Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private]   Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:40 am

Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private] Tumblr_lz06d8jmR61r4kfic

Kalina Nikolova, Daughter of Hyperion

Like the moon we borrow our light.
I am nothing but a shadow in the night,
So if you let me I will catch fire
To let your glory and mercy shine.

I was just sort of milling around Camp. Not doing anything too serious, just casually walking around. There wasn't anything to do, being honest. The sun was shining, the day was insanely warm, and Campers were out in their dozens, doing summery things. When I'd walked by the Lake, a load of them had been playing with one of those inflatable beach ball things, splashing around. Some Ares Campers were training in the Arena, and others were trying to beat the Climbing Wall. I myself hadn't been able to find anything which interested me. I didn't want to try the big Bouncy Supreme, I didn't want to try any of the Game Stalls or go to the Circus which had been set up. I was just content to walk around, stopping here and there to watch what others were doing, and then moving on.

This morning it had been pretty obvious the day was going to be good, so I'd worn short denim shorts, which were slightly worn from wearing them during training. My top was a black Paramore T-Shirt, with blue writing to go with my silver and blue star necklace and blue star earrings.
My shoes were super simple, blue converse trainers that were, thankfully, clean. Unlike most of my converse.

All in all, it looks like another depressing day where you'll do nothing. Cause you're way too pickey and decided that none of whats going on is for you...

I told you everything
Opened up and let you in
You made me feel alright
For once in my life ....

Almost absently, I turned to face the place I was walking past. The Amphitheater? Was it a dance show? Someone had chosen a really good song to dance too if that was the case. The person singing was really good. But no... from where I was standing I could see the stands. No one was in there. Had someone left the CD playing?
Well then, I'll just have to go turn it off...
Making my way into the Amphitheater, I started to dance, doing a couple twirls and really getting in to the rhythm of the music.

OOC: Lets get together and kill Faith yeaaaah
Clothes: Here
Theme: Born for This - Paramore
RP Partner/s: Sapphire <3
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private]   Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:05 am

Raziel huffed, dropping to the nearest seat. She twirled the microphone around her fingers as she glared at the sweatdropping Apollo boy fiddling with the electric guitar. The rest of the band seemed apprehensive - the drummer nervously played with his drumsticks, the bass and rhythm guitarists shifting uncomfortably as they threw quick and anxious glances at the lead, who tried to stand his ground under Raziel's scrutinizing gaze.

"Just one more time, Raz... I swear I'll nail it," pleaded the sandy-haired son of Apollo.

Raziel closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. After days of practicing, they still couldn't get this one song right. She was seriously beginning to doubt the credentials of their lead guitarist who swore he lived up to his father's name as the god of music. Heaving a resigned sigh, Raziel rose to her feet and pretended to study her mic.

"Fine," she said silkily. "But mark my words, Kellyn, one more screw-up and you will be fired."

Kellyn gulped when she gave him a falsely sweet look, completely getting the other meaning behind her words. Raziel smirked, turning the mic on and nodding her head to the beat as the instrument sounds blended in the air, sending her once again into the world she knew best.

They were at it for a few days now, being the band hastily put together for the summer's Music Festival. Raziel had to admit that her band-mates were good and she even said so in some of their practices, but some people tended to fall short of her expectations. Nevertheless, she had nothing against the rest of the band, even showering them with compliments after every practice and to be honest, she even considered the possibility of them warming up to each other and becoming friends. However, she couldn't ignore the fact that they were slightly bothered by her Titan lineage. Just the same old prejudice, she guessed. Some campers couldn't set those kinds of facts aside.

The first part of the song went rather well, much to Raziel's relief. Smiling, she waited for the cue and hoped that this would last. "I told you everything / Opened up and let you in / You made me feel alright / For once in my life..."

Raziel had only just started singing the second verse of the song when a surprising sight met her eyes. A girl had come wandering in the amphitheater, unabashed as she twirled and danced to the beat, apparently unaware that five pairs of eyes flickered to her. Raziel abruptly stopped singing, the rest of the music trailing off soon after. Instead, all of them were now staring at the dancing girl. Raziel was even gaping slightly, her brows so high up on her forehead that they almost disappeared behind her dip-dyed bangs.

coding and graphics by sapphire

ooc: crap i got carried away
hope you don't mind the length xD

Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private]   Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private] Tumblr_lz06d8jmR61r4kfic

Kalina Nikolova, Daughter of Hyperion

Like the moon we borrow our light.
I am nothing but a shadow in the night,
So if you let me I will catch fire
To let your glory and mercy shine.

