Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

gods help me gods help me {Beanie}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evergreenf

gods help me gods help me {Beanie} Empty
PostSubject: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Kenz didn't believe she had ever run so fast. Especially not while carrying a 15-pound backpack filled with nectar, ambrosia, and assorted weapons, a lyre in her left hand, and a screaming 25 pound kid. Well, there had never been zombies, either.

Oh gods oh gods please save me. Oh gods.

The moans from behind her echoed in her brain. Their intensity, their mindlessness, their yearning. Kenz felt her nose begin to stuff up, and tears stream down her face. She had no free hand to wipe them away. She didn't cry out, no. No, that would just upset Lucas more.

Come on come on where's the cabin they said Athena was safe where is it. Oh gods please. Not for me. For Lucas.

She started slowing down, then intensifying her run as the moans got closer. They were still about 30 feet behind her, and most were just shambling, but she noticed that some had enough of two legs and two knees to run. She hoped that they weren't after her.

There was another girl with her. Lydia? No, but there was no time to think of what her name was. There was no time to think anything but Left foot right foot left foot right foot.

Oh gods there it is. Thank the gods. Please protect me.

And suddenly, there was another problem. What if no one's there? She dropped her lyre and knocked frantically.

"Please, please! Let me in! I'm not a zombie! PLEASE!" She pleaded, snot and tears gushing down her face. There had to be someone. "Please! ANYONE!" Lucas began screaming louder as Kenz's knocks intensified. "GODS PLEASE!" She hadn't even noticed the note on the door. She could barely see through the tears, and she was too panicked.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:47 pm

gods help me gods help me {Beanie} Tumblr_inline_mj7ps8fVyW1qz4rgp

Livia,

Livia’s feet hurt. Badly. Her face was red, silent tear tracks making their way down her cheeks and onto her camp shirt. She sprinted as fast as she could while keeping pace with the girl next to her. Kenz, Livia thought, but she quickly averted her thoughts to the zombies they were barely keeping at bay.

Please mom. If you’re listening, please. Help me. Don’t let us die

The tears came down harder as Livia’s thoughts turned to her brother. With every step Livia took, she willed him to live.

Livia turned her attention to the monsters behind her. They were coming.

With only several precious seconds of space between her and the zombies, Livia knew she had to run fast to be able to get to a safehouse before they did. She was approaching the Athena cabin now.

Her back ached with the weight of the armor and weapons she carried on her back. Kenz carried the food and the little boy whom Livia thought might be her brother. Livia had offered to carry the boy, but didn’t push it. Her pack was heavy and they barely had enough time to run and they didn’t need the zombies to get any closer because they stopped.

When they reached the Athena cabin, Kenz immediately pounded on the door, pleading to be let in. But Livia saw the note on the front. She read quickly, but choked on the words she was trying to say as she read the end of the note.

if this is the last time you ever see my writing

Faye meant that she might die. Livia swallowed and uttered the words as loudly as she could in her gravelly voice.
“A-Ares Cabin.”
Back to top Go down
Evergreenf

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 am

Kenz stopped banging on the door when she heard her companion reading a note. However, Lucas wasn't as considerate. She covered his mouth just as the blond girl started choking on her words. Kenz was about to look over at the note, to try and help the girl, but she reconsidered as the groans and shuffling of feet behind her got louder.

"A-Ares Cabin." Kenz nodded. It wasn't that far to Ares. She looked across the camp, past the hearth in the middle, to a heavily barricaded cabin with ballistae and barbed wire covering the roof. They just had to make it there. She wiped her eyes and nose on her sleeve, trying to clear enough from her face so she could see. She forced back the tears, but they wouldn't stop.

"Come on!" She yelled, just over the din of zombie moans and Lucas screams. She ran quickly, dodging the lit hearth and looking behind her only briefly. Was this other girl going to follow?

Please gods let her follow. Please let us all live.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Livia,

Livia could barely make out her companion’s words over the din. Between the groans of the zombies behind her and the little boy screaming in Kenz’s arms, Livia had trouble hearing herself think, let alone receive and follow instructions.

Livia hoped that Faye would be waiting for them in the Ares cabin. Livia hoped that they would let her and Kenz in. Livia hoped Quell wasn’t dead. Livia hoped a lot of things, but she pushed them out of her mind as she sprinted towards the barbed wire covered cabin behind Kenz.

The zombies closed on her, walking in a monotone fashion. But they were fast, faster than Liv had expected and soon they were right behind the girls. Liv kicked one with the back of her heal as she sprinted up the steps of Cabin 5.

