Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

operation popular --- wicked

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

operation popular --- wicked Empty
PostSubject: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:18 pm

quinn arabella taylors

Quinn exhaled a puff of white wisps, her breath crystallizing into a pretty cloud. She enjoyed winter, despite the fact that she couldn't feel her toes in her converse. In the spirit of Christmas and giving, cabin seven was hosting the bonfire for the night. Hot chocolate was passed around, along with songs and cheesy lyrics. The girl was currently lounging by her friends, but observing everyone else while she conversed. After all, she was pretty good at parties.  

As couples snuggled, and friends laughed, the girl noticed one person who was standing at the edge of the crowd, sort of avoiding everyone. Quinn ignored the guy for a while, returning to her conversation. "The jacket? I don't remember where I got it," she responded with a smile, shrugging as she sipped at her hot chocolate.

Turning her head slightly, the daughter of Apollo was able to take in the sight. A bright full moon was high in the sky, with diamonds for stars dancing around it. The bonfire crackled and hissed as the loudest and stupidest love songs floated along the wind. Then there was that boy, still alone and keeping to himself.

Rising from her seat, the demigod brushed off her bomber jacket, flipping her braided golden hair behind her. Sliding past several close bodies, Quinn made it to the lone demigod, whom she recognized. "Ty!" she exclaimed, a broad grin appearing on her face. "Why so... reclusive? It's a party, you're supposed to be socializing," the girl whispered with the raise of an eyebrow.

outfit
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:30 pm

TiberiusWINTERS
Tiberius Winters had a habit of going places that often got him into trouble, or a more accurate statement would be: Tiberius Winters had a tendency to go to places that he hated. Indeed, he had a strong dislike for people, and yet he was here, among the very homo sapiens he despised. His father had taught him the Ty was above most men and while he didn't share his father's beliefs entirely, some of his teachings had rubbed off on him. And so there lonely Tiberius Winters sat, books stacked next to him, the pages yellowed and dogeared. They came in all sorts of languages too. Latin, Greek, English, and French. Ty could read all of those, perfecting all of the languages before coming to camp. 

Oh yes, Ty was different. You could tell because he was playing a game of chess by himself. He was winning and yet he was also losing. He sighed, completely overpowered with boredem. He could have stayed in his cabin and read and slept. Then again, he would have had to deal with all of the young campers and the horrible sense of perfume that filled his lungs every time he took a breath, no matter how shallow. This seemed like heaven compared to the Aphrodite cabin.

He heard a girl speaking quite close to him, the voice familiar. Ty decided to continue with reading and chess playing, taking a sip of hot chocolate that had long since gone cold. He shuddered as the cold winter wind blew across his shoulders. He wished he had worn warmer winter clothing, and despite being by a fire, Tiberius was to far away to feel its warmth. "Ty!" The same voice, dreadfully close now to Ty's ear. Was he going to have to engage in conversation? Oh gods... 

The girl. Blonde hair. Ty knew he had seen her before. They'd conversed not to long ago. "Quinn, right?" Tiberius asked. He was okay with names, it seemed. He looked around his little hideout made of books and chess boards and empty hot chocolate mugs. "What? This isn't considered socializing?" Tiberius said, utterly confused. "I mean, I'm outside, around people." He continued. Ty observed the other people by the bonfire with his intelligent grey eyes. He didn't know how they could stand being so close. Didn't they know how many germs were on the human body?
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE

Last edited by Queen Wicked. on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:06 pm

quinn arabella taylors

Quinn's eyes traveled across the boy's hideout, filled with books and chess boards. She kept her eyebrow raised as he explained himself. The girl would've made a rather rude remark, but the guy seemed completely confused. Being one of the popular girls growing up had led  the daughter of Apollo to a high status in life, at least according to her. If anyone could give this guy a social life, it was Quinn Taylors.

She grimaced slightly at his response, shaking her head. "No, no it isn't." The girl glanced over her shoulder, checking to make sure her friends hadn't noticed her absence. As interesting as the opportunity was to possibly made Ty more... normal was, she also had to keep her status, and being seen with him wouldn't really help. "Just because you're out doesn't mean you're, well, out," Quinn replied a matter o factly.

