Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- Empty
PostSubject: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Brianna was a simple girl some said. Not all there in the brain. She didn't adapt to normal situations like a normal person. Well, I guess that made her perfect for situations like this. All that barefoot free-running, the never adapting to one schedule, never being what she was supposed to, had made her excellent at getting away from zombies. The first wave had been terrifying. Dead demi-gods shambling at the camp like some kind of horror movie. The daughter of Dionysus had helped keep her family as safe as she could, but as always, there were casualties. At soon as the sun rose, and the zombies stopped, she had made her way at once to check on her nymph and satyr friends in the treetop village.

It was well protected, as most zombies couldn't climb. Brianna had grabbed as much food and clean water as she'd been able to during the day, leaping over the corpses of the fallen and zombies like it was nothing. But that was her way. You can be afraid later, right now, you need to go do what you have to. And then it was time to create a vine trap for the undead hordes. They wouldn't stop the things, no, but they would certainly make it harder for them to get at them, and maybe save a few lives. Bare feet pattered on the soft earth of the forest floor, never stopping until the small girl had flung herself up a ladder into the trees, working hard to grow the tangling grapevines behind her. It was almost sunset.
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:11 am

This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- Burkely
Ross Miller

I was on my way to the Treetop Village to meet up with Brianna Whyte. I had to go to several stops and I said I would meet her there. I stopped at the mess hall to get some food and some drinks, then I ran to the armory where PJ gave me two rifles, Hermes cabin to get some climbing shoes and locked up the cabin. By the time I got to the village it was sunset I was climbing the tree, I got to the top and saw Brianna and walked over to her. "Hey Brianna."
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Brianna smiled weakly. "Hi. We should probably get ready. More zombies tonight." Looking around, she sighed. "I best get ready to help any wounded. I'm not much of a fighter, sooo..." She patted his shoulder, turning to head off and find her medical kit. She didn't have the godly healing on her side, but she was good at practical mortal first aid.
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Ezekiel Thompson

Son of Tyche
Zeke struggled to get to his feet, trying to put minimal pressure on his injured leg. His head was still spinning, but the previous night's events were slowly coming back to him. They had been stranded in the middle of the forest when the whole zombie thing started, and their trek toward some sanctuary was constantly impaired by zombie hordes. While running, Ezekiel had the direct misfortune of tripping on an uprooted tree branch and twisting his ankle.

Anger had him flaring his nostrils when he remembered how he ended up there alone with a pounding headache. His injury led his companion to panic. While Zeke was in a panic as well, he never would have left his "friend" to save himself. He would never admit it, but he was afraid to be facing this alone.

His traveling companion, in a panic, brought the hilt of his sword to the back of Zeke's head, probably hoping the defenseless, unconscious body would distract the zombie while he got away. By some miracle, Zeke appeared to be in once piece aside from the splitting headache and throbbing ankle. He had been unconscious half the night and nearly the entire day. How did the zombies not find and do away with him? He accredited his mother for the luck, muttering a prayer to her.

His eyes darted to his watch and then to the sky. Sunset was approaching. His legs wanted to run before his brain remembered the injury and he fell to one knee. Cursing under his breath, he hopped back onto his feet and made his way toward the treetop village, which he could see in the distance. He momentarily contemplated calling for help, but he was done relying on people. He would have to do this himself. His jaw locked as he breathed through the pain and stumbled toward the village, hoping his upper-body strength could get him up the ladder on its own.

|| OOC: None. ||
|| Word Count: 324 || RP Partners: Vix and Mark||
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Ross Miller

I watch Brianna walk away. i heard something by the ladder and got my gun immeadiately thinking it was a zombie and I walked to the ladder. I saw a guy struggling to get up and felt sorry for the guy. "Hey dude stop struggling and grab my gun." I said as I lowered my rifle down for him to grab.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Brianna looked over the edge, squeaking in shock. "You got a nasty bust to your head! I have stuff for it, but you might have a concussion." She would wait for the boy to make it up the ladder, setting up for the injuries she could see. "What hurts where?" It was hard to keep focused sometimes for her, but she had to. She had to help this guy, and the other injured.
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Ezekiel Thompson

Son of Tyche
Zeke stopped mid-climb, eyeing the guy offering his help. He was hesitant to take it, but his pounding head and aching ankle were screaming at it to accept it. After a few moments, he grabbed the barrel of the gun and allowed the boy to help him up.

