Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen

Go down 
+9
summer
annika.
Balisugar
kenzie
dean
Colby
FudgeeBear
Charlie
Sniggle
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen Empty
PostSubject: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:27 am

Seventeen, oh seventeen

OKAY HEY LIKE MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS LYRICS BECAUSE IT'S THAT KINDA NIGHT

Anyway hey here have some ideas primarily drachma based because SNIGGLE LIKES DRACHMAS YES:

• Riddle of the week (200 drachmas to the first person to pm the correct answer to -insert 1 admin name here-

• Rp contest. Whoever signs up gets put on blue or red team. We make a separate part of the forum with a specific topic, i.e. field trip to the zoo. Then people make rp threads and get as much writing done as possible. The idea is to rp with the people on your team. The posts will counted at the end of the event. Maybe red has 60 posts and blue has 75. Red wins and gets a nifty little siggy thing saying something along the lines of, "part of the winning team of 2012" or whatever. I figure you could do this in January to kick off the year, and maybe do it once a year? Twice if it's popular. The aim is to promote long posts and writing. Of course, post requirements (the amount of words that need to be in a post for it to count as a point) can be decided on by admins, likewise, if extra points are awarded for super long posts, you can do that too. Whatever.

• Avatar contest. Kinda like the drawing contest, except it won't just be drawing. Graphics work too, and your canvas is the size of an avatar. Basically, make one of your character or someone else's and enter them into a poll for chb to vote on. Drachma reward, ja?

• Valentine's day admirer event. Pretty much secret santa, except everyone just gets a "secret admirer" and instead of some huge gift they just put a really sweet note in their person's inbox explaining how superly fantasically great they are. Everyone who signs up gets one. And of course if you want to add a gift, nobody is stopping you.

• I'm itching for another battle. And I've got an idea on a way to do it, thanks to iAV. You fill out a specific form (the form will be made later, depending on the feedback of this event) and then some of the people who filled out forms are chosen to be the baddies. They make a new account and don't reveal who they are to anyone. On the new account they make a single character, who MUST be a bad guy, and none of this bad turned good crap. And this bad guy will die at the end of the event so keep that in mind. They're given a certain amount of hp and then other people sign up as the good guys, who'll be given less hp. The good guys will team up in pairs or trios to fight a single, over-powered baddy. If they lose all their hp their character must die. >:'D The amount of hp lost per attack can be decided via dice roll. Yeah. CHARLES KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Still no godmodding or powerplaying. One attack per rp post, etc. Details could be worked out later if people decided they wanted this. Plus we have a percy jackson now so maybe the plot can move forward. Who knows?

• Gallery week. Every two or three months maybe, whoever adds their own artwork they made to the gallery gets 25 drachmas per piece? Limit of pieces if you wish. And drachma reward is only during that week.

OK THOSE ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH THEM I LIKE YOUR FACE. SNIGGLE OUT. /rolls
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:39 am

dat shoutout.

BUT YES ALL GOOD IDEAS. I particularly like the battle and rp contest ones because yay they are smart ideas and I'm happy to help with organising them and all that crap if you need me to. Definitely word minimums for the posts in those events because we are aiming to improve our writing on this site.

We also need to do something for the gallery because no one is uploading stuff currently.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:54 am

In the riddle of the week, peeps can just go to Google and search it out. Maybe we can do it, like, make a riddle about a person here on CHB, and make people guess it. Like just one entry for one person. For them to think hard. I don't know but I like that :D

For the rest I'm yay. I don't really understand about the dice part... but it seemed good :D
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:29 pm

sounds wonderful
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:30 pm

OMG YES I LIKE THIS BATTLE IDEA. and all the others of course but yeah I like the battle most lol

BTW:

"Maybe red has 60 posts and blue has 75. Red wins and gets a nifty little siggy thing saying something along the lines of, "part of the winning team of 2012" or whatever."

Shouldn't it be Blue who wins?
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:33 pm

I never understood the dice. Nope. Other than that, I'm all good :0

SNI. YOU GENIUS. ILY. AND MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS LYRICS <3
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:41 pm

LOVE the battle idea; the dice would definitely work. And the Valentines Day thing seems really sweet. I would so love to get a sweet little note xD
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:50 am

You are a flawless human being, Snig.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:04 am

Shouldn't posts be determined by the quality, not the quantity? :3 Else someone would just ramble on about how much their charrie likes the colour blue and why and what it looks like etc

But yes, BATTLE AWESOME. I DEMAND THREE DRAKONS. xD
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:17 am

Snig omfg these ideas are gfjbcdgjv
Dont understand the dice system but PFFT MINOR THING

I like the battle one yes Evil charries mwhahaha
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm

I am not flawless blue would win.

And yes,.quality over quantity, but often times the two correlate. A minimum is more or less so you don't have people getting points for something just like: Jeremy was angry his camp was attacked. Jeremy found a sword in the grass and picked it up. He flipped it in his hands with a smie. Then he charged with it.

^ Basically just looking for more. How much, exactly, can be decided on by admins. And if you write a magnificent 3k word post, maybe extra points are awarded at the end.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:34 pm

RP CONTEST YEEEEAAAHHH
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:00 am

I like all of the ideas! I say lets do them!
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 am

I love everything but the battle I've been wanting to do for a while because people can easily god mod without it. What you would do is roll the dice for yourself at the beginning of every post. It would then tell you what you are going to be having your character do during the post. YAY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen   Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could never tell you what happened, the day I turned seventeen, the rise of a king and the fall of a queen
Page 1 of 1