Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?

Go down 
+2
Zan
Sniggle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? Empty
PostSubject: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Yes I can do everything you need from out of my new SUV
All my work is guaranteed to last the length of your recovery

It's always Dresden Dolls and/or Amanda Palmer, bby. So let's get to business.

So we have that nice scrolling marquee at the top of the page that show announcements, yeah? I was thinking we might put it to some good use. Maybe allow the cabin leaders to utilize it for strictly cabin events, kinda like the admins are currently doing with the battle. Like, I'm the hephy cabin leader, so for instance, if I was having event I could just put up a little announcement saying "Hephaestus cabin is having a football game!" or something tiny like that. Idk if this'll go through, but I more or less just wanted to see if there was any interest in it?

It only applies to cabin leaders who are throwing events, the announcement would only last a week, and there could only be so many scrolling at the same time. Hopefully not every cabin is having an event at the same time, lol.

But yeah, I'm hoping that maybe this'll promote more cabin-only events that members with characters in those cabins can partake in? It'll make the CL job more hands-on and, with any luck, provide more small-time events for the site.

I'm also going to talk to the other admins and mods about allowing CLs to make posts in the news and announcements for cabin events. Of course, all of this is completely experimental and nothing more than an idea at the moment. But before I even bring it up there, I thought I'd try to get some opinions on whether people or not think these things would actually be helpful or if it would just waste space. If we had too many event notices going out and once, we might begin to take them for granted. Keep that in mind. There's pros and cons, but just give me your opinion. No poll, because I prefer written out answers, so that if you wish to tweak either of these ideas or add specifics, you can.

So to sum it up:

-CLs being able to put short advertisements on the scrolling marquee
-CLs being able to make announcements in the news and announcement section for different cabin events

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:32 pm

approval from zan.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Sounds good. There definitely needs to be a way CL's can get news across other than just posting in the cabin.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Yeah, I tried that with Avery's house party and I had to like beg for replies from people lmao.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Dean's stamp of approval.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 pm

let's get some opinions from those who aren't cl's toooo /licks members
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:06 pm

I think it might be pretty cool. Though the title was really confusing XD
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Sniggle always starts her suggestions with Amanda Palmer and/or Dresden Doll lyrics. It means that if you want to have a say you actually have to go inside and read everything lmao. PROMOTE READING YAY
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:28 pm

^ LOL Snig
I think this is a good idea /thumbs up.
Snig, well done! Loved the other ideas to, only I just wasn't able to type then XD
BUT YEAH! CL NEED TO BE ABLE TO LET US KNOW XD

~Vina
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?   I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've been baking cakes for the enemy, I've been dying to find out the hard way, I've been taking friends to the alleyway, two down now but who's counting anyway?
Page 1 of 1