Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:16 am

Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] Tumblr_lx20n6Lpar1qlrrjqo1_500_large
|Simon|17|Montri|
// H E C A T E \\

The day was boring, so the seventeen-year-old boy decided to take a sudden swim in the lake. Simon wore only a pair of swimming trunks as he plunged in the waters. It didn't matter if he didn't know how to swim, since Simon could just as easily propel himself across by controlling the water itself. Gasping for breath, Simon's head broke the water's surface. He shivered slightly, realizing that it was rather cold.

Simon looked around. There didn't seem to be anyone else there. Simon sighed, letting himself float lazily towards the edge of the lake. He was just about to get out of the water when he realized that he left his towel hanging on some tree quite a distance away from the lake. Simon cursed his stupidity. Why had he left it there, of all places? It was too far from his reach and he was shivering like crazy. Getting out of the water would cause him to be even colder. Scratch that, he would be freezing his butt off.

Scanning his surroundings, Simon searched for someone, anyone. "Hello?" Simon called tentatively, hoping someone could hear him. "Anyone with a kind heart to help the freezing boy in the lake?"
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:26 am

Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] 18bz3c
* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *

Daughter of Hephaestus

Echo was in trouble. You see, she was working on her training dummies for the armory, which was fine. The daughter of Hephaestus accidentally made them a little to smart. The dummies now could walk around freely, and they escaped into the world. So, Echo had to follow, and find the dumb things. She was walking, when she heard a voice. At first, Echo hoped it was one of her training dummies, who magically found a way to talk.

She heard it again, and found herself on the shores of the lake. Echo hadn't thought that she wandered that far off the path, but she didn't care at the moment. Echo looked at the boy out on the lake. She also noted how cold that must be, considering it was barely spring. was about to mumble something, when she saw the towel a few feet away. Echo grabbed it, and began to walk over to the water. Not caring if she got her flip-flops wet, she walked into the water and handed the towel to him. Her brown eyes looked at him for a moment, and then she quickly walked off, at least she almost did.

Echo was almost out of his sight when she tripped on a branch. She fell to the ground with a thud. "Ow..." Echo said, rubbing her side, covered by her hollister sweatshirt. She wasn't usually one to get cold, but the water on her sweatpants, which weren't very thick, and the soft breeze was getting chill.
http://www.polyvore.com/echos_wardrobe/set?id=45626207

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 am

Simon was beyond relieved that someone had arrived. He was afraid that he'd get pneumonia. Simon blinked once to clear his vision, only to see that it was a girl who was handing him back his towel. He went into gentleman/player-mode and flashed his biggest smile despite the cold. "Thanks," Simon said as he got back on land.

Simon draped the towel over him quickly as he started to dry himself off. He was shivering like crazy. What made him swim in the first place? It was spring, for goodness' sake. He turned back to the girl to say something else when he realized that she had already turned away. Quiet-type, huh? Simon started to run after her, his feet padding across the fresh grass. That was when the girl tripped. Ow, that gotta hurt.

"Whoa, you okay?" Simon asked as he knelt beside the girl. He offered her his damp hand to help her up. "That was quite a fall you had there. I'm Simon, Simon Montri."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:54 am

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *
Daughter of Hephaestus
Echo looked up at him, just now realizing that he had been running after her. She looked at him for a moment, and hesitantly took his hand. "I'm fine, thanks." Echo said, looking at her feet. The only reason she was running was because she wanted to avoid this conversation. She had things to do, and was in no mood to embarrass herself by talking to people.

Echo noted that his name was Simon, she knew she had seen him before, which was another reason for her hasty exit. "Echo Flynn." she said, looking at him fro a moment, again. Echo quickly averted her eyes to a tree, past Simon's head. It was a lot easier for her not to look into someone's eyes when she spoke to them. That just made her nervous.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 am

Simon smiled. Why did she seem so uncomfortable? Was it because he wasn't really wearing anything besides his trunks and the towel? That reminded him, he left his shirt right there by the lake. He cast that thought aside for the moment, focusing on Echo. "Um, do I have something on my face?" Simon said in a light manner, rubbing his face with his hand.

"You in a hurry?" he asked, even though it was a bit obvious. Anything to get a good conversation running. Simon kept smiling, waiting for her reply.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:16 am

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *
Daughter of Hephaestus
Echo shook her head, looking at him again. "No, I'm sorry, I'm a bit distracted." she said, running a hand through her light blond hair. Echo shifted her weight from one foot to another, and stopped when Simon asked if she was in a hurry. Echo nodded, and sighed. "One of my contraptions got loose, I was chasing it down." she replied simply.

