Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just reading. [Es]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Just reading. [Es] Empty
PostSubject: Just reading. [Es]   Just reading. [Es] I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:54 pm

Just reading. [Es] Tumblr_m0w96k52wa1rrhfo7o1_500

Jake was sitting at the lake, and it was around 1am. He didn’t know what he was doing here, but he had a book in his hand and a reading light attached to the page that he was on. He was reading ‘Specials’ by Scott Westerfeld. It was a good series, but not something that he usually read. Jake didn’t mind reading at this hour, though. Reading at this hour was something that calmed him down, especially things that involved more violent scenes. He was weird like that. Nobody could blame him.

Of course, his mind was also on other things. Things like his parents, his dinner, and most importantly, Vicks. He liked calling her Victoria, but she hated the name, and he respected that. So as he read, he thought about people that were dear to him, and food. He was a teenage boy, after all. He still thought about food, no matter how high his IQ was, or how freakishly nerdy he was. He would always enjoy the greatest inanimate thing on earth; food.

Jake flipped page after page, reading quickly and scanning the pages. He had been reading for an hour, and he was already through 200 pages. He decided that he was reading too fast and that he should slow down and slowly process the information given, so he started from the beginning, telling himself to question the plot at times, and the characters. Yes, he was analyzing a book at 1 in the morning. It was typical him.

Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Just reading. [Es] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just reading. [Es]   Just reading. [Es] I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:14 am

Vicks walked down to the lake, tired from earlier training. Sometimes she hated it, she didn't get to talk to Jake for a long time. They hadn't talked in a while. She sighed, running her fingers through her hair. She knew he preferred calling her Victoria, but she simply hated the name. She bit her lip, looking out at the lake. She crossed her arms. Vicks didn't bother bringing a jacket considering how warm her body was from running and everything just twenty minute earlier.

She shrugged, spotting Jake. She smiled. Her fiancé. She shook her head. She tapped his shoulder lightly, "Hey." she smiled at him, a rare occurrence that only happened around Jake of course. She looked at the book, "Bit of light reading there?" she asked jokingly. She sat down beside him, "By all means, don't let me stop you from reading the fascinating book." She smiled.

Vicks loved how she didn't have to worry about masking anything around Jake, he would already be able to tell anyway. She loved that about him, just like she loved his eyes, the way he blushed when she complimented or joked with him on something. She loved how adorable Jake could be at times, like the proposal. She smiled at the memory. Paris, France. The Eiffel Tower. She looked at the ring on her hand. She could hard;y believe that she was engaged. When she told her sisters and brothers, they didn't believe her the first time. They thought she was joking.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Just reading. [Es] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just reading. [Es]   Just reading. [Es] I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:29 am

Just reading. [Es] 1335320769530862_animate

Jake.smiled and wrapped his arm around her’s kissing the top of her head. He could smell the shampoo in her hair. “Hey there, Vicks.” He said quietly. He closed the book. He didn’t really mind her being her. To him, nothing was more important than her. She meant everything to him right now, and no book was going to keep him away from talking to her. No matter how great of a book.

He would always have time for her, he swore on his life. If he broke the promise, then he would be a dead man. At least, no different from one. He loved her with all his heart, and nothing could change that. He glanced at the ring that was glinting in the moonlight, and he smiled.

The ring reminded him that she was his. His to keep, and for nobody else. He knew in the eyes of others, he was acting like a lovesick puppy, but most other people who loved someone with their heart, those who truly loved someone would understand what he was talking about. Even if it meant that he as going to be whipped. He would do anything for the girl.

Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Just reading. [Es] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just reading. [Es]   Just reading. [Es] I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:14 am

Vicks smiled at him. Rolling her eyes she kissed him lightly. "Seriously, dont stop reading because of me." she told him. If he was enjoying himself she didnt want him to stop because she was there. Vicks shook her head at him. She looked at her ring, a reminder to her that she would always be with Jake, and she didnt want it any other way. She put her head on his shoulder, looking out at the lake. She remembered when they first met. She let out a laugh. They disliked eachother completely when they met. She was practically broken down about her journal, and he just so happened to be there. Her eyes had a sligt sparkle when she thought about it, it was one of the strangest meetings with a guy that she had, but because of that she had the best fiance anyone could ask for. She let out a small smile thinking about it.

--Sorry its so short! Im on my Phone. x/--
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Just reading. [Es] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just reading. [Es]   Just reading. [Es] I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Just reading. [Es] Tumblr_m438t5HH8G1ru3kk1o1_500
      Jake shook his head. "No, being with you will always be better than reading a dumb book." he said. he held her close, not wanting to let go. He looked past all her imperfections. In his eyes, nothing she had done was bad. He only saw the good in her, and that was the way he liked it. Jake could remember the day they first met, he smiled at the irony. His hand fiddled around with the ring on her left ring finger. They hadn't planned anything out yet, and they probably wouldn't anytime soon. Just the thought of being together made him happy, it would satisfy him. Just small things like that. It was enough for him to feel like the happiest man alive, because she was so perfect, so flawless, in his eyes.

--it's corny. I know.--
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

Just reading. [Es] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just reading. [Es]   Just reading. [Es] I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Vicks shook her head at him. "Fine then! I'll read it out loud." She took the book from him. "Okay... let's see..." she trailed off, smiling at Jake. She bit her lip, mumbling the words to herself. "'No!' Jimmy protested." she finally said aloud, half yelling, half talking normal. She gave a small laugh, "Your turn." she handed the book to him, pecking him on the cheek. Only around Jake did she act bubbly, a lot like how she acted up until she was 6. She shoved the memories out of her mind.

She looked at him raising an eyebrow, "Go on then. I'm very interested in this novel of your choice." she said jokingly. She smirked a bit, moving some hair out of her face. She hadn't cut it in a while, she had been growing it out. She didn't know why, it could be used as a weakness in combat, but she wanted to, so she did. Vicks had also dyed her hair black temporarily just to see how it looked. She seemed to be trying a lot of different things now that she was happier. It was a nice feeling; To be happy. She liked being happy with Jake. SHe liked not having to act like she was a complete independent adult, and she had someone to fall back on, someone to help her. Hell, she loved it, almost as much as she loved Jake.

--There, I'll make it somewhat sappy towards the end. I really need to make more bubbly characters, I'm getting better at them. lol.--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just reading. [Es] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just reading. [Es]   Just reading. [Es] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just reading. [Es]
Page 1 of 1