Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] Empty
PostSubject: Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]   Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:13 am

~Taylor, 16, Daughter of Khione~

Slash!

The three-foot sword sliced through the dummy as if it was made of butter. Taylor whipped around with both hands gripping her sword and jumped. She brought her sword down on two of the dummies a few feet away, destroying them both with one swipe of her sword. Taylor grinned before taking out a bottle of water from her partially open bag, which was tied around her waist. She spilled the water in the air and a split-second later it was frozen. She tossed the now empty bottle behind her and with a wave and a tug in her gut, the ice began to shift in shape to form a bunch of little throwing stars. With another wave of her hand, the throwing stars began to move out of their own accord through the air, finding their way towards the dummies moving towards Taylor. The dummies stopped in their tracks as the stars hit them. Within a moment later they were sliced into pieces by Taylor's white celestial bronze sword.

Taylor landed in a half-kneeling position, holding the sword away from her body. She grinned at what she had done, and stood up. The other kids were still busy with their own sparring sessions, so thinking that no one saw her, Taylor bowed and said softly, "Thank you, thank you, dear fans!"
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Thresh

Thresh

PostSubject: Re: Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]   Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:25 am

"Impressive" Gray shouted down walking down from the top of the Arena. "Now it is my turn" Grey turned toward the dummies he said over his shoulder "Time me". Grey became a blare he charged the dummies head on, there where twelve in all, full battle armor and weapons. His bow acting as a double sided blade. He sliced three took a step back and notched an arrow "Take this" He said. He launched the arrow half the dummies erupted in a green flame. Grey continued and notched another arrow, the arrow exploded the rest were frozen. Gray just walked over one by one and punched each in the chest. Each fell apart, after the last one fell apart the fire died on the melted armor and weapons.

"What you think?" he asked here. Grey only had a small bead of sweat running down the brow of his nose.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]   Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Taylor was startled by the sudden voice. She didn't actually expect anyone to hear her. Nevertheless she followed the guy's advice and began to count the seconds under her breath. And that was when she was totally blown away. Holy... Wow, this guy is good, Taylor thought as she watched the display of arrows and other colors come to life in front of her. Taylor's jaw dropped open, and she looked like a fish out of the water.

"Dude, I lost count after one second," Taylor said, still out of breath. She sized up the guy--he was older than she was, that fact she was sure of. Probably why he was so good at this. "Anyway, that was so awesome!" Taylor nearly screamed, looking at the remains of the dummies behind the guy. "Mark my words, I am going to be as awesome as you are when I reach your age. Probably not with a bow and arrow, but with Snowflake nonetheless," she said, grinning widely as she indicated the sword she held in her right hand. "Anyway, I'm Taylor. You?"
Back to top Go down
Thresh

Thresh

PostSubject: Re: Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]   Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:48 am

"Grey O'Brian I got here a few weeks ago" He said with a bit of an Irish accent. He walked over to the weapons rack and picked up a sword. "Ya this is really what I need to practice with" Grey said slashing throw the air. "Care to duel" He said with a smile. He flipped the coin in his hand, it started to expand into a full shield. "You see this" he showed Taylor the shield "It means eternal spirit"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]   Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 am

Taylor perked up as Grey suggested a duel. She grinned widely, not being one to back down from a challenge. Taylor twirled her sword like a baton, quickly and repeatedly switching hands while doing so. It was a little exhibition technique she learned a while back. Her grin slightly faded when she saw the shield, seeing that she was at a bit of disadvantage--especially with Grey being a lot older than she was.

"Wait a sec," Taylor told Grey as she rushed towards the weapons rack and snatched a shield at random. It was slightly heavy, Taylor noted, but it was certainly better than having no shield at all. "Alright, let's do this. And I think," Taylor gripped her sword tighter, "ladies go first."

Without missing a beat, Taylor swiftly moved in to strike with her sword.
Back to top Go down
Thresh

Thresh

PostSubject: Re: Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]   Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Her sword connected to Grey's shield sending a violent pain up in his arm, but he used the shield and pushed with it sending her back he moved to the side and moved to the center of the arena. "Your very fast" Grey said while moving. "But I'm faster!" he turned and kicked her shield and arched his sword so that it would fall on her right shoulder.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]   Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:21 am

Grey was definitely stronger than she was, but Taylor was not going to let that stop her. Even with the kick disorienting her slightly, Taylor was still aware of Grey aiming to hit her right shoulder. Taylor brought her own sword up to block, and she felt herself slide slightly backwards due to the force. Knowing full well that Grey could overpower her any second, Taylor blindly pushed forward with her shield in front of her. She sidestepped, missing his attack, spinning on her heel and aiming her sword at Grey's legs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]   Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Because I needed Practice [Red-Kool-Aid]
Page 1 of 1