Taking a moment to study the boy, she noticed he had many attractive features that she could work with. Maybe this could be easier than she expected. "Need help branching out?" Quinn asked innocently, a smile playing on the corners of her lips.
outfit
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 pm

TiberiusWINTERS
Tiberius should have said something sarcastic or snarky, but he couldn't. He wasn't the jock, or the athlete, or the selfish asshole. He was himself, and he wasn't one to be mean. Now clever, he was the king of cleverness. But the way Quinn said the stuff she did, Ty knew she was right, and there was nothing that could be said that could counteract that statement. He smiled sadly, and rested his head on his arms, moving a white pawn forward, then rotated the board around 90 degress and began processing his next move. Ty looked at Quinn. "You're afraid to be seen with me, aren't you." This was more of a statement than a question. Before she could reply, Tiberius turned his attention back to the chess game, rearranging the black players even more to his advantage. "I don't blame you." Clever as he was, Ty knew that he could never be popular. Still, if somebody wanted to help, he wouldn't turn them down. Especially Quinn. She was the kind of person Ty thought that you'd want to be friends with. Then again, what did Tibs know about people? 

"Checkmate," Tiberius muttered into his sleeve, defeating the white side. His grey eyes scanned the playing field, and he brushed his black hair out of his eyes. He smiled, proud at what he had done. Ty looked back up at Quinn for what seemed the millionth time that night. "Sorry." He said. "It probably isn't cool to play chess. Or ignore people. Or read and not socialize." And then Ty closed his mouth, and opened it again, not believing what he was going to say next. "You'd help me? Really?"
WORDS | OUTFIT | Sorry, my internet crashed. Then I watched Breakfast Club, so sorry.
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:56 pm

quinn arabella taylors

Quinn watched him silently as he played his chess game, wondering if making this boy interesting would be even remotely possible. The guy would've fit better in one of those book clubs, if they even had that in camp (she wouldn't know, obviously), but she would fix him. The demigod convinced herself many times that what she did was right, even if others wouldn't agree with her moral compass. Quinn ran her finger along her bracelet as she raised an eyebrow at Tiberius. The way the boy said it was almost worse than it's meaning.

"Maybe," she replied softly, her gaze drifting onto the chess board. She hadn't the slightest idea how to play the game, or even what the pieces were called, but it was amusing to watch him try to beat himself. Finding herself glancing back at the fire every now and then, the girl knew she had to make this quick. Any longer and her friends would notice she was gone, and that could be worse than failing to help Ty, who apparently needed some type of assistance.

Raising an eyebrow at him as he finished his game, Quinn gave him a weak smile. "No, not really," she admitted with a shrug. That could change, hopefully. If there was anything that the girl was good at, it was making people seem more appealing. She should know, it's how she lived out most of her middle school years.

Flicking her gaze back towards the sound of his voice, a smile creeped onto her face. "Of course," Quinn replied silkily. Running a hand through her hair, she looking over her shoulder. "So, what would you like help with?" Her smile grew. "Anything specific?"
outfit
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:33 pm

TiberiusWINTERS
Tiberius at that moment thought of his family back home in New York City, probably cozying up to a different fire, different books spread around them, and different chess pieces being played with. The Winters family was all one and the same. All they did was read and learn and play mind stimulating games. Overall they were very boring people, and that didn't exclude Ty. "It's alright." Ty said, though why he said that, he wasn't sure. He thought he should put his pale china like hand on Quinn's arm, just above her bracelet, but he decided against it. He didn't want to freak Quinn out even more, and plus he was awful with feelings so she probably didn't even need to be comforted. "If I were you, I'd completely ignore me. I'm like Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter. Everyone knows I'm there, but no one wants to acknowledge me." You're an idiot, Tiberius. He scolded himself in his mind, running his hands through his thick black hair. Cold wind pushed against his back, and an equal force of warmth rushed up and heated his chest. He picked this spot specifically because A) It was far away from almost anyone and B) He wasn't burnt nor was he frozen. She probably doesn't even know what Harry Potter is.

