Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers} Empty
PostSubject: Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers}   Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am

It was a plesent night, the sky was clear and speckled with luminescent stars and the fire cast a warm light around the witnesses. Colby had found herself perched on a log staring intently into the blaze. While it wasn't very late several campers had returned home and more wouldn't show up for another two hours or so. Right now a couple of campers just worked to keep the fire going. At somepoint someone had tossed her a half bag of large marshmellows. Despite Colby's typical habits of just eating healthy foods the teenager couldn't find it in herself to care right now. It wasn't going to hurt anything to indulge tonight and so with that thought in mind she took a long metal prong and impaled a sugar blob.

Straight into the fire it went, within seconds the marshmellow was engulfed in flames. Jerking back her stick, Colby scrunched up her nose a bit as the treat fell to the ground in a pathetic charred heap. Dark green eyes stuided the burning inferno with apprehension. Once again her fingers slid a marshmellow onto the end of the prong, then most carefully did she approuch the fire, it carefully met the flame before she retreated her hand and retrieved her prize. Colby ate the marshmellow, but was disappointed by the still cold chewy center. With a little huff she set down the bag of sugar and just stuided the sky for a bit. A quarter moon shone bright againt the black of night. She wasn't entirely sure what time it was but probably around 9-ish. She considered going back to her cabin but the idea of being closed off in her cabin for the night was less appealing then sitting more or less alone in the deep forest.

An increase of voices seemed to alert her of a change. With the bright fire casting so much bright light it was nearly impossible for Colby to get a view on the group on the other side of it. When they walked past her she could tell it was the of the last attendees leaving to retrieve more firewood for later, leaving Colby alone with a huge fire and the inability to roast a marshmellow.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers}   Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers} SimonvanMeervenne007_zpse5e4c3aa
    l ace ashfield son of hades
Being a son of Hades, Ace was one of the few campers who was still sticking around the bonfire. Maybe he also volunteered for one of the later shifts on purpose because he was hoping to see a certain daughter of Nyx - maybe. Needless to say, he was pleasantly surprised when he saw a familiar head of long black hair.

He tried to be suave and make a smooth entrance by jumping over the bench she was sitting on and landing next to her, but some of the effect was ruined by the fact that his foot landed on the little charred marshmallow on the ground. Making a very displeased face, Ace held off his greeting in favour of inspecting the bottom of his shoe and shaking his head. "My entrance was just ruined by your inability to roast a marshmallow, I hope you are sufficiently pleased." He said. As he continued to look at his girlfriend though, a slow grin spread out on his face and he gave her a quick peck on the cheek in greeting. "Hey Fiser," He said a little more quietly, still smiling.

Ace plucked a marshmallow from her bag and also stole her stick. "Let me show you how the professionals do it." He slid the marshmallow onto the top of his stick, careful not to pierce it all the way through, and then patiently began roasting it beside the fire, continuously rotating it. Once it began to slide a little bit, he slid it in his mouth and chewed on the warm, gooey mouthful. He looked at Colby in a playfully gloating way. "Ace Ashfield, expert marshmallow roaster."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers}   Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers} I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:01 am

Flying up beside her and stepping in glob of burnt goo was not how Colby expected Ace to show up. Even though in all honesty it couldn't suit him more. Already the girl had shifted her body to more so face him. "I'm sorry for my mediocre roasting skills." Light hearted sarcasim occpanied her response. His expression slipped into welcomed smile and kiss. "Hey Ashfeld," the softer gesture was returned and she flashed a much softer, truer smile. The daughter of Nyx had hoped that Ace would show, but had refrained from getting to hopeful, after all no promises.

Although she didn't protest at her stick being taken, she did watch his movements. She found herself glancing up at his face, all the angles and plans highlighted by the light. It was a picturesque moment. Smiling to herself she foucused back on the fire, it was trying to be gentle and warming while being strong and scorching, how contradictory. When Ace finally retreived his prize, Colby could only watch as he consumed perfectly melted marshmellow. With a childish pout the teen reclaimed her firestick. She attempted to recreate the previous actions she had seen. Although her marshmellow looked better then her earlier attempts it still needed work. On the top was a charred side, Colby pinched of the small glob before deviously dabbing it onto Ace's chin, right by his mouth.

In a curious manner she tasted the treat only nipping off half of it. Lifting her shoulders in a shrug she spoke "I'm sure that I will get it soon, but it's better." Then she finished the other half. The crackling of the fire was relaxing yet energizing so Colby turned to her boyfriend. "It's such a nice night, and the fire is just so nice, keeping me warm, without complaining." She gave him a teasing smile before turning back away from the fire. She licked her lower lip to get sticky goo off.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers}   Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fewer Alike the Different {Crispers}
Page 1 of 1