Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
annika.

annika.

the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  Empty
PostSubject: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 11:30 pm

the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  Tumblr_mcoso4LIGS1rwvg1f

SAWYER BENNETT, SON OF EREBUS
four hundred ninety words ; outfit

If there was a time when Sawyer Bennett could tolerate to those who were into mainstream music, it would be during music festivals. In fact, it was the only event wherein he wasn't as antisocial as he was in school. It may have been the idea of a group of people who shared the same music preference gathering together which appealed to the eighteen year old, or the ambiance. Music has never failed to relax him. Whenever he'd put his earphones in and press play on his iPod, he'd feel his consciousness slip away and he'd enter his own personal paradise. Music had the ability to do so. It would make him forget about all his suffering.

The line up for Snowglobe 2012, one of the biggest indoor winter festivals, seemed decent. There was a mix between indie and mainstream, which was enough for Sawyer to attend. Some of his favorites, such as Vampire Weekend, Two Door Cinema Club, and Bon Iver, would be perfuming. Plus, his non-indie guilty pleasure, Coldplay, would be there.

Standing in line, a steaming cup of a Starbucks Peppermint coffee in his hand, he waited eagerly to enter the big, white tent where the festival would take place. He glanced around, eyes drifting from person to person. He came alone since most of his "hipster" friends were back home in Delaware and the boys in the fight club weren't into the indie scene. It was fortunate enough that he met a few people in music festivals. It was practically the only time he'd socialize. His eyes landed on a girl a few feet away from him, around his age or a year younger. She wasn't short, yet she didn't tower over everyone else. It was her eyes that caught his attention. They were like a kaleidoscope; there wasn't just one permanent color. He had a difficult time deciphering the color. Nevertheless, he found it astonishing. He hadn't even realized he'd been staring.

His head snapped away. Although he found her very pretty, he wasn't particularly good with approaching people. Sawyer would always find himself chickening out. It was ironic; the boy who'd illegally fight for money was afraid of approaching a girl. It was his Achilles' heel. He snickered to himself, realizing the godly reference. He managed to separate that life of his from his almost normal one. In fact, he had the ability to separate all his lives and personalities. For instances, Demigod Sawyer was antisocial and would rather keep to himself. Hipster Sawyer was intelligent in terms of music. Fighter Sawyer was courageous and strong, willing to beat anyone to a pulp. But the real Sawyer? He was clumsy and shy.

Shaking his head, he gulped down the remains of his coffee, feeling the hot liquid scorch his throat. It left his breath minty with a bit of bitter coffee. Perfect for kissing, he thought jokingly.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:20 pm

the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  Tumblr_m9ar29lwhB1r5ruse
Victoria Cheyanne Russo
Daughter of Chaos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria smiles as she takes a look around the crowd. Currently she was standing in the middle of a huge crowd at a music festival in NYC. But it's not just any music festival it's Snowglobe 2012. She still can't believe she managed to get a ticket. It would have been nice to get tickets so she could bring a friend, but a single ticket is good enough.

This festival is really cool. It was mix of some indie, and mainstream. It is just perfect. Vic loves her indie music, but she is really looking forward to Coldplay. There is no doubt that Cold Play is Vic's favorite band. She was so excited for this concert.

Smiling she runs a hand through her wild main that she calls hair. She then takes the time to look around. It was starting to get really full. That must mean the concert is close to starting. That's when she notices the boy. He was well hot. She couldn't help but notice his nice features. Such a shame she'd never see him again. Maybe she should go talk to him. You know that stupid saying, You Only Live Once.

Vic puts a smile on her face and turns around. She then starts to walk towards the boy. When she reaches him, she stops next to him and stands there. She can't help but notice how nice he smells. She then turns her head to look at the boy flashing him a dazzling smile. "Hey" she says to him. Vic sticks her hands in her pockets and leans back against a pole.

outfit

Last edited by ML on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:16 pm

two hundred forty-six words ; outfit

Sawyer was contemplating on various potential title articles for the underground indie magazine he worked for when he heard a softly spoken voice. He turned his head slightly and was surprised to see the girl who'd caught his eye earlier. His heartbeat started to accelerate immediately as he was brought back to old memories wherein he'd been too afraid to ask someone out and would always end up alone during an elementary school dance. Out of all his lives, he'd label that one as Nugget Sawyer, nicknamed after what his mom would call him. But he forced himself to not turn into Nugget Sawyer and tried to retain his cool composure.