It was natural for everyone to pity Tiberius Winters. He even pitied himself at times. Ty never knew when to act a certain way, or dress another, or even how to think like a normal kid. His father had raised him to be like a Victorian English gentlemen, and so Tiberius was molded into that form. Sometimes he wanted to punch a wall or something because of how angry at his father he got. If it wasn't for him, Tiberius could have led an almost normal life, minus, you know, the whole demigod thing. Ty could have actually have friends. If he wanted at least one person to like him, he needed help from the girl standing in front of him. Quinn was Ty's ticket to popularity, something he never had excelled at.

"Is everything specific enough?" Ty asked, smiling up at Quinn. He chuckled nervously, hoping she wouldn't laugh in his face for being so stupid and pathetic. 
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:17 pm

quinn arabella taylors

Quinn wasn't stupid, she knew that this boy was a piece of work. Not your average type of work either, something different than she had ever encountered, and he was interesting to her in an odd type of way. She could tell he didn't have high expectations for himself, and maybe that was his problem. Whatever it was, the demigod would try and help him overcome it; which was something Quinn Taylors didn't normally do.

His Harry Potter reference caught her her off guard, but instead of pretending she didn't know what it was, she just shook her head slowly. "Well, Myrtle talks a lot more than you," the demigod pointed out, a sly smile returning to her face. Yes, she was informed of the phenomenal story of Harry Potter. She didn't live under a rock. "Well, I'm acknowledging you now, aren't I?" Quinn added, her smile broadening.

She took another quick glance at the fire, wondering how much longer she had. As she looked back, her friend Lynette gave her a wave. Her grin weakening, she waved back. Quinn swallowed, feeling like she has guilt clawing at her throat. "Everything," she repeated dully, focusing her attention back at Tiberius. "Well, let's start now then."

Without further explanation, she reach for Ty's wrist, guiding him closer to the firelight. "Don't worry, my friends don't bite, plus most of them are slightly intoxicated," she whispered, smiling at the last bit. It wasn't a teenage gathering without a little alcohol was it? "I'm not, of course," Quinn added quickly, just in case he had his doubts.

Her friends were normally, well, not pleasant, but in the presence of alcohol, they softened up and made less sense than normal. "The first guy's Dan, from cabin twelve, then Camden's the one with the guitar, he's my half-brother," Quinn explained, pointing to the ginger boy and the tall boy singing off-key."Then the girl's Lynette, she's from cabin... four? Yeah, four." Taking a seat on one of the larger logs, where she had sat before, she tugged Ty down with her.

"Hey guys, meet my friend Ty."
occ: holy cats i swear i thought i posted here
outfit
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 pm

TiberiusWINTERS
Ty thought that Quinn would just work with him one on one. At least, thats what he hoped she would do. Tiberius, to put it nicely, was about as good at conversing with others as Napoleon Bonaparte was at winning the battle at Waterloo. That is to say, he was very bad at it. Tiberius merely chucked at the moaning myrtle comment made by Quinn. "That doesn't get me very high on the social ladder, does it?" He didn't care how far up he was. Popularity was never a big thing for Ty, but like every teenager his age, he did want some friends. 

"I suppose so." Ty said in regards to Quinn's statement about acknowledging him. Still, he would forever remain doubtful that she didn't pity him. He would be surprised if she didn't. After all, Ty was something out of the ordinary. Even his half-brothers and sisters here at camp didn't truly accept him. Only his family back at home did, at that was because they were the same as him. Quinn pulled Ty away from his home of books and chess games over to her friends, and he was so nervous that everything she said went in one ear and out the other. What was he supposed to say? What was he supposed to do? She didn't even teach him how to be normal! Tiberius' palms began to get sweaty as Quinn introduced her friends, and he just hoped to whatever god was up there that he didn't A) Say something stupid B) Faint C) Have a panic attack or D) Do all of the above. 