Echo had to keep listening for any noise from her machine, as well as listen to Simon. She didn't mind doing two things at once, but this was important. Echo had been working on that dummy for months, and she couldn't afford to make new ones, not now. Then the arena would have to wait longer for it's new "improved" dummies.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:28 am

Simon nodded slowly. He noted that Echo sounded like a Hephaestus kid. Weren't they the ones who got busy with those gadget things? Well in any case, Echo's situation sounded rather serious. Simon didn't want to think that there were out-of-control robots running around camp. "I'll help," he said, fixing his bangs as they were starting to get into his eyes. "I'll just get my shirt and stuff."

Simon didn't wait for her reply as he sped back to where his clothes were. As soon as he finished putting on his clothes, his ears picked up the sound of something... unnatural ahead. He craned his ears to listen. It sounded like some bits of machinery. And there was also the sound of someone laughing. Simon frowned.

What was happening?
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 am

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *
Daughter of Hephaestus
Echo was about to say something, like "Oh, no, you don't need to help.", but Simon was already getting his stuff, to come and help. She waited for him to come back, but she heard her dummy, and laughing. Either it had learned to speak, (which wasn't likely) or someone was messing with it. Anger rose to her cheeks, and she ran off into the woods surrounding the lake. Echo didn't know where it came from, but the machine would copy anything it heard, if it had learned to speak. "Aaaahh Aahhh." she said, almost singing, the way her voice went up and down.

Echo listened again, and sighed. No reply. She kept running, and saw a gear on the ground. Picking it up, she frowned. It was from her contraption. This was part of the circuit board. It helped the robot to fight, and without it, the robot was helpless if attacked. Echo heard another high pitched screeching noise, and followed it.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:58 am

Simon rushed back to where Echo was, but it was unsurprisingly empty. No doubt Echo had heard the same things he heard and, from the looks of it, just sped off towards the source of the sound. Simon draped his wet towel over his shoulders, not minding if it got all his clothes wet. He would deal with those later. Right now, there was a more pressing problem.

The son of Hecate entered the woods, alert for any sound that was out of the ordinary. Soon he heard that weird laughing again and he drew closer to where it came from. Simon covered his ears as a high-pitched screech echoed in the surroundings. Gods, machine or not, the thing that made that sound was in pain. Simon was at least sure of that.

Simon found a small clearing and he pressed himself against one of the thick trees. He chanced a peek and saw two kids laughing. Simon squinted at them, briefly making out a flash of what looked like a robot the kids hid from view. This must be the contraption Echo was talking about. He looked around for a bit, wondering how long it would take Echo to find this place. Simon himself wasn't a huge fan of fighting, and it didn't sound like a great idea to him if he just burst in the clearing and confronted those two kids. That would probably lead to a fight.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:45 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *
Daughter of Hephaestus
Echo covered her ears as she heard another screech. Then the air smelled like smoke, and oil. If the robot over heated, it would explode! Not only was that bad for camp, but it would be her fault. Another high-pitched screech filled the air, and Echo ran to it. She came to a clearing, where two boys were covering up her contraption. Her eyes narrowed into slits as they added more to their pile of leaves, branches, and rocks.

Echo looked at her pocket, and pulled out a little mechanical bomb. These things were like firecrackers, except way more loud, and lots more smoke. She had been saving these for a rainy day. Echo pressed a button on it, and threw it over to the two demigods.

With a bang, the bomb exploded, sending new noises through the forest. Echo grinned as the demigods fled after the noise started. Seeing they were gone, she rushed over to the robot, and began uncovering it.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 pm

As the ear-splitting noises started to fade, Simon covered his nose and mouth as smoke suddenly filled the clearing. He vaguely heard the panicked cries of the two demigods now speeding away from them. Knowing that this can't be good, Simon was about to run for his life when he saw a figure running through the smoke. It was Echo. With no hesitation, Simon rushed into the clearing himself, finding it hard to breathe with all those smoke. He soon found himself right where Echo was, who was trying to uncover something beneath all the leaves and twigs.

With a wave of his hands, Simon manipulated the air around them. The breeze suddenly picked up and the smoke began to dissipate. The breeze made Simon feel cold all of a sudden, with his damp clothes and all, but he didn't care. Simon took a deep breath of the fresh air and with another wave, used the wind to sweep away the rest of the leaves laid out in front of them. Simon wrinkled his nose at the new smell--it smelled of burning oil and metal.

