Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] Empty
PostSubject: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:18 am

"I wake up every evening...
With a big smile on my face...
And it never feels out of place...
And you're still probably working...
At a nine to five pace...
I wonder how bad that tastes...

Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] Birch_12
*[B I R C H G O N Z A L E Z]*
*[1 5]*
*[S O N O F P H O B U S]*

Spoiler:

~~~~~
~~~~~

Walking into the Arena was an adrenaline rush. All the people fighting, and stabbing, and even running. I loved this place.

I started out with just some laps to get my heart going. Then, I worked on my small dagger. After that, I got a drink, and worked on my whip. I didn't need parctice. I was perfect already.

I put my whip back to my bracelet, and sat on a stone ledge, looking out at all the fierce demigods. I took bites of an apple I brought, and chuckled at all the people who failed thier attacks.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...
Hope it gives you hell...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] Girl-hair-pretty-red-hair-shirt-superman-Favim.com-73563
Diana Waverly

Diana had just finished duelling someone, easily beating them. She looked around for someone else to fight. She had to keep up the rate her heart was beating at, adrenaline was rushing through her.

She saw someone idly sitting down and eating an apple. She rolled her eyes, throwing a knife at the ground next to him, walking up.

"No one just sits during training, especially when I'm here, so..." she got her knife, twirling it," Fight, pretty boy?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Yeah. she was being blunt, so what? Who cared? Not Diana.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:34 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

~* what is her fear? cause he needs to suprise her by knowing it, and then shell get pissed or something XD *~

Wow. This girl had attitude. "Course I fight," I said, smirking. I took my bracelet off, and it turned into my whip. I got up, and looked the girl over. The pretty boy comment had set me on edge, but I would put it to good use. "Where are we fighting, oh mighty one?" I asked her.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] Girl-hair-pretty-red-hair-shirt-superman-Favim.com-73563
Diana Waverly

[[Trains. She's scared of anyway of travel that's not by foot, and mostly trains, because.. yeah.]]

She looked at him, he was holding a whip. She nodded, "Original." she admitted. She pulled out her dagger. "Ready to fight, pretty boy?" she asked, using the nickname that obviously set him on edge.

Simply get him mad enough, he would charge. He would take the first move, and the rest... well, the rest would be history.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:56 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

~* u know his whip paralyzes people, right? XD *~

She wasn't afraid. I knew that. But I knew what she was afraid of. I would catch her off guard at a vital moment. I smirked smugly, knowing that she had no idea.

I smacked the whip on the ground, causing sparks to fly. "Only if you are Ms. High and mighty," I said.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Diana Waverly

[[Yep! This shall be.. interesting... XP]]

She looked at him. Sparks flew from the whip smaking the air. "Ground rules. I honestly don't want to drag your butt to the infirmary after this."

she sighed, "No actual harm, it can come close, but not close enough to hurt someone. Got it?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. It really didn't matter to her. She knew that his whip would most likely do something worse than just leave a bad cut.

"Got it, pretty boy?" she looked at him.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:10 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

I made a pfft noise, and nodded. "Trust me. I got this," I said. I was honestly excited. This was gonna be... fun. I smirked, and I took a crack with my whip, centimeters from her right arm. I meant to miss, get her intimidated.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Diana Waverly

She raised her arm a second before the whip went past her. Adrenaline pumped through her veins. He obviously never paid attention to her while she fought, the more danger to her... the more excited and energetic she felt when fighting.

"That all you got?" she asked, she had another dagger in her boot, and a sword was laying close by. This is what she always did first, dodge the moves the person made, and locate extra weapons just in-case.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm Diana by the way." she said, the words coming out of her mouth like this was always how her fights started off. Naturally.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:24 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

I wanted to laugh. This girl was something else. "Well, nice to meet you Diana. I'm Birch," I said, cracking the whip second time, lazily. It went right next to her head. I had to find out her fighting weaknesess. And when I did, ahe would be in for a suprise.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] 30lifds
Diana Waverly

She looked at him, not noticing the whip flying past her right ear. She looked at him. "Nice..." she laughed slightly at the word, "To meet you Birtch." she rolled her eyes.

