Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Character Mods

Go down 
+4
Gazimu
jessica
Prince Hawk
Sniggle
8 posters

Character Mods?
The team is fine as is
Character Mods I_vote_lcap35%Character Mods I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
We need more people on the team
Character Mods I_vote_lcap35%Character Mods I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
Admins and mods still need to be able to accept characters
Character Mods I_vote_lcap30%Character Mods I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Talk of adding more character mods to the staff has been going on, as well as still having mods and admins accept characters. I'm personally indifferent to everything, but since ideas have been sprouting, here's a poll. The poll will last 5 days, and actions will be taken at the end of the 5 days based on the poll.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 pm

This is my reasoning to voicing my concern, and i shall share it with you.

It has been brought to my attention concerning the new Character Mod staff position, that the idea has not the right potential. Before the new mods were announced, we had a total of about 10 staff members that could accept new charries, however with this new staff position, there are only 4 members that can accept new charries. The character mod position was created to make the accepting process faster, but with only 4 members I don’t see how it will help with that, in fact i believe it will have the opposite effect. My suggestion to the staff would be to open a nomination thread have let the members decide who they think would be a good member to add to the team, and then let them vote as well. Then we could have a bigger team, and have more efficient charrie accepting time.

Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Sorry for bouble posting.
Also with the poll, im not sure that the admins/mods should get to accept the charries again.
They added the new group so they wouldnt have to deal with accepting charries, and so they would be able to focus on the more important stuff like planning activities. To again have them accepting charries would be contradicting the whole idea of the group. I however can see that it would solve this imediate problem, but it might also create more.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 pm

While I do understand where you're coming from, I don't believe we need the same amount of character mods as we do regular mods or admins.

Say we have 10 mods. They have to:
-moderate the site
-moderate the chat
-help put in ideas
-review suggestions
-run events

and on top of that they'd have to accept characters.

The character mod's duties would be solely to accept characters. It's their #1 priority, where as it might not have been the mod's #1 priority, and so it might've needed to be pushed off, or take some time to accomplish. So yes, while I could see the installation of another one or two character mods, we wouldn't need the number to be equal to the amount of mods and admin there are. And keep in mind, when she returns from her short hiatus, Sapphire(assuming she proves herself to be active again), will be joining the team.

But again, I'm not really intense about the issue. I do think, on a personal level, that the people to join the team(if there should be more) are to be elected by staff. And I say that because we've done character accepting in the past, or they're doing it now. Staff has chosen the people to join the character mods who they thought made great, note-worthy characters. And for others who's writing abilities stand out to the staff, they also make it on the team.

However, we can't have every member who is extremely active and a great writer be put on the team. That would simply be an overdose of staffing. So, if it comes to that, the staff will nominate people, and then maybe the members can vote from the nominees. I'd be able to settle with that.

Assuming the poll goes that direction.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah, i understand that when i said 10-15 CM i was over exaggerting. Add a few more CM would be the best option, because it would be there priority to accept charries, going back to have the admins accept charries would be counter preductive because it would just add the very stress they got rid of by making this group.

The team is not fine as it is, while i know the current member are great. 4 CM would be about ezuivalent to how many mod/admin we had before. the point of this group was to make acceptance faster, and in order to do that we need larger CM group, maybe about 5-6.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm just gonna say one thing here, but hopefully it will leave a big impact on most of you:

QUALITY IS BETTER THAN QUANTITY! D:
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:39 pm

i dont really see how that applies here. if its speed we are looking for, then quantity is what we are after.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Yes, but the quality of these people that are accepting characters would be way better than 10 or 15 people who don't have as much quality as say, like five.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm

yes, but not as good as 6-7 people with good quality, which with this site is perfectly doable.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:45 pm

But we don't know if that sixth person has that good quality that we're looking for.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 pm

i can name several more people with as good quality as the 4 current CM, so yes we do.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:55 pm

This mini debate can go on and on because of all the ifs.

Facts are the big guns of word wars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 pm

You know, this is really up to the character mods. If we feel that we need help, we will ask for help.
This makes some of us pretty uncomfortable. It also makes some of us feel like we aren't doing a good job, but we've only been around for a few days.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Hawk. The fact that someone is good at writing or that they make good characters has nothing to do with it. We need people who are good at looking for the flaws, analyzing characters, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Cherry this has nothing to do with you not doing a good job, this is about speed, and i think more members are needed to make things go faster than they were before.

Someone who is good at making charries would also be good an analyzing and making flaws, they need to be in order to make good charries.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that everyone who can write HAS to know how to analyze characters.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:51 pm

yes but most of the good charrie writes WILL know how to analyze charries, and we do have several good charrie writers on here.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Hawk, your vote is your vote. Voicing your opinion once is enough. We understand, but that doesn't mean we're changing our votes. We stand by our opinion and understanding the situation, then so do you. That's it. The end.

/sighs.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Not necessarily. They might be good at making characters or they may have just gotten lucky. Not only do they need to look for flaws, they need to make sure that the characters personality doesn't clash too much. They also need to make sure that the characters positive traits balance with their negative traits, appearance and personality wise.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:03 pm

We haven't had that many people make character lately. I don't think there's a need for more. Four is enough. And we're on all the time. So I don't think that there's a reason for more.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:10 pm

I really think four is enough for now. The people that were chosen are amazing! Maybe, in the future we'll add one or two, but for now let's just keep it at four.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:18 am

Attention.

People have cheated on the poll. They've advertised for people with accounts on another site to vote certain answers. Therefore, it has been closed, and everything will remain as is.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, here:

https://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/t11392-about-the-staff-wipe-poll
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:31 pm

The problem with CHB is that the admins here can't prioritize. I myself have been an admin on numerous sites [[including my own, which died last winter. xD]] and although only one of them remains, I've learned how to do things along the way.
You need to set your priorities straight when you're an admin. First of all, you need to log on everyday, if you can. Secondly, you need to check out the admin area before you even consider going near a chatbox. Check out the stuff there, reply to the topics that await inside. Then, move onto PMs. Respond to the members' questions, etc. After that, you check for characters that need accepting. I personally only monitor the boards if someone complains about a topic, but others have different styles, I know.
Only after all of this is done should you even consider going onto the Chatbox.
And you CERTAINTLY should not be breaching the code in the Chatbox, which includes [[in CHB's case]]:
  • Not making other people uncomftorble
  • Keep all language and topics PG
  • Respect everyone.

The idea for character mods has been shot down before, two examples being here and here. I, personally, think that the character mods are pointless [[no offence, guys]] because the admins should do that job, just like most other admins out there in the world. You're just passing on your work to people lower down. Plus, it clots up the site.

-- ninja;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Mods   Character Mods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Mods
Page 1 of 1