Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A different way of doing CL elections?

Go down 
+2
Sniggle
cher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

A different way of doing CL elections? Empty
PostSubject: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Well, I'm always seeing people ask the admins for biannual elections, limits to how many times you can rul for CL, etc. And I'm tired of it. 90% of those people who are suggesting these things are either butthurt, or they don't understand the point of being CL.

I was one of those people till I realised that it's not the roleplayer being CL, it's the character that's CL. We tend to forget that. So what I'm suggesting is that we run for CL with a shipper or a small bio, something like you would find in a short app RP. We could post that when we run for CL, and people could read over it.

Everyone gets so caught up in saying 'I'm not going to win the CL elections because I got on this roleplayer's bad side' or 'I'm not that well known on the site, nobody's going to vote for me.', but in reality, everyone's thinking about opinions OOC.

In the CL forum, we're writing from our character's point of view. Is anyone really going to vote for Sutton in a RL situation? Probably not enough to win. Is anyone going to vote for a wimp to be an Ares CL? Probably not.

Nobody really realises that it's the character that's being CL. Not the person.

Our elections should be centered around that.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 pm

I do agree with you that we should put more emphasis on the actual characters running as cabin leaders, however, we should still certainly take the writer behind them into account. If they're not particularly active, even if their character would make a magificent leader, it would all be for nothing. I certainly do see where you're coming from though.

I would make revisions to your first paragraph though. While yes, the butthurt might be angry, the regular member may have similar views. I personally opted for certain cl restrictions, and I didn't exactly lose. The audience isn't made up of 90% butthurt people, and I'd consider re-wording if I were you. Just my two cents.

But I do agree with your main idea, for the most part. Both aspects, ooc AND ic, should be thoroughly considered when electing a leader.
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Right. I agree with both of you. We should take much IC into account, because everybody says it's all about the OOC, which I disagree with, but whatever. Though, you do need a little bit of OOC because, like Snig said, inactivity, and the Roleplaying skill. We don't want a Cabin Leader who has a very bad posting style and spells words wrong and stuff.

Just my opinion, though it basically rewords Cher and Snig's.
~ Alex ;) xx
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

^THIS.
What if, when the opportunity for CL elections arise, the people who want to apply send in certain apps [[like plotters]] about the character which they have to fill in, so that when the voting is posted , along with the apps to read over, the site members who are voting can see the writing standard of the in character applicant, so that the public can see what they are voting for. Cabin Leader is an rp-based position; the applicant should be able to rp coherently. Not that any of our current CLs lack in that department.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:03 pm

^^^ I'm going to piggyback off of what Roo is Zayn because it gave me ideas and I like what she's saying.

Instead of our typical nominations, members could only be allowed to nominate a character that isn't theirs. (horrible grammar, I apologize.) This way most people aren't sure who the character belongs to. (I know personally I don't typically memorize who belongs to who.) The people who are nominated can then send in their apps, like cherrie suggested above. I'm thinking the app could look something like what is pictured in the bottom of this message, inside the spoiler. Admins could post all of the apps, with the usernames at the bottom of the post, under a spoiler, perhaps, so that emotions about users don't conflict with emotions about characters, but they are both up for viewing?

And then the poll can go with the same post of the apps? I hope this wasn't terribly confusing. I ramble my thoughts when I get ideas, as most of the staff can attest to . . .

I only chose Hale because I know him well:
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Nico, that's basically a shipper. DOESNOBODYKNOWWHATASHIPPERIS.

Am I not making my suggestions clear enough? D|

Anyways, I think that everything else that has been suggested regarding the elections would probably be beneficial to voting, and preventing people voting for certain people just because they're mod\admin or they're friends with that person.

However, I think that nominations are more like running for the position. We have more than 100 characters in the Hera cabin, and that wouldn't work. I'm sure that the Apollo cabin has many inhabitants also.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:21 am

I'm a bit confused . . . What are you getting at?

I suggested that you can't nominate yourself, and we don't usually have cabins with too many nominees. The Apollo cabin just usually has a lot. But it's mostly people nominating yourself.

Are you wanting a nomination limit?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:22 am

I'm saying that not everyone is going to know what character to nominate. I'm just saying.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:25 am

Well, I think think of a possible fix, but it doesn't really work. It would require either the staff to do nominations or everyone to just read a lot of rp's. (or only people who know who to nominate will be able to nominate.) Because that's not a very solvable problem. Sadly.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:26 am

-facepalm- That's why I'm saying it shouldn't exactly be 'nominations' it should be 'I'm going to run for CL.'
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:29 am

Ahh, I see what you're hinting at. Butttttt, the reason I suggested the nominate someone else's character is because the character is probably pretty strong if someone else is nominating them, and it keeps the nominations kind of anonymous.

But if nominating yourself is easier then I din't see why we can't do it.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:01 am

As far as anonynous nominees go(I'm fairly certain that was mentioned) I disagree. I want to know who exactly I'm votingfor. If the rper is someone who constantly breaks rules and causes trouble, rarely gets online, etc. I don't want to knowingly vote for them. Personally, I think we should just do what we did for group leader elections.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:04 am

Well, not anonymous, you'll be told at the bottom of the voting poll, but what happened with hunters? xD

{{and sorry, I'm in a bit of a bad mood right now. Been sassy lately. BALME EVERYTHING. xD}}
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:12 am

I don't think this idea would work. Realistically, if it becomes a vote between an extremely good roleplayer and an extremely popular member of CHB, the majority would vote for the latter. It's highly unlikely that the superior roleplayer would win the vote.

Just because you 'should' do something doesn't mean you 'will' do it.

Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Okay, I admit, while writing the first post, I was getting kind of angry over some comments that were personal, and I shouldn't have let those feelings take over me.

I respect your opinions, Rykthrall, but I think that we should at least try. I'm not saying that everyone will start realising things, but I hope that at least few will, and even a few votes make a difference. But here, the superior roleplayer tends to get a staff position or tends to get more popular. Maybe it's changed from last year, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that it goes like that, now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A different way of doing CL elections?   A different way of doing CL elections? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A different way of doing CL elections?
Page 1 of 1