"Hi," he greeted the girl, a soft smile playing on his lips. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans as a way to not twiddle with his thumbs. "I'm Sawyer."

It wasn't that he was completely antisocial, he just needed help when it came to approaching people. It wasn't exactly one of his many talents and he'd definitely need to work on his social skills. Writing, on the other hand, was a skill he'd nearly mastered despite his dyslexia. Everywhere he went served as an inspiration for his articles, just like today. He had his camera and pen, and notebook stashed inside his blue canvas backpack, ready for him to write when he was on the way back to Camp Half-Blood or to snap pictures during the festival.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Victoria Cheyanne Russo
Daughter of Chaos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria smiles lightly as she studies the boy. He is really attractive, really really attractive. She can't help but blush just a tiny bit. He's just so attractive. She bites her lip and looks over at him. "Sawyer? That's a really cool name"she says in her normal quiet tone. Sawyer really is a cool name. She doesn't hear it much, that's one thing that makes it to cool. Then it has both a w and a y in it, which is just so cool.

"Oh I'm Victoria, but you can call me Vic or Tori, or just Victoria"she says softly. Victoria then looks around. "Excuse me"she says softly. Victoria then turns around. When she doesn't think he can see her she uses her powers to make a bottle of Liption diet Green Tea appear. She then turns around to face Sawyer again. She opens the bottle and takes a sip from it. "Oh that's better" she says softly.

He should catch her using her powers, and point it out.

Last edited by ML on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:50 pm

idk how many words ; outfit

It took all of Sawyer's might to keep his heart from thudding out of his chest. He couldn't believe his luck. A pretty girl was talking to him and he was going to see Coldplay? What a day! If he had friends back in Camp Half-Blood, he would've told them all about it when he got home. Instead, he would have to settle for his co-workers. The feeling wasn't as nice as sharing stories with fellow campers, but there's nothing he could do about it. He wasn't very good at making friends.

"Thanks, Victoria," he beamed, trying out the sound of her name on his lips. He was about to compliment her name as well when she quietly excused herself and turned her back towards him. He frowned. Had he done something wrong? He was about to scold himself aloud when she turned back around, a bottle of green tea in her hand. It may have been that he was extremely unobservant or that drink appeared out of nowhere. "H-How did you?" his eyes shifted between the bottle and Victoria. The chances of running into another demigod outside of camp were slim, but it wasn't impossible. "Are you..." he started to say, but the words died in his mouth. Maybe it would be best if he left the explaining to do to Victoria. The possibilities were endless. She could've been a demigod, or just a mortal practicing some form of witchcraft. Hell, Sawyer had no clue.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Victoria Cheyanne Russo
Daughter of Chaos

Victoria coughs, nearly spitting out her tea. Luckily she manages to swallow it. She hadn't been planning on him noticing her making the tea appear out of the air. She figured that he'd either not notice it, or think she'd gotten it out of her bag or pockets. Well this is great, how does she pull this one off? Hm she could lie. Yeah she'd go with that, and if it didn't work, she'd think of something. This would atleast buy her some time, maybe not a lot of time but atleast enough to help her think of a better excuse.

Victoria holds her hands up and looks at Sawyer. "You've caught me"she says slowly, a small smile playing across her lips. "You see I'm a magician. I was just practicing a trick I've been working on"she says softly. She's trying as hard as she can to sound serious. Though it's pretty hard to lie, even though the lies not that complex. She just naturally has a hard time when it comes to lying.

Victoria slowly lowers her hands. With that she untwists the cap, and holds it in her palm. She then slowly takes a nice and long sip of her tea. When she's done she slowly, and carefully replaces the cap. She then turns to look at Sawyer, a small gleam in her eyes. "If you want, I can try another trick"she says to him. "Normally I don't perform for people. But I think I can make an exception, for someone as attractive as you"she says slyly. Maybe he'd just forget about all of this. Yeah that would be nice.