I wonder if any kids are gonna be doing a dance show. More than likely. Maybe I should have found out before... could have volunteered. Ha. Volunteered and done what? Stood there doing nothing? Much too stage frightened to do anything of the sort.
That didn't stop my twirling and dancing to the beat of the music playing, given how there was no one around. A CD couldn't laugh. Neither could a Radio.
Wonder who was practicing to this. Some really good singer or dancer probably. How fun would it be to actually be able to do something like this-
My trail of thought was abruptly cut off as I spun again, and caught sight of people. People standing on the stage. Playing instruments. And a singer. I tried to stop my spin, and sort of stumbled, managing not to fall after some tense micro-seconds. Thank the Gods...

I straightened, and turned to the stage. Where yes, there were four guys. And a girl. Who was the singer. The very amazing singer who I had thought was a CD. The whole band... I'd thought had been a CD. And here I'd been twirling and dancing to the beat thinking I'd just go turn off the CD.
Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, did I just interrupt their practice I'm an idiot just kill me now get the firing squad what have I done I'm gonna be murdered crap, crap, crap, crap...

'Em...'
I tried to form some words, tried to say sorry. Course, the fact I could feel my face reddening and I was about to drop dead from the embarrassment didn't help matters. I'd just interrupted someone's practice session! I'd thought they were a CD! I'd just made a fool of myself dancing to the beat!
Well the sooner you get an apology out, the sooner they'll be able to start again and you can leave, the rational part of my brain whispered while at the same time trying to clear the rest of my mind and let me think straight.
Usually able to keep a calm demeanor... where's that gone? Come on, you've never done something like this before but surely you can think of something to say that won't sound incredibly stupid...
'I'm... so, so sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your practice session or anything,' There. That's a very good start. Now, maybe you could explain yourself? Maybe tell them why you were dancing like a fool and didn't even notice them, 'I thought... you guys were a CD. Cause you're so good, and I just heard you from outside, like I didn't look in, so I was thinking okay someone's left the CD Player on and maybe I should turn that off and I really didn't mean to interrupt.'
Yeah. Remember a couple moments ago? "That Won't Sound Incredibly Stupid.". That the hell was that? Blurting out everything in one go is not good...

OOC: Lets get together and kill Faith yeaaaah
Clothes: Here
Theme: Born for This - Paramore
RP Partner/s: Sapphire <3
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private]   Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:05 am

It was a few more moments before Raziel finally shut her partly open mouth. There was a snort behind her, followed by a short string of chuckles, and Raziel herself couldn't help but smirk at the now beet red girl who probably wished that she was anywhere but here. Not making any move to silence her softly laughing band-mates, Raziel stood there feeling amused at the girl's attempt to explain herself.

Biting the inside of her cheek to prevent the giggles that were building up in her throat, Raziel looked over her shoulder and addressed the group. "Well, I told you we were good," she said with a slight grin, although not without a pointed look at Kellyn. Poor kid. He finally managed to set himself straight only to get interrupted once again. And it wasn't even his fault this time. From the way his eyebrows scrunched up together and his lips twisted into a scowl, Raziel could tell that he wasn't the most amused person in the room.

Turning back to the girl, Raziel considered her for a few moments before speaking again. "Thank you for the compliment," she said a little too smugly, flashing her another smirk. "I guess we can forgive you for the interruption. I mean, it really was an entertaining dance, what you did." Someone snorted again. Probably the drummer, Gabby.

"Maybe next time you should look before you leap," Kellyn muttered grumpily, plucking a few strings at random.

"Now now, Kellyn darling," Raziel said silkily, "Just because she interrupted us doesn't give you the license to get all grumpy. Should I remind you how many times you ruined practice with your lousy playing?"

Forgetting about the newcomer for a split-second, Raziel snapped her fingers and watched as the son of Apollo nearly jumped back at the sight of the red-hot flame flickering from her unharmed thumb and forefinger. Her smirk widened. The joys of being a daughter of Hyperion.

coding and graphics by sapphire
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private]   Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everybody Sing Like Its The Last Song You Will Ever Sing [Private]
Page 1 of 1