Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChivanChang

[P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach Empty
PostSubject: [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach   [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Lawrence shivered as the winter breeze brushed off his body. He had worn an extra layer of clothes because of winter. It was snowing, like he had expected it too. Falling aimlessly from above before it came in contact with the ground, sticking softly onto the patches of grass, slowly stacking up into bundles of thick snow. He wouldn't of minded snow too much if it were like water and didn't make him feel cold. But that obviously wasn't the case. Snow was like ice. Frozen water. A substance that had particles of water but that he - a son of Poseidon - couldn't control.

Maybe it seemed arrogant for him to think that all particles of water was under his control, but it wasn't exactly the case, it was just that he didn't want to be drenched in snow. He simply didn't like the cold. He wasn't used to it. He wasn't adapted to the sudden changes in weather. Where he was from, the sun always held high, it barely even rained. Law could remember the blazing sun overhead, enveloping the world in its warmth. But now, all he could feel was the coldness of the world. Maybe this was what it was going to become in the future.

He sighed, taking steps forward toward the beach. It had been a while since he had the time. A week, maybe? He lost count. It had been too long since he had been close with pure seawater. It calmed him, of course. Just like it would to any other of his half-brothers. Ah. Half-brothers. He had many, of course. It was unexpected. He had thought that the Big Three - Zeus, Poseidon and Hades - wouldn't have that many children. His first thought of them were... Well... Picky? They were the most powerful, after all. In the past, he had thought they sought the best, found the best, before they. Well - y'know how it works.

As he reached the frozen sand, he was greeted by the ocean breeze. It filled his lungs as he inhaled the oxygen around him. It was a great scent, it calmed every nerve in his body. It gave Lawrence the feeling of belonging somewhere. The open sea. He couldn't help but smile, walking forward, his gentle pace growing into giant steps, before he finally reached the seawater. He stepped in.

Another benefit was that he would never get wet - unless he wanted to be. Which was great. Who would want to be in drenched clothes? It wasn't comfortable. It felt weird. It smelled pretty bad too. Especially in unclean water. He could feel power surging throughout his body as the seawater traveled around the surface of his skin, though his body and clothes remained dry. It felt great. Finally being at ease, finally being, one could say, home.

His eyes looked ahead, the sun was beginning to sink slowly down the horizon.

OOC; Excuse me for rambling on . . . A lot . . . xD
And it's still pretty short. Ahh well. xP

Last edited by ChivanChang on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach   [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:24 pm

(( Most people wouldn't consider that short. xD ))

"Not gonna let the face-eating stop you from coming here, huh?" Ace asked, shoving his hands in his pockets and thinking about how he'd like some apple cider right about then, or at least, right afterwards. It was odd that he was trying to talk to someone. Funny that he found himself making conversation, but if you really thought about it and considered who he was trying to talk to, it wasn't that surprising. He didn't mind too much anyways, Lawrence was probably one of the only five people on the face of the earth who didn't grate on Ace's nerves.

Storm sky eyes flickering over to the guy before focusing on the snowflakes, he exhaled and shuffled his feet. He didn't know whether he considered Lawrence a friend or not - they had barely talked before not speaking again for at least two months. He kind of wanted to be mad, be all like, "I thought you left me here." Or something but at the same time, he didn't. Getting angry was such a waste of time and energy.

Seating himself on a (very cold) rock, Ace resisted the urge to shudder when he realized how friggin' freezing the surface of the dang thing was. Instead cursing inwardly, he glared at the water and shivered involuntarily. He could see that some parts were frozen, but not completely. Not really safe. He thought Lawrence was kind of crazy, hopping in the water when it was that cold. Then again he was a son of Poseidon so he probably didn't get the chills if they were from the water. Lucky punks, children of Poseidon. Ace was just stuck being the son of a God whose powers he couldn't master.

"It's pretty freaking cold." He grumbled, crossed his arms in a futile attempt to keep his body warm. Burrowing into his scarf, Ace's next words were muffled as he tried his best to disappear under the cloth and maintain a lovely body heat. "I don't understand how you can jump in a body of water when it's winter." He mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows and grudgingly lifting a hand to scratch his numb nose.

