Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Remaining Survivors: A Leader to Guide Us

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RubyWillDestroyYou

RubyWillDestroyYou

The Remaining Survivors: A Leader to Guide Us Empty
PostSubject: The Remaining Survivors: A Leader to Guide Us   The Remaining Survivors: A Leader to Guide Us I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:34 pm

The Remaining Survivors

A Leader to guide us                             

Prologue                    

My footsteps plummeted against the soggy ground as I ran. My heart pounded against my chest, warm glistening tears streamed down my soft cheeks.
The car came into view, my heart stopped, I gasped at the horrible sight. The flames fought viciously against the raging wind for control.
“Mom!” I screamed.  Trembling in fear that she already might be dead.

Black smoke making the view a hazy maze. I scrambled down the tree slope.
“Mom! Where are you?” I cried.
I ran toward the car peeking through the cracked window. She lay there coughing and gasping trying to breathe.  I tried to crawl through the busted window but I couldn’t fit. I smashed the window with my hand and wiggled through.
 I crawled on my hands and knees toward my mother.
“Fawn… come here.” Mother gasped with a raspy voice.
Blood seeped through the corners of her bright red cherry lips. I curled into her pale fragile arms. My vision blurred as the tears began to well up again. “Don’t worry fawn you’re alright. Don’t cry now.” She said in a calm soothing voice.
And started humming softly, cradling me like a child, her arms where ice-cold, as her life slowly drained away, and with that she managed a soft smile, that seemed to bring a small shard of light into this depressing and tragic situation.
“I love you forever and always, I hope you and your brother know this.” Says mother with a quiet voice.
 Her breath grew soft and hoarse. She smiled and closed her eyes.
“ I love you too Mama!” I cried, but it was too late.
“Mama?” I shook her.
“Mom wake up! Please don’t leave me here.” I yelled

“Don’t leave us! Come back! Please!” I cried.
 I knew she couldn’t come back. I knew she wouldn’t wake up. More tears stream down my face.
 “What will I tell Xander?” I thought.
“He’s only six years old and he already lost his mom. . .” We are all alone.
We have no father and now, we have no mother. All this thought of loneliness built up and filled my heart with sorrow and dread. I wrapped my arms around her neck and sobbed into my mom’s chest. My world turned in a cold, dark, blur.

