Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  Empty
PostSubject: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Catherine dipped her aching feet into the cool waters of the lake. The sun was blaring hot this afternoon, and both her feet had developed blisters after training with her tight converse. Honestly, she didn't know why she wore them at all. They were several years old and had served their purpose excellently. She shut her eyes tightly, wincing at the pain before letting out an exasperated sigh. Everything was just so strange now. Somehow, she felt incomplete, in a certain sense. Maybe it was because she longed for his company. Or perhaps not. The last time they had met in the courtyard, the air became awkward and suspenseful. Landan confused her, and yet she missed him a tad bit. Shrugging the thought away, Catherine opened her eyes and allowed the heat of the sun soak her whole body; the prickles in her skin were an odd sensation in cold months like these. The sun was hot, and the wind was cold. Total opposites. Catherine bit her lip and tried not to allow herself to think of him, or even wonder where he is now.

OOC: I fail with starting posts... xD
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:23 am

Matzie resurfaced from the slightly cool water. He ran his hands through his wet, brown hair and walked to the shore. He had been so lonely lately...even Lyon couldn't cheer him up. His dog padded to his side, letting out a small whimper as he saw his partner's sadness. Matzie smiled faintly, patting Lyon's head. "I'm okay, Lyon..." he mumbled, although it was obviously a lie. He wasn't okay and he wouldn't be until...
Matzie shook his head. 'No...thinking about her will only make it worse..' he thought. Letting out a sigh, he grabbed his towel and dried himself off. He grabbed his bag that had his regular clothes in it and started forward absent mindedly. Lyon bounced around him, barking and yapping to try and cheer Matzie up.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:05 am

Catherine stared at the German Shepherd that had just passed. Impossible, it just couldn't be... With a wince, she willed herself to stand to get a better view of things. Without putting her converse on, she limped towards the direction Lyon- if that was Lyon- padded over to. After a few more painful strides, Catherine stopped and watched as the dog greeted a boy with brown hair. That was unmistakably him. What was she going to do? Walk over and say hello? Well, scratch that. It's more like limp over. "Landan" she whispered, her voice cracked right after. Swallowing hard, Catherine shouted his name again, this time with a bit more effort. "Landan!" Her palms got all sweaty, and her heart was beating a mile a minute. What was she doing?
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:15 am

Matzie lifted his head as he heard his voice being called. 'I know that voice..' he thought with a rather hopeful tone. His brown gaze followed the sound to see her. Catherine. He smiled widely, watching Lyon ra e over to greet his long lost, human friend. Matzie started to walk towards her, but it soon turned into a jog since he couldn't seem to get there fast enough. In his mind, he just kept repeating her name over and over. It had been quite a while since they'd spoken. He'd seen her around, but made a point to make himself remain unseen. He didn't want things to be awkward, but he couldn't bare never seeing her beautiful face. "H-Hi," he squeaked. Hastily clearing his throat, he corrected his embarassing faux pas. "Hey," he repeated in a purposefully deeper voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:26 am

"Nice vocal range you got there," Catherine said, unable to meet his gaze. It had been quite a while since she last saw him. She wondered what the exact reason of their awkwardness was. Bending down, with a slight wince, Catherine greeted her canine pal. "Hey boy! I missed you. Where have you been?" She teased Lyon, kissing the top of his head before summoning enough courage to look Landan in the eye. The moment her eyes met his, it felt as if she had been knocked out of breath. Sure, this wasn't the first time. But this was the first time Catherine was this close to him in a long, long time. "What about you? Where have you been?" Her tone grew serious, and awfully quiet. She needed to know. Catherine had missed him terribly. "I haven't seen you in ages." She said with a small smile before ruffling his wet brown hair.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:41 am

Matzie bit his lip. How was he supposed to answer that? He couldn't just say that he'd been avoiding her... Rubbing the back of his neck he gave a sheepish smile. "I've been really busy in the forges. Lots of orders for weapons coming in lately.." he replied. Letting his hands drop to his sides he smiled warmly. "I've really missed you too, Catherine," he said. He just loved saying her name...there was just something about it that always caused a warm feeling to spread throughout his body. Lyon let out a string of happy barks. It was obvious he was thrilled since he was beside two of his favorite people. There was also that one girl from the Athena cabin that always gave him a large amount of food. He liked her too.
Matzie looked over at his giddy dog and smiled, ruffling Lyon's thick fur with a light chuckle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:50 am

Catherine wanted to answer something along the lines, 'Not as much as I've missed you'. But, realizing the stupidity of the answer, she shook the thought away. You couldn't measure how much you missed someone. You couldn't measure absence. It's always just there, an unmeasurable and empty void that needs filling. Catherine caught his gaze again, his brown eyes always seemed to melt her deep inside. Like the affect a candle has on wax. Whenever she was with him, butterflies flew in her stomach and her knees buckled and weakened. She cleared her throat abruptly and looked at Lyon, who was barking happily. Crazy happily. This dog never ceases to brighten Catherine's day. "I'm sorry, boy. I have no food right now. I'll have to stop by the cabin later to get you more Cheerios." She said with a warm, content smile as she patted the top of his furry head.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:59 am

Matzie laughed, shaking his head. "Like he needs the food. He ate my entire bag of chips tgi morning," he said. "They were my favorite too...Sour cream and Onion," he said, glaring at Lyon. The dog tilte his head as though he had no idea what he did wrong. Matzie shook his head and turned to Catherine. "You...you wanna go for a swim?" he asked, gesturing to the water. He himself was still in his swim trunks from his previous time in the water. His tanned skin was still slightly wet as well, but it didn't bother him. Matzie was always overly warm, so the cool breeze on his bare, wet upper half felt refreshing. Without waiting for a response for either of them, Lyon bounded happily into the water with a loud splash. He snapped at fish that was far too fast for him to catch, but the dog had persistance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:09 am