He should have worn gloves. The realization dawned on him and he cussed himself out for being such an idiot. Not those skimpy little gloves that did nothing to keep his hands warm, those sturdy and comfy gloves that almost made his hands sweat. That's what he should have put on before he left his cabin and trudged to the beach. He kind of wanted to bellow his frustration. Well, not really. He just wanted to say - er, think the word bellow because it was a pretty epic sounding word. Ace loved epic sounding words, he used every chance he got to use them. Another pretty awesome word was yodel. Yodeling was pretty dang cool.

Maybe he should learn to yodel.

Eh, yeah right. He would suck at yodeling. He was pretty much tone-deaf, he just belted out the lyrics if he was forced to sing. Singing was pretty fun anyways, he liked karaoke. Kind of. And singing in the shower. Actually, no, not singing in the shower. He didn't do that. Well, he did do it once - but that was only to annoy the other guys. It was extra loud. He enjoyed annoying people who annoyed him. They had it coming anyways, trying to piss him off.

But to be fair, they didn't try to piss him off half the time, they just did. He was pretty easily irritated. But they should be more... careful around him. Ace Ashfield wasn't one for tolerating stupidity from other people. Although, him forgetting to wear his gloves was perfectly excusable. Yeah right. He chortled silently at the thought and rolled his eyes. His mind wandered so easily, what had he even been thinking about to start with? Looking back at Lawrence, he raised his eyebrows expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach   [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:05 pm

~Is Ace gay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach   [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:12 am

(( LOLOLOLOL, DID I MAKE HIM SEEM GAY? Sorry about that, he's not supposed to be that way. xD

No, Ace actually isn't really attracted to anyone. He's supposed to be asexual somewhat. ))
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach   [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:23 pm

~Ok, then. O.o
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang

PostSubject: Re: [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach   [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:16 pm

((Yeah well... I'm not most people! xD))

Lawrence shrugged at Ace's comment. It was odd. He had only spoken with Ace briefly two months back. Sure, they may of exchanged greetings in between that time, but now, here they were again - having a mild conversation. It surprised Lawrence too, he himself wasn't one to have many friends, maybe it was just his coldness toward others. But Ace was someone alike himself, in Lawrence's opinion. Not necessarily friendly, but he wasn't all that bad. To Lawrence, Ace was probably one of the only people in the camp he'd speak to - at all.

He sighed. What had happened two months ago? He remembered falling asleep, or was it that he left Ace with the other two girls whose name he couldn't remember. Was one of them Autumn? Damn. His memory was failing him. Maybe they haven't had much of an impact on their first impression. To be honest, he only took an interest in Ace. Maybe it was because he was a child of a Big Three, or was it that Ace was alike himself? He wasn't sure. Life sure was confusing.

Lawrence spun his body around slowly, facing Ace just as he sat down on the rock. Was he crazy? The rock's surface is bound to be freezing. He sighed, why should he worry. Ace was a child of Hades, he'd know better. Or at least that's what Lawrence thought. He was quite warm himself, the seawater that rolled lightly around him gave him a sense of warmth. It was a great benefit of being Poseidon's son, in his opinion.

Lawrence couldn't help but smile as Ace complained about the cold weather. He nodded lightly, before replying. "Well, it's just a benefit of being Poseidon's child." He paused for a moment, thinking of something smart to say before speaking again. "Hey Ace, you know... Maybe if you stood in the dark, you'd be warm too." He laughed as he teased Ace over his heritage. It was time to loosen up, even if it wasn't exactly his personality.

Lawrence sighed. Pretty soon he'd have to leave the beach. Curfew. Funny how they made you sleep early, despite the fact that half the camp were grown up and in their late teens. What was the point? It was pretty stupid in his opinion. And plus, he'd be stuck in the cold too, once the body of water was out of physical reach. Ah well, if Ace could survive in the cold - Lawrence was sure he could too. How bad can it be?