Livia banged on the door with all the energy that she had built up within her.
“Faye! Please! Let us in! It’s Liv! We have a little kid with us!”
She screamed, sobbing as she pounded the heavily armed door.

Livia unsheathed her sword and waited for the zombies to attack. Or the refugees inside the Ares cabin to open the door. Whichever came first.
Back to top Go down
Evergreenf

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:41 pm

As Kenz ran toward the Ares cabin, she noticed with a start that Livia was faster than she was. How was she that fast? Livia started banging on the door, and the zombies began stumbling faster and moaning louder. Lucas' voice began to break, but he continued screaming and rasping. Kenz was surrounded by noise, and not the good kind. Not the kind her lyre could bring-

Crap. No. Crap.

Her lyre was currently sitting on the opposite side of camp. Completely out of her reach. Probably being destroyed by zombies.

You have got to be kidding me.

She whispered a multitude of Greek curses out of Lucas' earshot. She would simply have to make due without her lyre and hidden dagger. Hopefully, she would be able to go back for it. She slung the backpack off her back, threw her hand inside, and immediately regretted it.

Probably shouldn't thrown your hand into a bag with weapons inside, huh? Gods, you're even hanging out with an Athena kid. Couldn't that intelligence have rubbed off on you? No? Darn.

She cursed again, grabbed a slightly smaller dagger than what she was used to, and pulled her hand out. Blood leaked from a cut on her index finger, but she still rose her hand, ready to fight off any zombies that dared to mess with Lucas or Livia. She kicked the closest one in the chest, but it merely stumbled back and continued walking and moaning.

Please gods. Please. Let us live.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:47 pm

gods help me gods help me {Beanie} Tumblr_manz3384w81qdxxyt

Livia,

Livia felt more panicky than she had before. She was more upset and jumpy too.
“Faye!” She cried, tears streaming down her face now.
”Please! We’re going to die! Don’t leave us...

The zombies were slowly creeping closer, almost to the point where Liv could reach out and touch one. Livia wasn’t screaming anymore. She wasn’t crying either. Instead, Liv drew her sword and glanced at Kenz. She would fight.

Kenz, on the other hand, happened to be struggling to pull out a weapon from the backpack full of them. Livia thought that it was a little stupid for Kenz not to have taken a weapon out before, but Liv didn’t say anything. “Put the kid down you idiot..” Livia hissed. She knew that was a little mean, but Liv didn’t have time to be nice. She needed to save herself first.

Livia braced herself for what was coming next. Thank the gods she had her trusty sword by her side. She sliced one through with her sword, but instead of disintegrating, it just fell into a pile of bones. She hacked the next one to pieces, only to find that the first one had knitted itself back together again.
“How do you kill these things?” She screamed to Kenz.
Livia hoped that they would be let in soon. She couldn’t hold her own for much longer.
Back to top Go down
Evergreenf

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 9:43 am

As Kenz inspected her finger, she heard Livia's voice cut like a dagger through the darkness. She whirled around, staring the Athena camper straight in the eye.

"I'm sorry, have you been taking care of a kid for a year and a half? No? Didn't think so,"
she yelled, clutching Lucas closer to her. He was still watching the zombies, overcome with fear and speechless. He somehow knew that yelling for help wasn't going to work.

The reason that I can't let him go is that I'm afraid he's going to run. I can't let him run. He's not going to die on my watch. No. No.

No. She repeated the mantra in her head, staring the zombies down with hate in her eyes.

She swung the dagger a bit too low, but it still struck a zombie's ribcage with enough force to knock it down. She turned her attention to the next one, hacking and slashing it until it was just a pile of bones. Then, she heard a voice.

"Kinzie! It'th baaaaaaack!"

She tried to shush Lucas before noticing that it was back. The first skeleton was rising again, unfazed by her attack. She kicked it back, hearing Livia call through the darkness.

Oh, now you need my help? The idiot's help? Wow, don't I feel so loved.

"I don't know!"
She screamed through the darkness. She cringed as she moved her index finger on the dagger, feeling the blood trickle down the knife. A zombie took this opportunity to jump at her.

Suddenly, she was on her back, a pair of soulless eyes staring into her soul, a mouth reaching for her neck. She struggled against it, pushing back on its shoulders and reaching for the dagger that had flown out of her hand. The smell of decay made her reel back, closing her eyes and waiting for the inevitable. The zombie came closer... and closer...

