Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A new way of Cabin Leader elections

Go down 
+7
Sorella
Nico
Balisugar
jessica
selene
Gazimu
Prince Hawk
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

A new way of Cabin Leader elections Empty
PostSubject: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:25 pm

So i mentioned this today in the chat box, and i am going to post it here.
I think we should have the Cabin Leader Elections done annonymously, in order to prevenbt CL from becoming a popularity contest as it had been in previous elections. Both nominations and Voting would be annonymos, and the name of the member owning any charrie running would be left of the ballot, and we would just have the charrie interview. this way everyone would be forced to read the interview and wouldnt be able to vote based only on the member they like the most.

Just a suggestion, and definately open to changes and alterations to make it work, but its worth a try.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:28 pm

I like it. Simple, easy to remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 pm

People could always find the characters topic and see who it is, so deleting the members name could be pointless.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm

I agree with Selene, plus, the names have been up for about a day now and a lot of people have already seen them. This is something we could consider for next term though.
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 pm

While I like this idea and think that it would be great if possible I'm going to have to agree with Selene. People can easily go into the Character Submission section and find out who made the character.
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:10 am

Also, we do want to keep in mind that even if a character is fit to be a CL, that doesn't mean the rp'er that controls them is. The vote should be equal parts in character and out, which I believe the staff is accomplishing quite well with our current system.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:09 am

Selene wrote:
People could always find the characters topic and see who it is, so deleting the members name could be pointless.

That is always a possibility, but this would be a lot of extra work. More work than just reading the supplied charrie interview and voting. So I dont think that very members would do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 am

Yes, but shouldn't people also vote for characters whose OOC RP'er is fit for the job? It might be a brilliant character, who appears to be made specifically for the job, but have a RP'er that lacks maturity in every way.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:19 am

So then maybe we should have some kind of post requirement, in order to be able to run for cabin leader. Or something along those lines, that would help eliminate several 'unqualified' members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:22 am

I don't think that would fix it. Everyone should be able to apply. A huge portion of most peoples posts are OOC, and some members are amazing RP'ers but don't post very often OOC. I really don't think there is much we can do about it is add a section on why they deserve the position (OOC) in the form, and hope people actually read it and base their opinion from that.

You can't change peoples opinions, or minds. Us humans are stubborn :3
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:25 am

Well thats why we wouldnt have the name of the member on the interview, that way people would be forced to read them, and then base their decisions on that. Yeah, adding that extra question would also help with the decision. I think its something that would work if we just tried it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:30 am

I don't think forced. If it was a popularity contest, seeing as this is a RP site, the 'fans' would know and recognize the characters name, as well as the writing style, and post based on that. Sure, we could try it, but I'm trying to point out it wouldn't fix it completely.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 am

I still think that some of it needs to be based off of the ooc rp'er. I'm sorry if you feel like the vote isn't leaning in your favor, Hawk, but perhaps people are voting based on character. We should give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that the voting is taking place how it was intended. Our current system, I believe, is really the best system.
Back to top Go down
Sorella

Sorella

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:40 pm

I like Hawk's idea I really do. I'm not even in the polls for cabin leader because well I didn't even know about them to be honest.

I still like his idea because not a lot of people are going to remember exactly what writing style others have or what characters they have. Also not everyone will be inclined to going and looking up who owns the character I can tell you that. Most of you aren't too in favour of this because most of you probably do win by popularity votes, I'm just assuming but what do I know? I'm not on here 24/7 so my judgement could be wrong. Winning votes by popularity isn't fair and even if the names are there for people based on the out side as a a person like OOC I don't see why that'd have to do with anything, as long as they're active people on the forum and such I think they're good to go, in my opinion.

So I agree with Hawk's idea. I'm not even biased about this idea because well I have no charries in the polls and never planned to xD I think at least trying it for the next selection in December would be something to do though.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm pretty sure that people have stalked my character page because in the past two days, the view count on my character page has gone quite high.

And I've RPed with a few people using Adelaide. So...
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:18 pm

A new way of Cabin Leader elections Mister-spock-star-trek-TOS-logic
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm

[font=Trebuchet MS]Perhaps instead of restricting the names or ooc members and whatnot, we could add a rule to the next nominations, saying that each character can only nominate another cabin member, and not themselves? It would also make sure that the candidate is worthy enough to be cabin leader, since he or she would have been nominated, and deemed approved, by another cabin member. This may not solve the biasness problem entirely, but it would not amount to mass siding with popular members either. [/ font]
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:28 pm

I know its too late for this term, and I know its not perfect, but no system ever will be. But its just suggestion tht could be tried out, and tested to get the best possible system running. Im sure others will have different suggestions in the future elections, but we should be willing to try different styles to see what works best.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:39 pm

But how could we?
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:01 am

Summer, that wouldn't work.

There are some cabins with many characters, i.e. the Hera cabin and not everyone would know that many characters.

Also, if people didn't know characters other than their's, then I'm pretty sure people would nominate characters that they have RP'ed or are RPing with, which kinda limits them.

Also, nominating someone else's character would require putting in a username.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 am

Plus it wouldn't stop anyone from looking the character up. All you have to do is search the characters name and there you go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new way of Cabin Leader elections   A new way of Cabin Leader elections I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new way of Cabin Leader elections
Page 1 of 1