Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Library

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

The Library Empty
PostSubject: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:30 pm

The Library Amazing_odd_interesting_funny_4_200907240103356081

The Library is newly finished. The outside gleams with its tall, white marble walls, while the inside, has a breath taking amount of books. Half of the Library is in Greek, while the other half in is other languages (English, Spanish, French etc.)
The ceiling has majestic paintings of the Olympians as well as a beautiful stained glass scenery that casts colorful glows on the floor and illuminates the inside of the Library in rich colors.
There are tall, mahogany bookshelves that reach almost all the way up to the ceiling. There are rolling ladders beside every book case, making it easy to reach the books you desire.
On the left side of the library are the books translated into Greek. There are the normal books you would find in any library. Fiction (Harry Potter, Twilight and other popular books), Nonfiction (such as scientific books, history books, as well as a section on Greek Mythology), and other various sections for research and other subjects.
On the right side of the library are books that are split up by language. English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese and Japanese, as well as other areas with smaller selections. Each section is split up the same (by type: Poetry, Fiction, Nonfiction etc.) This side is less popular among half-bloods, due to their dyslexia.
On the far left of the Library is an area that campers can sit and read. There are various chairs, couches and tables that are quite comfortable. Beside the sitting area is the front desk, where you go to check out and return books.
On the far right of the Library is the research area. There are different cubicles with desks, chairs, desk lamps and other necessities for studying. There are a few computers, but they are quite old and out dated, due to their lack of use.
Overall, it is a beautiful Library full of information and knowledge for all ages.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Hale Drem:

As he entered the library, Hale breathed in deeply. The air smelt like books and old people, but combined, it was a very pleasant smell. Hale, being new to the whole "education/education smell," wasn't ready for the strong and overwhelming smell that hit his nostrils, but he did enjoy breathing in several times more.

As Hale looked around, he realized hardly anyone else was there. Was that common for a library? Hale didn't quite understand how a place could be almost empty, but he did respect it. After all, he was normally stuck in a crowded room, or the most popular cabin in Camp Half Blood, so this break from the crowd was a pleasant one.

Heading straight for the teen literature, Greek section, Hale grabbed all seven Harry Potter books and struggled to carry them over to the checkout counter. He set the books down with a sigh, and they landed loudly on the wooden table. He started to scan them, but stopped when he heard a noise coming from behind him.

"Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:58 pm

The Library SonofLeucothea
G R I F F I N || [bryce] || S A W Y E R;; Pontos

Griffin poked his head into the Library, glancing about with mild curiosity. 'Hmm...pretty nice place,' he thought. The teen stuffed his hands in his jeans. He wore a v-neck t-shirt and one of his favorite black vests. Griffin has a slight obsession with vests, only gray or black ones though.
Griffin turned as he heard a voice. He gave the boy a nod, recognizing him as the Apollo cabin leader. "Hey.." he said. Griffin blew a bit of his dark brown hair from his face as he examined the library. It was pretty cool, he had to admit. And it seemed to be one of the only places in camp where some of the teens weren't sucking face.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=33165081
Back to top Go down
daughterofzeus16

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:12 am

Lillianna walked into the library and gasped.

"Wow! I must be dead!" she said to herself. She loved books so much that it was almost an obsession. She went over to the Greek History section but she tripped over something and she fell, bringing down a table and resulting in a crash. Luckily, there was nothing on the table and Lillianna wasn't injured. She did feel a bit sore, though.

"Ow." she said under her breath and tried getting up but her arms were really sore and were probably bruising really badly.
Back to top Go down
Thalia Rose Grace

Thalia Rose Grace

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:19 am

I had been looking at books on werewolves. I loved to read about them. They were so interesting. I could also relate to them. I found one but it was on a shelf a little bit too high for me. I stretched and stretched to get it. My fingertip had just touched it when I fell on the ground. I made a loud noise because I tried to grab a hold of the book shelf. When I did, books went flying out with me. I hadn't noticed the boy at the check out table.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 am

The Library Untitled-1-3
Cassie l Krest [daughter of Demeter; goddess of the Harvest]

Cassie walked into the new library, immediately feeling like she was back at home with her father. There were books everywhere, and several college aged kids studying. It was exactly like OSU, except without her father, and without the real sense of home. There was even that book smell that Cassie loved. Whenever she had a book, she would flip the pages quickly and the air would rush to her face. That air always had a smell, and it smelled like this library.

Heading towards the Spanish section, Cassie bumped into a boy around her age. Jumping back, she was quick to apologize. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to run into you! I was heading to the Spanish section." Cassie pointed to a section of shelves just beyond where the two were standing. "I'm Cassie," she quickly added, sticking out her hand.
Back to top Go down
Thalia Rose Grace

Thalia Rose Grace

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:42 am

I stood up and sighed at my mess. I started to pick up all the books. I carefully put them back in their spots and stood up. I looked up at the book I wanted and sighed again. It was too far to reach and I knew that there was no way I could climb up to get it. I peeked around a shelf of books and looked at she service counter. No one was there. 'Figures', I thought to myself. I walked around the shelves to see if I could find a ladder to use. I saw a book layed out on the ground and shook my head in dismay. I hated when people misused books. I bent down to pick it up and put it away. Then I saw a pair of feet appear in front of me. I glanced up and saw the most beautiful pair of eyes I had ever seen. Those beautiful eyes were attached to a very attractive boy. I picked up the book and blushed for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:38 am

Griffin jumped a bit as the girl bumped into him. He turned to face her. His rich, sapphire blue eyes studied her a moment before he shook her hand. "I'm Griffin. And it's nice to meet you," he said. Griffin had always been rather polite, since his foster parents had raised him that way.
Griffin let his thumbs hook into the loops of his jeans. "I could help you with your Spanish...my family spent a few months off the coast of Spain. When you're down there and you have to learn the language, you start to catch on pretty quickly," he explained. Griffin smiled, arching his thick eyebrows as he waited for the girl's response.

ooc: Thalia, your post isn't directed at Griffin, my character, is it?
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:30 pm

The Library Bridgitmendlerpic

Maddison couldn't believe her eyes. So many books! It was like a dream come true. "No way!" she said in awe. "This is amazing!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:18 pm

The Library Untitled-1-3

Cassie blushed at pushed her bangs to the right. For once, they were out of her eyes, and she could see everything around her. At Griffin's offer, Cassie had to smile anxiously. It would be great to take a lesson or two from this boy. He was actually really cute, and Cassie hadn't hung out with any guys in a long time.

"That would be great,"
she replied, pushing her hair behind her ears. She looked down, then looked up again, her face bright red. "And it's nice to meet you, too." Cassie couldn't help but wonder what kind of future she had with this boy. I mean, they could really be friends. Spanish was know to draw people together. Okay, maybe it wasn't, but Cassie was willing to look past that.

"I'm warning you, though, I'm pretty bad at Spanish. My dad didn't teach Spanish, nor did he teach in Spain."
Cassie smiled brightly, her face lighting up and the red fading back to a pale white. If he was willing to deal with someone who knew little to no Spanish, than Cassie was willing to let him teach her.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Griffin chuckled lightly, nodding his head. "You'll have to bare with me though...I won't be able to read anything not written in Greek very well. But I can help you by speaking," he explained. Griffin had a strong case of dyslexia, much stronger than other campers. Therefore, he could only read things in Greek without getting a headache. "And I doubt they have a Spanish book written in Greek. It'd be pretty redundant," he noted. Griffin gently placed a hand on her shoulder, patting her a few times before he started towards the Spanish area of the library. He glanced back at her a moment, almost tripping over a rug on the ground as he got distracted. Griffin gave a sheepish laugh, smoothing out the rug with his foot. "I..umm...yeah.." he mumbled, attempting to explain his trip. 'That was intelligent..' he thought, inwardly scolding himself. Griffin awkwardly cleared his throat and continued forward.
He stopped as he reached the Spanish section. He noticed there were a few chair a ways away, so he walked over, picking up one chair at a time and moving them closer to the bookshelves.

ooc: Aw. 8D I'm really starting to like Griffin's character.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:36 pm

The Library Untitled-1-3

Watching Griffin from behind, Cassie giggled. He was actually quite humorous to watch, but she was sure her trip had been just as laughable. After all, she had run into someone, while he had only dented the rug.

Pretending to be cool and collected, Cassie followed to boy, understanding hitting her. "Is your dyslexia bad?" she asked. Soon after asking, though, she realized the question was probably too personal. "Never mind, you don't have to answer that. My dyslexia is pretty minor, because I grew up around books, but the doctor said that if I stopped reading as much as I do, then it could easily become severe." Cassie, after realized she was talking too much, shut her mouth and sat down.

"I probably learn better by being taught, rather than by reading, anyway. I'm sure that you taking me through it would be more helpful, but, I apologize in advance if I get distracted. I have a minor case of ADD." Cassie smiled sweetly at Griffin, her blue eyes sparkling as the light hit them strangely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Library   The Library I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Library
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: