Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A child of Ares in a Library?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

A child of Ares in a Library? Empty
PostSubject: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Brian Jackson/ Son of Ares

Books, the gateway to infinite knowledge. Libraries are the halls which the gateways reside many come to this hall to read books. If books are for knowledge so why was there a child of Ares here. One did not need a book to learn how to swing a sword or to fire a arrow, that usually came with experience. The child walked into the library wearing the standard camp Halfblood tee shirt. Going to one of the shelves and picked up the first book that pique his interest. On the cover showed a warrior covered in armor and said one word, "ARES". The boy who was only 16 years of age cracked open the book and began to read.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Walking along the shelves of the library, Amaranta sighed, her eyes flicking through the books. Nothing really new. The satyress frowned, plucking a book from the shelf, flipping it open. Brown hair fell over one of her shoulders, her camp tee shirt tied up over her navel, exposing a navel ring. Shorts sat low on her hips, a little of the fur showing on top of them, showing where the goat legs started. Her hooves and nails were painted red. Looking over, she raised her eyebrow at one of the campers, seemingly an Ares boy. "Reading up on your dad?"
Back to top Go down
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Brian Jackson/ Son of Ares

Brian looked up giving his default scowl. Before softening it up at the sight of the satyr. It wasn't something he did on purpose but more so it was just a habit. Living in NY most people where he lived had a definite look that told others to back off. Unfortunately since Brian was still new at the camp he still had the same mentality and the same habits he kept when he was outside the camp. At the words of the satyr Brian adjusted his glasses and sighed, "Yeah, I guess you could say he is my dad... As much as I hate to admit it..."
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 pm

"That's a new one. A son of Ares who doesn't like him. Most of your siblings roar about it." She put the book away, walking over. "What kind of book you looking for? I've been in camp since I was born. I know this library like my own hoof." She smiled good-naturedly. The Satyress leaned on the shelf, looking at him curiously. "Where are you from?"
Back to top Go down
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:47 pm

"Well I am not my siblings." Brian spat the scowl returning to his face. He wasn't that big of a reader of greek mythology so he didn't know much about Ares or any god for that matter. Realizing that he had a scowl on his face he quickly readjusted himself "Sorry, just never been comfortable with the idea of my absent parent being a god." Sighing and running his hand through his hair which was black and not long at all. "I'm from Virginia but I moved to New York at a young age. SO what was it like growing up here?" Brian asked trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 am

"Tough. I was born, my parents ditched, I was raising myself. At least, that's what I figure. I never knew them. Maybe I sprouted from a shrub or something. " she grinned at him. "I've never been outside of the camp. I'm going to start going to start demi-god protection this year. What's your mom like?" she asked, trying to push the conversation away from his father. She had a pretty face, and nice smile, but some people had issues with the legs. Didn't matter how pretty and nice you were if you had goat legs!
Back to top Go down
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:11 am

"My mother? she was a strong woman raised me by herself till I was nine then she married my stepfather." Brian smiled. It was a genuine smile like remembering a fond memory. "Those two made me into the man I am today. They even protected me from the monsters before I knew who or what I was." Brian laughed. "And a demigod protection how would that work?"
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:20 am

"That sounds awesome. I know some demigods come in without parents. You should write them if they're still around." Ama passed him a book on Ares. "Satyrs go out in disguise as humans, mine is a wheelchair, and we keep an eye on demigods who don't know they're demigods yet. Then we try to bring them here safely. It's dangerous, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, but I've denied my life as a true satyr for a long time." The satyress grabbed another book, moving to sit in a chair near the window, motioning to the one across from it. Tucking her legs over the arm, she opened the book to read. "So, how do you like camp so far?"
Back to top Go down
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:26 am

Moving to a chair by Ama, Brian opened his book on Ares and sighed, "It's ok... I guess... it's different from where I'm from. Alot less danger here..." Brian said as if it was a bad thing. "I mean don't get me wrong this place isn't bad just not what I expected." Brian grinned making sure there was no misunderstandings. "So why have you denied your inner satyr" Brian asked trying not to look at Ama's legs.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:42 am

