Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) Empty
PostSubject: This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)   This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:53 pm

This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) TStVl

ıııııııııııııııııııııııııııııııı

"'Its a Windmill, now please, leave me alone," Conrad said exasperatedly, turning left away from the main forest path, deeper into the forest.

"No, come on. A last one!" It whined, near-panicking, leaping in front of him and blocking the camper's way, yet again. "Its not possible! Nobody has ever solved more than fifty of my riddles. Let's say Zeus gave Hermes fifteen cents, and Athena ten cents. What time is it?"

Again he was forced to stop. Pushing away his annoyance, something he feared he could do no longer, he snapped sarcastically, "Certainly not, its been the hundredth and fifty-seventh time you've claimed to accidentally 'met' me. Which means you've asked me about, oh a thousand and ninety-nine questions? Not to mention your siblings. Exactly how many sisters do you have? Do I look like your entertainment?" Conrad was not in a good mood today. He came into the forest hoping to find peace. Well, what he found was far from that. This particular Sphinx always seemed to find him, even tracking him to his father's meet in China he was forced to go to. Now that, was a near disaster. He was not fond of erasing memories.

He sighed irritably, knowing that it wouldn't go until he answered the next question. Yet it was never the last one. "Its one forty-five," Conrad said in a controlled tone. "Though Athena would not be happy, getting the lesser amount."

He looked at the creature, waiting for it to move. Of course, it stayed crouched, its lion mane glinting in the sunlight, obviously fuming and refusing to stand. Just as Conrad was about to drop a tree on it to chase it away or something, a noticed a camper approach a few yards away. He turned to that direction.

Last edited by Summer~ on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) Empty
PostSubject: Re: This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)   This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:16 pm

"To be, or not to be, that is the question."
Hamlet by William Shakespeare: Act III. Scene I.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) Ace
All Ace knew was that he had heard an annoyed guy's voice and then a whiny, desperate girl's voice and had stupidly decided to investigate. He had definitely not been expecting to see a Sphinx standing - er, crouching there. Hand immediately drifting toward the hilt of Afterglow, he gritted his teeth.

"No," Ace said clearly as the Sphinx's eyes locked onto his. "No, no, no. I am not answering questions about trivia. Especially not your questions" He said, hand resting on his hilt in case the weird lion lady thing decided to pounce.

To be honest,, Sphinxes looked like extremely uncomfortable creatures. He didn't understand how some monsters coped with their weird state of half other thing-ness. Did they have support groups where they discussed how they felt about it? Did they maybe have self-esteem issues? Maybe there were even ad campaigns that told them that they were beautiful, with all their legs and fur. Were monsters actually really insecure and sensitive people?
It was a curious and slightly amusing thought. Amusing enough to make Ace snicker a little bit, although he hid it (not very well) with a cough covered by his fist.

The guy must really like trivia. If he wanted to take any risks, he could have just hopped on the internet and done those trivia quizzes that were available to everyone. Or done a crossword puzzle. Had the guy just gone wandering the forest in deliberate search of a Sphinx? Some people were definitely strange and difficult to understand. Difficult for Ace to understand, at least. Maybe a kindred trivia geek might be more understanding but he was definitely not a kindred trivia geek. "Look, buddy, I realize that your love for trivia is undoubtedly overwhelming and you just can't get enough of it, but Sphinxes also happen to be a bit dangerous, so I don't really understand how you can just casually chat with it - sorry, her like this."

(( HAHA I'M AN EXTREMELY SLOW POSTER, I'M SORRY. ))

she puts the weights into my little heart / and she gets in my room and she takes it apart
obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)   This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 am

This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) TStVl

Seeing another camper appear from in between the trees, Conrad decided on something. If that guy would be useful in getting the Sphinx away, he really didn't care if he got the wrong idea about him.

"Oh hey, Ace," Conrad greeted smoothly with a grin, as if they actually knew each other. "Point taken, Sphinxes can undoubtedly be treacherous and merciless at times, compliment of course. I was just leaving." He then turned to the Sphinx and commented to her, "That's my friend, we went to the same school before entering camp. When he says he doesn't want to answer such questions, it’s actually a challenge. He beat me on a test once, you should try him."

The Sphinx immediately turned her gaze to the camper with interest, and padded towards him curiously. Conrad dodged the snake-headed tail that swung past him. The Sphinx settled down in front of the teen and squarely shot off a question,

"What force and strength cannot get through,
I with a gentle touch can do.
In the street many would stand,
Were I not a friend at hand.
What am I?”

