Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

One of these things is not like the others... (open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

One of these things is not like the others... (open) Empty
PostSubject: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:38 am

Being sent here to this stupid camp was probably the worst mistake my father could have ever made. Now when I come back, I'm going to kick some serious butt. It was no secret that I didn't like my father, I kinda show it off like I won the freaking Olympics. Yeah sure, he's a big time record producer, so what? That doesn't mean he can't squeeze in some time for his daughter that is about go off into college soon. He's missing out.

I was standing in front of Cabin 10 for a while now. Probably for about 20 minutes. I just couldn't find the nerve, or reason to go inside there. I studied Greek Mythology back in school and I read all about Miss Aphrodite. Or should I say 'Mommy'. Goddess of love and beauty and all that jazz. Two things that really didn't apply to me. I'm not saying that I'm not pretty. I'm actually gorgeous... if you wipe off all the black eyeliner that's been taking over my eyes. And if I brushed my hair, and if I actually tried dressing in the morning. I mean look at me, I'm wearing a ripped Beatles tee, ripped skinny jeans, and my city worn Converse. And I'm not saying that I don't love, I just don't love easily. I'm pretty complicated.

I finally gathered up the hutzpah to walk in. One foot in front of the other keeping my eyes on the ground. Don't. Look. Up.

My eyes deceived me, all I see are a bunch of gorgeous girls in front of their vanities.

"Oh boy," Was I in for it.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 pm

Angelica noticed a girl enter the cabin. She seemed new, and like she didn't want to be here. Lately, Chiron has been recruiting extra demigods. That just meant more work for Angel. Smile and wave. Was what was keeping Angelica from not breaking down. Listening to herself, Angelica smiled... and waved.

She walked towards the new girl. Angel studied her as she approached the girl. The cabin leader noted some things about this girl. Doesn't look to happy to be a daughter of Aphrodite. Pretty, but tried to hide it. Angelica assumed as she reached around a foot way from the girl.

"Heya!" Angelica greeted, putting on a fake smile. It was getting hard to daily greet people, especially if they're all children from Aphrodite. Maybe this girl wouldn't be too into the perfume smell. Different. Angelica liked different new comers. Maybe this girl would get along with Angelica's ways of running the cabin. Ya know? More reading, less slutty.

Hopefully, she would.

"I'm Angelica, cabin leader!" introducing herself, Angelica let her hand out. A good handshake is friendly!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:40 pm

I spot a new girl as she enters the cabin. And boy she did not look like she wanted to be there. My exact thoughts when I had just arrived. I figured she could use some sympathy, I quickly walked over to her as Angel did the same.
"Hey." I greeted her, my liquid eyes shining brightly. I nodded towards her bag she carried. "Need a hand?"
She seemed similar to me, someone different, a child of Aphrodite who really wasn't into all the beauty and glamour; the clothes and all that jazz.

I nodded towards Angel as I saw her as well. "Hey," I whisper when she reaches audible distance. "What have you judged from her so far, oh cabin leader?" I joke imploringly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:09 am

I angrily glare at the peppy somewhat-like cheerleader who was politely introducing herself. My eyes making their way down to her hands. Um, I don't do handshakes. I was never the friendly type, nor the polite type, and I wasn't going to start now. Being surrounded by all these, these, these prisses that spent ninety-five percent of their day in front of their mirror made me furious. I was never going to fit in here, not in my own comfortable space.

"I'm Val," I state firmly, crossing my arms in front of my chest, raising an eyebrow to let her know that I wasn't going to shake her hand. I slip off my black Jansport backpack, which was the only luggage I have right now. The rest was supposedly going to come in a couple of weeks. 'Daddy' wanted to make sure that I had all I needed. When he doesn't really know what I want. I bet he packed me dresses, heels, make-up, all the things I bet he wished I wore on a daily basis.

While in my backpack, I had my skinny jeans, my silicone wristbands, my black eyeliner, and band tees. Bands which my father produced and recorded with. They were all actually really good. My father wants me to record with them, because apparently, I had a good voice too. But I never do what my father wants, even though if its what I myself. Provoking my father was my main priority. He asked me to behave at this camp and not to get in trouble. Though, it would be the best benefit to behave, I won't. I'll do my best to get kicked out of here.

I kept a strap of my backpack in my left hand, and I toss it off to a far part of the cabin. Accidentally (maybe purposefully) hitting a girl in the back of her head. I silently laugh to myself hiding my mouth with my hand.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Angelica looked at Jonah and rolled her eyes at him. He still was an a**, in her mind. Angel focused her her attention on the girl, who had now raised an eyebrow when she crossed her arms, refusing Angelica's hand. She put her own hand down, and raised her own eyebrow. Two could play the eyebrow raising game.

Val, as she had told Angelica, seemed like the rebel type. Seemed like a bitch in the non-slutty way. That could sometimes be a bonus in the Gucci-every-bunk, Dolce and Gabbana obsessors, the Michael Kors collectors... The too-good-for-you brands that filled the cabin list could continue.

Angelica's eyes suddenly followed the flying bag. Of course, one of the blonds got a whack in the head from it. The cabin leader managed a stifle of laughter, but refused to show that she actually hated most of her cabin-mates when her role was to actually like them. Angelica looked back at Val, now, her eyebrow not raised.

"So, Val, how's uh... life?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Ugh! Why must she ask so many vague questions that could be answered in so many depressed and pathetic ways? I didn't feel like answering any questions, to be honest. I hated being interrogated. It made me feel like I'm back in juvie, or my dad asking me questions like I'm another freaking thirteen year old about to have sex for the first time in my life. And trust me, I'm not going down that road again.

I was freaking thirteen, it wasn't like I was going to try anything. Ok, maybe I was, but I wasn't really going to do it. I'm not that stupid. Not that you mention it, my grades aren't the best. D's and F's all around. I guess, that's also why Daddy Dearest sent me here. To get my crap straight. I needed to "prioritize" or whatever the hell that means.

So I repeat her question in my head. Life? How is life? What is life? What is air? Who am I?

"Stupid," I answer her in a calm, but firm tone.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:26 pm

[center]Her answer was "Stupid"? Did Val have reason? If she did, Angelica felt that she shouldn't be nosy, and ask why. The cabin leader realized that Val obviously had a cruddy life, and that she probably wasn't the nicest. Maybe the most honest? Angelica didn't want to ask anything else, knowing she'd get more one-worded answers. But, it was, sadly, her job.

[b][color=darkend]"So..."[/color][/b] Angelica started, looking up, [color=darkend][b]"Uh... See any bunks you'd like?"[/b][/color] she asked, pointing her chin to behind her. Behind Angel were the too-pink-for-you bunks, and then the bunks that were empty. Yep. If a bunk wasn't pink, it was open. At least finding a vacant bunk wasn't an issue.
[/center]
Back to top Go down
thienthy

thienthy

PostSubject: Re: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Ikuto walked into the cabin. "Hello, oh great cabin leader." He walked up to his bunk which was surprisingly, one of the few bunks which weren't pink. All he had done to it was carve his name into the side of the bunk with a knife. He threw his weapons onto the bunk and climbed up. He noticed the new girl. He waved a hand at her. "Hello, my name is Ikuto Snow, welcome to camp and all that other crap." He was dressed in a black t-shirt with a skull on fire and some jeans. He pulled out an i-pod and popped it into his ears, putting some music on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of these things is not like the others... (open)   One of these things is not like the others... (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of these things is not like the others... (open)
Page 1 of 1