Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Random Events and FASHION

Go down 
+6
Nico
FudgeeBear
Skye
dean
Sniggle
Crispy Bacon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

Random Events and FASHION Empty
PostSubject: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Yes, this idea is inspired by the random events on Runescape and also, the Demigod Diaries.

Basically, with random events, admins/mods would invade random threads (unless the topic has a significant plot of its own or something) and then assign the characters random tasks to complete.

Like, one moment a couple is having a heated argument and then DOOF, Eris sticks them in a locked room like one of those find-your-way-out-of-this-house games and they have to find their way out, yup. Or it could just be random gods appearing before them and then sending them off to do chores/errands for them.

Kind of like how random gods sometimes interrupt quests in the books in order to have Percy and/or Annabeth do things for them, like Ares telling them to go get his INFIDELIC GIRLFRIEND'S SCARF OF LOVE for him. I mean, it's highly unlikely that gods will just be a nuisance on quests and dates (*cough* great timing, Hermes *cough*), THEY ARE LIKELY TO BE NUISANCES ERRYDAY.

It wouldn't have to be all the time or anything though, I was thinking it might be more of a rare occasion which would make it PRECIOUS.

Also, since a fair amount of members regularly use Polyvore to make outfits for characters, maybe we could have some sort of fashion contest or something of that sort? IDK, JUST THROWING THIS OUT THERE.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:35 pm

I LIKE THE FIRST IDEA SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH OMFG

AEOLUS CAN HAVE FUN

SO MUCH FUN

/FLIES

oh wait what if you're not a mod/admin but have a god does that still apply?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 am

I like it, but what if members don't like us butting into them?
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 am

OMG I MUST APPLY FOR A GOD THEN LOL.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:34 am

YES ALL OF IT YES
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 am

^o^ I LIKE IT ORZ.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:15 am

YES. and if they don't want admins bumping in they could make their topic gray/grey?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:21 am

Most people would forget to and then complain afterwards. Plus, it makes it kind of complicated to RP on the site. We need an easy way. Also if its everyone with a god or goddess canon you can beat they won't be as rare as they should.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:33 am

OH YES, CANON CHARACTERS WITH GODS TOO. THIS MAKES SENSE. :'D

Well, they don't necessarily have to be rare? I mean, I think gods would be nuisances to everyone on a daily basis, I kind of just wanted to make it less of a hassle on mods/admins but it makes sense for canons with gods to do it too, so RARITY IS NOT REALLY IMPORTANT?

ANYBODY WHO COMPLAINS IS A LOSER. loljkiloveyouall
Maybe we could compile a list of people who would be okay with having their threads interrupted on occasion? I mean, I didn't think that anyone would really mind because it seems like it would be a lot of fun, but I think a list would be okay.

And how would it be complicated to rp? :P

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:35 am

Not to RP. To organize.

Having a sign up sheet type system would be good.

I still think they need to at least be moderately rare. Gods are annoying, but they wouldn't demand help from their children five times a day, would they?
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 am

Then use the "hat" to choose the thread which a god would butt in ^o^
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 am

I don't think they would be quite that common, man. I think you're forgetting how lazy some of us can be. xD

But if you're worried about that, you could maybe get an idea of who's interested in assigning these tasks and then you can all keep track of how many tasks you assign. Maybe around two a month or something each? Or would that still be too common? :'D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 am

That means we'd have to compile a list of every thread the people that have signed up for it (and that would be a lot) and do that every week or so. Choosing one RP'er per week would be better. Or fortnightly.

The only problem I have with the rarity is that some people would apply for canons with half assed applications just to do it. And bam everyone has a god thread.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:42 am

Whaat?

UH OKAY, JUST DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:43 am

Sorry I'm tired :(
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 am

IT'S OKAY ZELL-MUFFINS. /gives lollipop
But if you guys are willing to take this on, I think it might be better to decide amongst yourselves what's comfortable for you how you'll go about it and stuff, since I will most likely only make it more complicated for you. :'D

ALSO FASHION CONTESTS, YEA OR NAY?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 am

YAY.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:03 am

You will then get to see my pathetic fashion skills. Yup. I will fail at this.

Can I be a judge??????

Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 am

YAY. Fashion contest will be an amazing stuff. OMGEE CABIN 10. I can see Daryl.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

the first idea is so good omg. i wuld love something like that to happen in any of my topics at tense moments because DRAMA WHIRLWIND WHOOOOOO

alli bieber wrote:
YES. and if they don't want admins bumping in they could make their topic gray/grey?

You’re inability to determine whether gray or grey is the right word in this context just made me think you’re even cuter. And I didn’t think that was even possible :3 ell Nico she’s cute yesss
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:46 am

SO I AM FINALLY ABLE TO SAY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY!

I really love the first idea <3 I mean, how fun would it be? I know that I've been in one or two RP's that just fizzled out cause there wasn't anymore action, and we couldn't decided what to do. I just think you'd need to find an appropriate way of doing it, because if I was in the middle of a Tayburn topic [Cam I am going to post] I wouldn't want ya'll to come along and ruin it. I think the leaving the topic grey isn't the best solution, because I like coloring my topics colours that I associate with my characters. Buffy, Cyan / Anya, Yellow if you get me. So I think there would need to be a system sorted. Maybe a certain symbol that someone could put in their topic name so as to differentiate between people who don't mind crashing and those who do. All in all though, this is like, the greatest suggestion ever XD

The second idea, the fashion contests would be awesome XD I mean, it would be something that isn't seasonal like Halloween, but special Fashion Contests could run on the holidays with certain themes. I'd love to be a part of one XD

All in all, I think both are perfect <3
-Vina
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:02 am

Some people would just forget to do it. A sign up list would be better. You sign you and your characters up for it, admins pick you out of a hat once every two weeks or so, and you get a nice action packed thread. If you haven't been on and replying in the thread within a certain period of time, you miss out.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:21 am

WHEEEE. I love the "hat." It makes everything easier.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:22 am

the Hat does. *v*

But what if anyone with canon gods just sent a pm with an application detailing what they intend to do in a thread? And then admins/mods can accept/reject it.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 am

^ I like the hat idea. And the Canon Gods thing. Cause with Artemis for example, she's able to interfere more directly with Half-Bloods because of being the Goddess of the Hunt and all.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Events and FASHION   Random Events and FASHION I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Events and FASHION
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next