"What now?" Simon asked, trying to keep his cool. It didn't help that he was starting to panic, afraid that the dummy-robot there was going to explode soon.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:16 pm

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *
Daughter of Hephaestus
Echo watched in awe as the rubble was lifted from the robot. She gave Simon a small smile, and went to work on her dummy. It was damaged, and you could tell that the demigods had beat up her poor, helpless dummy. Echo touched it, and the control box was hot, as in, Echo couldn't touch it because it was red. Cursing in Greek, she grabbed a water bottle from her pocket, which she always had encase of things like this. Echo didn't like putting water on electronics, but when they were on fire, she had no choice.

Pouring the water on the box, the metal was cool to touch. Echo opened the box and sighed. All of it's contents had been taken, which explained the gear she found while looking for it. Echo stood up and paced, like she usually did when she was angry. She paced in a circle, mumbling to herself about broken parts, new parts, and how she would personally kill those kids later.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:44 am

Simon watched in silence as Echo started to work on her dummy. He didn't know a thing about electronics so he thought it would be better to keep his mouth shut as Echo worked. He couldn't help but peek though, and he saw that what looked like the control box was empty. Echo started to pace around the clearing, muttering under her breath. Simon watched her a bit, racking his thoughts for something to say. Should he ask her if she was okay? Nah, that would be stupid. The answer was obvious. Asking the question might even irritate Echo more. He watched her warily before speaking.

"They must have been pretty jealous since they couldn't make a dummy like that on their own," Simon said. He chuckled lightly. "Hey, let me have a shot at killing them. I doubt they'd fare well against the Avatar!" Simon started to do some martial arts stuff for fun, imitating how Aang moves when he does his bending magic.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 am

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *
Daughter of Hephaestus
Echo gave him a weak smile, and nodded. Then she went back to her pacing. She would have to get her hands on another set of gears, more wires, and other things that would take forever. All because of those demigods. Echo stopped her pacing and looked at her dummy, deciding to see if there was any other damage. Kneeling down beside it, she frowned. The who body of the dummy was beaten up, which explained it's screeches.

Echo sighed and shook her head. This would take at least three weeks to fix. She had to go out and find more parts, ugh what a nightmare! She was so close to being done with the arena project. Echo was planning on moving on to her new archery targets, but that would have to wait... three weeks.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:42 am

Echo was an extremely quiet girl, Simon noted. He wasn't really used to being with girls like that, but hey, there was a first time for everything. He watched Echo closely. She was probably thinking about the dummy. It must be a really serious problem, or Echo was just the silent-type like that. Or maybe both. Simon scratched the back of his head, adjusting his towel so it wouldn't fall off.

"You want me to help you carry this stuff?" Simon offered, motioning to the pile of metal that used to be Echo's dummy. He was already half-kneeling by the thing, ready to lift it up at Echo's reply.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:49 am

* ECHO RACHELLE FLYNN *
Daughter of Hephaestus
Echo looked at Simon, noting that he was already close to the dummy, and she would have to move it sometime. "Okay, sure... thank you." she said softly. Echo grabbed the front part of the dummy and lifted it. It wasn't very heavy, the control box really added a lot of weight to it. Since that was gone it just felt like a heap of metal, nothing much.

"To the forge." Echo directed, smiling a little bit. She was happy to go back in the forge, not entirely because of why she had to go in there, but happy none the less. Echo loved working in there, it was always something new to discover.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 am

Simon simply looked at the piece of metal. Two seconds later, what used to be the dummy was now floating in the air, supported by nothing at all. Simon wore a look of concentration on his face as he held one of his hands up to telepathically levitate the object. It wasn't really as heavy as he thought it would be--just something that he could carry through physical means. But of course, Simon didn't want to get his hands dirty when there was a cleaner alternative.

Simon smiled at Echo. She really brightened up at the mention of the forge. Typical enough, since it was every Hephaestus kid's heaven. He started to walk in the direction of the forge, keeping the chunk of metal floating beside him. He didn't really like the silence, so Simon figured that it would be better to start some sort of conversation. Echo didn't really seem to be a talkative girl, but if he brought up the things she prided herself in, then maybe it won't get too hard to make her open up at least a little bit.

"You're a Hephaestus kid, aren't you?" Simon started, grinning at her. "You do a lot of these neat contraptions often? I mean, the stuff you guys do are pretty cool."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]   Didn't realize it was so cold [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Didn't realize it was so cold [Open]
Page 1 of 1