She took a step forward towards him slightly, keeping her left foot back for balance in case he decided to actually take good aim at her with his whip.

She didn't really need a long lash mark across her face.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:17 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

I circled the whip in the air, taking a step forward. "You wanna know something cool?" I asked her. I think I needed a distraction. I paced around her, and looked in her eyes. I cracked the whip next to me, and then cracked with incredible aim at her left leg. That should work, I said to myself.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Diana Waverly

Diana smirked, jumping out of the way of the whip, only receiving a slight scratch from where it had hit her. "Your tricks don't work on me," Her stare hardened, "pretty boy."

She smiled sweetly. She came up to him, her dagger hidden from view as she came close. "Or did it?" she asked, leaning towards him. Only an inch away before she swiftly tore his shirt.

She back away, patting his chest. "Hope you can get a new shirt, pretty boy." she smirked.She tilted her head in mock innocence. She smiled, "Anything else?" she asked. Her left leg began to sting a bit more, her balance was off, but she made herself stand on it. She would win this.

Even if it meant her leg being useless. She was going to fall soon, she was vulnerable. She knew it, and she was sure he did too. What the hell did his whip do to people? She couldn't move her leg anymore. It wouldn't. It was still. "dammit." she muttered.

Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

She really was wild. She had slashed my shirt, showing off my sweating, muscled body. Well, no use in wearing it. I took it off, and smirked smugly and puzzlement crossed Dianas face. I took my small dagger out of my shoe, and came closer to her. "You're not the only one who can use a knife," I said. I gripped it in my left, my whip in my right. I cracked the whip and her other leg.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Diana Waverly

Diana grabbed her leg. The whip hitting it full force. Shoot. She glared, throwing her dagger at him in anger. She grabbed the other from her belt, poised to block another hit. So much for the rules.

"T-That all you got, pretty boy?" she asked, her teeth grit together in pain and anger mixed. She clenched her jaw tightly.

She walked the best she could up to him without showing the pain it was causing her. Gods.. he was fit... focus, Diana. Focus. She pushed him back, getting closer to him, holding both daggers, one to his back, the other directly behind his neck.

"What'cha gonna do now pretty boy?"
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:16 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

I chuckled. She was in obvious pain. It was time to bring out the big guns.

I gave her a knowing smile, and whispered. "Remeber the train?" I knew it would hit her hard, even if she chose not to show it. I didn't want to hurt her too bad though, so I made no attempt to crack the whip again.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Diana Waverly

Diana grit her teeth. She slapped him with the rest of her energy left. "Damn you." she said, her voice broken from thinking about the memory. No one brought that up around her. NO ONE. How the hell did he- she thought of a way to get him back.

She fell, collapsing to the ground. She groaned in pain. Her legs hurt, her brain hurt. Everything hurt. "Ow..." she trailed. It wasn't EVER like her to admit pain a lot. But just this once. ONLY this time it was worth it.

How dare he bring up the train.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:23 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

Ouch. That slap hurt. I knew her legs were going to be of no use. I felt bad, but not too much, and I kept my face blank. "Here," I said. I picked her up, and brought her to the ledge where I had been sitting.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Diana Waverly

"How dare you." she said, her voice coming back. Anger shone in her eyes as clear as the sun. A fire coming through. Anyone could tell she was the daughter of the god of war. Every kind of hate you could find was showing in her eyes.

"You're a son of Phobus." she said after a minute. She punched him square in teh jaw. Shaking her ehad she looked at him. "NO ONE brings that up. I don't care if you are a damned child of him or not. You can rot in hell." she glared at him, shaking from anger.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:30 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

Gods, again with the hitting. "Gods, calm it down princess! You're not the only one with a fear, and a bad past!" I yelled at her. Her anger was infectious. I matched her look of anger, but it wasn't quite as intense.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Diana Waverly

Diana looked at him, "Don't call me princess, pretty boy!" she yelled in return. She tried standing up on the leg that she didn't hurt as much so she was almost as tall as him. She put her hands on his chest, pushing him.

