Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:15 am

I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] Calebcopy-1
~Caleb Wright, 15, Son of Momus~

It was a bright day. The sun shone brightly, peeking from the wispy clouds, bringing light and warmth to the world below. It certainly brightened up everyone's mood, including the critical Caleb. The fifteen-year-old boy was walking down the dirt path towards the stables. He was in quite a good mood today, which was rather unusual for the son of the god of mockery. Caleb donned a pair of shades instead of his usual eyeglasses, making him look cooler than his old self. He had his hands stuffed inside his pockets as he walked, all the while whistling to the tune of a Linkin Park song.

His nose wrinkled in disgust as he neared the stables. Someone had definitely not cleaned it and the horses well. But the smell didn't affect his mood in any way. That was how high his spirits were today. Caleb didn't know why he was feeling like this at all. He just had the feeling that something good was about to happen. Something he will very much like. In fact, he could probably even have a decent conversation with someone today without as much rudeness he would have expressed in normal circumstances.

With these thoughts in mind, he went to lean against wooden fence of the stable, looking at the horse that was inside it. This one was chestnut brown in color, with a white line running from its head to halfway its snout. The horse regarded Caleb for a while with its deep brown eyes, before returning to eating the fruits laid in front of it. Caleb watched the beast's tail swish from left to right without saying anything. Then, Caleb felt the sudden urge to ride a horse. One problem: he had no idea how.

Caleb looked around. Maybe someone can teach him how. But who?
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Todd walked past them leading a beautiful cremello pegasus stallion it had very odd sky blue eyes.

He opened a stall door and lead the pegasus in he closed it and clicked the latch the name plate on the stall read:

Peppermint

Owned by Todd SMith Son of Athena[i]
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:13 pm

((OoC: I noticed that your char isn't accepted yet, so you might wanna wait for him to be accepted before you start roleplaying ^^))
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:34 pm

oh oops sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm

My charrie is accepted now :)
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 pm

((OoC: Yep, I saw :) ))

Caleb turned to watch the boy, about the same age as he was, lead a pegasus to one of the stalls. He just stared at the boy from a distance, without saying anything. Well, he hadn't really seen if the boy was a good rider or something. If he wanted lessons, Caleb would approach someone who had seen riding a horse good. It seemed like he wasn't going to get a chance to see this boy ride a horse or a pegasus, so he doubted walking over to him. Caleb sighed and leaned his head on one of his hands.

The horse, which had been eating, turned to look at Caleb curiously. The beast's brown eyes seemed to regard him for a few minutes, but it didn't walk over towards him. Maybe the horse was scared of the unfamiliar human? Or did it realize Caleb's true nature and chose not to mingle with humans like that? Alas, Caleb couldn't really tell.
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Todd grabbed a bucket of grain and put it in Peppermints stall and muttered "all right buddy we'll work on your gallop later today but for now you you need some rest" He patted Peppermints nose.

He took the bucket out of their stall once all the feed was in the feeding trough and was half way to where he'd gotten the bucket from when his necklace caught on the bucket and snapped.

Todd swore in ancient greek and made grab for the necklace which was a beautiful bronze and silver owl with sea green eyes and a golden heart in the centre of it's chest.

it skittered to a halt in front of Caleb.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Caleb looked down to see the pendant skidding to a stop near his feet. He bent down to pick it up, letting it roll around his hand for a few seconds. It was bronze and silver in the shape of an owl. Caleb squinted at it to make out the golden heart on its chest. He looked up to the boy and sighed. It looked like he needed to return this thing now.

Caleb's fingers closed around the necklace as he slowly made his way towards the boy. He dropped the necklace on the boy's hand. "Here," Caleb said, studying the boy through his shades. "Be careful next time."
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:35 am

Todd "Thanks and sorry I'm Todd Son Athena and you are?" He put the necklace around his neck and stuck at hand out for the kid to shake.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:08 am

Could've figured as much, Caleb thought to himself. Well, he had guessed that through the owl necklace. Most demigods in camp wore something according to their god parent. Caleb lacked that, but he did nevertheless have his father's most notable characteristics. Not that it did him any good anyway.

Caleb looked at Todd's hand. Be nice, Caleb. Be nice. "Caleb," he introduced himself, grabbing Todd's hand and shaking it once. "Son of Momus."
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:47 am

Todd said "Cool, Is that your Pegasus?" he stuck his hand out for Pegasus to sniff.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 am

((It's a horse, actually xD))

Caleb turned to look at the horse, looking for wings. He frowned. It was most certainly a horse. He was about to respond with a sarcastic remark when he stopped himself just in time. Caleb bit his lip as he stared at the brown horse, trying to think of a suitable but not really a mean reply. "It's a horse," Caleb told Todd, throwing him a weird look. "You might want to get your eyes checked. It seems that they are failing you."

