Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

uh read blah

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:53 am

Uhm guys, we have to start doing something. Get a team together or something, this is pretty much all talk no do. D:

We really need to start advertising. Like do the google thing to have this site up on the first page of the search. Events don't work unless there are active members to participate.

I suppose we could have an event for members to invite people to earn drachmas? And do a cabin leader/rank sweep to get active CLs and Mods. The CL voting has been long long overdue ._.

I think we should also clear out the face claim thing too. Members who have not been active for over a year/half a year without a stated hiatus will have theirs reset. Talking about hiatuses, we need a special thread/forum for that, so we can track who has left and who is just temporarily gone.

We could also get rid of accounts that haven't been active for two years etc. We could also clear out the threads a bit, and freshen up the homepage - maybe categorise the stuff.

I'd suggest we affiliate/link with other CHB sites - where they'll stick our link on their page, and we'll stick theirs on ours.

I don't know, its probably summer already and the activity level isn't rising. This site can't just die. D:

And I'll help however I can.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:53 am

(is anyone else seeing a weird posting box? it's all white and strange)

It would be cool to have more members coming from different places. Maybe sites in different fandoms too. What we could do is create a list of different roleplay sites, and staff could look through them and see if they're the type of site we'd want to be affiliated with, and contact them about advertising eachother. 

There's also sites like ATF that have roleplay advertisement areas, I think? There are a lot of ways we could do this. 
:)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:51 am

(well yes I do, Zelly. what's this :o)

We also need to have affiliation. Like, we would advertise at other sites, and they could advertise in our site, too. I agree what Zelly had said. But could we have a group of people for this? 

For the other things, all I could say was, we need to wait (as Zan said before), wait until more members get actually active before we could do a CL wipe.

Or maybe start anew? A refresh of the site?
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:57 am

(Zelly, were you messing with the format? XD)
Nah, I don't think we have to wait. Elections are soon, and their terms are up.

Maybe someone could create some cool graphic that we could post on all of our other sites (Tumblr, deviantart, etc.) advertising our site.

Last edited by Bean on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 am

( Omg ew no this is hard to see whatever colour I'm gonna post with alkjf;laksdjf canyoupleasenotmeddleomg-begs- D: chbneedstostayblack )

Anyway we could try affiliating with other percy jackson roleplay sites first. So we get roleplayers with a similar style of roleplaying and similar interest. I'd actually suggest .org because we kind of know each other from there or something. :D And I suppose having roleplayers from harry potter rp sites would be okay too.

But we could put this all in private or something because it wouldn't do for everyone out there to see our discussion :3

Uhm I think we should draw the line at starting anew. We simply don't have the time and people to do that. Cher suggested it before, but we couldn't (or didn't) really do anything except discuss and discuss and discuss.

By the way, I don't think we should be waiting anymore. This year seems to be different from the previous years. Its like there's something wrong with the seasons or something. o_O I've seen this is other sites too. People are just becoming inactive and it doesn't matter the season because I don't think this year's summer break will get us significantly more active users. The longer we wait, the lesser members there are gonna be and the deader this site will get. Take action yo.

The thing is, Bean, I hope we have enough people here to participate in the elections :/

Whelp I wouldn't mind creating multiple banners to help etc.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:21 am

I'll move the topic into the mod forum.
Also, the new layout is really messing everything up because it doesn't listen to basic html like the [*color] stuff and my posts turn out black and I can't change it.

But I asked my dad (he is a pretty good programmer) and he says that he might be able to fix it, so I'll ask him to check it out later.

(also, I think just getting it out there that we are a PJO rping site and want new members is important)
And I think we can get a lot of inexperienced or less active members from tumblr who want a site that they can learn to rp on because the tumblr rps are hard to join and stay on.

Okay, so on our to-do list is:
-Banners to post on other websites
-talk to .org and other PJO websites
-getting rid of inactive cl (Staff members could fill in for inactive members until the elections)
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

The thing with org is that they strictly don't allow advertising on their boards. Even PMing links to other sites or putting links in signatures are against the rules, as far as I know.

What do you mean by private? As in moving it to one of the staff boards or something..? I suppose someone can move this to Chat if you don't want guests to see it, but I don't see anything wrong with the members seeing this and freely giving input.

To be honest I'm losing faith in us. :/ like what Summer said it's all talk and no do.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:28 am

You'll need to click on the change format thing on the top right.

Hmm yep that list seems to cover everything ^^ Except I don't think we'd need to fill the slots for the time being because nobody is actually active in the cabins rofl

Yep, tumblr would be a good place to start. Is Cher still around? We could ask her.

We could also set up a more official mentoring system, to instil a sense of duty for the current members and so they'd have a reason to stay and roleplay. It would also make the lives of the newer members easier and they wouldn't get chomped on that much. Probably.

Not members, the other site owners rofl. Its like we're blatantly discussing which sites to choose to affiliate with? Oh and if we speak with the admins they could add affie slots and that wouldn't be really breaking the rules at all.

