Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}

Go down 
+3
Banana
Sniggle
Nico
7 posters

Thoughts?
Yay
Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_vote_lcap87%Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_vote_rcap
 87% [ 13 ]
Nay
Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_vote_lcap7%Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Other (comment)
Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_vote_lcap6%Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} Empty
PostSubject: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Yeah, I know, I don't usually post suggestions, but I've had one for a while that I suddenly feel like sharing. Selfparaing.

For those of your who don't know, selfparaing is like fanfiction, but your making a relevant post between one or more of your characters. You could write out an adventure your character went on, by themselves or with minor characters that I know we all make up in rp's, you could have two of your own characters interact, and you could even write a monologue of sorts for your characters.

Now, you're probably thinking: people are just going to do this for the posts, people will stop rp'ing with each other, blah blah blah. My suggestion is that we make a section in the chat-style grouping of sub-forums for paraing. To keep from people posting there just for post count or drachmas, you could allow only one topic per person going on at a time. They can only make a new topic once every month or two months, and since everyone's will be in the same section, with one topic per user, it will be relatively easy to monitor. You could also give a word count to keep the good posting up. (though that isn't really part of my suggestion.)

That's all I have to say. When I have muse, I kind of want to be able to rp with myself to keep it going. It's different than fanfiction. It's selfparaing. Also, if that didn't make sense, I'd look up selfparaing. You'll find better information than I can provide you with.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Isn't that just like writng fanfiction with your oc(s)? Like you say it's nt but then what is the difference?
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Self para- is a para a roleplayer would write with their character only, meaning nobody would reply to it and add their two cents. Its purpose is for the roleplayer to develop their character and delve into their thoughts. It's a place to explore your character and can be viewed as a type of journal.

Fanfic- when someone takes a story and writes their own story based off of the original. Fanfictions can include crossovers, where new characters are introduced or characters from other stories are mixed in.

There doesn't seem like a difference now because some people are already putting selfparas in the fanfiction section. This is because there is no selfpara section. So I suggested one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:01 am

So, it's just kind of like writing stories about your character, or having threads by yourself, with no one else involved? I kind of like this idea; it's something I've wanted to do before.

Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} 1dab
yes yes I'm very punny am I not?
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:08 am

Riiiight Zelly. OMG dude

I say we give this a try. Although I find it like a fanfiction or something- like building plotlines-, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Oh, apparently I just self-para then, and I don't write fanfiction hahaha.

Instead of making an entirely new section though, what if we just adjust the fanfiction subforum and make it the fanfiction and self-para(graphing?) forum? Since people already have done this and put it in the fanfic subforum anyway?
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} Tumblr_mah4cmVIKx1ramh3so1_500
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:49 am

Chrome Lion wrote:
Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} Tumblr_mah4cmVIKx1ramh3so1_500

Zan I want something like that. I was contemplating making one, BUT NOW I HAVE TO!
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 am

SELF PARAING IS NOT FANFICTION.

You still can't godmod. Or powerplay. It's usually the stuff you write in a character form to create more of a realistic character. However, I think it should just go in the plotting form along with the plot pages.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm

How do you power play when they're both your characters though? Since they're both yours it's like asking yourself permission for one character to hurt another or whatever, and then granting yourself permission. ._. Like I still don't get the difference--

Also how do you godmod in a fanfiction or self-paraing? You're the author so can't you do whatever you want--?
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} Kenzie12
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:23 pm

@sni: I think you might be a little confused ...

You aren't writing a story. You're righting a one sided post. A rp post that no one will reply to.

Unless both of the characters are yours. But that's not really how you selfpara, just a possibility.

Theater Reference: a selfpara is like a character monologue. There are no other actors speaking during a monologue, but other characters can be mentioned and so forth. It's also not a full play. (not a story or entire plot.)

Dance reference: it's like a solo. You're performing to the audience, they're in on it, but it's just you up there dancing, telling the story, yada yada yada.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Honestly, I think this is a pretty chilling idea, and I think It would be intresting to see what people could come up with. I mean, it couldn't hurt, right? Just another section for people to let out their sexy muse, I guess. :P

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}   Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selfparaing like a pro. {yup, a nico suggestion}
Page 1 of 1