Conrad winked at the camper, slowly backing away towards the borders of campus. That guy was stuck until the question was answered, as such were the rules that bonded these types of magic. Either it was answered, or he got eaten, unless he was given the permission to run away. Conrad wasn't really bothered one way or the other. That thing has a mental problem, he thought. Either it got angry you answered the question right, and ask another question, or attack you because you got it wrong.

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)   This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 am

This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) Ace
Ace cast a blank look in the direction of the guy. He knew him? Apparently he should have known him since the other guy seemed to know his name. "Uh, hi." Ace greeted, face deadpan save a slight twitch at the corner of his mouth. Honestly, he felt like he had never seen this guy before in his life. He was probably an Athena kid. Athena kids knew everything. They knew your name, where you came from, which teletubby had been your favourite when you were 3, everything. They were kind of creepy. Although he would never say it to their face. Because they were creepy.

His mouth dropped open when the guy continued to talk. WHAT? He mouthed at the other boy, half-tempted to use his sword on him. "I.. What? No, I didn't-" Ace spluttered and was interrupted by the Sphinx patiently rattling off a riddle. Ace hated riddles. He wasn't really an out-of-the-box kind of thinker and riddles required out-of-the-box thinking. Cursing to himself, he subtly slipped into a ready position. "You're a Sphinx. You monsters are such lost creatures, aren't you? Is it often that you forget who you are?" He drawled dryly, catching the camper's wink and sending him an annoyed look in reply.

When the Sphinx hissed and lunged for him, Ace dodged easily, unsheathing his sword and swinging at the monster. Seeing the camper backing his way into camp, he shook his head and swore to himself. "You," He said through his teeth. "Definitely owe me for this, jussayin'." He finished, stepping out of the way of another one of the Sphinx's swipes although one of her claws managed to open a rip on the front of his sweater. He looked at the rip unhappily and then glanced at the other guy reproachfully. Yep, he definitely owed him - big time.

she puts the weights into my little heart / and she gets in my room and she takes it apart
obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)   This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Conrad suppressed an amused snicker. He could've simply answered the question, but noo, he decided to use the other approach and fight the Sphinx. It probably wasn't the best way to deal with such things. Then the camper mentioned something about owing him. Conrad sighed and stopped. No, he definitely did not owe that camper anything. He turned and leaned against a tree, directly facing the fight, glancing upwards at the branches that spreaded over the clearing.

"I did not ask for you to volunteer as bait. Nor for you to verbally goad a Sphinx into attacking you." Watching the camper's predicament, he did not feel inclined to help at all. He got himself into this mess, he should get himself out of it.

He watched lazily as the Sphinx slashed at the camper's jacket, personally hoping that the Sphinx would finally get off his back, and gotten rid of for a couple of months. That would be such a relief. Nope, it did not bother him the least how he was using that guy. He could fend for himself, surely.

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)   This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm

An annoyed laugh burst out of Ace as he heard what the other guy had to say. "When he says he doesn't want to answer trivia, it's a challenge," Ace mimicked, lithely avoiding the Sphinx's assaults. He swung savagely at the Sphinx and he leapt out of the way when she shrieked and dove for him - but her claws managed to rake down the side of his face anyway. Ace cursed and staggered a bit as the blood immediately bubbled and spilled over, pressing the sleeve of his sweater to the wound in an effort to stem the blood flow.

Sensing weakness, the Sphinx went for another attack but Ace drove Afterglow through her chest and she evaporated in a shower of dust. How unfair it was that monsters just disappeared like that. Grains of sand in the wind. Demigods were left as gory corpses after battle - but Ace guessed anything else would have meant they weren't as human as they were. "You know what," Ace spat. "Forget about it, just get out of here. You don't owe me anything. Just go wherever you were planning on going." He said, sitting down on a fallen log and keeping pressure on the lacerations. His eyes were fixed firmly on a tree. He was about 110% sure that he should make his way to the infirmary but he was feeling a little light-headed and sitting down for a little bit seemed like a good option.

obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)   This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Conrad raised an eyebrow. "I'm sure I didn't mention the word 'triva' just now." He saw the Sphinx burst into dust and nodded. Time to go, he decided, stepping away from the tree he was leaning on. Just as he turned to go, he caught sight of the camper, and a rare expression flitted across his face. It wasn't guilt.. was it? Surely not... But nobody would know, for it was gone in a blink, replaced by his customary lack of emotion.

Suddenly he paused and chortled almost derisively, "Go to the infirmary, you wouldn't want that to get infected, would you?" The demigod then disappeared behind the undergrowth, heading back to camp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)   This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This, is the hundredth and fifty-seventh time. No, I am not looking forward to it. (Crispy)
Page 1 of 1