Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

sing a song only i can hear (kay)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Empty
PostSubject: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:20 pm

cassia talbot

Cass sat at the shore of the half-frozen lake. Her coat was wrapped tightly around her shoulders, and her curly hair blew across her face. Her knees were tucked under her chin. Dark brown eyes surveyed the shore. You couldn't even tell the sun existed, and it felt to Cass as if the skies were an endless expanse of pale grey. Freezing rain began to fall, and she winced at the feeling of it on her face. Her combat boots grazed the surface of the thin ice. The rain fell harder, and she pulled out her old, ratty polka-dot umbrella.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:49 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_n2r8h2Mc2a1qlgooao1_r1_250

Feeling incredibly lost, Val wondered around the camp trying to find his way back to his half-siblings. The weather wasn't helping either. His warm green jacket wasn't made for the winter, so he was freezing and a bit wet, and his lenses were covered in water spots. He paused by the lake and took his glasses off to clean the water off of them. After he put them back on, he noticed a polka-dot umbrella. "Hello? Is someone there or am I hallucinating?" he called jokingly to the person holding the umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 pm

cassia talbot

Cass raised her umbrella, surprised. She was usually the only one there when there wasn't a canoe race. "Well, I would hope you weren't hallucinating." She couldn't see much of the person, but could see a faint reflection of the lake in their glasses. If Cass had to guess, she'd say it was a boy, going by the voice.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:10 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_m9t290GbIM1r7upxy

Val pushed his glasses up on his nose and decided to investigate. He walked closer to the umbrella to see the source of the feminine voice for himself. His long, black hair was flat because of the freezing rain and Val was not amused that it kept falling in his face. When he could see the girl properly he stopped. "I would too. Hallucinating isn't usually considered a good thing, but hallucinating you wouldn't be so bad. What's your name, beautiful?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:20 pm

cassia talbot

Cass chuckled. "Nice try, handsome. I'm Cass. What brings you here on such a lovely day?" She held the umbrella out, so it partially covered both of them. He was nice-looking, but she really wasn't interested in anyone romantically. "It can't be the scenery." She got the feeling he saw himself as a ladies' man. She gave a small snort, and a quiet laugh.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:44 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_lwqfnnAnYu1r00trmo6_250

He sighed and gave the stranger a smile that practically said 'eh, oops'. "I am terribly lost. I swear I've been walking around for hours with no idea where the rest of my cabin is," Val stated. His smile turned into a more charming one and he said, "I'm Valentinus Summers, but you can call be Val." As much as he hated the name, he knew some girls thought that his name sounding like valentine was cute helped him get dates, so he liked to mention his full name at the beginning of a conversation, and roll his eyes at it for the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 pm

cassia talbot

"Valentinus Summers, huh? Try saying that five times fast." She rolled her eyes at his charming smile. "You can sit here as long as you want, just don't try anything, ladies' man." The rain began to calm down, and she closed her umbrella. She pulled her long, curly hair back into a haphazard braid. She wondered what her brother was doing. Whatever it was, it probably involved some sarcastic remark. She smiled and shook her head at the thought of her dumb twin brother.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 3:08 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_m8fujjJxDk1r3yp7xo2_250

"You have no idea how many times people have told me that, the part about the ladies' man, not the name thing. Girls usually say, 'Like valentine?' and I usually respond, 'Yeah, but with an us at the end, which is how today will end too, with us on a date'," Val joke. "I won't use that on you though, because you're way too cool for that." His eye color softened slightly, turning to more of a brown than the steely gray they were before.
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 3:55 pm

cassia talbot

Cass was still more than a little suspicious. "I'm too cool for that?" He seemed like an okay person. But there was something a little off about him. "Have you ever even talked to a girl who wasn't your half-sister without flirting?" She wanted to get to know him,  but not in a romantic way. Zeus knows, she could use more friends. "So, what's your story?"
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 4:12 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_lzz0wnKkRR1r8qh7uo2_250

His smile faltered and his eyes turned back to their steely color. He didn't want to talk about his past. Sure, it wasn't as bad as some kids at this camp, but it wasn't fun either, and he didn't like to think about it more than he had to. But, his guard went back up moments after it faltered and his grin was back, if only half as enthusiastic as before. "You don't want to hear that lame story. Why would you ask that anyway? I'm not nearly as interesting as you are, beautiful," he said jokingly, but there was an obvious undertone of 'I would rather not discuss this with someone I just met thank you' to it.
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 4:25 pm

cassia talbot

A pang of guilt made its way through Cass. She completely understood why he wouldn't want to tell her. She didn't have the prettiest of pasts, either. "Me, interesting? I would think you're talking about someone else if we weren't the only ones here." Personally, Cass felt she was quite boring. She could fight fairly well, and she could maybe be a good leader someday. But she wasn't good at small talk, or general conversation really. Friends weren't her thing. There were people who wanted to be her friend, yet she rebuffed them all the time. Maybe it was time to stop that.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 4:47 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_lwqfnnAnYu1r00trmo4_250

"A pretty girl like you is far more interesting than me, the wet dog," Val stated, shaking his head like a dog. She was right about the not really talking to any girl but his half sister without flirting. After doing it for years, he wasn't sure how to stop. He didn't know how to get close to anyone either, which was why he usually went after girls who wouldn't want to stay with him for very long. Val just didn't know how to trust. "Would you say I'm as cute as a dog?"
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 4:56 pm

cassia talbot

"Maybe an old one you see, on the street, sure.", she joked. She didn't really like being flirted with, it was an odd experience. "But seriously, dude, flirting should not be your go-to response. That's not gonna get you anywhere." She put her hand on Val's shoulder. "Being nice doesn't necessarily involve romance at all."
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 5:39 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_inline_ng7s923Xt81sggcf2

Val laughed, though it was lined with bitterness. "Is that so? I must not have gotten the memo," he stated, looking down. Flirting was one of the only things that got him attention in the last few years. It was less destructive and had more positive outcomes than causing trouble, so he liked doing it. It might not be the best way of communicating, but it worked for him most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 5:54 pm

cassia talbot

Hearing his voice laced with bitterness, Cass winced. Oh, Cass, why do you always ruin everything? "I know how hard it can be to break a habit. But it is always worth it in the end. Trust me..." She closed her eyes, trying not to remember her father's addiction.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 6:26 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_inline_ng7s9o8NNy1sggcf2sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_inline_ng7s9w88F91sggcf2

Val closed his eyes and took a deep breath. After a few moments he said, "... So you're not falling for my charm?" He said it in a joking, almost teasing tone that he hoped made it clear that he had calmed down and wasn't really angry at her or anything. Deep down he was thankful that she didn't seem interested in him. He could use someone in his life that wasn't a sibling or a short term girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 6:38 pm

cassia talbot

She laughed. "Is that what you call charm?",she joked. The clouds were lessening, and Cass could see hints of blue sky, and even a patch of sunlight peeking out from between the clouds. With a serious look on her face, she grabbed his hand. "Maybe we can cure you of this terrible addiction." Her straight face disappeared as she began quietly laughing.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 pm

sing a song only i can hear (kay) Tumblr_inline_ng7s9hnLxW1sggcf2

Val laughed too. "I wouldn't call it an addiction. It's barely even a habit! It's just how I talk to girls," Val argued jokingly. "Besides, it's given girls confidence to know a guy would be interested enough to flirt with her, even though I don't always mean it... not that I didn't mean it with you or anything." He quickly corrected himself, not wanting Cass to be insulted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sing a song only i can hear (kay)   sing a song only i can hear (kay) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sing a song only i can hear (kay)
Page 1 of 1