Amaranta chuckled. "Just wait til you get to training. It's hard work, and you'll be in plenty of danger with your siblings." The satyress waved her leg a bit as she read. But as he mentioned her denying her inner satyr, she stopped, looking a little distant for a moment. But after some time, she nodded, as if deciding to share. "I'm the first female satyr you've seen, right? We're kinda rare, and often have to compete with nymphs and demi-goddess' for attention romantically. If you're a teenage guy, and you have to choose between a girl with normal legs and a pretty face without much effort, and a girl who has goat legs, no matter how pretty she is, very few will choose the goat legs." She said, smiling, shrugging. "For a long time, that bothered me. I guess I thought if I denied the satyr in me, my legs would go normal. I eventually realized I'm beautiful, and if some dumb teen boys can't see that, then screw em."
Back to top Go down
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:35 am

Brian sighed, "I wonder about that.." Brian thought for a moment. His hand came up to his chin and his fingers rubbed his chin. "Your right, I haven't seen many female satyrs around here in the camp even the one who brought me here was a male. Your also right, that most people would go for normal legs at first, but the beauty you once craved was only skin deep, the most important beauty at least to me is the one in here" Brian pointed to his chest. "but your also right about the fact that you are beautiful."

When he said the word 'Beautiful' Brian looked directly into Ama's eyes to prove he wasn't lying. Brian sighed when he was finished, man he's only been here for one day and he was already trying to cheer people up, people he just met no less. Sighing he realized that he was sounding just like his stepfather which made him smile slightly. Looking down at the book he frowned. He couldn't read english well so he closed the book and walked back to the shelves to find the greek version.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:09 pm

"That's sweet. I wish you'd been around when I was still having an identity crisis. I'm over it now, thank the Gods." She laughed, smiling sweetly. Adjusting herself, she yawned, reading her book slowly. "I don't know why there's so few female satyrs. Probably something to do with nymph and satyr relations. I've never seen a male nymph, that might be interesting." she grinned. "Maybe he'd think I was hot by instinct." With a deep laugh, she leaned back, closing her eyes. Maybe she'd figure more out about herself out in the world. The camp was stifling her, and leaving her too worried about the outside and not what was in. The kid was right. Guess it was time to start figuring it out.
Back to top Go down
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Coming back to the table Brian shrugged."That's the kind of guy my father raised me to be." Brian found the book he was looking for and sat back down. Brian opened his book which was much easier to read. After hearing her talking about her nymph and satyr relationship Brian responded, "Don't know, probably.... may have to study a bit more into that..." Brian began to read the first sentence about ares in his head. ARES was the great Olympian god of war, battlelust, civil order and manly courage. In Greek art he was depicted as either a mature, bearded warrior dressed in battle arms, or a nude beardless youth with helm and spear. Because of his lack of distinctive attributes he is often difficult to identify in classical art.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:41 pm

The satyress smiled, shrugging. "Where would we even start? I've been up and down this library many times. I'm hoping I learn more as I journey the world." She grinned, stretching. "Maybe I'll go to Paris. It's supposed to be beautiful there." Amaranta hummed, reading her book curiously, peeking at him occasionally.
Back to top Go down
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Brian continued to read his book for a moment before responding, "I would say, start at the source but I don't think finding the god of satyrs and nymphs would be so easy" He said not looking up from the book. After a brief pause he continued. "Paris, I heard that its one of the most beautiful places in the world. It would be a pretty cool place to be... " Continuing to read he sighed. It sounded like the girl had her next destination planned out, he on the other hand would be stuck here until he could really fend for himself.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:07 pm

"Hm, maybe! Anyhow, good luck with your book and figuring out your heritage." Ama swung her legs over, standing and bringing the book up to borrow. "See you later." She offered a wave, and with that walked out. She had some work to do.
Back to top Go down
MrShadowblademaster

MrShadowblademaster

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm

"Alright see ya," Brian said still reading. "Hope you find what your looking for." Brian turned the page and continued to read until he finished the book, then he placed the book on the shelve and walked back to his cabin. He still had a lot to learn before he could think about leaving the camp.

[EXIT]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A child of Ares in a Library?   A child of Ares in a Library? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A child of Ares in a Library?
Page 1 of 1