Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Granger's Ideas for the Site!

Go down 
+2
Ghost
Erin (Granger)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Erin (Granger)

Erin (Granger)

Granger's Ideas for the Site! Empty
PostSubject: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 4:58 am

So, I was reading the Last Olympian, when I had this idea. You know how Percy and Tyson went into Poseidon's palace? I was thinking "We don't have that on CHB." I was thinking that there should be like, an undersea one and that would give users the chance to make, like a mermaid charrie. Users who have children of Poseidon could also go there. It's not that big if you don't like it, it's just a suggestion, after all. :)
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:04 pm

I agree with the Poseidon's palace, but not the mermaid character. You would essentially limit their roleplay scope to a very small portion of the site, like the beach, the lake and the palace. It wouldn't be very helpful just to have a mermaid character that isn't really easy to roleplay with. I like the rest though, nice suggestion xD
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 am

Hmm, there's a mighty good idea. I do like the idea, believe me((OMG why am I saying 'believe me' everywhere?!)) but there is one problem. The forum, as you may have noticed is a wee bit crowded, with the Hunters and Camp in here. With all the adding it's a bit hard with taking care of everything and reading all those posts. Plus I believe that people are getting tired of scrolling. Also, mermaid characters would only be limited in the sea, so it kind of limits them to one place. But don't worry, this is just a though. Keep the thoughts coming though. :]
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:05 pm

I think Death hit all the main points. It's nice, but I don't think that we should add more sections to the site. It's a bit of a hassle as is, and not many demigods are actually permitted to visit the gods. Percy's visit was just a special occasion, so I don't think the Palace would get much use.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:28 am

So what if we condensed some of the parts of the forum? Like name something "godly places" or something that sounds cooler and put Olympus and the labrythn and this place and hades or something in it...just to kind of condense it. So someone clicks into godly places, then clicks into this castle thing, and then makes a thread?

Maybe not even for godly places. I think it would be especially helpful for cabins though, rather than that long list on the front page, just put "cabins" and then when you click into that you can see all the cabins and go from there. I think that would condense the homepage big time.

Sorry if my typing is butts; I'm on my ipod. Dx
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:39 am

Hmm, good idea. But I really don't think it's possible. Maybe it is, and I just don't get these admin things. There were some complications the last time people manipulated the cabins area. Some wanted to add every cabin mentioned in the books and it kind of got into a small argument. I don't know though. I believe the cabins are there to group together the different topics of different campers. And I do think the heirarchy of the forum is pretty good now. But don't really take my word for it. I'm sure the other staff has their own thoughts. :)
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:03 pm

I don't think it is on forummotion. It works on invisionfree, just not here . . .
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:49 pm

You can do that on forummotion, but it would condense all of the subforums, not just one or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granger's Ideas for the Site!    Granger's Ideas for the Site! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Granger's Ideas for the Site!
Page 1 of 1