Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The First [PRIVATE; ML]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

The First [PRIVATE; ML]  Empty
PostSubject: The First [PRIVATE; ML]    The First [PRIVATE; ML]  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:34 pm

The First [PRIVATE; ML]  Tumblr_mjkszij9FP1ql6hsjo1_500
Kale Dupont

Smog was everywhere; snaking up buildings, buffeting windshields, filling up expectant lungs. But what else could one expect from a highly industrialized and urbanized area such as New York? Noise was limitless, yet the burgeoning of culture and everyday routine was fascinating. On one side you had small vendors, barely making any income and, on another end, sleek black cars carrying important CEOs to work. Some people typed on Nokias, while the rest typed on iPhones and BlackBerry models. Beggars roamed the streets while the affluent dined leisurely. To most, these diverse things would be shocking-- but, raised in a city herself, Kale fit in like a glove.

The horizontally large building spanned out lengthily in all its cream-coloured glory. Okay, Kale, minimal eye contact; and, you're only here to buy shampoo... and maybe grab a bite to eat or tour a few branches. Kale ran through the list of instructions in her mind. It was a dangerous task-- leaving Camp without company, not bringing shades, and exposing herself to public view. Her sister would frown upon her decision, but Ariella was miles away and, good or bad, not there to nag at Kale. The latter demigod took a deep breath and walked calmly, past the revolving doors and into the mall.

She was immediately greeted by the scent of perfume, food, air purifiers, air-conditioning systems, and freshly pressed clothes blended into one. Luckily, judging peripherally, there was only a small population present. Kale finally released the air she held and gave a sigh of relief; just a few minutes more and the risk of being spotted would be nonexistent. She silently hoped that a cameraman would not notice her from magazines distributed so long ago, or from commercials, or, perhaps, her sister's pictures. Kale forced a walk of confidence, careful not to hold her chin high or low enough to draw attention. "Hello, welcome to the general items department." cooed a too-pitchy and too-cheerful automated voice. Kale cringed at the sound but continued her journey, determined to finish in fifteen minutes.
Florescent lamp rays reflected on the newly-waxed floor, and added an extra shine to polished plastic containers. This was the level.

Obviously quite rushed, Kale scanned the shampoo stacks, looking for the wanted brand and container. Come on, she thought as she brushed a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear. After what felt like minutes, Kale located the bottle and quickly welcomed her palm to the plastic's synthetic quality. Have I exposed myself too much? I'm supposed to be in boarding school! Oh gods. Kale heightened her pace and nearly made a dash to the counter, but she was stopped midway-- and, by Tyche's luck, it wasn't someone asking for a photograph.

Just a few meters away, a boy walked foot-after-foot; he was struggling with several plastic bags. Something compelled Kale to loosen up her grip around the plastic shampoo bottle and approach the brown-haired boy with a free hand. Probably feeling someone near him, the poor guy stopped at his tracks and spotted Kale just a foot away, rummaging through her sling bag. She pulled out a marker and a notebook then, after setting the container she held down, began to write on an empty page.
'HI, I'M KALE.' it said in practiced handwriting, 'DO YOU NEED HELP WITH THOSE BAGS?' To emphasize her point, Kale gestured toward the heavy load the boy was carrying with a flick of her Sharpie.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: The First [PRIVATE; ML]    The First [PRIVATE; ML]  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm

The First [PRIVATE; ML]  Tumblr_inline_mhgwdgydbE1qz4rgp
Keegan Alexander Clarke
Son of Hecate
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keegan curses under his breath, as he takes the credit card from the cashier. Slipping it into his wallet. Then he slides the wallet into his pocket. He then turns the large quantity of pages in front of him, and picks them up. He is going to kill Lily, for just running out and leaving Keegan with all these bags. She had always been like this, he shouldn't have trusted her. Now she's stuck with all these bags.

Keegan bites his lip as he struggles under the weight of the bags. He slowly makes his way out of the store. After a few feet, he slips and drops a few of the bags. Cursing Keegan bends down to pick up the bags. Damnit, this is just not his day. He gathers the bags and pulls them close to him.

Keegan looks up and notices the girl. His first thought was, wow she's hot. Next he was trying to figure out why he'd seen her before. He can't help but smile lightly, when she writes an offer to help him. Normally he wouldn't accept help, but this time he needs it. These bags are just to much. Stupid Lily.

Smiling Keegan looks at the girl. "Oh yes please. That would mean a lot. These bags just weigh to much. My friend just ran out leaving me with them"he says greatful at first, but slowly his tone becomes bitter at the end. He gathers some of the bags and hands them to her. He then slowly stands up holding the other bags. "I'm Keegan. What's your name?"he asks her.