Caleb realized a minute later how rude that comment sounded. Well, it wasn't like he could take it back now. He sighed ruefully. Gods, change was so hard. Why did he have to be the son of the mockery and unfair criticism god?
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:52 am

Todd peered closer at the horse and laughed "Oh! oops! I thought he had wings. Well For your information I can only see out of right eye cause' I'm practically blind in my left" gestured to his left eye which has an odd cloudy look to it.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:57 am

Caleb chuckled despite himself when Todd realized that the animal was a horse. When Todd told him he was partially blind, Caleb squinted at his left eye. It looked slightly clouded, and Caleb couldn't believe that he hadn't noticed it before. Probably because of his shades. They made things look so much darker.

"I see," Caleb muttered, bringing his gaze back to the horse. The beast stared at him too. "It's not mine. I just saw it today."
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:15 am

Todd said "Ah, He's pretty though Does he have a name?" he turned and ran a hand through Peppermint's forelock and said "this Peppermint i've been riding him since i was three"

(It's my mom's B-day to day! Happy B-day mommy! :) )
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:09 am

"I told you I just saw it today. So obviously I have no idea if it has a name or belongs to another camper," Caleb said dryly. Besides, Caleb wasn't really into naming animals. He saw no importance in giving names to things that couldn't think rationally. His mind worked in weird ways. Caleb looked at the pegasus, studying it curiously. He wasn't about to believe that Todd rode him since he was three. He always didn't believe anything at first, unless there was some evidence of some sort. That was just typical Caleb. "Oh really?" he said in a challenging tone. Caleb fought the urge to add 'prove it.'

((OoC: Happy birthday to your Mom :D))
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Todd said, "What? you don't believe me ask Peppermint he can tell you" Todd scratched the cremello pegasus under the chin.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah, because the pegasus is definitely going to speak, Caleb thought sourly as he turned to look at the mythical creature. It was certainly beautiful, with its great wings tucked in. Caleb shrugged and turned back to the horse. He had promised himself that he would be nice today. Well, he was already failing, but what he'd been today was certainly much nicer than any of his ordinary days. Caleb didn't say anything else but just leaned on the fence, watching the brown horse eat, since he knew that if he said anything, it would probably not be good.
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Todd laughed, "You're not a very social person huh? well.....If you want to talk to Peppermint you can. Just look him in the eye and say something in your head and you might hear a reply it works for me" He stared Peppermint in the eye and then said out loud "Hey! be nice they obviously don't hand around the stables like I do" He smirked at the pegasus who snorted and shook his head in indignation.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 am

Caleb shrugged. Well, might as well try to 'communicate' with the pegasus. Caleb didn't even believe that the pegasus could hear his thoughts. It wasn't as if his god parent Momus had any connection with horses. Silently he turned to stare at the pegasus' eye like what Todd said, and thought, Why hello. I believe I am conversing with a pegasus and I have no idea why I'm even attempting this. He broke eye contact a second later, snorting at himself. The pegasus might have never even heard what he thought. Caleb mentally scolded himself for trying something like that. It made him sound stupid, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

(Bold and underlined stuff is Peppermint 'talking')

Todd leaned against the near by stall and waited.

hmph! your not a very positive human are you? Try and be polite us Pegasus might save your life one day you ungrateful lump!

Todd sniggered at Caleb and said, "Now now Peppermint let's be nice to them they didn't believe me." He smirked at Caleb and said, "Believe me now? oh and I should have warned you that Peppermint doesn't like strangers"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:58 am

Caleb raised his eyebrows at the pegasus' reply. So it did 'talk' after all. Well, Caleb didn't want to force his company on people--or creatures--who did not want it. Besides, the feeling was mutual between him and the pegasus. Caleb sighed, chuckling to hmself.

"I am being polite," Caleb said, shrugging. It was true--this was probably the politest Caleb had ever been. By not talking, Caleb didn't exactly show his true nature, and that was a plus. He turned away and started to walk towards the other horses. He knew that if Todd and his pegasus pushed him to his limits, he would revert back to his normal criticizing self, and truth be told, he didn't really want that.
Back to top Go down
Fifa90

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:30 am

(Hey, I'm flying out for a funeral tonight so I need to pack and stuff but i'll be back next week Thursday)
Back to top Go down
Mystical Greek

Mystical Greek

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Jake walks into the stable to check on Lightning, he was a brown pegasi with four white socks and a spot on his left ear that looked a little like a bolt hence the name lightning. Jake walked and noticed two boys standing and chatting. "Oh hey Todd" i called out happily. I jogged towards him "Who this" i asked staring awkwardly into the other boys sunglasses.

Last edited by Mystical Greek on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : couldn't understand)
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Caleb looked over to the new guy. Seemed like he was friends with Todd. Caleb could tell that the boy was trying to stare him in the eye through his shades, but it seemed like he was awkwardly doing it. Caleb fought back a smirk--did he look intimidating? He felt smug at the thought. Remembering his earlier promise to himself, Caleb said, "Caleb. And you?" Well, that was as nice as he could get when it comes to introductions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]   I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wonder if I can get along with horses... [OPEN]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next