Victoria then turns her head to look around at the crowd. It was getting to be really full. She then looks down at her watch. There was about a half hour before the concert was supposed to start. Though she could never be sure that it would even start on time. Hopefully it would, she couldn't wait for it to start. Victoria then slowly turns her head to look at Sawyer. She thought he is just so attractive, and she wondered if he thought she was attractive. She's terrible when it comes it boys and relationships, so she really has no idea. She is just hoping that she won't do anything to make a fool of her self, or to reveal that she's a demigod. Apart from those two things, Victoria wasn't really worried. Hopefully she'd have a good time. After all she is at a Coldplay concert. Life really couldn't get much better than this.

Word Count: 421.

Last edited by ML on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 am

Sawyer jumped when Victoria started to cough on her tea. He reaches out to pat her awkwardly on the back. He figured that he just ruined any chances of them becoming friends or the possibilities of her accepting if ever he asked her out on a date. Sometimes, he wished that he wasn't such a dork around pretty girls. He released the breath he was holding when Victoria explained that she just had a habit for magic. However, there was something odd about the way her lips twitched, as if she were about to burst out in laughter. Still, Sawyer forced the thoughts aside and grinned at her. "Pretty and talented. Well, I'm impressed."

He almost couldn't believe his luck. First of all, he didn't make a complete full of himself by stuttering in any of his sentences. Second, Victoria called him attractive! That had to mean something, right? His cheeks slightly tingled pink as he ran his fingers through his golden bronze hair. "What else do you have in store, Tinkerbell?" he hoped she understood the little magical reference. In a way, she reminded him of the character. Both had ties to magic and she was cute, as well. Sawyer towered over her at 6 feet and an inch and he looked down at her with a twinkle in his eye. He found Victoria very captivating and to him, she was the most interesting thing in the room.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Victoria Cheyanne Russo
Daughter of Chaos

Victoria smiles lightly and looks over at Sawyer. Well it's good that he believed her lie. Wait, that is a good thing right? Victoria knows lying isn't good, but this is to well protect herself. She doens't know if Sawyer is a mortal, or what he is. It's just better this way. Except now he thinks she's a magician. Oh gods, this is embarassing. How is she supposed to keep this going? Victoria doesn't know any magic tricks. Well, this should be intresting.

"I'm glad you liked it. Most people think it's weird that I'm into magic. They say it's well, nerdy"she says softly. Okay this lie is going a bit to far. Oh well, it might make it easier to believe. Oh gods, she should just be honest. But she can't. If he's a mortal he could get hurt. And what are the chances of him being a demi-god? She'd say pretty slim.

When she hears him call her Tinkerbell, she blinks. Tinkerbell? Then it slowly clicks. Oh the whole magic thing. She had to give him credit, pretty creative. Except Tinkerbell is a bit girly for her liking. She'd never liked the character Tinkerbell, she was more of a Peter Pan fan. Though of course most people are. Of course she wouldn't tell Sawyer that, it would by rude.

Victoria bites her lip, trying to think of a magic trick. She could make a rabit appear in a hat. But it would have to be stuffed, she can't use her powers on living creatures. Make an egg dissappear? She's not sure she would be able to do that. Oh gods, this had just gotten out of control. That's when Victoria gets the idea. The pull the quarter out of their ear trick. She just had to find a quarter. She fumbles around in her pocket and takes a hold of quarter.

She shoves it up her sleve, and holds up her hands to show that they are empty. She then moves closer to Sawyer. As she moves his shakes the quarter down into her hand. She then reaches up towards his ear. She then opens her palm, and pretends that shefound it behind his ear. Smiling she steps back and holds up the quarter. "Ta-da"she says with a small smile.

Word count: 377. WOOT ANOTHER LONG POST. I'M ON A ROLL.

Last edited by ML on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Sawyer snorted when Victoria admitted to being called nerdy. "Nerdy? You clearly haven't seen me when I was in high school," he laughs softly, his mind wandering to his not-so glory days. Although he wasn't exactly nerdy, he wasn't Mr. Popular either. The bruises he gained from being in a fight club sparked some rumors that labeled him as the resident bad-boy of the school. It resulted to the rest of his classmates leaving him alone, so technically he had no friends back then, aside from the ones he met outside of school via the club and the magazine he worked for. When his schedule was free and he had no friends to go out with, he averted his focus to his studies or extra reading. It was then concluded that Sawyer was a self-proclaimed geek. Thank god high school ended a few months ago. "Speaking of which, how old are you?"