"I'm." Push, "Not," push, "The," push, "One WHO BROUGHT UP THE TRAIN SMART ONE!" push, push, push, and... she stumbled, putting her hands on his chest to steady herself. She glared.

His emotions came out openly. She unclneched her jaw for a moment. Holding up her fist to punch him again. Then she stopped mid-punch.

"I'll make you a deal Pretty boy," she raised an eyebrow, "I won't go tell ym ENTIRE cabin to beat your butt if you tell me YOUR fear, and who YOU lost that was so," she stressed the last word, "Special." she looked at him, giving him a smug look, no one messed with a whole cabin of pissed Ares kids. Never.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:43 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

I was really starting to like this girl. Despite all her violence. the fire in her was just so attractive.

Then she hit on Brenda. That day on the street. She asked my fear. My person. My Brenda.

I stepped away from her, and turned my head to the side, trying to hide the sadness overwhelming my face. "I'll tell you my fear... but never about her," I spat at the ground. I still couldn't let her see my face.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Diana Waverly

Diana looked at him, she had struck a nerve. She felt slightly bad. She sighed, "I'll tell you my story if you tell me yours..." she trailed, rubbing the back of her neck, limping back over to the ledge, she patted the small spot next to her.

She gave him a small smile, what she believed to be the first real smile the entire time they had been.. talking...she waved that thought away.

"I swear, I won't send my siblings on you." she crossed her heart.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:22 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

O shook my head and smiled. I guess I could try.

I sat next to her, and looked her in the eyes. "Ok, that's good to know," I said when she crossed her heart. "But you go first," I said.

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Diana Waverly

Diana refused to look in his eyes. "u-Um.. Okay then..." she trailed, her mouth opened, but her voice caught in her throat.

She looked at him, "You swear you wont tell anyone?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. When he answered she sighed,

"Well.. when..let's see.." she thought for a moment, "I was 5." she said finally. She couldn't go wring with that statement. She sighed.

"My mom and I were going to New York.. to take me to camp..." she trailed. "The train.. from New Mexico.. to New York." she closed her eyes. "When we were leaving the second stop, monsters made themselves.. known.. and I hid like my mom told me." she admitted.

"When I thought it was all clear.. I came from where I was hiding to find my mom dead..." she gulped. "I got off the train as soon as I could. And.. I basically walked most of the way to camp, from Arizona with the help of a satyr for a state or two before it bailed somehow.. and" she sighed, "I came to camp at ten."

she finally looked up at him, her eyes brimmed with tears, "I was so sick i almost collapsed as soon as I stepped foot in camp. I was taken into the infirmary quickly and kept under a VERY watchful eye." she finished. She looked down.

"We left my younger, four year old half sister in New Mexico.. I've never seen her since." she said quietly. She let one tear fall, brushing it off quickly.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:58 pm

~~~~~
~~~~~

Gods. I guess I wasn't the only one with a hard life. "Wow... I'm sorry," I said finally. I didn't want to tell my story. I couldn't. I wouldn't.

I took a deep breath, and began.

"I had a twin sister. Her name was Brenda. I had had a good life. Well, sort of. People liked me, but were afraid of me.

Then, one day, me and Brenda were walking home from school. We were 10." I wasn't going to cry. I wouldn't.

"So, a man and a woman drove up, and offered us a ride. Brenda... Brenda had said no. I had said yes." No tears, please no tears.

"Then... then... it all happened so fast... the man had jumped out. He... he grabbed Brenda, and threw her in the car. I tried to save her. I ran after them in the car. I ran for so long..." I looked at the sky. So clear, and happy. How dare it mock me like that.

"I went home. My parents blamed me, and I blamed... blame... myself. I don't know how long it was... 3, 4 weeks, and then..." Tears. They were welling up, but I held back.

"She was dead. Her body was found, brutally bloody, and bruised. And it was my fault," I said sternly. "My fault."

~~~~~
~~~~~

When you see my face...

When you walk my way...
Hope it gives you hell."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]   Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practicing. Nothing more. [E S S I E]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next