Chapter One: The Remaining Survivors
 I was in a dark gloomy forest for a reason I couldn’t remember. Then it hit me I was looking for my mother. 
“Where are you? Can you hear me mom?” I cried out.
I was looked left and right for her. I couldn’t find her. I dropped to my knees and burst into tears. After a few seconds, I wiped my tears away and got back on my feet.
I told myself I couldn’t give up; I had to find her no matter what.
I began running again pacing myself.
 I felt… I felt… like I’d failed I couldn’t save her. I don’t know why but I felt as if it where my fault.
 As I began to run farther, I saw the car in the distance. I started running as fast as I could towards the car. As I got to the car, I could see her slowly dying. Her life being ripped right out of my hands by a force I couldn’t understand.
I tried to reach her but she kept on slipping away. I couldn’t ever get to her. It was as if I was on a ever-lasting treadmill. I was running full speed toward her, crying out to her, reaching for her. Then she disappeared like ash into the wind.
I opened my eyes, I sighed in relief it was only a dream. I looked around at my surroundings.
Where was I?
A tall burnet girl, about in her late twenty’s, in nurse scrubs walked in. I started freaking out.
 “Where am I?!” I yelled at her.
“Calm down I’ll be right back.” She scurried out the door and came back with a tall handsome man with blond hair.
 “Are you ok?” He questioned,
 “Where am I.” I asked firmly,
“What happed to me. Where is my mom? Is she alright?” He looks at me with sad pitiful eyes and explained everything.
I could feel myself slowly crumbling away from inside. It wasn’t a dream . . . I could feel my arms trembling. Everything came back it was to much to bare. I eventually cracked and felt everything rush over me all at once.
I cried myself to sleep last night.
The news was just too much for me to take. All I could see was image her slipping away, bleeding out there on the cold ground. Every time I went to sleep I had the same dream.
Her lying on the ground calling my name . . . and I never could reach her. I could feel myself slowly crumbling away from the inside.
Everything I believed in was fading away before my eyes. I tried to think of the happy times I had with her, that only made things worse. I remembered the time me and her would chase butterflies in her garden she’d planted herself. Flowers of every kind she’d planted reds and blues, purples and pinks. I’d always hide in the lily patch she’d planted.
She’d find me and she would hide we would play that game for hours and hours laughing and smiling. It was the best memory I’d ever had of her.  The nurse came in with my lunch breaking my thoughts. She smiled at me pity in her gentle gaze.
Not too long after I began to eat there was a knock at my door.
 “Come in.” I rasped.
 A young boy with blond hair and soft brown eyes peeked in. I recognized him as my brother Xander. Tears filled his eyes and he ran and hugged me tightly around my waist.
 “I missed you. Where’ve you been?” He said muffled.
I sighed and looked away closing my eyes deep in thought.
“Fawn?” He frowned.
Tears began to well up in his eyes again.
 “Where’s mama . . .?” He looked at me with his big sad brown eyes.
“Mama is. . . Mama is. . .” I burst into tears; I just couldn’t find the words to tell him.
“Fawn, what’s wrong?”  I layed back in my bed trying to think of what to tell him.
 Should I tell him the truth or should I lie? No. . . he’d find out the truth at some point.
“Xander whatever I tell your going to have to stay strong and not cry like your big sis, ok?”
“I won’t cry, I promise.”
“Ok now.”  I wiped my tears and sniffled. I said to him in a calm voice “Mama’s gone forever.”
I looked at Xander; at first he looked confused like he didn’t understand then it slowly turned into a look of shock and then complete horror, words of fear and sadness written on his face. I didn’t know what to say to him I couldn’t think of any words to comfort him. His eyes where full of mixed emotions.
 He suddenly collapsed onto the floor and began wailing. Tears prickled at my lashes I quickly wiped my tears away and got up.
I slid off my bed onto the floor wrapping my arms around him. He sobbed into my shirt wailing for his mother.
 “She can’t be dead! I need her!” he cried out muffled.
The nurse rushed in quickly realizing the problem.
 “I-I’m sorry.” She turned and swung around the corner giving us some time alone.
 “Shhhh. . . it’s alright.” I tried to comfort him in any possible way I could.
“Xander it’s alright, Shhhh. . .” I sang  rocking him back and forth like mama always did.
 Everything I did reminded me of her. I had to stay in one piece, if I was going to take care of Xander. I looked at him I was cradling him, he was safely snuggled close to my chest.
He had stopped crying and eventually fell asleep in my arms. I brushed the hair away from his face. His face was red and puffy from crying. His chest rose gently with every fragile breath he took. `
I set him down on my bed and curled up beside him. I would protect him, mom was counting on me and I wasn’t about to let her down.

