave a friendly smile, snapping out of archeologist mode. "Hi there," she said. She lowered the sword so the tip was facing down, that way she didn't scare her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:49 am

Watching Carly examine the sword, Felix didn't notice that someone had come up to them until Carly acknowledged the person's presence. After he snapped out of the "Whoa, when did you get here?" little trance he had been in, he grinned at the girl. It felt like he knew her or something, like he had heard of her around camp a lot or something. Whispers here and there, gossip - you know the stuff. He'd never really seen the subject of the gossip though so he couldn't really draw a conclusion so early.

"Howdy." He greeted, tossing the penny over his shoulder when he realized he was still holding it. No real reason for tossing it, he just enjoyed doing really random things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Arynn had her eyes glued on the wonderful piece of what could be history. She didn't really feel like acknowledging them and greeting them in return, but, she figured, it would be rude not to. Her gaze flickered towards the eyes of both demigods, first to the girl then to the boy. Yes, she had seen them around before. Then again, Arynn saw everyone around but never really bothered to say hello. So, despising the moment, she cleared her throat briskly before giving them a rather forced sounding "Hello" complete with a slight wave of her hand.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:40 am

Carly studied the girl curiously, following her gaze to the sword. She pursed her lips and gave a tap of her foot. "I'm going to find out who's this was," she said with a determined nod. Carly trudged forward and onto the sand, slipping her still dry feet back into her purple shoes. She looked back at Felix and the girl. "Well? I know you're both curious. Come on," she said, gesturing with her hand for them to follow. She then marched forward and towards the cabins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Well. That was odd. Felix raised an eyebrow at the greeting, sounded like she only said it because of social obligations or something. Turning to Carly, he watched for a moment as she stalked off before speaking. "What are you intending on..." He trailed off and instead followed her obediently. Grinning over his shoulder at the other girl, Felix paused and decided to wait for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:51 pm

What was the boy expecting her to do? Follow him? Arynn pursed her lips and followed with a few draggy steps. She was curios, but that didn't mean she wanted to socialize. And, besides, who would want to talk to her? "Go ahead." Her voice was rather blunt, but it carried its message along clearly. "I'll just follow." Arynn scratched the back of her neck and shrugged, shoulders sagging slightly.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:21 am

Carly continued forward a few more steps. When she didn't hear the two behind her, she looked over her shoulder to see them just...standing there. "Well? Don't you think that you were both here to see this sword for a reason? The gods always have an alterior motive for doing things, nothing is just because of a coincidence. So come on! We've got research to do," she said with a wide grin. Carly then turned once again and continued forward towards her cabin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 am

Well, she was obviously a very social person. He envied her ability to make others feel so very welcome and loved. Making a face that wasn't necessarily aimed at the girl, Felix shook his head before jogging after Carly. "Right, right, sorry. So, what do you intend on doing when you find out what this thinger right here is? Just gonna go busting down doors in hopes of whatever's worth hoping for?" He asked, grinning lopsidedly and tipping his head to one side as he kept pace with her.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Carly smiled, laughing lightly. "If I don't know what this is, then it's going to take a lot of research to figure it out. If I can't find out what it is and who it belonged to with the information I have here then I'll be leaving to find out. If I still can't find it, then I'll be going to someone who can find it," she explained.
ooc: I'll wait for Pink to post before I make a topic at the Minor gods cabin of them researching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:23 pm

(( Pink's gotten hooked on House of Night so she said she might be missing for a few days. xD ))

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:25 pm

ooc: Meh xP I don't want to just move on without her. If you see her and I'm not on, yell at her to post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:29 pm

(( Oh. I was just explaining her absence. O.O

BUT OKAY. xD ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Arynn shoulders sagged a few barely noticeable centimeters. She had to admit, the girl had spirit. It wasn't everyday you saw someone that energetic nowadays. Might as well go along with the duo. "Alright, I'm coming." As she took the first few steps of her new adventure, Arynn tried her best to erase the usual scowl stretched across her forever glum expression.

OOC: Sorry, I haven't been well recently ^^;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]   Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it just another day at the beach? [p r i v a t e]
Page 1 of 1