He regret his words as soon as he stepped out of the water. Damn. Ace was right. It is pretty damn cold. The surface of his skin tingled, his body was shivering. "You know what... I hate it when you're right." He muttered in complaint. It sounded stupid, blaming Ace simply for being correct about the coldness. But heck, who cares? It was too late now anyway, the words had already left his lips. Plus, Ace was one of the only people in the whole camp he spoke to, maybe it was time for a change.

His thoughts lingered on the countless amount of Demigods, having fun on the beach with each other. Relationships. Hugging. Kissing. The usual lot. He shivered in disgust. On second thoughts, maybe he should just choose his friends carefully, like he had done so now. But sometimes, Lawrence just wanted to fit in. It was strange, at least to Lawrence it was. After all, he had grown to be dependent on others, but the opposite seemed to have occurred. He disliked being spoiled, like back at home.

Back on track, Lawrence wanted friends. Friends that can support him. Friends he can rely on. He was sure there's plenty of campers that wouldn't mind being on friendly terms. Thing was - they were overly friendly. If that made sense. The way they act, the way they speak to Lawrence, they tended to be to be too close. Something that Lawrence disliked. He wish he could change, to be like every other camper in Camp Half-Blood, but it was too late now. He was stuck the way he is.

Alone.

Lawrence sighed, his eyes wandered toward Ace. His eyebrows were raised, looking straight toward Lawrence. What was he meant to say? Hi? How are you? Damn. He'd better think of something to say - and fast. "Well... How have you been anyway... Sorry about last time, I dozed off." He spoke aloud, his voice was clear. A good start, he supposed. He hadn't expected to speak to Ace after what happened at Thalia's Pine. Maybe he was expecting more of an aggressive Hades' child raging because they lost contact. But then again, nothing ever happened the way he thought of it.

Plus, Ace was different. Just like Lawrence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach   [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

(( BRACE YOURSELVES FOR A hopefully MANLIER ACE. ))

Narrowing his eyes, Ace shook his head and grinned grudgingly. "Yeah, haha, very funny. Make fun of the Hades kid." He said, snorting briefly before regaining composure. Wow, one meeting with Roxanne and he had started to snort. That was horrible, she was a bad influence. Then again, Ace himself wasn't exactly considered the perfect role model, but whatever. Anyways, it was his fault for approaching and talking to her. And then they had become best friends in five minutes. That was pretty quick in his book. Then again, they didn't really bond or anything, all it took was for her to announce that he was her new best friend. As easy as that.

Laughing silently when Lawrence stepped out of the water and was wracked by shivers, Ace had this smug smirk on his face. "Yeah, I hate saying I told you so, but... I told you so." He responded, pausing to sneeze into his hands. "Augh, I hate sneezes." He stated, glaring at the churning waves in a sudden gust of wind. Huh, so it was possible to be even colder. That was pretty cool, but at the same time, it sucked. Just waiting out the series of blowing wind, Ace tried to keep himself warm and failed totally.

Oh, was Lawrence actually apologizing for sleeping? Ace didn't even remember how that meeting had ended. He remembered trudging back to his cabin, but he wasn't sure what had happened to the others. Had he even looked back as he walked away from the pine? He doubted it. Ace didn't look back to make sure of others, especially when he was tired. It was just... He found that he was even lazier than normal when he was tired - understandably of course, but he was usually tired so he was lazy half the time. Laziness wasn't as sweet as some people made it out to be. You had people shouting at you left and right, and ugh. He could probably be less lazy if he tried, but yeah, can you guess his answer? Too lazy to try.

"Hey, no need to apologize. Did you even fall asleep? I didn't notice." Ace replied, laughing a little bit. "Anyways, I've been good. Same old, same old. Although, it's been pretty hectic around camp lately, so I've been training more lately. You?" He asked, looking at Lawrence.

(( Oh my, shorter post, but I don't want to hold this up any longer. I might edit and add more. xD ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach   [P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[P R I V A T E] Ah, the Beach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: