Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

uh read blah

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

uh read blah  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:55 am

Does anyone have any problems with the paragraph for me to post on tumblr?
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 pm

So I don't mean to be a jerk but i think inactive mods need to be flushed out.

It may benefit you to create a twitter/tumblr/facebook to advertise

I cannot stress how important active staff is. And not just active as in getting online.

Imo CLs should be wiped. Currently they're dead weight and we haven't the means to refill with active members. At that rate every member would be staff.

There's loads and loads and loads in the suggestion box. Use it.

Even if nothing big is planned it doesn't hurt to keep your plot threads active and do unofficial events just to keep things from sputtering out entirely--we're very close to death and everyone knows it. Other sites too.

Return to doing monthly events like fanfic and lottery. Even if nobody joins there's at least an option to do something. personally i think if enough emphasis was put on advertising them at least one or two people would join but hey who knows? But you have events to fall back on if nothing else.

Hold little personal contests like Saph. You all have drachmas or art or coding or whatever capabilities. Do something with it. Make the prize something you have to offer.

Input new things on the site. Maybe a limited edition item in the drachma shop? Or make quest easier to obtain for the time being. Or make olympus or something open to rp with. We're a structured site but that's not to say things can't be switched up a little.

Mods and admins, set aside time to spend on the site--even if it's hslf an hour where you just check the chb tab while perusing tumblr. Let your account sit in chat and lure people there. Nobody likes going into dead chat, so nobody goes in without others being there and it's a circle of inactivity. Get on regardless of if other are, and some may follow.

I agree that CHB needs a refresh. Flush out the inactive and give something to the actives worth staying for. You have the material to do it, it's just a matter of sitting and getting it done.

And members? If you don't want the site to die, get active. Push your own events through. Make your desires known. Sit in chat. Rp. Get involved in events. Actively voice your opinion in the suggestion box. Even a perfect staff will fail if the members are not active. Everybody shoulders some blame in CHB's current predicament. If you don't wanna see it whither then y'all need to work hand in hand and act. Talk is great but worthless without substance behind it.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Tumblr created!
http://camphalfbloodpromo.tumblr.com

I'll take charge of the lottery and we can get started right away. (Perhaps we should have a special custom graphic or drawing as a prize + the money)

One of the problems is that we only have 2 admins who can do the drachma transactions and wipe the cabin leaders and that's one of the reasons why it isn't getting done
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Actually, as Sapphire said, we do get new members who join everyday. Its how we get them to stay and bookmark the site in that crucial period of three days.

I suggest monthly awards such as 'most active rper', or 'most found in chatbox', 'rper with the most number of ridiculously long posts' (which could be switched around monthly) and such that's basically like the superlatives but with drachma prizes also to keep members active. And also, there could be rules saying that someone cannot win more than two events a month.

By the way, uhm I think we should clear out the groups a bit. Its pretty messy. Some admins are still listed as mods, etc, and the huntress group is kind of taking up space since there are just three out of thousands of members and none of them actually wear the colour lmao.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

uh read blah
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2