Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. Empty
PostSubject: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:03 pm

COLBY~JAYDE~FISER

In the newly built library is not the place you'd think to look for Colby. For one she was never a passonaite reader or even seemed to have the control to sit still long enough to get past the first page, but her she was. Albeit she wasn't really reading as much as hiding behind a pile of books on a desk.

At first site you'd wouldn't notice her being any different from anyone else here. But the fact she turned the pages much to quickly and her shoulder blade length hair in a messy side pony tail stands of half dry hair made it look like she had just gotten out of the lake or shower. The way her forset green eyes darted towards the entrace gave away the fact she was trying to stay hidden. Colbs was never good at blending into the crowd though.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=33793464

Last edited by Colby on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Tara wasn't doing much today, just wandering around, exploring the camp. She now had a slight idea of what was going on, and how things worked around here. She now accepted this new home of hers without any doubts or complaints--but that didn't stop her from wandering once in a while, if all this was really happening.
One of the places Tara had not bothered to come before was the Library. Tara had never been a much of a fan of reading, especially with her case of dylexia and ADHD. However, she learned that almost every demigod had this problem, which comforted her very much.
Anyways. The library was the few places Tara had not been at yet, so here she was, exploring the library. As far as she could see, there was nothing special here. Just books. Endless shelves of books, and the occasional camper scattered here and there, peering into a book. Tara saw some familiar faces, but not many.

Tara was skimming over these sea of faces, when her eye caught one face in particilar. It was a girl, maybe a year or two older than herself. She had an odd look in her eyes, and they kept on darting around back and forth.

"Hello," Tara said to her a bit cautiously, wondering if she was getting herself into some problems. Tara had always been the type of person to go around talking to a lot of people, eager to help in any way. However, at camp, Tara discovered this wasn't such a great trait. At Camp Half blood, a lot of the help the Campers needed were either life-threatening or absolutely horrid. Even so, Tara couldn't help herself from pulling herself into this one. This odd girl in front of her looked interesting, and Tara was curious.
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy

Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 pm

(Jacob)I walked into the library,being a new kid from Athena,hoping more people would be like me.What i found was a girl who couldn't seem to read a book. And a girl who I'd only met once this morning.I sighed and sat next to the girl I didn't know
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:58 pm

COLBY~JAYDE~FISER

Colby calmed down when she noticed someone looking at her. Pushing a strand of long curly black hair out of her face she smiled warmly at the girl. "Hey" She put the book down now having not fooled anyone with the fake reading.

She turned as someone else sat by her, he looked alittle upset or uncaring by his quick actions and unfriendly posture. Kicking her barefeet over the floor having done kicked her shoes off as soon as she came in she looked back up to the first people. 'Best make new friends before they drag she drags me off again'

"I'm Colby Fiser" She said looked back over the girls shoulder towards the entrace. "Why don't you sit down?" She asked with a slightly rushing tone.

Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Tara jumped a little when he heard a boy she hadn't noticed before sigh. He looked familiar, but Tara couldn't place his name. She pursed her lips, and turned to the girl instead.

"Tara Wood," Tara said, looking at the girl amusedly as she set her book down. It was obvious that she knew that she was caught, but she still looked nervous for some reason. Still confused, Tara uncertainly took a seat next to the girl. "Is something wrong?" she asked nervously.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:49 pm

COLBY~JAYDE~FISER

Noticeing the worried tone in Tara's voice she tilted her head alittle. "I'm sorry I must of scared you." Her dark bottomless green eyes seemed to study the girl like a math problem figuring she was as Athena child by her apperence. "Nothing is wrong, I'm just kinda hiding from a truck and crazy redhead." A joking smile pastered to her face as turned to the boy. "And you are?"

Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Tara had seen more unusual things at her short time at the Camp. This couldn't be any more unusual, right? "Uh," she said, half smiling. "Should I be worried?"
Tara too turned to the boy, wondering who exactly he was and where she had seen him before.
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy

Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:25 pm

I looked at Tara and colby "I'm Jacob Brisk..............." I told them.I pulled out my laptop and started typing.It had all of my ideas.Every single last one.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:31 pm

COLBY~JAYDE~FISER

Colby nodded and ingored as he started to type wildly on the laptop. Turning back to Tara she shook her head. "No. I'm not up to talking to them in there lovesick state right now." She lent showing a hint of disgust in her voice.
Hosently she was upset since one of her closet friends went off and therefor left she alittle bored but she didn't fouce on the thought long before she started rubbing her finger and thumb together like she had a tiny grain of sand there or somthing.

Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:04 am

Jacob Brisk...sounded familiar enough. The boy seemed rather cold and intimidating, so Tara pursed her lips and turned back to Colby again.
"Lovesick state?" Tara asked, giggling. So that was what this was all about? Tara almost laughed at herself for thinking Colby was running away from deathly monsters, or something of the sort. "Oh yes, because the power of love is just so deathly," Tara said, still giggling.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm

COLBY~JAYDE~FISER

A dark glare was fouced on Tara. "It's not that, I'm happy for the two, it's just there so fouced on there partners and I wanted to be alone and no way is Des roping me into shoping again. I love the girl like a sister but I can't stand her shopping routes." Colby explained while she face morphed from glare to worn out state. "I don't think she unstands that I have cabin leader duties to attend to every day."

Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:22 pm

"Hm," was all Tara said. She was never exactly a shopping fanatic either, but she never really knew why some girls disliked it so much. It was bearable...to a certain point.
"Oh, you're a cabin leader?" Tara asked curiously. "That must be a lot of responsibility."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Colby shruged. "Alot less now that I got my own cabin, Nyx, I was watching over all the minorgods." Looking at her fingers a ball of shadow started to form in her hand and a perfect speare ball sat in her hand about the size of a golf ball. Foucing on the ball that quickly mourphed into a dragon she willed in to stomp on the desk and over the books. It was thick and dark like a shadow but some how seemed dangerous as it chewed on a pencil .
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:19 pm

"I see," Tara said curiously. She was distracted by a little small ball of shadow that Colby had conjured in her hands. She gasped when it morphed into a dragon and chewed on books and other supplies.
"Wow," Tara breathed. "That's amazing." Tara tried to imagine what other things this girl could do.
Then, Tara remembered what they were talking about earlier. "Being a cabin leader over all the minorgod cabins must've been hard. I can barely keep track of all my own half-siblings."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:07 pm

COLBY~JAYDE~FISER

She looked up at the girl and her attention wavered the dragon melting into shadows. "Oh, it's a skill I picked up myself, alittle to much time on my hands.," Looking back at the broken pencil "Guess it comes with staying in the camp for almost 10 years now."

Listening to her talk about her cabin I shook my head. "Most of them know how to take care of themselves for the most part, You in Athena right?"

Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 1:32 pm

"10 years?" Tara repeated after the girl, her eyes wide with shock. She herself had barely spent a month at the Camp now, and she couldn't imagine how it would've been like it she had spent almost all her life at the camp. Most of her childhood anyways. "Wow. That's... not a short time, that's for sure."

"Yes, I'm a daughter of Athena. What gave it away?" Tara asked, with a cheeky smile. She was just joking, but at the same time curious. She didn't consider herself as some sort of a super genius or extreme nerd that all the other cabin mates of hers seemed to be.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Colby shrugged. "It's not a big deal, I could go home, I just don't want to I honestly don't think I was missed." She looked out the window of the cabin with a never ending soft simle. "I'm from Mississippi originally. What about you?" She asked her far away eyes now solely watching Tara's expression.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:13 am

"I'm from a lot of places," Tara admitted. "My Father liked moving around a lot. And now I guess I know why... sort of."
Tara nodded sadly. Ever since she had came to camp, she had heard other Campers with Colby's story. "I know what you mean," Tara said. "And apparently so do half the campers here," Tara added a bit bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:34 pm

She shrugged. "Mortals can be selfish." She concluded. "They will be happy to give up a person for a safer life. Not all of them, but most" These words had no bitterness no scorn. It was like she was telling you a fact about an animal, indifference.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:19 pm

"Yes," Tara said sadly. She was surprised by the way Colby talked about mortals. Tara had seen several different reactions towards mortals at camp--and some of them weren't all that nice. Colby didn't seem to care, or at least she didn't show it if she did.
"But can you blame them?" Tara asked. "You have to admit, some things must be confusing. Imagine your whole life being covered by the Mist. Perhaps they don't know what they're doing, and here we stand, calling them selfish. We shouldn't judge mortals just based on the people we know."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Colby smiled slightly. "But they are, it's in their nature. And we're half mortal, we're selfish to. Some more then others. Motals tend to be just alittle worse. Gods aren't most giving beings either." You'd expect these words to be spoken with bitterness, however they weren't just like the others. Her pine green eyes looked at the book in her hand with a wrinkle of her nose to show distaste she dropped it back.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 pm

"How can you be calm about all this?" Tara asked Colby. The way she voiced her question was out of pure curiosity, but also a bit demanding. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude."
Tara sighed, leaning into the back of her seat. "I just realized very recently...some people here.. they've had bad experiences. With both mortals and Gods, I mean."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:35 am

Colby was just alittle taken surprized and rised an eyebrow. Looking at the girl carfully, her eyes boring into the girls. Colby's eyes were her weakess points, and strongest. They were like an untamed fire that burned so hot it felt like ice, they licked at her pupiles with a emarld hue. However they never looked mad, like a flash of what she was capiable of. Colbs smiled softly, "Should I react irrationally?"
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:37 am

Tara felt a bit uncomfortable when the girl stared at her like that, with her sharp eyes. "Um," she said uncertainly. "Well, it's in human nature to give some sort of response, is it not?"
Tara found herself wondering if she would regret bringing up this topic in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Colby shrugged. "I have a response. Non-difference. I'm not going to go a preach on how horrid parents can be, sure I understand it and how some feel about it, but its not my problem if they hate their parents." Her face remained soft and calm. It natural on her features which were undoubtably pretty, but dangerous pretty. However the emotions didn't seem to change. Like they were well made masks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.   King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King of Diamonds, Queen of Hearts.
Page 1 of 1