Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} Empty
PostSubject: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 4:59 pm

The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} 2007-m10

The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} Coolte22

>-<->->-<->->-<->->-<->->-<->->-<->->-<->->-<->-
"i'm the son of the sea"

It was a nice calm day anywhere else but the here. Sun shone down and warm soft air fluttered through the camp with the smell of fresh starwberries and honey suckle that warmed anyone's spirits but like it was mentioned that was any where else in the camp.

Here on the beach sat a young man no more then 15 with long dyed hair and stormy eyes, his narrow face watched the sea and he rested his chin on his knees. He's dark eyes held anger and confusion.
'I'm the son of the sea god, I feel out of place.'
His thoughts inforuced his bad mood and his mood controlled the weather around him, the more water around him the worse and more obvious the power was. Now surrounded him with strom clouds and such low pressure you could tell clouds of mist surrounded him and made it look like he was carring around a comical bad day cloud and in a sense, the power fire bug was. He couldn't even get his cards or lighter out to play with since it was nearly misting around him. With a heafty sigh he stareing at his father's realm as if it would make a difference.

"so why does it not feel right here?"

Wanna see what he's wearing?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Kacia Dawson

Stretched out on the sand of the beach with her arms flung out to her side and electric blue eyes wide open, Kacia watched the clouds float by and held a hand over her eyes when the glare of the sun proved to be too much for her to bear. Dressed in jean shorts and her camp t-shirt, she was obviously not dressed or prepared for bad weather, so it was a bid of a surprise to her when the clouds started turning grey and the wind began to pick up. Blinking as some grains of sand flew into her eyes, she cursed and sat up and looked around the beach with her eyes narrowed. Probably some hotshot child of Zeus trying to summon lightning and ruin everyone's lovely day at the beach.

Surprised to find instead a boy who seemed to be gathering a cloud of mist around him, Kacia stood up and brushed herself off. Looking up at the white, fluffy clouds that weren't far off before heaving a sigh and taking a few steps toward the boy in the middle of the storm. "Hi there. I must say, I really do enjoy this sudden change of weather during my cloud watching, so I just couldn't resist coming over. Are you upset for any particular reason or are you just being dramatic? Because I'll have you know that some people would rather spend their days at the beach with, you know, nice weather, not whirling clouds of doom and crashing waves." She said, standing with her arms akinbo before she got cold and crossed her arms over her chest instead. She arched an eyebrow at the guy and allowed herself a somewhat wry smile.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:00 pm

"i'm the son of the sea"

As the weather got worse he felt worse, why couldn't he just sulk in peace without drawing in tiny thunder storms? When someone approached him he looked up quickly. His hair now wet with the moisture and eyes dull and stormy he looked as wild as the storm around him he glared. "Oh. I'm sorry I'll just look for the off switch so I don't ruin this wonderful day for you." His voice held saracaism and anger. His accent was fresh but his words clipped and made them seem politely softspoken on nature however he wasn't.

Seeing her cross her arms he tried to hid the slight enjoyment he got from being comfortable from the weather maybe it would drive her off since he wasn't excately felling any rainbows anytime soon from his sulky mood. Looking back over the water he could see fish swimming and wondered how deep the ocean was there not that he really minded swimming, it just wasn't his thing. Oddly enough for the boy.

Wanna see what he's wearing?
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:02 am

Kacia Dawson

Rolling her eyes, Kayce eyed the storm clouds and fervently wished she had brought some paper with her so she could chuck a paper plane at this guy's head or something. Probably wouldn't have gone down before it touched him - paper planes were not meant for combat, after all - but it would have given her some sort of satisfaction at least. "If you don't have an off switch, that's kind of sad." She shot back curtly. "And it was a wonderful day for me until you came along with your own personal rainstorm." She said, tossing her hair impatiently and spluttering as a few strands flew into her face.

She made a face when he started looking at the water. Snapping her fingers loudly to get his attention, she placed a hand back on her hip despite the cold. "Hi there, hi. I know you're probably having one of those gaze-meaningfully-out-to-sea moments that sea spawn often seem to have - and at this point, I am well aware of the fact that you are a child of Poseidon and of the awesome power you possess - and I'm very sorry that I have to interrupt this incredibly important and philosophical time for you, but could you maybe stop all of this," Here she whirled and flailed her arms around to gesture the storm.

