Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic

Go down 
5 posters

Should it be locked or deleted?
The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_vote_lcap6%The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Deleted
The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_vote_lcap71%The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 22 ]
Neither (please state your reason below)
The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_vote_lcap23%The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic Empty
PostSubject: The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic   The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:55 am

Now before you scream at me for locking your precious secrets topic, let me explain.

• Members feel as if that topic is being abuse.

I for one, agree with that. The topic is being misused and abused. It's not cool. It's been used to call people out and it's been used to start drama and I'm done and sick and tired of it.

• Feelings are being hurt everyday.

Multiple people have been complaining about their hurt feelings. MULTIPLE. No one is to be getting their feelings hurt around here. That's extremely uncalled for.

• The topic itself is tearing the site apart.

This one kind of speaks for itself now. Because of all the drama and such, I feel as thought it is tearing the site apart. Not to mention, several people have stated the same.

So there you have it. Those are some decent reasons why it should be locked. But now, here's the real question. Should it be deleted? If it's deleted, none of the posts will ever be able to be seen again, which'll prevent future drama in case someone brings up a secret of yours. However, if it's deleted, you'll lose your post count. Which is precious to some people. Now, if the topic is just locked and sent to the graveyard, all the posts will be view able still, but you will keep your post count.

I for one, really want this topic to be deleted. It's bringing out the worst in everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic   The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:04 am

I completely agree. I think it should be deleted, so nobody will be burdened about finding out that someone doesn't like them or thinks horribly of them again. Because I've seen that happen multiple times. At one point the topic was innocent--people talked about home problems or life problems or problems on different sites. But eventually, people started using it to secretly gossip about others here. And it's not like it's difficult to establish who is being obscurely mentioned. And, for the people who do hide it well, the wrong people can assume it's them, so they're hurt, even if it had nothing to do with them.

The sooner we get rid of this topic, the better. It was okay at the start, but it went out of hand.

I think, maybe we should replace it with another secrets topic that has rules. Respecting the other people of this site is really the only rule it needs. If your secret concerns other people from this site, then don't post it. It's that simple. We don't need people here getting hurt. And if people disobey that and still say, I hate this person or that person or whatever, then we delete that topic too, and we don't get anymore secret topics.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic   The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 am

I vote for deletion. Its being abused now, it was fun and great in the beginning but people are taking it way to far.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic   The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:17 pm

A lot of people said neither and then nobody posted what they thought should happen... xD
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic   The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Not really. Only 4 because I accidentally selected 'neither' on my stupid iPod. My vote goes to delete ;--;
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic   The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 am

Should probably delete this poll now? Not really relevant as a sticky anymore. Or maybe we should permanently lock it rofl \owo/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic   The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Deletion/Permanent Locking of the Secrets Topic
Page 1 of 1