Tiberius didn't want Quinn to look bad because of his actions or words. So he took a deep breath. "Hi." He said, waving awkwardly and smiling just the same. Ty's nerves got the best of him and just as soon as he had been forced to walk over there with Quinn, he sped back to his little castle of paper and ink and wood, burying himself in an Oscar Wilde book, trying to forget about the red appearing on his milky white cheeks as a result from shame.  
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:07 pm

quinn arabella taylors

Quinn noticed the terrified look on his face as soon as they neared the people. A pang of guilt washed over her, settling in the pit of her stomach. Oops. Okay, maybe she hadn't completely thought this through on his part. "I, er -" She stopped herself, scrambling back up to her feet. "I think I'm going to bed guys," Quinn lied with a smile. The other campers just nodded and waved her goodbye, apparently unfazed by the shy boy that left.

Briskly walking back towards Tiberius, she still felt the guilt washing around inside of her. She had been thought of as cruel, even by herself sometimes, but this seemed almost worse. She could be mean to others, but Ty wasn't the type of person that deserved her short thinking. "Tibs, I -" Quinn bit her tongue. She wasn't keen on apologies. "I'm sorry," she spat out, talking a seat next to him in his fort of knowledge.

Words of comfort didn't come naturally to the girl either, having grown up in glitter and faked smiles. "I shouldn't have rushed you," she admitted, fiddling with the ends of her bracelet. She tried focusing on her breathing instead of the pain and embarrassment she had just put him through. In, out. Her exhales made puffs of billowy smoke expel from her glossed lips, fading as quickly as they came. "I hope, you'll... uh, still be okay with talking to me."

Now she was starting to mumble. Maybe Quinn needed to take some of her own advice. "They won't remember meeting you, if it makes you feel any better," she added with a shrug. A weak smile returned to her face as she glanced over at him, hoping for some action in return.
outfit
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:19 pm

TiberiusWINTERS
Tiberius hardly noticed when Quinn came back to him. It wasn't because he was furious at her or because he didn't want to talk to her. It was because he had blocked everything out. Ty didn't want to deal with the shame that was flooding his mind. But it took him a matter of seconds to forget if he had the right book, and luckily the book he had just randomly picked up was enough for him to slip into that world, trying to help the characters with their problems instead of facing his. He was still reading by the time Quinn had started to apologize, but he listened to her. Tiberius wasn't the type of person who held grudges, and he had forgiven Quinn even before he sat down, but she didn't know that. How could she? She might be a mind reader. Thought Quinn. You, sir, have been reading to much. Another voice in his head said. So it would be a matter of talking to her again, saying what needed to be said. 

Honestly, it was Ty's fault. He should have told Quinn that human-to-human conversation was not the best approach for him. He wasn't expecting her to do that, and he was a chicken at heart. Ty couldn't do anything right except for read and speak three languages. If a battle ever came, Ty saw himself hiding in a safe house, hoarding food and water and books, making sure that he was nice and comfortable while campers, better, more wonderful campers, fought for their lives and his outside. Tiberius sometimes was disgusted with himself, but it was the truth. He wasn't a hero. And he wasn't meant to be popular. Well, not as popular as Quinn anyways. "It isn't your fault, Quinn. Don't worry about it." Tiberius said, his eyes still skimming the pages of the book.

He looked up at her once he finished the chapter. "No, seriously, don't apologize. It's my fault, okay? I'm not meant to be popular. It's fine, and I want you to keep talking to me. I actually kind of like talking to you." That wasn't just because Quinn was the only one who dared go up to Ty. No, Tiberius actually considered her a friend, nothing more, nothing less. He never really had a real life friend. There was his little sister, but she didn't count. Tiberius wondered how little Lottie was fairing right now, if she was making friends, or if she was just as hopelessly lost as Tibs was. Either way, he prayed for her safety and her sanity.

Tiberius waved his arm at the remark Quinn had made about her friends. "I don't care about that. No one really ever remembers me anyways, no matter how close I am to them."
WORDS | OUTFIT | OOC
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: operation popular --- wicked   operation popular --- wicked I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

operation popular --- wicked
Page 1 of 1