"Because this hoopla is really messing around with my plans for the day." She said, pursing her lips. "Not to mention, it is also wreaking havoc on my hair and clothes, which I do not appreciate." Not that her hair had been nice and neat before, but it was a little messier and flying a few more places than it usually was. Water also seemed to splashing her clothes, and while she usually didn't mind a little rain, she was not at all dressed for it and she was getting a little cold. "So yeah, if you could look for the off switch - much appreciated." She finished sarcastically.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 pm

"i'm the son of the sea"

Karlit could feel the girl's anger direacting at him and really she needed to get a hold of herself. Taking a clump of wet sand at his side he threw it at her feet. He just gave a "hmmph" watched the waves. For a 'normal sea spawn' it might of had meaning or whispered to him, but for Kendall it was just water crashing and deadly.

He turned towards her with a sharp glare.
"I'm going to stop you." He snapped jumping up to his feet. He wasing going to tower over her but he was taller. Swinging his arms over his head wanted to yell and scream. Restraining himself he just spoke in his sharp, clipped, angry words. "I'm just looking at the damn thing, it means nothing to me because just maybe it's doesn't affect me!" Taking a deep breath he pinched is nose. "It's not an 'awesome power' it sucks really bad, becauses I CAN'T TURN IT OFF. I would leave and let you enjoy the day I hace ruined for you but I can't I'm stuck here until it passes!"

He just ignored the rest of her words he could hear them really the storm had gotten denser and thunder even roared around him it would of been cool if he wanted it to happen and really he looked more like a Zeus child then of Posideon. Cracking his fingers he had started to regain his calmness and the storm went back to being just a misting storm feeding off the ocean. All he wanted was his cards he would have to get them water proofed in the future but it was his stress reliver, that and fire neither would work in this.

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Kacia Dawson

Making a stifled, offended noise when he threw the clump of wet sand at her feet, she frowned a little more openly now and watched as he turned and and jumped to his feet. Inspecting her nails, the corner of her mouth quirked up in an unimpressed way and stood her ground as he started to speak to her angrily. Don't dish it out if you can't take it, Kayce thought to herself absentmindedly, brushing her hair out of her face as she tuned out most of what he was saying, the words blending into the crash of the waves and the howling wind. Not that she couldn't take it, but she was starting to get a little irritated. Maybe it was just one of those days.

She heaved a sigh, crossed her arms, and averted her eyes. "Alright, I'm sorry, okay?" Clearly, this guy was really upset and she obviously wasn't making it any better. Maybe she was a daughter of Eris and maybe she did enjoy chaos, but she didn't enjoy making others feel worse than they already did. Kicking her feet into the sand, she avoided looking at her and shoved her hands in her pockets, just wishing she could leave now but not wanting to do so without apologizing. Even so, she didn't really regret her earlier outburst. She didn't regret saying what was on her mind, no point in it, really. "Is there anything I can do or do you just want to be left alone now?"
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 pm

"i'm the son of the sea"

Sighing he just tried to calm down, and honsetly her ignoring him is much better for his attuitude then her firing back. He just sat back down the way he had been knowing until he could completely distract himself from his worries then it wasn't going away. He needed some kind of stress relivier.

He scoffed lightly. "Whatever. Doesn't even matter. It's just a sucky day." He sighed looking around the dark swirls of clouds that got just a small bit thinner as he talked calmly. Over coming anger quickly was something he could do, a mood not so much. When he tuned her back in she had asked about if there was anything she could do. Starting to say no he shook his head the stoped and smiled. "Wait. You can sit down and talk to me." He said not in any manner was it flirty or dangerous or even treatening. In fact it sounds just a tad vunabrale.