Uhm Mod forum I can't discuss too? D:

And no don't lose faith. We haven't failed yet. We'd only fail if we no longer try.

Last edited by Summer on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:44 am

"Not members, the other site owners rofl." - what are you going to do about those members here who are also owners/admins of another site? xD

The mentor system already put up is pretty much official. It's just filled with sorta inactive members right now? Just put up a new list I guess.

I'm still in the process of losing faith. It's not entirely lost.

On a side-note, I'm actually planning on hosting a drachma giveaway event to help encourage roleplaying and stuff. Zelly already approved but I still have to wait for Zan's go signal (although I don't think she has been on since I PMed her).
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:47 am

Psh they understand our dilemma. Can't say that for outsiders though.

Its not official because there are so many random comments and it clogs up the whole thread. There isn't a clear list.

Well, don't. Things like that will become a habit. They stack. And not nicely like pancakes.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:49 am

As I said, put up a new list then. (although now that it has been brought up I can't find the mentors topic)

I can't help it. I've seen so many things here that have been discussed and yet never come to light/fail.

edit: oh found it. in the rules section.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:56 am

Mmm. Let's just get new members first. One step at a time. Let's not bite off more than what we can chew.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:12 am

Just gonna reiterate here what I told Summer in chat:

"this site gets new members in a daily basis. what we need is something to make them stay."

edit: slightly off-topic, but this is why the posting box thing changed.

Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:21 am

I suppose to solve that we'd need quality mods, new admin, and active cabin leaders to promote roleplay in cabins. That's the first step to hosting interesting events/activities.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm going to go make a sign-up list for doing stuff. 

AND we only have 2 active admins, so I think we should promote some more people to be part of the staff.

I'm going to make a banner, and do you guys want to make one too?
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:40 pm

-raises hand- I can help with the banners. And promoting stuff, too. Volunteering here. :D
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 pm

uh read blah  Chb-banner_zpscea9dc8d

This thing works better on a white background though.

uh read blah  Chb-bannerw_zps94e783ff

Last edited by Summer on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:25 pm

And this works on a black background:
uh read blah  Chb-banner2DARK2_zps5e30036e

This works on a pure white one:
uh read blah  Chb-banner2LIGHT_zps42175f73

This is how hideously it looks when its transparent on a black background:
uh read blah  Chb-banner2_zps6a23660c

Btw the last two are the same banners.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Y'know, we should have something to give newbies a reason to stay. Just random roleplaying is not enough. A lot of sites offer that.

As mentioned earlier, the mentor list should be reset. Most of the people who signed up a long time ago don't get on much anymore. Members will be more reluctant to leave the site if they have friends here and the mentor list would encourage that, especially in newbies.

Zelly, if you're reading this, can you give me permission to launch the event now? It could further boost member activity (more specifically in newbies I think) especially with people possibly joining.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:20 pm

One of the reasons that I want to put out there is that you don't have to audition to rp or get a part. You can be any skill level and we won't kick you out if you are inactive.

That'll get a lot of members from tumblr who aren't super experienced or active enough to get onto a tumblr rp.

I'm writing up a little paragraph of reasons why you should join.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:58 pm

HERE IT IS (it will be nicely spaced out, but I am lazy):

We are a Percy Jackson role-playing website that is looking for new members.
We are centered in forumotion, so there are no complex side blogs or blog roleplaying
We accept all skill levels. Everyone is welcomed, from experienced roleplayers to people who have no experience.
You don’t have to audition to get in. As long as their character is accepted, anyone is allowed to roleplay.
We offer a comfortable, accepting environment for making friends and hanging out as well as developing writing skills.
Although we do have canon characters (characters that are mentioned in the Percy Jackson books), we are mainly based on OC. The plot doesn’t center around specific characters, but Camp Half Blood in general.
Back to top Go down

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:09 am

I don't agree with a group of people. We don't need a big team of people going around spamming sites and making us seem needy and not a great place to visit. Staff could bring up other roleplay sites they're part of or know of, the admins could do the messaging, and then we'd work from there.

@Summer
Those are great, but I'm not sure if you've seen actual affiliate buttons before or not. They're quite different.

Last edited by Zelly on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:12 am

lmao Zelly I think you're talking to Summer, not me. I did not make graphics for this xD

I was asking about the giveaway though.
Back to top Go down

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 am

OOPS I'M SORRY I FIXED IT. I ALWAYS GET YOUR NAMES MIXED UP EVEN WHEN THEY'RE WRITTEN DOWN. YOU GUYS ARE LIKE TWINS IN MY EYES.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:35 am

Uhm those are advertisement banners not affiliate buttons. And I have seen various types of affiliate buttons before, but are you talking about those shaped 88x31? Like this or something? I don't know if you want advertisement stuff or affiliate stuff ._.

uh read blah  Chb-button_zps9ba9747e

That's a rough example for an ad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

uh read blah  Empty
PostSubject: Re: uh read blah    uh read blah  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

uh read blah
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next