Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] Empty
PostSubject: Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]   Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Brandon Mathias wasn't one to get lost easily, but being jumped by no less than a dozen monsters of various breeds while on a forest jog tends to mess with one's sense of direction, he discovered. Luckily, he had killed or fought off his first wave of assailants, and had only a few minor cuts and bruises to show for it. However, he was still running around through the woods, his saberstaff in hand, his eyes scanning for a familiar landmark. There was not one.
"Hopefully I don't run into anything worse," he muttered.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]   Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] 123or

Cassidy Jo Miller

Daughter of Deimos - Hunter of Artemis
Winter wind blowing through her raven-colored locks, Cassidy stood atop a large rock, reminding her of the Lion King rock, in the old Disney movie she used to watch as a child, back when things were happy. Her dark eyes scanned the horizon for intruders along the entrance of the Huntress' camp, nothing seeming out of the ordinary.

Hearing the soft voice of another human, her eyes darted around the white forest, determined to find the source. Her small feet moving swiftly along the softly falling snow, she vanished into the forested area. It wasn't long before she saw a male, a demigod most likely, roaming aimlessly in Artemis' Forest. How dare he she thought sternly, pulling back and arrow. The arrow narrowly missed the boy, ending up stuck in the tree nearest the older - looking demigod.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]   Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Brandon heard the twang of a bowstring a split second before an arrow sliced through the air, missing his head by inches and burying itself in a nearby tree. Cursing under his breath, he dropped into a combat roll and ended up behind a sizable rock. Taking a moment to assess the situation, he scrutinized the arrow more closely. It was silver, which could only mean one thing.
"Hey? Are you a Hunter of Artemis?" the son of Ares demanded, calling out to his assailant. "Hold your fire, I...I'm lost! Been getting chased by monsters the past hour, and I don't need any more trouble! Just point me in the direction back to camp, and I'm gone!"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]   Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Cassidy Jo Miller

Cassidy cursed under her breath, slightly lowering her bow. Watching the boy hide behind her usual rock, the Hunter simply frowned, letting him finish his little pity - like speech. She didn't respond to his question, seeing no reason to. Stupid boys, you would think they knew a silver arrow when they saw one.

She fired another arrow, it's shaft lodged in the icy ground closer to the rock where the demigod was hiding. Cassidy soon was stand on her perch again, eyes narrowed at the boy. Her silver bow hadn't come out of position, and could easily make the demigod dead. "South," Cass said urgently, hoping he would leave. She never liked dealing with the people that wandered from camp, finding apart of her still loving the safe haven.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]   Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Hunters. Just what I fricking needed, Brandon thought. He hated their unforgiving prejudice toward men purely based on gender. Not all males were abusive deadbeats, and not all of them deserved to be greeted with an arrow. Still, this was clearly not the right time or place to talk back. He needed to get to camp ASAP.
And yet, before he could move out from behind his rock, he heard something barreling through the underbrush. The Hunter did as well, for she shifted her aim, but the giant scorpion charged into the clearing so fast, she didn't have time to fire. It's tail snapped forward and would have impaled the girl if her training hadn't granted her the speed to jump aside.

"Now do you believe me?" Brandon demanded, jumping out from behind cover as the scorpion's deadly tail jabbed at him next. He backpedaled quickly, setting down his saberstaff to tap the analog watch on his left wrist. Instantly, the innocent-looking device expanded into a custom-made suit of interlocking bronze plates. Picking up his saberstaff again, Brandon held it at the ready as the scorpion hissed.
"I know you don't like men," he told the Hunter. "But at least help me kill this thing?"

Last edited by Excelsior on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]   Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Cassidy Jo Miller

Cassidy dove out of the scorpion tail's reach, narrowly missing it's deadly stinger. The maiden was up within seconds, her eyes blazing with a mix of anger, and annoyance. Not only did she have to deal with a male, but a scorpion as well? Casting the demigod a blame worthy frown, she aimed at the large beast. Hearing the twang of her bow string, a smirk formed at the edge of her lips, as the silver arrow took rest deep in the monster's flank.

Watching it's beady eyes and poisonous tail, the Huntress continued to shoot one, two arrows. "Shut up!" Cass hissed over the monster's growls. She raised an eyebrow at the boy's armor, thinking to herself how talented some Hephaestus kids were. Then again, she had to work on forgetting that part of her life. Even after two years, Camp Half Blood was still her home. Shooting another perfectly aimed arrow, she gave a sigh of frustration. With thick skin, this monster would be hard to kill.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]   Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 pm

"Keep firing! Distract it, I'll go for the kill!" Brandon exclaimed as the soldier side of him quickly analyzed the situation tactically. No matter who actually took down this giant scorpion, he would have to be the close-range combatant and take most of the hits, buying time and space for the Huntress. Lifting his saberstaff, the son of Ares charged forward, aiming his first strike at the joint attaching the scorpion's right claw to it's arm. The creature reacted, batting his blade away with the bony claw itself.

The jarring impact would have knocked anyone else to the ground, or at least stunned them, but the armour augmented Brandon's strength and speed to peak human levels. Instantly, he resumed the offensive, jabbing the other end of his weapon at the scorpion's face. It backpedaled with surprising speed, managing to avoid his attack. Growing more confident, Brandon kept coming, but the scorpion's tail shot forward, hooking the saberstaff out of the demigod's hands. He had a second to react, and did, jumping over the monster's incoming claw only to seize the appendage with both hands. Even with the boost in strength afforded by his armour, Brandon could only hold the scorpion back for a few seconds at most.

"Aim for the head!" he shouted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]   Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost in a Particular Part of the Woods [Moon]
Page 1 of 1