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Kacia Dawson

Allowing herself a small smile, she snuffed it out quickly and then fell back on the sand, quickly drawing her knees up and wrapping her arms around them. She tipped her head over to the side slightly and squinted her eyes as she observed him briefly. Kind of good looking, most likely around her age if not a little younger or possibly a little older. Pursing her lips, she looked away again, shifting her focus so that it was upward. Huh, maybe she had been too quick to judge the storm clouds. Maybe they weren't as fluffy or easy to read as regular clouds, but there was a certain beauty to the swirling grey masses.

Kayce looked back at the guy. Narrowing an eye as she racked her brain for a name but she came up with nothing. Clearing her throat, she twiddled her thumbs. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name," She said, blinking as some more sand blew into her face. Spluttering as a few more grains went into her mouth, she looked like some kind of maniac who had something wrong with her eyes. After the sand and the irritation caused by the sand was gone, she indignantly smoothed her hair, only to have it fly up again because of the wind. "I'm Kayce, by the way, Kayce Dawson. Daughter of Eris, which should explain me being so provoking and agitating earlier, sorry about that." She introduced herself, scratching her arm embarrassedly.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:07 am

"i'm the son of the sea"

Kendall smiled softly though it still looked more like a frown. His hair stuck to his forhead and frankly the water felt good or he would be angrier. As he looked out the corners of his eye he could make out Kayce but only from between the stands of hair that blocked his sight. He cracked his fingers with a loud pop. Following her gaze he looked up at the smoke colored clouds that swiled around him holding his emotains that no longer showed on the outside. Mostly it was flustration and no matter how much he wanted to hide it, he couldn't.

When she shot her eyes back to him his caught her gaze with a steady look. He concidered telling her, but why not hold it out of her reach? "K.K. Carson." He anwsered, now he wasn't angry and spoke like himself it was a rather soathing deep, broze like voice. It cool and soft and really didn't sound right angry. His lips twitched up at the corners as she was attacked by pills of sand. "Ah. Well, i'm sure it had nothing to do with the day I'm having." He gave her a soft look, not even a smile. 'Kayce' He thought, 'somehow, it fits her.'

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Kacia Dawson

"Hey!" Kayce exclaimed when she heard his name, perking up and eyes brightening a little. "Our name kind of rhyme." She said before repeating them over to herself mentally again. "You know, in a weird, almost way." She added a bit more sheepishly, scratching her head and raising her eyes to the sky momentarily. "You know what, just forget I said all that. Nice to meet ya, K.K." She said, crossing her arms against the wind.

Well, now that she had let him know how stupid she was... She shrugged her shoulders when he made the comment about his day. "Well, we all have bad days." She said, finally deciding to stop fighting the wind and embrace it instead. She leaned back on her hands and stopped trying to keep her hair somewhat manageable. It would be a tangled and sandy mess once she got back to the cabin but it wasn't like that was any different from usually. Well, other than the fact that didn't usually get sand in her hair. She did find some berries in the depths once though. But the berries weren't even the strangest things she had ever found in her hair before...

"So," She said, squinting at him to prevent any more pieces of sand from getting into her eye. "Do you... come here often?" She asked, deciding to avoid the subject of his little, personal storm cloud.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:02 am

"i'm the son of the sea"

He rolled his eyes at her sudden amazement. 'K.K not even my nickname hey if that keeps her occupied' He thought to himself. With feeling calmer and more content the wind from the storm easied down and the rain slacked off just a tad. Still is was a lingering bitterness in him for the moment. "Nice to meet you too?" He asked more then stated. He could see her being attacked by the inside of the storm and frowned to himself.

At her question he nearly laughed. He knew what she meant but it just sounded to cliche to be taken serious, but he just couldn't laugh. He hadn't really enjoyed himself much since he's parents died. He had had fun but never really showed it. He desided to stop dwelling on the memory before the storm picked up. "Uh I did when I first learned who my 'father' was." He paused for a moment with a small breath. "Then I relized I didn't feel as comfortable around the ocean as I did any where else, it didn't feel at all speical but it didn't feel dangerous or hateful just water." He pointed up at the rain cloud swilling around the sky. "That however I wish would do the same and leave me alone."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}   The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sea, Why Does It Feel Like a Stranger? {Crispers}
Page 1 of 1