Catherine laughed as she watched Lyon jump into the water with a large splash. Sighing, she told Landan, "I'm sorry. I can't...My feet are a bit blistered. And they hurt a lot..." Her voice trailed off as she took a moment to think. An experience like this could would take a long time to reiterate itself, it would be a while till someone would ask her to go for a swim with them. Catherine tried her best for a warm smile. "But, if it's for you and Lyon... I guess I can go." With that, she half limped and half ran to the cold water, jumped and tucked her knees in for a cannon ball 'dive'. Her clothes were weighing her down but that didn't matter. Catherine resurfaced and gestured for Landan to follow with a small wave. "Come on! Or are you too chicken to jump?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:21 am

Matzie frowned as he watched get limp. He obviously wasn't pleased with the fact that she was injured. However, he couldn't help the grin that stretched across his face as he watched her jump into the water. Hearing her challenge he laughed and ran towards the water, jumping in with a loud splash. Because of his naturally warm body temperature, the water around Matzie was quickly warming up to a nice temperature.
Matzie grinned and scooped Catherine up in his arms. "This way your feet don't get hurt from the rocks," he said. The floor of the lake wasn't all sand, there were a few unconfortable pebbles sprinkled throughout the bottom. 'And this way I get to hold you..' he added silently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:32 am

Catherine could feel herself grow hotter as tingles ran through her body, like small jolts of electricity. She was sure that the heat didn't just come from Landan. It was from her- what was it called? Embarrassment? No. Well, whatever it was, she owed him a thank you. Catherine kissed the top of Landan's head, just a slight touch that probably was barely even felt. "Thanks. For everything, and for making the lake a jacuzzi." Catherine laughed and pointed at the bubbles that started forming and popping around him. "You really are hot. Literally."

OOC: Brb really, really quick xD
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:44 am

Matzie glanced at the bubbles and smiled sheepishly. "It's a Hephaestus thing..." he sad, shrugging his shoulders. He still held onto her tightly, as though he'd never let her go. He looked down at her and his heart began to race with nervousness, but he knew he had to do it. "Catherine...I've been thinking. Things have been...awkward between us. At least I think they have. And.." his voice trailed off as Lyon spalshed by chasing after a fish. "And I've been trying to come up with a solution. But...over weeks of trying to think of something, I keep coming back to just two options..." he said, pausing a moment to wait for her response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:59 am

Catherine examined Landan intently. He looked like it was the end of the world, all serious and a tad bit frightened. Trying her best not to tell him how funny he looks, she said, "Okay, Einstein. Tell me your two theories." She went back to watching him intently. The suspense was killing her. Not even Lyon's splashing could distract her from waiting for the response. Catherine Heartnet needed to know the solutions Landan had, so to speak. "Come on.." Her voice trailed off as she looked around warily before biting her lower lip.

OOC: Sorry, just came back xD Fail post
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:07 am

Matzie nodded his head slowly. "Well...the first one is that we just...avoid each other. We stay away, endure occasional awkwardness when we'll bump into each other. But basically we stop seeing one another all together. I'm not as fond of that one...." he said. Without waiting for a response, he continued. "Tge second option is that we do the exact oppsite of the first to overcome the awkwardness completely. And the best way I can think of us to do that is to..." his voice trailed off as he averted his gaze. His cheeks were flushed a bright shade of scarlet. "Is to date," he finished. "If we go out and...kind of confront the awkwardness head on then it might go away," he added, quietly clearing his throat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:18 am

"This is a really creative way of asking me out." Catherine chimed. She caught his brown gaze and looked at him, not willing to let him out of her sight. "Well, then, I accept. I'd love to go out with you, Landan Matzie." With that, she pulled him closer for a hug. Another dose of a dozen electrical currents ran through her, like lightning bolts without thunder or rain. Catherine turned her head abruptly and called out to Lyon. "Come here, Lyon." She shot Landan a mischievous look before placing all her attention back on the canine who was paddling about happily. "Lyon, I want you to tell me how many times Landan has been practicing this." She laughed then nudged Landan apologetically "I'm kidding," Clearing her throat, she added, "So, what's the plan?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:25 am

Matize tilted his head. "Actually...I was being completely serious. I really think it will solve rue awkwardness," he explained. However, Matzie had a wide grin on his face that screamed the phrase she said yes. Matzie gently cupped her face in his large hand, gently caressing her cheek with his thumb. "I was thinking...I'd cook you dinner. But you'd have to keep a certain doggy disaster occupied.." he said, his brown gaze flickering over to Lyon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:33 am

"You can cook?" Catherine asked in pure curiosity, trying to imagine Landan in an apron and holding a spatula. In fairness, it did look somewhat good on him. Actually, yes, it suited him. Catherine let out a peel of laughter before refocusing on the conversation. "No problem. I'll keep him occupied...with food." She winked at Landan before kissing his cheek. "Well, I think I should get dressed now." Catherine suggested, squirming a bit in his strong hold. "Can't have dinner soaking wet, can we?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Matzie was reluctant to loosen his grip, but did. He smiled faintly. "No...you might drip on the food," he said with a content sigh. He felt as though he was floating, like he had reached cloud nine and soared beyond to the heavens above. He felt as though that if he picked his feet off of the ground he'd float away, and it was a sensation that he quite enjoyed having.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:59 pm

OOC: New topic xD ?
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:46 pm

ooc: Sure ^^ I'll make it the...mess hall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:41 am

OOC: Yep, yep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]    The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Awkwardness Starts Again [p r i v a t e]
Page 1 of 1