Chapter Two: The Remaining Survivors
“Fawn wake up! “A voice pushed me back into reality from my dream.
 “Ugh, not now!” I rolled over pulling the sheets over my head.
“Fawn, you have to wake up!” Xander whined. Pulling on my covers,
As I listening beyond his own voice I could hear screams. People crying for help, I sighed.
 “Xander, please turn down the TV, its way to loud and I’m trying to sleep!” The screams only got louder and more violent.
 “Fawn, please I’m scared!” He tugged on me with all his weight ripping the covers off of me.
The cold air brushed against my skin making me shudder.
“Fawn. . .” He started.
“Alright, alright! I’ll wake up!” I sat up rubbing my eyes  stretching my legs.
 My muscles where stiff and sore. I opened my eyes looking around the white hospital room. Xander stood beside me looking at me with terrified eyes.
“Fawn im afraid. . .” He whimpered.
```````
“Xander you shouldn’t be watching scary movies in the first place.”
“I didn’t!” I looked around
Xander was right! The TV wasn’t even on. The screams really where coming from outside! “Huh?” I got up walking toward the door I tried to open it but the door was locked!? Why would they lock our door?
I tugged on the door even harder seeing if I could force it open. The screams just seemed to get louder, and louder, and louder. I banged on the door.
 “Somebody, anyone there!” I yelled hoping someone would hear me.

I stepped away from the door, shadows ran back and forth wildly, in complete panic and utter chaos. Meanwhile me and Xander stood huddled together like two frightened kittens.
Then suddenly it all stopped. It was completely silent nothing was to be heard. Not even a pen dropped. I stepped away from the door scared and confused. The voices just “stopped” why’d they stop?
“Fawn, what do we do?” Xander whimpered he was shaking head to toe. I pulled him into my arms.
“Xander when did the screams start?” He was silent for a while before he answered. “I don’t know? Like an hour ago?” “They woke me up and I could hear people talking.”
“What did they say? Anything?”
“Yeah, something about a sick patient, and before I knew it.”
“There was crying and then they said more people where getting sick.”
“Then the screams started they got so loud. . .” Tears welled up in his eyes. I pulled him closer holding him in my arms. We sat down by the bed just praying someone would find us and let us out. Xander buried his face in my chest  whimpering.
“It’s ok. . . Xander.” I had to bite my lip to keep my voice from trembling.
We waited. . .
And waited. . .
And waited. . . Until I finally heard something. At first it sounded like banging coming from down the hall. Them I realized it was getting louder.
Then it sounded like footsteps followed by a raspy voice.
“Search every room, if you find any survivors kill them.
“We can’t risk the disease spreading.” A man said.
My heart pounded against my ribcage rattling my insides.
“Xander, we have to hide!” I whispered.
 I looked around for a place to hide. At first I thought about hiding in the Bathroom, too obvious. Under the bed, they’d find us for sure if we hid there! The footsteps where getting closer, we had to hide somewhere soon.
“Fawn,” I stopped him hush Xander.
 I desperately looked around trying to find a place to hide she looked over and in the corner of the room was a laundry basket full of sheets…a decent hiding spot,
I then picked up her little brother and put him inside the basket covering him with sheets-
“Xander don’t move no matter what understand?”

He nodded and she covered him up completely.
“Where do I hide…the bathroom.”
I rushed over to the bathroom shutting the door silently stepping into the shower just as footsteps approached our room.
just as the footsteps approached the door. A deep voice came from the doorway,
“Check every inch of this place, if you find survivors they’re probably already infected…so don’t hesitate to rid of them.”
A series of footsteps entered the room I held perfectly still.
As the footsteps got closer, my heart stopped. I suddently hear Xander sneeze.
Dammit Xander. . .
“What was that?” a man said.
The footsteps got softer as he walked the other direction towards Xander. I hear a commotion and Xanders scream.
Oh god. What do I do? Xander. . .
I had to think fast, I either had to sacrifice my life for him or I had to let him get killed. I don’t want to lose anyone else…and I promised mom that I would protect him. The answer was obvious.
I quietly opened the door to the bathroom and secretly crept out, I tried not to get caught. As I get closer, I put my finger up to my lips, as a sign for Xander to stay silent and to act normal. As the guy pulled out his gun, I leaped onto his back, wrapping my arms around his throat. His gun fell from his hand and onto the floor.