And it stilled. And fell over. Its eyes dimmed, then completely vanished. Kenz looked at the side of its skull. A poison dart had blasted through its head, leaving a hole in its right temple. She looked over to Lucas, who had also flown out of her arms.

He held a poison dart shooter in his hand. He stared at the zombie, then back at Kenz, then at the zombie.

"Kinzie!" He yelled. Kenz rocketed to her feet, grabbing Lucas and her dagger. She gave a quick "Good job," to Lucas, then looked over at Livia. She seemed to be having a problem with the zombies.

"Aim for the heads! The heads!"
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 pm

Livia,

Livia was angry at Kenz, but instead of taking the anger out on her, Livia stabbed the zombies with more fury than before. She stabbed a zombie in the head, following Kenz’s instructions and dived before Kenz to get a zombie that Kenz had missed.
“The kid is blocking your aim. Put him down and hold his hand or something.” Livia’s voice sounded coarse; high pitched and different. Livia assumed that it was from screaming so much in the last several minutes.

They were going to die soon, Livia knew that. She had to find a way in the Ares cabin. Livia hacked and stabbed, not looking at what parts of the zombies she was hitting while she devised a plan. It would have to be zombie proof, that was for sure. The door was probably boarded up with planks and the windows locked... but zombies couldn’t pick locks, could they? Livia smiled a grim smile full of pain, one that she had never before seen cross her face and hoped she would never see again.
”Kenz! I’m going to pick the lock on the window! I’ll take the kid if you’ll cover me!” Livia shouted, finding new hope in this plan. She knew that she had only several seconds to do this, and so it would have to work perfectly. Livia hoped that she could pick a lock with only one hand. She had never done this before, but a new hope drove her forward.

“You have to trust me...”

~Sorry for such a late reply!~
Back to top Go down
Evergreenf

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 am

Kenz tried to listen to Livia, but it was nearly impossible, with all the zombies moaning around them. She caught glimpses of "pick the window" and "take the kid" and "cover me." She stole a glance back a Livia, seeing the earnestness in her eyes and that grim smile playing on her lips. Then she heard the fateful words,

"You have to trust me..."

She stabbed a zombie in the head with as much ferocity as she could muster, then handed Lucas over in a very sloppy manner. She hoped Livia wouldn't drop him.

"Okay! I'll cover you! Just hurry!" Her voice was also getting hoarse, likely from all the screaming. She slung her bag around to the front of her body, using it as a makeshift shield in case any zombies got too close. It seemed like, with only her blocking, Livia would have ten seconds at the max. She jumped in front of Livia, hacking at the nearest zombie and throwing a zombie limb into the middle of the horde as a decoy. It seemed to work on a few zombies, but the rest headed toward Kenz, hoping for fresher meat.

Kenz gulped. I'm the fresh meat, aren't I. She stabbed a zombie in the head and prayed as the mob got closer and closer.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:45 pm

gods help me gods help me {Beanie} Tumblr_m7dx70xNHx1rq82fy

Livia,

Liv’s hands shook as she carefully grabbed the child. She took a shaky breath and stabbed a zombie in the head. She would have to be quick. Faster than anything. Livia rushed towards the window, making sure that her backpack covered her back. She had seen Kenz do the same and figured that a bad shield would be better than no shield at all.

Livia didn’t bother praying to her mother. She was done praying to a goddess who didn’t answer back. This was her own life on the line. And if Athena couldn’t save her, Livia would just have to take it into her own hands.

Livia quickly placed Lucas on the wide windowsill. He was just small enough to sit without falling off. As Liv turned around, Kenz stepped in to cover her. She frowned. She would have to concentrate on getting in. Livia fumbled in the pocket of her cargo shorts for her swiss army knife.
“There...” she muttered as she pulled the knife out of her pocket. In one swift motion, Livia opened the nail file tool and placed it under the window. She whacked the knife several times until the window popped open wide enough to jam her finger under. She tried to close her pocket knife but the tool was broken.
”Damn it.” Livia, clutching Lucas again, stuck her fist underneath the window. With one arm, she pushed it up.  ”I’ve got it Kenz! We’re in!” Livia screamed at the top of her voice. She had never been so happy in her life. With one hand, Livia shoved Lucas in through the window. Livia then stuck her head in the window.
”It’s us! Demigods!” She whipped around, smacking her head as the groans became louder. She unsheathed her sword again.  ”You first.” Livia said to Kenz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gods help me gods help me {Beanie}   gods help me gods help me {Beanie} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gods help me gods help me {Beanie}
Page 1 of 1