Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sitting by Thalias Tree

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bleh

Bleh

Sitting by Thalias Tree Empty
PostSubject: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:04 am

I was sitting by Thalias tree and reading a book from my favorite book series, Inkheart.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:08 am

Um? xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:11 am

(( I love Inkheart, however this thread should really be in the forum titled "Thalia's Pine."

Ask a mod/admin to move it for you? ))
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:49 am

Thread. Not forum. A forum is the whole site, a thread is the areas of the site which certain topics go in, a topic is a post inside a thread, and a reply is a reply to that topic. And, there is no need for OOC brackets, for this is a OOC zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

(( I'm afraid that's wrong, Momus Boy. You can say forum meaning either the entire site or a section in which you post threads (for example, the Chat is a forum). Thread is another word for topic.

I'm using parenthesis because I thought this thread was for role playing so if this got moved to the correct forum the double parenthesis - which implies that you're talking OOC rather than as one of your characters - would be appropriate. ))
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Good point. But, not, it's only thread. I'm sorry. Maybe, if there was a FORM in the thread you could call it a FORM, but not a FORUM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:29 pm

(( I'm sorry, that didn't make any sense to me. Care to explain? ))
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:31 pm

OOC: It is generally only called a thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:33 pm

(( What is?

* Sorry for the off-topicness, Jen. ))
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:34 pm

OOC: A thread. A thread is not a forum. A thread is a thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:36 pm

(( I know that. I'm going to go from largest to smallest right now to explain to you what it is.

Site --> Category --> Forum --> [occasionally]Sub-forum --> Thread --> Reply ))
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Crispy Bacon wrote:
(( I'm afraid that's wrong, Momus Boy. You can say forum meaning either the entire site or a section in which you post threads (for example, the Chat is a forum). Thread is another word for topic.

I'm using parenthesis because I thought this thread was for role playing so if this got moved to the correct forum the double parenthesis - which implies that you're talking OOC rather than as one of your characters - would be appropriate. ))

Does this pop any lightbulbs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:57 pm

(( :/ I don't understand what you're trying to prove right now. I guess I'll have to use synonyms as well since you don't seem to understand.

Site/forum/message board --> Category --> Forum --> [occasional] Sub-forum --> Thread/topic --> Reply/response ))
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:00 pm

OOC: I KNOW! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SAID IT COULD BE CALLED BOTH! I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU IT IS ONLY CALLED ONE AND BE HELPFUL! JEEZ!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Momus Boy wrote:
Crispy Bacon wrote:

Does this pop any lightbulbs?

Momus, she posted this THREAD in the wrong FORUM.
GET THE MESSAGE?
YOU CAN'T SAY SHE POSTED THE THREAD IN THE WRONG THREAD.
Pop any lightbulb?
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:07 pm

No, I am saying she referred to a Thread as a Forum. It was kinda a like sub-thread thing, but meh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Momus Boy wrote:
Thread. Not forum. A forum is the whole site, a thread is the areas of the site which certain topics go in, a topic is a post inside a thread, and a reply is a reply to that topic. And, there is no need for OOC brackets, for this is a OOC zone.

WRONG.
A thread is a TOPIC.
A forum is not a THREAD
e.g. Thalia's Pine is a forum.

The whole site may be considered a forum or simply site.

SO ACTUALLY YOU CALLED A THREAD A FORUM.
DONE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 pm

(( I think we all need to calm down just a bit. D8

I'm sorry if I frustrated you, Momus, but I was only correcting you because you corrected me incorrectly (ow my head). Now if we could let this discussion die off? We don't need to argue about this, it's irrelevant and rather rude to Jen. ))
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:13 pm

OOC: I am not mad. But, a topic is what is located INSIDE a thread Pink. Let's ask someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:17 pm

(( No. A topic is a thread. You can call them either topics or threads.

That's that.

THIS SITE IS AGING ME. ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Crispy Bacon wrote:
(( :/ I don't understand what you're trying to prove right now. I guess I'll have to use synonyms as well since you don't seem to understand.

Site/forum/message board --> Category --> Forum --> [occasional] Sub-forum --> Thread/topic --> Reply/response ))

SEE? YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN.
A thread IS a topic.
END OF DISCUSSION.
SORRY, JEN. EXCUSE MY INTERFERENCE.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy

Momus Boy

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

OOC: SOMEONE SEARCH IT UP!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sitting by Thalias Tree   Sitting by Thalias Tree I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sitting by Thalias Tree
Page 1 of 1