Keegan figured he owed it to her to be nice. After all she had extended the niceness to start. Normally he wouldn't have taken up her offer. Nor would he be talking to her right now. But for some reason this feels different. He has no idea why, this time is different. But this time it is.

Last edited by ML on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

PostSubject: Re: The First [PRIVATE; ML]    The First [PRIVATE; ML]  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Kale Dupont

Half-smiling at the boy's story, Kale's grip tightened around the notebook she was holding. A thought had suddenly struck her-- What if this guy was in cahoots with those Paps? Mentally cursing herself for not being more careful, she accepted Keegan's plastic bags with her other free hand. Guess the shampoo would have to wait.

When she was prompted for her name, Kale bit her lip and looked at Keegan apologetically. Surely, he must've understood that she was mute. Kale shrugged her shoulders and pointed to her mouth. 'SORRY, I'M MUTE' She formed the words with her mouth carefully, so the syllabication was clear and concise. Briefly afterward, Kale tucked her notebook and marker back in her sling bag and offered to carry more of the plastics by stretching out her empty right hand, eyebrows raised in anticipation.

Could she trust this guy not to sell her out? Hopefully, he didn't know who she was. Not yet, anyway. Kale adjusted her grip on the plastic bags and looked at Keegan. 'WHERE TO?' she mouthed in silence.

Why was she even helping him? Kale never met Keegan before, but his face struck a familiar chord that resonated within her. Maybe he was a camper? Or a celebrity's son?

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: The First [PRIVATE; ML]    The First [PRIVATE; ML]  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:57 pm

The First [PRIVATE; ML]  Tumblr_inline_mhgwdgydbE1qz4rgp
Keegan Alexander Clarke
Son of Hecate
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keegan smiles greatfully at the girl. He's honestly very happy that she's nice enough to help him. Tweleve bags is just too much for a single person. Lily's going to pay for this. He looks at the girl. He still can't get over her beauty. She has to be the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. No joke, she's just that beautiful. She has to be someone famous, he knows he's seen her before. Though maybe she's from camp.

Looking at her lips, he notices when she just mouths the words. When she says she's mute it makes sense though. Hm maybe this is his lucky day. Technically they can be talking but not talking. Which is good because Keegan hates talking with people. He can't help but smile lightly.

"Let's just sit by the food court. While I figure out what to do with these bags"he says to her. Keegan then leads the way to the food court. Spotting an open table he places the bags on the ground and pulls out a chair and sits down in it. He then looks at Kale and smiles at her.

"Thanks so much! My friend just ran out on me, and left me with all these bags. I don't think I could've carried all of them by myself"he says to her. Keegan then smiles and leans back in his seat. "I'm sorry. I don't think I caught your name" he says softly. Keegan then debates asking if he's seen her before. He's not sure how to say it without sounding rude.
Back to top Go down
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

PostSubject: Re: The First [PRIVATE; ML]    The First [PRIVATE; ML]  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 am

Kale Dupont

It looked as if her fifteen-minute adventure had just lengthened to several hours. Suppressing a look of dismay, Kale smiled along and followed Keegan's strides, all the while balancing plastic, not to mention bulging, bags on both limbs. Gods, what could he possibly do with all these materials? Had he been planning a program of sorts-- a soup kitchen, perhaps? Then again, Kale had not managed to steal a peek into the contents of the plastics, so she couldn't conclude or hypothesize any of Keegan's intentions. As terrible it was to admit, she severely hoped that he wouldn't ask her to help carry these bags to his house, or any location farther than the boundaries of this mall-- the risk of being caught had escalated too much.
Smart move, Kale; helping out a stranger, possibly jeopardizing your identity and your sister's in one go. Mom must be so proud of you, Kale thought, mocking herself sarcastically as she adjusted her grip on the plastic bags she held. You can't be rude and leave him here, either. Always finish what you started. Kale scowled at the mindset she tackled the problem with as she and Keegan lurched down to the food court's level. Really, what ARE you doing, Kale?

As she was, once again, questioned for her name, the girl set the plastics to the side and took her seat. The scowl had gone and was replaced by a practiced smile; there was no point in becoming moody simply because of the strange situation, it was unbecoming of her. Kale reached into her sling bag and pulled out the same notebook she had exposed earlier on. This time, however, she merely flipped through pages instead of writing her name down. Pre-written introductions were always handy. 'My name is Kale.' it said in unmistakeable script. She flipped the notebook over for Keegan to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First [PRIVATE; ML]    The First [PRIVATE; ML]  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First [PRIVATE; ML]
Page 1 of 1