When he reached the top, he was more exhausted than he should have been. "Thanks," he breathed, squeezing his eyes shut tightly as the world around him was spinning. He found though that closing his eyes made it worse, so he opened them again and looked down at the foliage below.

When the girl approached him with the promise of first aid, asking where he was hurt, Zeke fought the urge to inch himself away. People can't be relied on, he told himself. Yet again, his injuries won the battle and he answered her about what hurt. "I twisted my ankle," he said slowly, recalling the event. "And my head is pounding," he added, lightly touching his fingertips to the wound on the back of his head.

|| Word Count: 174 || RP Partners: Vix and Mark||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:10 pm

"Don't worry..I'll have you patched up in a jiffy." Brianna smiled at him sweetly. "I have a cooling patch for your ankle." She would pull the plastic away from a patch, and gently apply it to his ankle. "There... Now I can focus completely on your head." There was kindness in her eyes, and her touch was gentle as she cleaned up the back of his head. "What happened? Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, running a warm, wet cloth over the back of his head to clean up any possible blood or dirt, to get a better look at it.
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Ezekiel Thompson

Son of Tyche
Letting out a light sigh, he was glad that some of the pain in his ankle was alleviated. "Thanks," he muttered again. Though she seemed nice enough, he still kept an eye on the girl out of the corner of his eye. He also sent a glance toward her friend every now and again since he was the one with the weapon. Ezekiel felt of sense of unease being in the presence of two people he didn't know. His own friend betrayed him. These were strangers. Betrayal was twice as likely...

Ugh... trying to be on the alert was exhausting. It made his headache worse, but he couldn't let himself relax. "What happened? Do you want to talk about it?" the girl asked.

Zeke clenched his jaw and his fists. "Not really," he muttered, though the words had no edge to them, only a bit a sadness. Zeke winced feeling the cloth rub over the sensitive wound, but he had to bare it if he wanted it to heal. The girl seemed to know what she was doing. She also seemed genuinely concerned...

Dismissing these thoughts and without moving his head, he glanced down at his watch. Subconsciously, he started shaking his good leg, his nerves getting the better of him as sunset grew nearer with each passing moment.

|| Word Count: 219 || RP Partners: Vix and Mark ||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:43 pm

"Well, that's okay too. You don't have to tell me anything." Her smile stayed strong, kind, and genuine as she finished cleaning the spot. "This is going to burn a bit, but I promise it'll help." She opened a tin of an ointment, that seemed to be made with crushed herbs. It smelled minty and planty, but when she rubbed it into the wound, it stung like alcohol, worse almost. Pressing a heavy pad against his wound, she wrapped a bandage around his head to keep it in place and smiled. "There. Tomorrow we'll unwrap it and let it breath. I can't give you any pain pills, though, it could cause you to bleed more."
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:26 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Louis Parker Jones
Hermes
This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- Tumblr_m3y2wlyBfD1r8khsj
I wanna be drunk when I wake up
On the right side of the wrong bed

'Bugger, bugger, bugger,' I muttered as sprinted through the forest. Of course I had to "borrow" a cooler and food from the camp store at the last second. I was exhausted. I hadn't slept in the past forty-eight hours, and the fatigue was settling in. Just make it to the village, I told myself. Brianna had told me that she had some sort of refuge up there. I trusted her more than anyone else, so I declined my siblings offers of hiding in Hephaestus's cabin.
I reached the ladder and sighed with relief. I could hear movement around me. Several zombies were circling me in the shadows. My heart raced. I looked up. It wasn't too high of a climb, but I did have the cooler, a bag of food, my rucksack, and my sword with me.
I held the sword's blade with my teeth, jerked the straps of the food bag and rucksack up to my shoulders, and then glanced at the cooler. On a whim, I held it above my head and chucked it upwards. It landed on top luckily. My hands grabbed the ladder and it took almost all my remaining strength to reach the top. Once in, I spit the sword out and gasped for air. I could feel blood on my lips; the sword had cut me.
'Dammit,' I muttered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Ezekiel Thompson

Son of Tyche
Though he did not want to go into detail, he did offer a response. "Let's just say that recent events haven't helped me get over my trust issues," he muttered a vague reply. He tried to keep his expression emotionless, set on keeping these people at arm's length, but the girl's smile was nothing if not contagious and he offered back a weak smirk.