"And magic is cool," he added. If she were a demigod, he could definitely see her fitting in with the Hecate kids. Well, if he had friends from there, he would've introduced some of them to Victoria, but he the reputation he held in Camp Half-Blood wasn't that different from his in high school.

His breath hitches when she leaned closer and did the traditional coin trick. This day was definitely going down as one of his luckiest days of the year. Smirking down at her, he takes the quarter from her hand and flips it upward, catching it as it falls back down. "Okay, Tinkerbell. Since you've clearly impressed me with your magic tricks. Let's see if you can do that with your music taste," he teased, handing her the coin back. He was curious to see what kind of music preference she liked. It would be great if the pair liked the same kind of music. It would make conversing a whole lot easier. "What kind of music do you like?"

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Victoria Cheyanne Russo
Daughter of Chaos

Victoria smiles lightly and listens to him talk. Call her weird, but she likes how his voice sounds. It's calm, and just plesent. Yeah, she won't be sharing that one with anyone too soon. The more she thinks about it, the weirder it becomes. Oh well. Victoria then begins to think about age, how old was he? "You, nerdy? I find that hard to believe" she says to him. She honestly couldn't picture him being nerdy. It just doesn't fit his image, at all. Appearances aren't always what they seem, though.

"Oh I'm seventeen. I'll be eighteen in a few months"she says softly. Yeah she's not an adult yet, but she's pretty much an adult. "How old are you?" she asks hoping, he's not a whole lot older. That would just suck if he turned out to be like twenty four or something. She's not the bigest fan of older guys.

"I guess magic is cool"she says softly. She then bites her lip, she should be honest. She's tired of lying. "Can I tell you something? I'm not a magician"she says softly. Well it's simple enough, and it's not like she told him she's a demigod. Hopefully he wouldn't be mad at her for lying. Then she'd feel bad, because she can see the two of them becoming friends. She didn't want to ruin that over something so stupid.

Victoria smiles lightly and pockets the quarter. She was getting used to Tinkerbell, she kind of liked it. Not that she'd admit that. "Music taste? I'll see"she says softly. Oh gods, she likes a lot of music. Her favorite genre? Rock or maybe indie, they are pretty different but she likes both of them. "Hm rock or indie"she says to him. Victoria then turns to face him a small, growing across her face. "You've done nothing to empress me. What's your favorite music genre?"she says to him.

Last edited by ML on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 am

A smile smile graced Sawyer's lips. Victoria clearly hadn't seen him at all in school. He wondered if her perception of him would be altered if he admitted to being a complete loser in school. Part of him assured himself that she didn't seem like the type to do that. She had a sweet smile and he liked to look into her eyes, although he couldn't quite decipher what color they were. He was starting to grow fond of her. "You don't want to know," he muttered. Sawyer didn't want to tangle Victoria into his mess. Together with the double life he led, it was no doubt how dangerous Sawyer truly was. He probably should've been attempting to push her away by now, but her eyes seemed to have a twinkle that drew him in and her smile made the butterflies in his stomach flutter. Don't let her into your mess, he chastised himself.

He was relieved when he found out that they were around the same age. "I just turned eighteen last month. Finished high school last fall." He had briefly returned to his hometown of Delaware to finish his schooling, so that he'd get it over with. Rumors rose almost immediately after his return, varying from him going to rehab or joining a mafia. It was amusing.

"Huh?" he frowned. Everything was starting to get confusing to him. If she wasn't a mortal practicing magic, what was she? Clearing his throat, he decided to ask her about it later, when there weren't too many lurking ears nearby.

Grinning, he replied, "Prepare to be amazed, Tink. I like indie and rock, as well. Some of my favorites performing tonight would have to be Two Door Cinema Club, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, and, of course, Coldplay."

Heaving a sigh, his mind kept shifting back to her earlier confession. Perhaps he could be subtle about it and find a way to see if she was a half-blood. "Are you from the area?" As a demigod, the most common answer would be Long Island, but he would have to see for himself and make a quick guess.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Victoria Cheyanne Russo
Daughter of Chaos

Victoria smiles lightly and looks around a bit. She then glances down at her watch. Now there was about ten minutes or so until the start of the concert. So close, she couldn't wait. She loves loves LOVES Coldplay. Smiling lightly she turns back around to look at Sawyer. She nervously bites her lip and just stands there. Just being around him made her feel nervous, she has no idea why. She's never really felt like this around a guy before. Oh well, it's probualy not important.

Victoria can't help but smile a bit, when he says he just turned eighteen. So he's not like twenty-four, that's good. "Oh that's good. I was afraid you were going to turn out to be like old"she says softly. Victoria then slowly opens her bottle of tea, and takes a large sip from it. She then looks at it to see it's empty. She places the cap on it and tosses it into a trash can.

Great, now she was out of a drink. Not to mention she couldn't very well use her powers again, or else Sawyer would notice. She bites her lip and sighs softly. She'd have to buy a drink. Great, just what she wanted to do, spend five dollars on a bottle of water. "Oh nothing. Don't worry. I don't know why I said that"she says softly. She then blinks and looks at him. Okay that was such an obvious lie, if he couldn't tell he must be dumb.

Victoria smiles lightly, when she hears his favorite types of music. Oh wow, they had some stuff in common. Well, that's good. Not to mention, it can provide for some topic starters. Though that is if she ever gets the chance to use them. "Cool!" she says happily. "I take that your a Coldplay fan. If so, what's your favorite song?"she asks him. Victoria then takes the time to think what her own favorite Cold Play song is. She's going to have to go with Viva la vida, she just loves that song.

Victoria blinks when he asks her if she's from the area. If she was to answer where she's really from it would be a no. But because she's been living at camp, she should answer yes. "Yes, Long Island, really, but it's still in the area"she says softly. If he was a demigod, he should be able to put the clues together now. If he wasn't oh well. It just wouldn't work out. Wait what wouldn't work out? Victoria wasn't sure, a friendship? Somehow she was thinking about more. Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:10 pm

The crowd's mutters were starting to grow, giving the atmosphere a nice buzz, lifting Sawyer's spirits and putting him in the mood for a good concert. It seemed like the festival was about to open up any minute now and he couldn't wait. Hopefully he and Victoria wouldn't have to separate ways. He liked her company. Victoria was extremely intriguing and he wanted to get to know her more. She took his mind off his problems, yet truly enjoyed her company.

Sawyer feigned a look of sheer hurt. "Ouch, Vic. Do I really look that old?" he joked, his faux frown transitioning to a playful smile. Under normal circumstances, he would've been shy and awkward around her, but he found himself at ease. It was different, albeit a nice change.

He blinked, wondering what she was hiding. Sawyer wasn't a son of Apollo, the god of truth, but he wasn't stupid as well. He has been around fake people long enough to know when someone was lying. For the sake of their new friendship, he kept quiet about her excuse.

"Huge fan." a huge grin made his way to his face. Sawyer was slightly impressed by her music preference, knowing that most girls nowadays preferred crappy stuff, like Justin Bieber or Nicki Minaj. On the other hand, he would rather stay away from the mainstream stuff, with Coldplay as the exception. They were his guilty pleasure, but he wouldn't admit that to his friends at the underground magazine he wrote for. It was nice to have someone to talk to about the band. His previous girlfriend wasn't a fan of them either. "Umm… would it sound unrealistic if I said that I like all of their songs? Yeah, probably. I could listen to Yellow and Clocks all day on repeat, if you catch my drift. I don't know. They're songs that lift my spirits, y'know?" he rambled on, talking aimlessly about the band. When he realized he was babbling, he shut his mouth, grinning sheepishly as a red tint spread across his cheeks. "What's yours?" he wondered, internally reprimanding himself for not giving her a chance to speak.

Taken aback by her response, he leaned in to whisper, "Are you from--" when he was about to finish his sentence, the doors suddenly burst open and everyone rushed to get in to get a good spot form the stage. Grabbing Victoria's hand, he sprinted inside the tent. He wasn't quite done with her yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)    the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the wheel breaks the butterfly. (ml)
Page 1 of 1