Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A Singular Idea

Go down 
+2
Beanie
lara croft
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 am

So I'm posting this idea/suggestion on its own, because I want to make sure its seen.
I'm gonna suggest a new way for the CL Elections.
It seems to me that in the last CL Elections [The Only Ones I've Been Here For]... well as far as I could see then, no one actually looked through the apps. DON'T GET ME WRONG I'M SURE SOME PEOPLE DID!
But I think most people voted for the person they knew best/they liked the most.
Well how about not posting the username or charrie name?
Instead of an application like this:

Username: Faith Lehane
Character Name: Buffy Summers
Why do you think you deserve this spot?: Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
What do you think you'll bring to the position? [Or something]: Blah Blah Blah Blah

It would look basically like this:

Why do you think you deserve this spot?: Blah Blah Blah Blah
What do you think you'll bring to the position?: Blah Blah Blah Blah

It would mean people would have to PM an Admin the apps instead of post them in the topic, but it would also mean that unless you want to vote for a random person, you'd be voting for the charrie instead of the person. It would also mean that only Admins and the person who applied would know who's who. And the person that applied would only know their charrie.

That would lead to the voting going from this: [Excuse the use of my site for the poll lol]

Spoiler:

To looking like this:

Spoiler:

Each app would be in the voting topic or whatever, but instead of it saying "Whoever's Charrie" it would simply say "Applicant One" Or something.
It would however mean you would need to keep something like this in wherever your topic is:

Spoiler:

Basically, that's it.

~V
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:19 pm

I like that idea a lot. Maybe we could also add activity levels, so that way none of the cabin leaders die out (Like they always do). It seems that people are always voting for the users that they like best. I normally vote for whoever I know will do a good job as a cabin leader (often the previous cabin leader, or someone who is very active in rping)
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm pretty sure this was talked about in the last elections, but it just... part of the elections do need to be based on who the user is, because someone could spend a lot of time making themselves sound good in their apps, then it turns out, they're not very active, or untrustworthy, etc. I like the idea, because some people we trust turn out to not be very good CL's, but then there's also the fact that someone horrible for the position with a good app could get selected if you don't know who it is.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am

Not to mention, we JUST changed the way elections were done last election. Tbh I don't think they went that badly at all. Of course, I might be biased because I'm a CL, but, imo, the person controlling the character is more important than the character itself running. If they're not competent leaders then we have a problem.

I think our issue currently is activity level, and more or less what to do about the cabins with no leaders. Not the way they're elected, per se.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:05 am

Although it's about the characters too, but the person is also important. What if someone is elected and they were a new member with no real intention of staying for long? What if that person is not the most responsible? What if that person happens to be someone that you wouldn't trust to be able to track ip addresses and control posts?

Completely blocking the player out isn't the best choice, as ideas come from the person behind the character. Not the character.
Back to top Go down
Purple
Experienced Poster
Purple

Location : Go straight, then make a left, turn at the corner. Go right and there it is. Oh!!! Oops. Sorry that's the pizza place. Well, enjoy some pizza.

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 pm

I like the idea. it's good and bad because if someone goes inactive or something like that then there's basically no cabin leader. or what nico said how they can be horrible. Yet it is a good idea because some people might vote on the player, not the characters app c
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 pm

It seems that sometimes the votes are random, as opposed to who will do a good job as cabin leader or not. Maybe we could add a pop up tab that would annoy people to think about their votes before they randomly select someone. We should also have an age limit, so you have to be at least 12 or 13 to run for cabin leader.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm

No age limits. Age doesn't define maturity. Tabs would require javascript and the forums don't read javascript. Also, voting 100% on character may not be an honest idea either. Some people could make their application completely different from what their character is really like, which just defies the point. If we know the person, they can't change who they are for the duration we have known them just to be cabin leader and then completely change after they win or something.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 pm

I agree that age doesn't define maturity, but that doesn't mean that it is a good idea to have a 7 year old as a cabin leader!

I also think that there are flaws in this plan (something that I did not think over before I posted), and that it might be easier if we did not modify the elections for this term, but these are just suggestions to think over.

I think that there are too many people not happy with this to continue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Singular Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Singular Idea   A Singular Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Singular Idea
Page 1 of 1