Though he was glad she gave him a bit of warning about the pain, saying that it would 'burn a bit' was something of an understatement. He dug his stubby fingernails into his palms, balling his hands into fists. No matter how short his nails were, he still could have drawn blood the way he was clenching his fists. The burn was pretty bad. Worse than applying alcohol to an opened wound. But, like with alcohol, the pain eventually subsided. It did a good job to mask the headache for a few short moments, but it was back and felt a bit worse afterward.

The pain was bearable though, so he wasn't too disappointed by the fact that she wouldn't be giving him any pills for the pain. "That's alright, I'm good," he said with a slow nod, just thankful for everything else she had already done.

Zeke flinched when a cooler randomly landed beside him, and he peered down the ladder before a fourth person joined them up top. Just like that, the sun was down and the zombies were out and about. Noticing the blood on the guy's lip, Zeke inhaled through his teeth. "Ouch," he muttered, looking down at the sword. "You might wanna consider getting a sheath for that," Zeke said indifferently with a slow nod.

|| Word Count: 282 || RP Partners: Vix, Mark, Anna ||
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:34 am

Ross Miller

I looked at the most current guy comin up and it was Louis. "Hey Bro got anything good from the camp store?" I asked with a smile, I noticed his lip was bleeding. "You might want to get that taken care of." I told him. I grabbed a root beer and handed it to Louis. "Drink up Louis." I said sitting next to him.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 am

Brianna looked panicked to see Louis coming up last minute. And then the cut on his lip. At once, she was fussing over it, cleaning it up. "You should have bunked with your brothers... You coulda got caught down there..." The worry in her eyes was more than she'd expressed with the others. Something different between these two. Looking at Ezekiel she smiled. "You can trust us. We'll take care of you til we can get you to the infirmary tomorrow and get you some nectar. I just hope they didn't take it all." As the growling grew louder, Brianna yanked up the ladder, sighing. "We can't let it down unless it's clear... We can't risk everyone...." It killed her to say it.
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:52 am

Ross Miller

"Brianna relax he's a child of Hermes just like me we are the fast kids alive there is noway he was gonna get caught." I told her while taking a sip of a root beer. "Wanna Root beer?" I asked her. "Oh yeah since you have a cooler, can I put all the drinks that I have in my backpack in the cooler?" I asked Louis.
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:08 am

Louis Parker Jones
Hermes
This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- Tumblr_m3y2wlyBfD1r8khsj
I wanna be drunk when I wake up
On the right side of the wrong bed

'Yeah sure,' I muttered, finally sitting up. I was a little pissed that no one seemed to care that I freaking hyperventilating on the ground. I moved a little closer to Brianna and hugged her. I pecked her cheek with the part of my lip that wasn't bloody and said, 'You okay?'
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Ezekiel Thompson

Son of Tyche
Hearing her say that they'd "take care of him" just made him more hesitant to let his guard down. But he didn't say anything to question her. It was hard not to tell how much the girl genuinely cared about people. That concern for the well-being of other was something they shared, so he wasn't sure how he felt about her saying they would only drop the ladder if it was clear. Would that mean he could look forward to watching some poor camper be overrun by a horde of zombies? The whole situation sent his nerves into a frenzy. The blood sliding down the face of the guy they called "Louis" wasn't helping Zeke's nerves either. He kept himself from looking up at the guy.

Grabbing a drink from the cooler himself, without asking or being offered, he brought the cool glass up to head, using it as a make-shift ice-pack. "Uh," he took a deep breath in, weighing his word. "Hey, thanks for... not leaving me down there... I guess," he said with a shrug, referring to the first guy who had helped him up and the girl who aided him. Glancing down, he figured he should ask about the undead creatures that were quickly crowding the area bellow. "We sure those things can't make it up here?" he asked. He'd played his fair share of zombie videos games. He wished he knew which one he was in right now.

|| Word Count: 241 || RP Partner: Vix, Mark, Anna ||
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:10 pm

"I don't think so. Most of them tend to have a hard time just walking. But I set up vine traps all over to buy us some time if they do manage to get close enough to possibly climb the tree... I'm not really...sure if I can fight them...I don't fight people... but these are dead people...so are they people...and..." She whimpered, shrinking close to Louis. She was not okay. Brianna wasn't sure how to make this a bright situation. It was terrifying, not knowing if you were going to be able to save the ones you love. She didn't care if she died... But her friends.... "We'll just do the best we can."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-   This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is nothing like plants vs Zombies -open-
Page 1 of 1