Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Mysterious Murder of Ella Dark by Me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

The Mysterious Murder of Ella Dark by Me Empty
PostSubject: The Mysterious Murder of Ella Dark by Me   The Mysterious Murder of Ella Dark by Me I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Prologue:

I wake up in the room where my sister was doing her makeup before the most important day of her life—her wedding day. The first thing I smelt when I woke up was blood. Delicious blood. I was about to bite down on the human lying on the floor, but then realized it was my sister. My sister, who had bled to death, just a few minutes ago, by the smell of the blood. I crouch down in an elegant red bride’s maid dress. I slid my fingers across her blood stained wedding dress. The blood is sticky on my skin. I’d have to say she died about fifteen minutes ago. We should have been walking down the aisle two minutes ago. I see my blood stained stake on the floor between the couch and my sister.

I can come to the conclusion that whoever murdered my sister, knocked me out and used my stake to kill Ella Dark. I am raging now. I whisper to Ella, even though she’s dead, “Whoever did this to you, I will personally make sure they die... a most terrible death. I promise you that.”

I kiss her heart, where the stake stabbed her, tasting her human blood. I am tempted to drink the blood off of her, but I know that would be insensitive and cruel, so I don’t I lick my lips and go deliver the bad news. I put the stake back in it’s sheath and slip it into my bag, so that no mortals will see it. I walk in my blood stained dress. It would only take a second for me to suck the blood out of it, but it’s my sister’s blood, and I can’t bring myself to do that. You see, I am a vampire, but Ella isn’t.

Our mother stares at me in distraught when I enter the ship. I can’t walk into a church, so we can’t have it there. Mother thinks I went on a rampage on my way here and killed someone for their blood. How dare she! I reprimand her thoughts, “Ella’s dead mother. Someone murdered her when I got there.” I lied about the last part. I was already in the room.

“That explain why part of your dress is blood red and the rest is the color of roses,” replies Mother. She looks hurt as every gasps when they hear my words. I turn off the ship, followed by my mother. I know I am being followed by everyone. When we get into the room, the entire wedding party and Mother crowd around Ella. I touch my palm to the blood and bring my hand to my mouth. The blood tastes too good to resist. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn. It’s Elijah. He’s the only human outside of my family who knows what I am. I remove my hand from my face and he cleans the blood off the corner of my mouth with a thumb. I catch my breath at his touch. He mouths, “Are you okay? I know you didn’t come into the room and find her dead, you were already in here. You were gone too long.”

I shake my head; I am no where close to okay. He hugs me, getting blood on his suit, like every other person crowding around Ella.

— — — — —

Elijah and I prepare for the burial ceremony as her body is moved. We work in silence, mixing the oils together and putting them in the proper vials. The Darks’ have a special burial ritual, that must be observed. After seven minutes go by, Eli speaks first, “Annabelle. You don’t have to hide everything on the inside anymore. Everyone is distraught. You don’t have to pretend to be your normal self. Don’t be the vampire you are, Annabelle; be the human being you used to be.”

Elijah was there when I was transformed, or rather he saw from afar. He was the only one, well except for my creator. It happened two years ago, and Elijah was the only person who helped me get through the petrifying change. I reply, “How Elijah? How can I do that? I’m afraid that when our family goes to kiss her heart, that I won’t be able to stop drinking her blood.”

“Relax, Annabelle. You’ll do fine. If anything happens, I’m sure you’re mother will handle it. Oh, you got some blood in your hair, let me get it out for you.” Elijah turns on the sink and runs his fingers in the water before rubbing them against a thin lock of straight blood stained hair until it becomes blonde again.

Mother comes in and tells us it’s time for the burial. I carry the tray of oils, my hands shaking slightly. Elijah touches my back slightly to calm me. Elijah is the only person and the only thing that can calm me. Not even blood can calm me. I walk out and prepare to process in, watching Elijah take his seat in the front. I’m glad he’s in the front row. Mother and I are both in red dresses. I never changed, though. The stained blood adds drama. To vampires, red is the color for mourning, and the regulations for our family is that we have to match. We are the only two to process because my father is dead.

I start walking slowly, like a snail, up the aisle. I know my mother is five steps behind me. I relax my arms and fix my eyes on the oils before remembering I am required to watch the casket. I stare in front of me. My mother and I stand behind the casket and I hold the oil tray out to her. She grabs the first vial, says the words that transform it, and pours it onto her dress, spreading the oil throughout her body. She continues this with all five oils. After that, I kiss the hole where my stake was pierced into her heart. The blood is still wet and it tastes delicious. I force myself to stop and I kneel in front of the casket, waiting for my mother to finish. When she does, we recess out. Once I am out of sight, I lick my lips engrossed in the taste of human blood. Mother gives me a look and I give her a guilty expression. I hate myself for having pleasure in drinking my own sister’s blood.

— — — — —

I’m sitting in a corner crying my eyes out. Not only is my sister dead, but I also thirst for her blood. A voice inside of me that doesn’t even belong to me says, You know you wanted her dead. You envied her because she was human. And now you got what you’ve always wanted. I cry even harder at this because it’s true; and then I feel a hand on my shoulder. When I look up, it’s Elijah. He takes a hand and wipes the tears from my face. I embrace him in a hug, tears continuing to fall from my face. I say, “Elijah. I’m going to find out who murdered my sister, and when I do, I’m going to kill them.”

“I’ll help you Annabelle. I’ll do whatever it takes.” That’s his reply. Elijah is going to help me solve this murder case.[center]
Back to top Go down

The Mysterious Murder of Ella Dark by Me
Page 1 of 1