“XANDER RUN!” I yelled clinging to the man’s back tightly as he desperately tried to pry me off.
 Xander did as he was told and bolted out the door. I sighed in relief knowing he would be okay. But this relief didn’t last very long, I knew I had to get out of this mess somehow, I wasn’t about to leave him alone. Xander had already lost his mother and father. He wasn’t about to lose me as well.
The man finally pried me off his shoulders, and I fell onto the cold hard tile floor, I slowly backed up into a wall, feeling around, grabbing the nearest thing I had. A lamp. I trembled in fear. Without thinking, I threw the lamp at him as forcefully as I could.
“Stay away from me!”  I screamed my voice cracking ever so slightly
I flinched and closed my eyes hearing the loud smashing of glass hitting the wall behind him.
The guy chuckled, “Did you really think that you could hurt me, little girl?”
I trembled, frightened, as he approached me with his big bulky hands, I quickly scampered the opposite way towards the door. I tried opening the door but it was useless, the door was locked. I looked back at him.
“W-who are you?” I questioned terrified.
“That’s for me to know, and you to figure out.” He sneered.
All of a sudden the door opened from behind me, and an arm quickly grabbed me. I screamed but a cold damp cloth, with the scent of chemicals burning my nostrils, covered my mouth muffling my scream, making my vision blurry and dark where I could no longer hear my own pitiful wails.

Chapter 3: The Remaining Survivors

A bright light shined upon my face. I flinched, lifting my hands to protect my eyes from the shock of the blinding light, but my hands we’re tied, so we’re my legs. As much as I pulled and struggled, I could not break free of the ropes, I finally managed to open my eyes.
 The light above me made my eyes water, I blinked continuously trying to get used to it.  Than my heart stopped. I realized something.
Wheres Xander?
“X-an....X-an-d-er..Xander….” I choked out, my throat was painfully dry, my voice cracked as I tried to speak.
I licked my dry lips and tried to swallow.
What happened? I thought to myself.
“Good morning sunshine.” A raspy voice spoke, breaking my thoughts.

“W-where am i?”
Once my eyes had adjusted, I looked around at my surroundings. I was in a small room, my legs and arms we’re tied to a chair that had been nailed to the ground with \small hinges.
 The walls we’re white and, to the left of me was a glass window, it was too dark to see through, I could feel eyes watching me from the other side.
My heart began to race, the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I tried to stay calm, I looked up, infront of me was a tall dark figure, in a camouflage vest and pants, he had various badges across his chest and shoulders.
The figure loomed over me, the light casting shadows across the walls.
“W-who are you?” I finally managed to say.
It took several seconds, but the figure finally spoke.
“My name is General Jackson, I work for the United States army…and you are?” He said in a raspy voice.
I gulped, “My name is Fawn…Fawn Shone.”
He glared at me, his gaze blank and emotionless.
“I see…” He took a couple steps towards me, the soles of his shoes clumped against the hard concrete floor.
“Well ‘Fawn Shone’, I’m General Jackson Will, But you may refer to me as Sir or Jack..” He held his hands behind his back.
“Miss Shone, or Fawn as I may, I am somewhat very interested in you.”
 He glared at me, his eyes we’re like a sea-sick green, like staring into the ocean after a storm.

His hair was jet-black, he had it slicked back with gel, he also had a black mustache.
His appearance  was somewhat intimidating, his “I want to burry you alive” stare wasn’t helping either.
“That little fight you put up at the hospital wasn’t very smart Miss Shone.”
His voice broke my thoughts and I looked at him.
“Well your buddies we’re trying to kill me…what did you expect me to do? Build my own coffin and wait for someone to blow my head off?” I said sharply.
What I said must have been funny, because he began laughing.
“You find that funny?” I snapped.
His face was suddently serious again.

“Listen, Miss Shone the only reason your alive now is because of your little stunt at the hospital.
It was a very foolish thing to do. . .yet it showed the courage and the bravery every person wishes they had.
      I’m going to do something I rarely do.”

“And what would that be?” I said, doing my best to be bold.

“I’m going to offer you a choice.”

Hope you liked, if not let me know, I won't take it personally and I find criticism helpful ^^

Neater Version of TRS:
Back to top Go down

The Remaining Survivors: A Leader to Guide Us
Page 1 of 1